PDA

View Full Version : Big X!! Dream Team

Sooner_Tuf
5/31/2011, 06:06 PM
Read It and Weep (http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=122126)

goingoneight
5/31/2011, 06:57 PM
Sounds about like a cfb fanbase.

:les: "WHAT!?! How is our QB not 1st team over [insert name here]?"

:les: "Well, I just don't see how or why we don't have the best receivers in the conference! I mean, we're definitely better than THEY are!"

:les: "I'd put my OL up against any sucker in the country... especially that weakass excuse for an OL they have rated above us!"

:les: "Ummm... yeah, I DO think our backs and tight ends are better. Why? Ummm... well, I dunno why. I just like our guys fight and resolve!"

:les: "Defense??? Pfft... what's a defense?"

Cornfed
5/31/2011, 07:22 PM
If everyone is saying yes it must be so.....

olevetonahill
5/31/2011, 07:26 PM
m24uUzJgfwQ

Orion
6/1/2011, 05:07 PM
oSu is going to suck sooo bad this year.

They never live up to high expectations in Football.

sojOUrn
6/2/2011, 09:52 PM
:texan:

IronHorseSooner
6/3/2011, 09:35 AM
QB: As far as a collection of QBs, and with Heisman-hype, I just don't see why OSU above us. Is Weeden ahead of Jones? Well, he won head-to-head and won a conference title. Does anybody on their bench have the potential of Allen, Bell, and Thompson? I can't think of anybody.

RB: Agree with that. A&M has the most proven 1-2 punch in the conference with Michael and Gray. We are a solid second with OSU and Mizzou right after that. What helps us is that none of them have a Millard-type back, which is a real X-factor for us.

WR/TE: Agreed, but this conference is loaded with good WR corps (us, A&M, OSU, Baylor, Mizzou), and * has the potential to be good.

OL: I am surprised that we weren't even mentioned. We have a veteran line with 5 guys with starting experience coming back (6 if J. Jones comes back).

DL: Way off base with this one: Mizzou and *. Mizzou loses their best DL (Smith), and they have the best DL? Even by the words of the * coaching staff, their whole D has a long way to go. I am not really sure who has the best, but those two have as many issues as we do.

LB (including roy-backer): Agreed. This group is loaded with experience/talent/depth. Nobody else is really close on this one.

Corners: We are #2? I am in a wait-and-see mode with these guys. Hurst is a shut-down CB, but we need to see what guys like Lynn and Wilson do and/or if Fleming comes back. If he comes back, we are as good or better than Harris/Judie.

Safeties: Much like corner, I need to see what these guys do in as starters. J. Harris and Colvin appear to be solid, but we need to see what they can do on every down. They could potentially be 1 or 2 in the conference, but time will tell.

Punter: It's a toss-up between us and Aggie-Lite. If Tress kicks like we know he can, then he can win the Guy Award. His kicks are also hard to field due to distance/height/trajectory.

Kicker: No argument here. Ressel is one of the better kickers in the country.

I see a lot of discrepancies with this list, but it could also be a case of favoring one team too much. If Ubben put us at or near the top of everything, then it would be a boring read for eveybody else.

Mad Dog Madsen
6/3/2011, 10:01 AM

You couldn't just post the ESPN link?!? I just hate looking at the stupid orangepower website... :mad:

JLEW1818
6/3/2011, 10:09 AM
I've been very very hard on Landry his first two seasons, because Sam set the bar so high.

Landry Jones is clearly the best QB in the Big12

boomerinhou
6/4/2011, 12:44 PM

One of the funniest things...Texas has only one honorable mention.

Hook 'em

Sooner_Tuf
6/4/2011, 01:25 PM
You couldn't just post the ESPN link?!? I just hate looking at the stupid orangepower website... :mad:

Sure I could have. If that is what I was posting. It was the hilarity of the thread on orangepower I was linking to.

goingoneight
6/4/2011, 03:14 PM
Typical OSU fan's choice for All-BIG 12 selections. Just a sec, lemme put my hat on.
:stunned:
Alright... here we go--
Offense:
1. OSU QB, because he's just so good.
2. OSU RB, because no matter who he is, he should be compared to Barry Sanders by about mid June.
3. OSU standout WR... their legit pick.
4. OSU slot WR... because no gooner or red raider can possibly be better than OSU's #2 or #3 guy.
5. OSU TE, because even though someone else is better, they heard Robert Allen say their guy was better.
6, 7, 8, 9, 10. OSU's OL... all of them. Not a chance that any single player could even crack the two-deep in Stillwater. Especially not some Gooner who was drafted before their guy.
11. Whatever X-factoring player exists in the BIG 12, or specifically OSU, but none from OU. None, whatsoever. Be it another WR, a FB, another RB, whatever... just nobody's any good down in snorman.

Defense:
1. That guy who intercepted OU's quarterback last year. Remember him? That was awesome. [/Farley]
2-11... I dunno, pick some Texas guys or something.
:les: ... what?!? Roy freaking Williams? Torrance Marshall? Dan Cody? Curtis Lofton? Gerald McCoy? Are you kidding me? What have those guys ever done?!? Our guys are soooo much better!!!111!1onejuanI

Now, real All-BIG 12 is decided; aaaaaand--

[hairGel] THAT AIN'T TRUE!!!!1111!11

fadada1
6/4/2011, 03:33 PM
i still have never heard of half the players osu claims to be "all-conference".

just like their team, every one of their players seems to be on the brink of a "break out" season. i don't know, maybe i'm the one that's stupid... and all the osu fans are brilliant.

sooner518
6/5/2011, 08:35 AM
i love this aggy's logic for why their WR's are the best in the conference, as if simply listing their top 8 WRs means ANYTHING. The only guys on that list Ive heard of are Blackmon and Anyiam.

Not sure how Ubben thinks OSU doesn't have much depth at receiver.

Blackmon
Cooper
Harrison
Anderson
Anyiam
Moore (Ubben wasn't at the spring game, apparently)
Chelf

Flagstaffsooner
6/5/2011, 09:49 AM
You couldn't just post the ESPN link?!? I just hate looking at the stupid orangepower website... :mad:Was a long walk around the park.;)