PDA

View Full Version : It's over Potheads...

StoopTroup
5/31/2011, 11:15 PM
Change your summer travel plans to Europe....

Total Bummer. Amsterdam Will Close Its Weed Cafes to Tourists

Can you hear that? Stoners and wanna-be stoners everywhere are weeping and reaching for the nearest bag of Cheetos, to ease the sadness. Holland, home to Amsterdam and this, the weed-smoking capital of the world, will shut the doors of its cannabis cafes to tourists. By the end of the year, only Dutch residents will be able to enter pot-selling shops.

So if you were planning a trip to light up in Amsterdam, you'll have to find other means to get high. According to the Daily Mail, the new legislation is being called "tourism suicide," since it will cost the country millions of dollars each year in lost revenue.

Under the new anti-drug rules, which aim to curb illegal activity in the districts that cannabis cafes inhabit, customers will have to sign up for a one-year membership, or dope pass, to the 750-some pot-hawking cafes in the country. Adding insult to injury, each cafe will only be permitted to have 1,500 members. Those who oppose the ban worry that the move will cause Dutch residents to sell marijuana to tourists at inflated prices.

We're guessing that tourists will still come out to partake in the other red-light district offerings that remain legal, but there will be a lot of disappointed would-be Amsterdam travelers out there.

http://www.jaunted.com/story/2011/5/31/91617/3872/travel/Total+Bummer.+Amsterdam+Will+Close+Its+Weed+Cafes+ to+Tourists

2121Sooner
5/31/2011, 11:18 PM
I don't go to Amsterdam for the weed

It's the crack in the window that is so much fun

StoopTroup
5/31/2011, 11:31 PM
The crack on the right or the crack on the left?

http://www.independent.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00058/amsterdam_58708t.jpg

2121Sooner
5/31/2011, 11:33 PM
Last time I was there I had an amazing time

Then again I was 24 and in my prime.....big difference

Sooner_Tuf
5/31/2011, 11:39 PM
If they enforce this law like they enforce their other laws you will never know the difference.

yermom
6/1/2011, 12:14 AM
it's legal to buy it, it's legal to own it, and if you're the proprietor of a hash bar, it's legal to sell it. It's illegal to carry it, but that doesn't really matter 'cause get a load of this, all right; if you get stopped by the cops in Amsterdam, it's illegal for them to search you. I mean, that's a right the cops in Amsterdam don't have.

sooner59
6/1/2011, 12:27 AM
They do things different in Europe.

MR2-Sooner86
6/1/2011, 12:44 AM
When "drug tourism," which by some estimates draws up to 40% of Amsterdam's 16 million annual visitors, (http://travel.usatoday.com/destinations/dispatches/post/2011/05/hollands-pot-tourism-set-to-go-up-in-smoke/172331/1) is a big source of income for you, I can see this getting overturned.

sooner59
6/1/2011, 12:58 AM
They may hate pot, but they really hate money.

MR2-Sooner86
6/1/2011, 01:18 AM
On the bright side of things, there's still Protugal, their drug laws are even more liberal than the Netherlands, and they worked (http://healthland.time.com/2010/11/23/portugals-drug-experience-new-study-confirms-decriminalization-was-a-success/).

yermom
6/1/2011, 01:44 AM
but do they have whores?

MR2-Sooner86
6/1/2011, 01:46 AM
but do they have whores?

I'm sure if you carry around an eight-ball long enough you could get your dick sucked.

yermom
6/1/2011, 02:06 AM
i can do that in OKC :D

Blue
6/1/2011, 02:07 AM
I'm sure if you carry around an eight-ball long enough you could get your dick sucked.

Words to live by

MR2-Sooner86
6/1/2011, 02:11 AM

Yes but European whores are better than our whores. They swallow and take it the back way for no extra charge. Not that I know about that kind of thing...

Blue
6/1/2011, 02:12 AM
Yes but European whores are better than our whores. They swallow and take it the back way for no extra charge.

Even more words to live by... :D

yermom
6/1/2011, 02:21 AM
i'm going. that's all there is to it.

sooner59
6/1/2011, 02:24 AM
IN!

OU Adonis
6/1/2011, 06:43 AM

You suck D#@! in OKC?

Caboose
6/1/2011, 06:57 AM
I can't think of anything more pathetic than an American traveling all the way to Amsterdam to smoke pot.

jk the sooner fan
6/1/2011, 07:15 AM
which comedian was it that said "i wish they'd legalize pot just so the stoners would shut the hell up"

sanantoniosooner
6/1/2011, 07:29 AM
Abraham Lincoln

GDC
6/1/2011, 08:07 AM
Yes but European whores are better than our whores. They swallow and take it the back way for no extra charge

You sir, are not patronizing the appropriate establishments...

:texan:

jk the sooner fan
6/1/2011, 08:08 AM
Yes but European whores are better than our whores. They swallow and take it the back way for no extra charge. Not that I know about that kind of thing...

what part of europe are you talking about? surely not in germany

Peach Fuzz
6/1/2011, 08:37 AM
I can't think of anything more pathetic than an American traveling all the way to Amsterdam to smoke pot.

Well, I sure as hell can. What's more pathetic, people using the money they have earned to go on vacation and 'live' a little, or people on food stamps that don't do a damn thing and still prolly do drugs... yeah so pathetic :rolleyes:

KantoSooner
6/1/2011, 09:04 AM
Two words for you in mourning: Thai land.

Kind of like the adult version of Amsterdam, with superior food and better looking good-time girls.

Spring
6/1/2011, 09:06 AM
Two words for you in mourning: Thai land.

Kind of like the adult version of Amsterdam, with superior food and better looking good-time girls.

except that chick might have a bigger dick than you do.

Mongo
6/1/2011, 09:21 AM
except that chick might have a bigger dick than you do.

I hate when that happens

KantoSooner
6/1/2011, 10:35 AM
You can find girly-men in Thailand, if that's your deal.

Or you can find girly girls.

and anything else your twisted mind can imagine.

and if they don't have whatever it is you want ready to go right now, BY GOD, they'll find it for you.

It's a consumer satisfaction economy non pareil.

Try it sometime: ask the madam for a 6' Thai chick with green eyes and a 38" chest. Just don't wager too much of your own money, 'cause you'll be losing that bet.

EnragedOUfan
6/1/2011, 10:38 AM
People who have never been there probably don't think so, but Amsterdam and its surrounding area is very family friendly as well.........Me, wife, kid, and dad had an awesome time in Amsterdam and Amsterdam was my 2nd favorite European city behind Rome. Yea, there's the Redlight and smoke cafes, but the Anne Frank House alone is worth the trip. If you can get outside Amsterdam, Zans Schans is pretty cool too..

GDC
6/1/2011, 11:28 AM
People who have never been there probably don't think so, but Amsterdam and its surrounding area is very family friendly as well.........Me, wife, kid, and dad had an awesome time in Amsterdam and Amsterdam was my 2nd favorite European city behind Rome. Yea, there's the Redlight and smoke cafes, but the Anne Frank House alone is worth the trip. If you can get outside Amsterdam, Zans Schans is pretty cool too..

I have always stayed in Haarlem when I vist the area. It is nice also.

MR2-Sooner86
6/1/2011, 11:44 AM

Kind of like how people go to Las Vegas just to gamble?

yermom
6/1/2011, 11:47 AM
You suck D#@! in OKC?

you obviously missed the point of that story

StoopTroup
6/1/2011, 12:00 PM
The other point that has been missed is that some people are worried that the Dutch will pass the doochy on the left hand side...

KantoSooner
6/1/2011, 02:07 PM
The other point that has been missed is that some people are worried that the Dutch will pass the doochy on the left hand side...

What!?

Dam I missed that.

Oh no.

Chuck Bao
6/1/2011, 02:44 PM
I haven't been there in 10 years and I used to go to Amsterdam on business at least once a year. I never went into one of those cafes. I did notice that the criminal element was getting worse and worse each year, especially the Eastern European mafia.

I do not blame them for banning tourists from their cafes. Those tourists were not the type that is desirable and then they attract that criminal element that preys on them. It is a very beautiful historic city with lots to see and do and should be promoting family-type tourism.

Now for Bangkok, I agree with Kanto that you can get anything you want here. At the same time, please be careful what you ask for. Like Amsterdam, please do not go ANYWHERE that is not an established business with a permanent location. Negotiate before. Do not fight. Pay the bill and then go to the Tourist Police. They will take your side.

KantoSooner
6/1/2011, 03:44 PM
I haven't been there in 10 years and I used to go to Amsterdam on business at least once a year. I never went into one of those cafes. I did notice that the criminal element was getting worse and worse each year, especially the Eastern European mafia.

I do not blame them for banning tourists from their cafes. Those tourists were not the type that is desirable and then they attract that criminal element that preys on them. It is a very beautiful historic city with lots to see and do and should be promoting family-type tourism.

Now for Bangkok, I agree with Kanto that you can get anything you want here. At the same time, please be careful what you ask for. Like Amsterdam, please do not go ANYWHERE that is not an established business with a permanent location. Negotiate before. Do not fight. Pay the bill and then go to the Tourist Police. They will take your side.

Chuck's right. I got sucked into an upstairs bar (never a good idea, and I knew it, but alcohol is a powerful drug as is testosterone) in Pat Pong. Leaving proved expensive, as in $300-400; however, the tourist police at the corner had me sit down, let me buy a beer for the wait, went back to the bar and got my money back less the legit cost of the three beers I'd had. It was like freaking magic! Yay Thai police (most of the time).

GDC
6/1/2011, 04:10 PM
Chuck's right. I got sucked into an upstairs bar (never a good idea, and I knew it, but alcohol is a powerful drug as is testosterone) in Pat Pong. Leaving proved expensive, as in $300-400; however, the tourist police at the corner had me sit down, let me buy a beer for the wait, went back to the bar and got my money back less the legit cost of the three beers I'd had. It was like freaking magic! Yay Thai police (most of the time).

This kind of shake down can happen almost anywhere, the Soho district in London is notorious for it.

SoonerStormchaser
6/1/2011, 04:12 PM
And yet there are still morons like Rick Steves who advocate bull**** like this...give it up already...

yermom
6/1/2011, 06:05 PM

it sounds like Bankgok almost had you

Mongo
6/1/2011, 09:09 PM

did you at least get the hummer from the lady boy?

StoopTroup
6/1/2011, 09:28 PM

So many questions....are you getting turned on?

hawaii 5-0
6/1/2011, 09:39 PM
what part of europe are you talking about? surely not in germany

Good question. Not in Austria either. The State regulates the industry and condoms are required. ( I read, heh heh)

5-0

Trump/ Weiner 2012

KantoSooner
6/2/2011, 09:28 AM

No, not there, although you can get 'em at street side bars if you're so inclined. Really makes the old ladies from Omaha's eyes bug out as their tourist bus passes...

But, upstairs I DID get to see:

1. A young woman who was able to shoot blow darts in a most amazing fashion, and actually hit balloons across the bar room. That my friends is talent.

and

2. A rather heavy-set woman pull a Mercury (without the engine, thankfully) across the stage in a manner that still brings tears to my eyes. The front bumper was attached to a heavy length of chain with an eight ball mouinted on the far end. I'll leave the rest to your imagination although I will say she didn't use her hands.

StoopTroup
6/2/2011, 10:47 AM
Why not a Citron or Fiat or even a benz? Why go all the way for a merc?

Jammin'
6/2/2011, 12:32 PM
Why not a Citron or Fiat or even a benz? Why go all the way for a merc?

Cause she's crazy bout a Mercury

Tulsa_Fireman
6/2/2011, 12:36 PM
I'm gonna buy me a Mercury and pull it up and down the road.

With my vagina.

the_ouskull
6/2/2011, 11:04 PM
I can't think of anything more pathetic than an American having to travel all the way to Amsterdam to smoke pot due to the U.S.'s antiquated drug laws and the governmental fear of the religious voting block.

FTFY.

the_ouskull

Blue
6/2/2011, 11:27 PM
FTFY.

the_ouskull

It's all about the benjamins baby. Just ask the CIA.