PDA

View Full Version : THEO$U SI article

CBUS_SOONER
5/30/2011, 06:10 PM
Speculation is that the article will drop another bomb... I heard rumblings about players and apartment complex... As soon as someone reads the article please share. THANKS
BTW I talked with a buddy yeserday who plays for THE and he told me that T Pryor gets cash in the mail every week from boosters. I think the NCAA will find out more stuff on TP.
Thanks

CBUS_SOONER
5/30/2011, 06:15 PM
also my gut tells me TP may not play at all next yr

ouwasp
5/30/2011, 06:17 PM
heh... as much as the Sooner fans are enjoying this, can you imagine what the maize & blue crowd is feeling? Probably approaching orgasm...

Osama Bin Laden
5/30/2011, 06:21 PM
heh... as much as the Sooner fans are enjoying this, can you imagine what the maize & blue crowd is feeling? Probably approaching their 5th or 6th orgasm...

I have fixed it for you.

SoonerNate
5/30/2011, 06:30 PM
TP is about to be dismissed.

sooner518
5/30/2011, 06:32 PM
According to Dohrmann's twitter, the article should be posted between 7:30 and 8 ET tonight. So basically in the next 30 minutes.... Can't wait.

Osama Bin Laden
5/30/2011, 06:47 PM
Sounds like Tressel may have just saved Ohio State from being blown to smithereens.

Soonerman82
5/30/2011, 06:51 PM
Anybody know a good Michigan board? I wanna see what they are saying.

SoonerofAlabama
5/30/2011, 07:07 PM
Sounds like Tressel may have just saved Ohio State from being blown to smithereens.

Still think the NCAA will go pretty harsh on them with this one.

colinreturn
5/30/2011, 07:11 PM
waits patiently with evil grin

sooner518
5/30/2011, 07:13 PM
According to Dohrmann's twitter, the article should be posted between 7:30 and 8 ET tonight. So basically in the next 30 minutes.... Can't wait.

Or not. Hurry up SI. I'm about to go to a cookout!

SoonerDan74012
5/30/2011, 07:16 PM
Speculation is that the article will drop another bomb... I heard rumblings about players and apartment complex... As soon as someone reads the article please share. THANKS
BTW I talked with a buddy yeserday who plays for THE and he told me that T Pryor gets cash in the mail every week from boosters. I think the NCAA will find out more stuff on TP.
Thanks

If you know something then you need to give the NCAA a call and tell them which player told you that. That is a major, major, major violation!!!

MichiganSooner
5/30/2011, 07:22 PM
heh... as much as the Sooner fans are enjoying this, can you imagine what the maize & blue crowd is feeling? Probably approaching orgasm...

Go to freep.com, the Detroit Free Press. It is the main headline story.

CBUS_SOONER
5/30/2011, 07:47 PM
any link??????? Gosh I cant wait. I heard its gonna be legen.....wait for it........dary

birddog
5/30/2011, 07:51 PM
i'm here in MI and it's the equivalent of Stoops leaving. buckeyes are back on crappy level ground with the buckeyes. gonna be bugeaters n msu goin at it for a few years. wisconsin will have a thing er two to say about it tho.

slarthbabyugh
5/30/2011, 08:04 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/magazine/05/30/jim.tressel/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t11_a2
The story is up, haven't gotten through it yet.

OK2U
5/30/2011, 08:18 PM
That support crumbled suddenly over Memorial Day weekend. Tressel was forced out three days after Sports Illustrated alerted Ohio State officials that the wrongdoing by Tressel's players was far more widespread than had been reported. SI learned that the memorabilia-for-tattoos violations actually stretched back to 2002, Tressel's second season at Ohio State, and involved at least 28 players -- 22 more than the university has acknowledged. Those numbers include, beyond the six suspended players, an additional nine current players as well as nine former players whose alleged wrongdoing might fall within the NCAA's four-year statute of limitations on violations.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/magazine/05/30/jim.tressel/index.html#ixzz1Nt9gfW4q
f

CBUS_SOONER
5/30/2011, 08:27 PM
I'm a little upset there wasn't more.

usaosooner
5/30/2011, 08:33 PM
Myths: Santa Claus, The Tooth Fairy The Easter Bunny, Man Friendly Lesbians & Jim Tressel's integrity

prrriiide
5/30/2011, 08:34 PM
I think there's definitely enough there for a LOIC sanction. But tOSU might just squeak by with less than USC because they de-vested, and don't seem to have impeded any investigation as an institution. The tOSU train has certainly derailed. Gordon Gee has some tall talkin' to do to keep tOSU from getting hammered like a loose shingle.

SoonerNate
5/30/2011, 08:34 PM
Rigging raffles. LMFAO

CBUS_SOONER
5/30/2011, 08:40 PM
Ithink they get it worse than SUC

SoonerofAlabama
5/30/2011, 08:47 PM
Now I know why that article took so long. He has always beena shady guy apparently.

Whet
5/30/2011, 08:49 PM
Amazing people knew about Tressel for years.

Chuck Bao
5/30/2011, 09:07 PM
The creepiness of it all is...well... just shocking. Association of student athletes with thugs and criminals is more than a bit scary. And, the man responsible for the football program claims he didn't know or didn't do anything about it, while he cultivates his Christian image and writes books about integrity? I don't really care that much about NCAA sanctions. If I were a parent of a student athlete, I would have very serious reservations about sending my children there.

colinreturn
5/30/2011, 09:12 PM
Man, I always put him close to Stoops on the whole "good guys in college football" thing. Crazy.

SoonerStormchaser
5/30/2011, 09:18 PM
Seriously, if he doesn't get a "show cause" thrown at him and tO$U doesn't get smacked as hard (hopefully harder) than U$C on this, then I will advocate the overthrow of the NCAA til I am blue in the face.
If there is any team that deserves the death penalty, it's these asshats!

budbarrybob
5/30/2011, 09:27 PM
If there is any team that deserves the death penalty, it's these asshats!

I seriously doubt that any program will ever get the DP. Especially tOSU.

NorCal Sooner
5/30/2011, 09:34 PM
I seriously doubt that any program will ever get the DP. Especially tOSU.

Lack of institutional control is what they will get smacked with.

lexsooner
5/30/2011, 09:34 PM
Reading and waving around the Bible and then lying and cheating conjures up images of the crooked Warden in The Shawshank Redemption. Come to think of it, Tressel kind of looks like that guy.

sooner518
5/30/2011, 09:51 PM
That's it?

SoonerMom2
5/30/2011, 10:27 PM
Still think the NCAA will go pretty harsh on them with this one.

Looks like they finally zeroed in on Tressel at Youngstown State and when he was on Earle Bruce's staff -- the man according to the article is totally unethical and will do anything to win games.

They are going to really throw the book as more is coming out. Bet it takes out the President and AD since the compliance office is also involved. One big corrupt football program. May be the worst I have seen. Tressel took breaking the rules to a new low level. He is a total scumbag.

After reading the articles out of the Columbus Dispatch and others, Herbstredt and his blow it off demeanor looks like an idiot along with the rest of the OSU crowd that kept defending Tressel. He has been cheating for a long time and it finally caught up with him. This is getting worse and worse. Beginning to make USC look like small potatoes.

LostCreekSooner
5/30/2011, 10:39 PM
That's it?

Agree. Same thing that happens at every college.

SOONER STEAKER
5/30/2011, 10:43 PM
Recruit suburban white kids to avoid tottoo violations.

SoonerBread
5/30/2011, 11:01 PM
After reading the articles out of the Columbus Dispatch and others, Herbstredt and his blow it off demeanor looks like an idiot along with the rest of the OSU crowd that kept defending Tressel. He has been cheating for a long time and it finally caught up with him. This is getting worse and worse. Beginning to make USC look like small potatoes.

Not exactly... (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/26/kirk-herbstreit-on-jim-tr_n_853846.html)

Kirk Herbstreit has called for Tressel to be fired once he began speaking on the subject.

Another example. (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/04/ohio-state-jim-tressel-chris-spielman-kirk-herbstreit/1)

Maybe this is why you thought he was defending Tressel? But not really. (http://www.sportsgrid.com/ncaa-football/kirk-herbstreit-jim-tressel-ncaa-lying/)

TheHumanAlphabet
5/31/2011, 06:37 AM
Man, I always put him close to Stoops on the whole "good guys in college football" thing. Crazy.

Makes you thankful we have Stoops.

sappstuf
5/31/2011, 07:09 AM
Reading and waving around the Bible and then lying and cheating conjures up images of the crooked Warden in The Shawshank Redemption. Come to think of it, Tressel kind of looks like that guy.

How can you be so obtuse? Is it deliberate?

http://cdn.mos.totalfilm.com/images/w/warden-samuel-norton-630-75.jpg