PDA

View Full Version : I finally watched "The Fighter"

BOOMERBRADLEY
5/30/2011, 07:25 PM
It wasn't as good as I was hoping it would be. I remember reading that the OU team watched it before some game so I was assuming it was some "Rudy" type of movie where the inspiration jumps out at you and makes you want to run through a brick wall. But that never happened. The movie wasn't surprising in the least bit and I found myself bored for the most part. So basically here's what I got out of the movie

1. I'm glad I wasn't born in the Northeast
2. Christian Bale plays a pretty good crack head
3. There is something strangely attractive about Amy Adams
4. Did I mention I'm glad I'm not from the Northeast?

soonervegas
5/30/2011, 07:29 PM
Strangely attractive?

She's a hot redhead - nothing strange about it. :)

Sooner_Tuf
5/30/2011, 07:36 PM
I have been putting off seeing it. I think I will keep putting it off.

mgsooner
5/30/2011, 08:22 PM
I am a hardcore boxing fan, and I really liked it. They did take some liberties with the Mickey Ward story but they didn't take TOO many, which for me was a good thing. If they would've just turned it into a Rocky remake it would've sucked.

Edit: I was a bit surprised and somewhat disappointed that they didn't work the Mickey Ward-Arturo Gatti fights into the movie, a trilogy which is considered to be one of the greatest ever.

StoopTroup
5/30/2011, 08:38 PM
I liked it. I like Marky Mark

Romulus
5/30/2011, 08:51 PM
^^^^^
I hate to admit it. But those are my actual thoughts verbatim.

AlboSooner
5/30/2011, 09:36 PM
Bale did a great job. Walberg was his usual self. not bad, but not great either.

swardboy
5/31/2011, 06:46 AM
So what would be a great pre-game film for the team to fire up on?

I vote "300".

mgsooner
5/31/2011, 08:34 AM
Problem Child 3: Junior In Love

soonerinabilene
5/31/2011, 09:23 AM
Bale's performance was incredible,.maybe the second best supporting performance ive seen behind val kilmer in tombstone.