PDA

View Full Version : THE Cbus Today

CBUS_SOONER
5/31/2011, 05:02 PM
At work today many people were mad or they acted like somebody had died... Most Cowards that wanna talk sh!t to me when OU loses were MIA (typical). Most people I talked to blame T Pryor for all the problems while a lot of others said (my favorite) everyone does it... Most people i work with and from what I headr on the radio, people think Tre$$ is a really good guy and was just looking out for his players. About 5% said Tressel should have been fired. Anyway BOOMER

CBUS_SOONER
5/31/2011, 05:03 PM
Oh and I have had one hell of a great day. in case you were wondering

Blue
5/31/2011, 05:04 PM
I lived in Columbus. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of folks. That was sarcasm btw. :D

texaspokieokie
5/31/2011, 05:22 PM

sounds like fun !!!!!

badger
5/31/2011, 05:31 PM
CBUS today:
http://jaanaeubanks.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/smiling-dog-2.jpg
http://media.idahostatesman.com/smedia/2010/11/27/01/1127spbsunv35.embedded.prod_affiliate.36.JPG
http://images.pictureshunt.com/pics/p/popping_champaign-3029.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/16kwgt0.png
http://fineartamerica.com/images-medium/rooster-strut-derrick-higgins.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_YTnWwtgfB78/TKGnWYhFVGI/AAAAAAAAEsg/SB1x34ebO5I/s400/Obama-Smirk.jpg
http://www.visualphotos.com/photo/2x2733984/boy_making_taunting_face_cb102372.jpg

And you enjoy EVERY minute of this :)

CBUS_SOONER
5/31/2011, 06:10 PM
Thanks badger!!! That was good... Would have been great without the Obama pic

Sooner_Tuf
5/31/2011, 06:11 PM

Glad to hear it. Gotta be a rough time for them wondering where all of this is going. Looks like they are going to have a good long time to find out.

Only been to Columbus once. Seemed like it would be a nice place if different people lived there.

CBUS_SOONER
5/31/2011, 06:18 PM
Glad to hear it. Gotta be a rough time for them wondering where all of this is going. Looks like they are going to have a good long time to find out.

Only been to Columbus once. Seemed like it would be a nice place if different people lived there.

Amen!!! It is a great place to live minus the buckeye fans. The following are some classics I have heard while wearing sooner gear in Cbus

They cant get enough humble pie. I hope they all jump

badger
6/1/2011, 10:36 AM
So... day two after the buckeye bombshell. Are the police under control yet, or are they still rioting?
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jgyugzLdbng/RtYFo99OQBI/AAAAAAAAApk/zh8p4qe4SE0/s400/OSU+Pepperspray+txt.jpg

Have the cars and couches stopped burning? Are the windows done breaking?
http://assets.bigthink.com/images/age_of_engagement/Riots.jpg

meoveryouxinfinity
6/1/2011, 11:00 AM
Tressel should have been looking out for his university not his players.

Not to mention that a TRUE "father figure" would have punished the players harshly. Show them that they can't get through life by cheating. Maybe a severe punishment (even getting thrown out of Ohio State) wouldn't be best for Pryor et al's football career, it would certainly be best for their real lives.

"looking out for his players" my ***. He was looking out for his precious wins and losses.

badger
6/1/2011, 11:27 AM
All hail the Badgers (big B!) not the badger (little b) for derailing their title run. I guarantee you that's why Jimmy wasn't taking a more proactive stance on this. tOSU had a chance to go undefeated and go BCS'ing and he wasn't going to do anything to stop it.

Wisky to the rescue. :D

SunnySooner
6/1/2011, 02:56 PM
This is about the 945th time I've read or heard people say how nasty the residents of Columbus, Ohio are. What's the deal? Are they just rude or downright mean? Is it a cultural thing, bad manners, or what? Seems weird that one city should have such a high percentage of buttheads amongst its populace. Anybody know why?

I know a guy from Columbus, he's really nice. However, he does describe his mom (who he's not close to) as "Carla from Cheers--exactly". So, that's the image I have--is that right?

badger
6/1/2011, 02:59 PM
Ohio was one of only two states to lose multiple Congressional seats in the most recent Census. I guess people just couldn't stand those mean Columbusians anymore and had to leave for Florida or Texas :D

texaspokieokie
6/1/2011, 03:07 PM
lots of em lost their jobs.

OUTrumpet
6/1/2011, 05:31 PM
This is about the 945th time I've read or heard people say how nasty the residents of Columbus, Ohio are. What's the deal? Are they just rude or downright mean? Is it a cultural thing, bad manners, or what? Seems weird that one city should have such a high percentage of buttheads amongst its populace. Anybody know why?

I know a guy from Columbus, he's really nice. However, he does describe his mom (who he's not close to) as "Carla from Cheers--exactly". So, that's the image I have--is that right?

Ohio State fans are a combo of your stereotypical L.A. Raiders fan and soccer hooligans. If they win a big game, they riot afterwards and burn stuff. If they lose a big game, they riot afterwards and burn stuff. It's just their 'tradition' to have a 'bonfire' after they win. They have 100k people in a small area and are very liquored up.

It's like Toomer's corner, just with gasoline and matches instead of toilet paper.

CBUS_SOONER
6/1/2011, 08:19 PM
Well where shall I start... I grew up in ohio and moved to Cbus ten yrs ago and actually would root for the Suckeyes because all my friends were fans and since I gre up in Ohio, what the hell... After living in Cbus for about two years I had enough and hated everything about THE especially the fans. Here a a few reasons why...
1. Been to several BW3's to enjoy OU games and have been taunted, had food thrown at me and my family, etc... I never cheered or did anything to provoke the scum. twice I was with my 2 and 3 year olds...
Also been at BW3's when Wisconsin beat THE and THE fans wanted to fight all 5 Wisky fans in the bar.
2. Seen tires slashed, windows broke, cars vandalized because they had out of state plates.
3. Batteries thrown at fans.
4. Bags of **** thrown at fans...
5. Beers dumped on fans.

etc.................................

CBUS_SOONER
6/1/2011, 08:23 PM
Basically you can only root for THE in Cbus... I would say 90% of the time I wear OU gear some says something... Its like they are jealous of OU... Also they all hate Stoops because he turned down the job. F em all!!! I hope they r all miserable

SoonerofAlabama
6/1/2011, 08:25 PM
Pretty good posts. Stupid for them to act like that. You stay just because of your family?

CBUS_SOONER
6/1/2011, 08:34 PM
Yup because of family... My second yr down here after THE beat MEEECHIGAN to play da U for the ship, i was tailgating and celebtating with about ten friends who were Suckeye fans( at this time I didn't mind THE)...I had a OU shirt on and twice several people (with beer muscles) starting pushing me trying to start a fight... That was the last straw. My friends kept saying "he like THE also!" and they still wanted to fight because, well my shirt was a lot fuking cooler.

CBUS_SOONER
6/1/2011, 08:35 PM
BTW, today at work talking to four coworkers...They all said Tre$$ was a great guy... I argued but it was like talking to the wall... Everyone is starting to blame TP. Tre$$ still cant do anything wrong

SoonerStormchaser
6/1/2011, 08:39 PM
**** Ohio State! Seriously...

Their fans are WORSE than Texas...close to LSU.

Sooner_Tuf
6/1/2011, 08:42 PM
Well where shall I start... I grew up in ohio and moved to Cbus ten yrs ago and actually would root for the Suckeyes because all my friends were fans and since I gre up in Ohio, what the hell... After living in Cbus for about two years I had enough and hated everything about THE especially the fans. Here a a few reasons why...
1. Been to several BW3's to enjoy OU games and have been taunted, had food thrown at me and my family, etc... I never cheered or did anything to provoke the scum. twice I was with my 2 and 3 year olds...
Also been at BW3's when Wisconsin beat THE and THE fans wanted to fight all 5 Wisky fans in the bar.
2. Seen tires slashed, windows broke, cars vandalized because they had out of state plates.
3. Batteries thrown at fans.
4. Bags of **** thrown at fans...
5. Beers dumped on fans.

etc.................................

Sounds like you need a fire extinguisher full of pepper spray as a center piece on your table this season.

I haven't ever seen Sooner Fans act that way but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I don't think the other Sooners there would tolerate very much of it.

*There was the sack ripping incident in OKC. Fortunately David Prater didn't file 1st degree murder charges and the Preacher is free today.

CBUS_SOONER
6/1/2011, 08:42 PM
**** Ohio State! Seriously...

Their fans are WORSE than Texas...close to LSU.

WORD!!! I would argue that they are worse than LSU but haven't gathered enuff data to make fair assessment

CBUS_SOONER
6/1/2011, 08:47 PM
I did meet Brady Hoke when he was the head coach at Ball St. This is how part of the conversation went...
ME- Hey coach how you doing? My name is CBUS SOONER from Columbus Ohio.
Hoke- Nice to meet you... You r from cbus???? you like it there???
ME-its ok
Hoke- Man they pack a lot of truck drivers in the stadium on Saturdays

True story minus my name.

He is why (and tress) MEECHIGAN is gonna start to kick the sh!t out of THE... Book it

brainpimp
6/1/2011, 09:01 PM
WORD!!! I would argue that they are worse than LSU but haven't gathered enuff data to make fair assessment

AS a 10 year resident just outside baton rouge i can promise you they aren't as bad as LSU fans.

CBUS_SOONER
6/1/2011, 09:03 PM
AS a 10 year resident just outside baton rouge i can promise you they aren't as bad as LSU fans.

you got time for some stories?

CBUS_SOONER
6/1/2011, 09:06 PM
Sounds like you need a fire extinguisher full of pepper spray as a center piece on your table this season.

I haven't ever seen Sooner Fans act that way but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I don't think the other Sooners there would tolerate very much of it.

*There was the sack ripping incident in OKC. Fortunately David Prater didn't file 1st degree murder charges and the Preacher is free today.

I remember the Wisky fans getting abused at BW3's. First of all, the Wisky fans werent bad at all. When the game was over and it was getting ugly, there wasn't on buckeye fan telling they thugs to leave them alone. Thank God the cops showed up quick

SoonerofAlabama
6/1/2011, 09:11 PM
When I watched the Ohio State-Wisconsin game, after it was over I remember seeing a Buckeye fan flicking a big middle finger to the camera. But I also remember the OU-Mizzou game from this year, and right before the kickoff a fan screamed "f**k OU!" before they could bleep it. And then I also remember seeing the OSU fan flick his two middle fingers at the camera when we played them. Nothing from OU that I have seen.

CBUS_SOONER
6/1/2011, 09:17 PM
Went to the OU vs BGSU game in 2004. My brother wore his BGSU alum shirt and everyhting went perfect. Went to the Marshall@THE game in 2005 with a friend( who was a hot girl). She was a lifelong buckeye fan, but went to Mashall to play soccer... She wore her marshall shirt and hear it all day long. Some poured beer on her also. I felt bad for her after the game... so I hit it

SoonerofAlabama
6/1/2011, 09:22 PM
Women or men poured beer on her?

CBUS_SOONER
6/1/2011, 09:23 PM
woman with her tool man laughing

Scott D
6/1/2011, 09:27 PM
to add on to what cbus said, it's always a crapshoot when I have a gig in Ohio as to whether or not there may be some vandalism to my car simply because it has Michigan plates.

That phenomenon is more likely to happen either toward the central and southern parts of the state, or in the general vicinity of Cleveland....I'm relatively safe in the Toledo area.

SoonerofAlabama
6/1/2011, 09:34 PM
Worst experience with Buckeye fans?

SoonerMom2
6/1/2011, 09:50 PM
Grew up in Ohio as well and everytime I have gone back several family members have been a royal pain in the neck about OSU. Was just reading the comments at the Columbus Dispatch and some idiot brought up Barry Switzer and the problems in the late 80's like it was happening today. Didn't take long for someone to take him out on that and other issues when he was defending the President and AD.

Everytime I have been back in Ohio, I am reminded how fortunate we are to live in Norman, OK, and the kids had the opportunity to graduate from OU. The class in this state and at football games is far superior to Ohio and Ohio State. When we won the National Championship, the cars driving honked horns. When OSU wins anything, they burn cars, couches and riot. That's the difference between class and no class.

Couldn't wait to leave Ohio and when we were transferred back couldn't wait to leave again to go to Kelly AFB, TX, and then here to Tinker AFB. We have lived on both coasts including New England (UGH), but there is no place that can compare to OU, games at Owen Field, and the friendliest people in the Country who live in Oklahoma. Best place in America to live is Norman IMHO.

ouwasp
6/1/2011, 10:12 PM
I had no idea the buckeye fans were that bad; I mean, I've been educated a bit on Soonerfans.

I've driven through Ohio a couple times. The natives seemed tame. Dated a girl from Columbus back in the 80s. She was nice.

But to learn they are vagabonds makes Tresselgate entertaining. :)

If only it weren't on College Football Live ad nauseum. :mad:

SoonerStormchaser
6/1/2011, 10:30 PM
Here's the Buckeye fan mentality for you:
John Cooper...their head coach for a long time til 2001...
He was a class act of a coach...had nary a blemish on his record as far as the NCAA was concerned. But they wanted his *** fired every single season...didn't matter that they went 11-1...that one loss was to Michigan...didn't matter they finished #2 in the country and won the Rose/Sugar Bowl...not good enough! They riot when the win a big game...they riot when they lose a big game. They turn High Street and Lane Avenue into their version of Height/Ashbury at times with all the stupid hippie-dom pre and post-game.

At least they don't **** on fans from Bourbon Street after a MNC game...thus they aren't as bad as LSU fans.

Whet
6/2/2011, 12:03 AM
Hey CBUS - what is the name of the German place near downtown, with the cream puffs?

badger
6/2/2011, 09:43 AM
Sooo... day three after epic meltdown at the core, CBUS. I see you are really encouraging their stage of denial up there:

http://media.cleveland.com/osu_impact/photo/9651671-large.jpg

Seriously, encourage insanity. Tell them that the Big Ten isn't composed of fat linemen and fat running backs with boring running game low-scoring affairs. Tell them that playing in-state schools as non-conference opponents is just as good as playing non-conference BCS opponents. Tell them that you completely understand that winning is everything, which is why shares of the Big Ten and losing Rose Bowls repeatedly totally sucks :D

meoveryouxinfinity
6/2/2011, 10:10 AM
LSU is way worse because they are just as bad but they are drunker, a little bit heat stricken (whats the correct tense of heat stroke??), and they have annoying southern/cajun accents.

Bourbon St Sooner
6/2/2011, 12:34 PM
At least they don't **** on fans from Bourbon Street after a MNC game...thus they aren't as bad as LSU fans.

Hey, I've nevar pissed on anybody (that didn't want to be pissed on):P

CBUS_SOONER
6/2/2011, 05:49 PM
Hey CBUS - what is the name of the German place near downtown, with the cream puffs?

I believe german village

CBUS_SOONER
6/2/2011, 05:51 PM
Sooo... day three after epic meltdown at the core, CBUS. I see you are really encouraging their stage of denial up there:

http://media.cleveland.com/osu_impact/photo/9651671-large.jpg

Seriously, encourage insanity. Tell them that the Big Ten isn't composed of fat linemen and fat running backs with boring running game low-scoring affairs. Tell them that playing in-state schools as non-conference opponents is just as good as playing non-conference BCS opponents. Tell them that you completely understand that winning is everything, which is why shares of the Big Ten and losing Rose Bowls repeatedly totally sucks :D

I have said everything and its like talking to the wall... I have been telling em all to fuking jump

badger
6/3/2011, 10:29 AM
OK, so your week is wrappin' up CBUS. here's where you bring out your biggest troll face in the world and tell them all of the benefits of not having a top football program:

First, the troll face:
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/011/4/5/troll_face_says_the_game__by_james_mizuhara-d36zguw.png
"Ticket prices were getting too high anyway. Now you'll be able to scalp all tickets you want at any price you want!"

"Traffic was always so crappy after that 100k stadium sold out. It'll be so much easier to leave if it's only half-full... and even easier if we're down by 50!"

"I just got 10 sweater vests at a 90 percent off sale! I can't wait to wear this in July when the weather's only slightly cold!"

"I put my name on the season ticket waiting list yesterday. No, there's no waiting list for paying customers. It's the waiting list for when tickets are free. They told me to give it a few months."

And then, go in for the kill with the awesome face:
http://driph.com/words/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/e.gif

"Oh wait, I'm a Sooner fan. Bucks to be you, Suckeye!"

And then, wait for them to:
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110217001626/callofduty/images/d/d9/FUUUU.jpg

:D

ouwasp
6/3/2011, 07:10 PM
that's gold, badger, gold! :D

CBUS, tell us this... I've been wanting to see some interviews, the man-on-the-street kind of tragic-comedic buck fans leaving a bar. Have you seen such? Or are they still in denial as pictured in the "Tressel till I Die" photo?

CBUS_SOONER
6/3/2011, 08:27 PM
that's gold, badger, gold! :D

CBUS, tell us this... I've been wanting to see some interviews, the man-on-the-street kind of tragic-comedic buck fans leaving a bar. Have you seen such? Or are they still in denial as pictured in the "Tressel till I Die" photo?

Denial. Tressel is a good guy