PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Couponning

soonerbrat
6/1/2011, 03:31 PM
I"m gonna try it. Not into stockpiling but gonna see if i can get my groceries for free. can i have your coupons?

SoonerofAlabama
6/1/2011, 03:44 PM
I watched that show one time. Three carts of groceries for $20. All because of some smart shoppingand a giant book filled with coupons.

Mongo
6/1/2011, 03:47 PM
I would lay hands on someone if they spent a ****load of time giving the cashier coupons while I am waiting in line behind them

soonerbrat
6/1/2011, 03:51 PM
ooh, where would you lay your hands on them?

Mongo
6/1/2011, 03:53 PM
naughty places

Boomer.....
6/1/2011, 03:56 PM
I just don't understand these people stockpiling tens of thousands of dollars worth of supplies. A lot of stuff is going to go bad before they get a chance to use it.

soonerbrat
6/1/2011, 03:59 PM
i don't want to do the stockpile, i just want to try it one time. if i get hooked, i wouldn't stockpile, I would donate it to the food bank or women's shelters.

Mongo
6/1/2011, 04:00 PM
i don't want to do the stockpile, i just want to try it one time. if i get hooked, i wouldn't stockpile, I would donate it to the food bank or women's shelters.

why not a men's shelter? that is pretty sexist of you

Boomer.....
6/1/2011, 04:05 PM
ik,r?

There are probably more starving men out there than women.

Boomer.....
6/1/2011, 04:07 PM
The problem I see is I don't know of any grocery stores (at least ones I go to) that double coupons or have store saver cards. That seems to be the key with these extreme couponers.

Skysooner
6/1/2011, 04:09 PM
You are going to have to earn that laying on hands, brat. BTW, I'm in Denver now.

SoCaliSooner
6/1/2011, 04:10 PM
My wife still clips coupons. Our grocery store, Ralph's, used to double coupons. There were times the amount was near $200 and she would walk out paying less than $50. She still saves an average of 30-50% depending on the ads, coupons and if we buy alcohol or not.

NormanPride
6/1/2011, 04:25 PM
If they had coupons for good beer, I would use them.

crawfish
6/1/2011, 04:36 PM
Just please, pull them out BEFORE the total is displayed. Nothing more frustrating that some woman watching every single item get checked and bagged, told the total, and then pull out 200+ coupons...

The Profit
6/1/2011, 04:39 PM
Just please, pull them out BEFORE the total is displayed. Nothing more frustrating that some woman watching every single item get checked and bagged, told the total, and then pull out 200+ coupons...

I think that is part of the rush.

Turd_Ferguson
6/1/2011, 05:07 PM
Just please, pull them out BEFORE the total is displayed. Nothing more frustrating that some woman watching every single item get checked and bagged, told the total, and then pull out 200+ coupons...That's egzackly what I do...and after I hand them to the he/she/it, I look at the line behind me and stick my chest out...they don't want none...never do...

Whet
6/1/2011, 11:53 PM
My former neighbors would clip coupons (he managed a grocery store) and get the coupons from other neighbors. Then, husband would take the coupons to the store, where he and the owner would split the $.

swardboy
6/2/2011, 08:46 AM
I'd tell you stories about my wife but you would not believe them. It's routine to walk out of Walgreen's with $35 worth of stuff for $5.

Peach Fuzz
6/2/2011, 09:08 AM
go on...

KuppiKunta
6/2/2011, 09:27 AM
I'd tell you stories about my wife but you would not believe them. It's routine to walk out of Walgreen's with $35 worth of stuff for $5.

My wife does this all the time too. Walgreen's is ripe for the picking if you know how to work their system. I've seen my wife have to pick up a couple of candy bars at the register just to get out of the negative.

Breadburner
6/2/2011, 09:32 AM
Yes...I need 39 Boxes of chocolate cake mix..... 27 orange sodas....59 bottles of bar b que saauce....34 packages of cream cheese.....What a deal.....

soonerbrat
6/2/2011, 10:45 AM

i believe that.

Viking Kitten
6/2/2011, 10:54 AM
Here's the thing that bugs me about that show... To get all those coupons, those people either have to get in a garbage dumpster to dig them out, OR they have to pay upwards of $100 to a clipping service. So to me, it's not worth risking tetanus, and if I'm paying money anyway, I might as well just shop at an inexpensive grocery store and get exactly what I need and will use each week.

I am however intrigued by the Walgreens comments above... anyone care to share the details of how your wives work their system?

Boomer.....
6/2/2011, 11:02 AM
I think it's funny when the couponers will only buy things that they have coupons for whether they like the stuff or not. One lady said that my son doesn't even like this type of cereal but it's the one I get coupons for so he HAS to eat it.

StoopTroup
6/2/2011, 11:17 AM
Here's the thing that bugs me about that show... To get all those coupons, those people either have to get in a garbage dumpster to dig them out, OR they have to pay upwards of $100 to a clipping service. So to me, it's not worth risking tetanus, and if I'm paying money anyway, I might as well just shop at an inexpensive grocery store and get exactly what I need and will use each week.

I am however intrigued by the Walgreens comments above... anyone care to share the details of how your wives work their system?

Start reading their ads and as soon as you get it....get in the car....have someone else drive you so you can look through the ad. Have yourself a map of the store so you know where everything they sell is....or at least a good idea. Remember...they limit you to 1 or 2 so grab the stuff you can get for free and move on. If someone got the last one on the shelf...do not stop to ask if there are anymore in back.....push that bitch out of the way and move on before she gets the rest of the free stuff before you do.....