PDA

View Full Version : This redefines carry-on

Chuck Bao
6/1/2011, 07:26 PM
Yeah, park this in the "only in Thailand" category.

Another thought, the overhead bins in first class must be very large. I wouldn't know because I have never flown first class (not US first class which is lousy, but international first class).

Can you imagine packing a carry on with 4 leopards, a marmoset, a gibbon and a bear? And, I worry about my spare set of loud underwear being pulled out by security.

I just hope those leopards find Mr. Mahmood some day and he isn't able to flee.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/Man-who-attempted-to-smuggle-live-leopards-flees-T-30156743.html

Man who attempted to smuggle live leopards flees Thailand

A United Arab Emirates national arrested last month with baby leopards in his carry-on luggage has fled Thailand under suspicious circumstances, police confirmed Wednesday.

Noor Mahmood, 36, was arrested at Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport on May 13 as he prepared to fly first class to Dubai, after police found four baby leopards, one marmoset, one gibbon and an Asiatic black bear cub in his hand luggage.

Mahmood never appeared for his court date on Monday. Police found that he had left the country on May 23 after posting bail at a police station near the airport and had his passport returned.

StoopTroup
6/1/2011, 07:35 PM
They aren't any Bigger that I know of....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles/1213546-overhead-bin-space-first-class-passengers-only-pic.html

Maybe the Intl Flights are but I doubt it.

StoopTroup
6/1/2011, 07:45 PM
BTW Chuck...don't forget the proper etiquette for flying....lol

http://www.getcheapairlinetickets.com/airplane-travel-rules.html

StoopTroup
6/1/2011, 07:48 PM
General Luggage Policies

Note that when maximum size measurements are shown as a total number of inches (eg 45") this is the total of the length, width and height of the piece. There are standard sets of dimensions that go to make up these totals (for example, 22 x 14 x 9 is the standard for 45") and if you have a bag that is an unusual shape but still within the total number of inches, you may find it being rejected.

Domestic and International Carryon Luggage Policy variations

International flights often have much stricter carry-on policies, particularly with regard to the weight of carry-on bags.

Although most domestic airlines have no limit on carry-on bag weight, internationally, you will find that some airlines set such ridiculously low carry-on weight limits (sometimes as little as 11 lbs) that the weight of an empty carry-on bag is more than the total weight you're allowed to take with you!

You need to be aware of these rules, or else the next time you see someone desperately unpacking and repacking their luggage on the floor by the checkin counter, that person might be you!

International airlines may have different size limits on your carry on bags, too - sometimes smaller in one dimension, even if perhaps larger in a different dimension. If you want a bag that is always accepted on both domestic and international flights, you'll need to choose a size or two smaller than the maximum allowable domestic sizes.

If your flight is on a really small plane, you might find that your luggage allowances for both checked and carry-on items are substantially reduced. For example, some light aircraft operators limit passengers to 20lbs of luggage (both carry on and checked).

http://www.thetravelinsider.com/travelaccessories/airlinecarryonluggageallowances.htm

Chuck Bao
6/1/2011, 08:09 PM
BTW Chuck...don't forget the proper etiquette for flying....lol

http://www.getcheapairlinetickets.com/airplane-travel-rules.html

No, I don't do any of those.

But, I noticed that getting rip-roaringly drunk before boarding is not included on your list. I have been kicked out of more than a few airport bars but never off of a plane, yet. Most times I pass out before take off.

But, I appreciate your post ST and hope more than a few people take heed.

tcrb
6/1/2011, 09:37 PM
The OH bins on Int'l flights are the same size as domestic. FC bins are the same size as coach on most 747, 777, 767 and Airbus A330+. I've flownFC and coach on most major airlines except Thai, JAL, and Emerates, anda few others, and Ive not seen a difference.

StoopTroup
6/1/2011, 09:45 PM
The OH bins on Int'l flights are the same size as domestic. FC bins are the same size as coach on most 747, 777, 767 and Airbus A330+. I've flownFC and coach on most major airlines except Thai, JAL, and Emerates, anda few others, and Ive not seen a difference.

Thanks for that. I've only been on three different Int'l Carriers and I wasn't sure if they were all the same...I just knew that most US Carriers were bound by the rules the FAA sets and they must abide by them to be able to land here. I know passengers think this is all a way for the airlines to screw them out of money. It's unfortunate the events of 9-11-2001 occurred as they changed Air Travel forever and so many rules have been enacted in the last ten years that it has taken many folks time to realize what things they can carry on a plane and what things are verboten. Leopards = Verboten....lol