PDA

View Full Version : College Football Live on ESPiN

ouwasp
6/1/2011, 06:07 PM
When will they quit blabbing about those buckeye retards long enough to talk about the number one team? :mad:

They've been doing the countdown for several weeks now. Finally, last Thursday they covered #2 Bama and said after Memorial Day they would have the roundtable on the Number One Oklahoma Sooners!

Friday was a show devoted to college fb scandal with a heavy dose of buckeye retardation.

Then Tre$$el resigns. There goes Tuesday's show; but at the end they did the "tune in tomorrow for the Sooners yada yada"...

So I get home from work, settle in, got the ol' dvr fired up... another 30 minutes on the buckeye retards! :mad:

At the end Dari Nokah (sp) and Matt Millen put on sheepish grins and say something like "We're gonna try to get to Number One Oklahoma Thursday on College Football Live... as long as there isn't anymore breaking news..." :mad:

Yeah, I know it's just pre-season fluff, and they'll probably say something we'll get irritated about (like Stoops to tOSU!!), but still....

Get to Number One Oklahoma

BoulderSooner79
6/1/2011, 06:25 PM
Isn't it enough to know they still have OU at preseason #1? I doubt you'll get any new information. The Tressel/tOSU is a much bigger deal than any preseason poll; but I admit it's already getting tiresome.

SoonerofAlabama
6/1/2011, 06:27 PM
Watched today. I always watch College Football Live. It was all on Pryor's car and I think how Ohio was dealing with Tressel leaving.

Osama Bin Laden
6/1/2011, 08:21 PM
I was about ready to murder somebody. That's 2 days in a row I sat through 30 minutes of useless conversation about the Ohio State situation only to find out they weren't going to do our segment. They could at least have the courtesy to tell us at the beginning of the show they aren't going to get to it.

silverwheels
6/1/2011, 08:24 PM
People still watch College Football Live?

CBUS_SOONER
6/1/2011, 08:26 PM
Hey as long as THE is getting hammered I will be patient

Osama Bin Laden
6/1/2011, 08:27 PM

people don't?

boomersooner28
6/1/2011, 08:41 PM

I've only started recording it the last few days to see the roundtable discussion on OU. This pisses me off that they have put it off for a friggin week now! WTF ESPN!?!?!?!? I'm ready to kill someone.

silverwheels
6/1/2011, 08:42 PM
people don't?

I have found it to be utterly useless for years.

salth2o
6/1/2011, 09:42 PM
Get ready to hear about tO$U all freaking year.

goingoneight
6/1/2011, 10:44 PM
Only thing I hope happens is OSU finishes better than 5-7. It will make that joke SO much better. :D

BoomerJ
6/1/2011, 11:08 PM
I was about ready to murder somebody. That's 2 days in a row I sat through 30 minutes of useless conversation about the Ohio State situation only to find out they weren't going to do our segment. They could at least have the courtesy to tell us at the beginning of the show they aren't going to get to it.

Osama Bin Laden is about to murder someone from the grave. Boomersooner28 is about to kill someone. Look what College Football Live is doing to you people.

Peach Fuzz
6/1/2011, 11:16 PM
honestly, I don't mind hearing about o$u and their ****, I hope their fans get hit by a ton of bricks everytime they watch sports and hear that ****.. I had to do it with Bonemar and Quinn... granted that they don't mention it every non-osu game..

BoulderSooner79
6/1/2011, 11:17 PM
I think the powers at ESPN are doing us a favor. We know they are doing the roundtable with us at #1 and are likely to present arguments to defend that position. If they have any influence on the human voting in the BCS equation (and I'm sure they do), it's best to release this when voters are paying attention. With the tOSU stuff going on, that's where all the attention is going. Even if it only buys us .001 BCS points, it's worth delaying. Horn fans are still holding signs with the BCS deficit they had behind us in '08 (ha ha ha ha).

ouwasp
6/1/2011, 11:34 PM
Osama Bin Laden is about to murder someone from the grave. Boomersooner28 is about to kill someone. Look what College Football Live is doing to you people.

I'm not homicidal... yet ;) . Just irritated to the point where I'd like to see super-serious Joe Schad get a pie in the face. Hey, at least make the telecast fun for those of us that don't give a rip about tOSU: show some man-on-the-street interviews of their fans wallowing in misery :)

85sooners
6/2/2011, 12:13 AM
Hahaha

Salt City Sooner
6/2/2011, 12:33 AM
Sorry that you all apparently missed it, but the OU segment was on tonight on ESPNU. They had a 2 hour recap show of all the roundtable sessions. If it makes you feel any better, there really wasn't much of anything on there that hasn't been said before.

swardboy
6/2/2011, 08:43 AM
I thought they said the OU edition would debut today at 2:30 p.m. central time. Anyway that's what I've tivo'd .

w0lfe
6/2/2011, 10:24 AM
Yeah I've been waiting to see what they say as well

Lott's Bandana
6/2/2011, 10:25 AM
Isn't it only June?

SoonerNomad
6/2/2011, 10:47 AM
Hopefully, it will be on today. I missed the roundup of the roundtables on ESPNU last night. I have found all of the roundtables to be interesting, especially teams I don't follow as closely as the Sooners. I disagree with A&M and Boise being rated as high as they are, but it's not about me and what I think (why is that).

As for College Football Live, I DVR it every day and whip through it pretty quickly. I find it very interesting most of the time and can fast forward when someone is droning on.

I thought the first one this week about the state of college football was very informative.

I will say even on a bad day College Football Live is a show about college football and I like to hear college football talk as much as possible. I podcast, ESPN's College Football podcast with Ivan Maisel, and I podcast The Solid Verbal (lots of college football, with hosts that are too young for me but sometimes funny) and I used to podcast Finebaum until they stopped it for some reason (I am sure money is the reason). I like to hear college football talk while I am working out, even if I don't agree with some or all of it.

Do any of you have any good college football podcasts that you listen to routinely?

MI Sooner
6/2/2011, 12:00 PM
Do any of you have any good college football podcasts that you listen to routinely?

ESPNU CFB Podcast w/ Ivan Maisel and Beano Cook is pretty decent, although they know more about history than about recent news, IMO.

CBS's is OK.

BlatantHomerism.com for OU-centric, when the guest is good.

Osama Bin Laden
6/2/2011, 03:02 PM
Those lying ****ing **** suckers.

SoonerofAlabama
6/2/2011, 03:15 PM
I forgot to watch today. Did they not show it again?

Scott D
6/2/2011, 03:30 PM
lol, they apologized at the end saying they're going to try it tomorrow, and millen was singing boomer sooner as they faded to black.

ouwasp
6/2/2011, 04:12 PM
I fast forwarded thru the crap in about 7 minutes...

More buckeye retard stuff
BCS/ Justice Dept baloney
Spurrier's unworkable fantasy
Not sure what else
Ended with the flippant "maybe tomorrow, maybe next week for you Oklahoma fans" and Millen singing very badly.

<sigh> I've decided to not care for now...

boomersooner28
6/2/2011, 05:36 PM
UN ****ING BELIEVABLE! **** ME! **** ESPN!

Ok, I'm done....getting comical to see how long they can put it off. They are messing with us now.

BoulderSooner79
6/2/2011, 07:07 PM
The video is posted on espn.go.com now, so everyone must be happy. As expected, nothing new for us. I did think Kirk had the best comments and emphasized the wildcard factor of replacing KW with the Josh/Jay show.

starclassic tama
6/2/2011, 07:32 PM
ESPNU CFB Podcast w/ Ivan Maisel and Beano Cook is pretty decent, although they know more about history than about recent news, IMO.

CBS's is OK.

BlatantHomerism.com for OU-centric, when the guest is good.

the solid verbal is the best college football podcast out there in my opinion

Salt City Sooner
6/2/2011, 08:05 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/42730/video-oklahoma-roundtable