PDA

View Full Version : ONEOK or Williams?

Memtig14
5/29/2011, 10:15 PM
If you had the chance.....

Would you rather work for ONEOK or Williams in Tulsa?

Stability and retirement is important.

Anyone have any informed opinions?

MsProudSooner2
5/29/2011, 10:20 PM
If you had the chance.....

Would you rather work for ONEOK or Williams in Tulsa?

Stability and retirement is important.

Anyone have any informed opinions?

I don't know anything about either company, but my first guess would be that ONEOK is a little more stable than Williams. I have a friend whose wife used to work for ONEOK and she liked it. She no longer works there, though. I think her part of the company was sold. I do remember that she liked working there.

Mjcpr
5/29/2011, 10:20 PM
My uninformed opinion would be oneok. They are in much better position now, but at one time Williams went through some financial difficulties that included layoffs. I don't recall ever hearing that about oneok.

oumartin
5/29/2011, 11:21 PM
Just look at the stock.

Oneok is a great company IMO

Okla-homey
5/30/2011, 06:31 AM
ONEOK. Unquestionably.

Memtig14
5/30/2011, 10:03 AM
ONEOK. Unquestionably.

Why?

ONEOK seems to have lower pay across the board and not as big bonuses.

Is Williams still having problems of stability?

oumartin
5/30/2011, 02:04 PM
how in the world would you know what oneok pays and what their bonuses are?

Oneoks pay is market based and thats a fact.

BajaOklahoma
5/30/2011, 02:17 PM
Another thing to consider is that very few people stay with the same company thoughout their career. I think the average is 5 different employers throughout a career - but that article was several years ago.

oumartin
5/30/2011, 02:19 PM
Oneok went market based on their pay a little over a year ago...

Memtig14
5/30/2011, 02:38 PM
Oneok went market based on their pay a little over a year ago...

Market based doesn't do you any good if the different groups don't pay any attention to it or if the HR dept uses bad data.

In the group I am looking at Oneok is paying about 15% less across the board.

Memtig14
5/30/2011, 02:39 PM
how in the world would you know what oneok pays and what their bonuses are?

Oneoks pay is market based and thats a fact.

I know people in both companies.

oumartin
5/30/2011, 02:45 PM
they get new data each year. If they dont' get the data it's the fault of an immediate supervisor.

Oneok is a fantastic company so my advice to you is go to Williams.

Memtig14
5/30/2011, 02:55 PM

:) Wow

Memtig14
5/30/2011, 02:57 PM
they get new data each year. If they dont' get the data it's the fault of an immediate supervisor.

A little touchy?

I don't doubt ONEOK is a good company.....

I am just quoting information from people that work in both companies.

Sorry the truth bothers you so much.

Memtig14
5/30/2011, 02:59 PM

I am guessing you are in HR?

oumartin
5/30/2011, 03:18 PM
No, it's not bothering me. I've seen people leave oneok for "better paying" jobs and I've seen those people get worked to death and seen people also come back.

It's not all about the dollar per hour or your salary. You have to include your benefits, your stock options and many other factors. Overtime etc.

I do not work in HR but Oneok has been very good to me and those around me. The only way I see me leaving is if I moved out of state.

I've seen people in Oneok that make a base salary of 50k pull down over 100k in a year. It's not the norm but it has happened. Heck I make on average of at least 25k over my base pay each year.

Sooner_Tuf
5/30/2011, 03:48 PM
Between the two I would chose ONEOK. But there are so many variables, I could see either choice being a good one depending on the individual.

I will say one thing if you want to throw bait out and then play devil's advocate all day long then I feel sorry for whoever hires you.

ONEOK is a good company. But you better be prepared to work under their proven system because they won't care about yours. I don't know that Williams is as regimented.

Memtig14
5/30/2011, 11:54 PM
No, it's not bothering me. I've seen people leave oneok for "better paying" jobs and I've seen those people get worked to death and seen people also come back.
Well.......
"Oneok is a fantastic company so my advice to you is go to Williams."
...that sure looks like something bothered you.
But people leaving and coming back happens in a lot of places. I have never said ONEOK wasn't a good place, but I know plenty of people at ONEOK that think they are worked "to death" too.

It's not all about the dollar per hour or your salary. You have to include your benefits, your stock options and many other factors. Overtime etc.
I agree. But Williams has excellent benefits too, as do a lot of companies. I think ONEOK offers stability and perhaps a more certain future...certainly nothing to sneeze at.

I do not work in HR but Oneok has been very good to me and those around me. The only way I see me leaving is if I moved out of state.
Great, that is why I was asking questions.

I've seen people in Oneok that make a base salary of 50k pull down over 100k in a year. It's not the norm but it has happened. Heck I make on average of at least 25k over my base pay each year.

The only way to be able to get close to go from $50K to $100K a year would almost have to be field hands doing a LOT of OT with a lot of call outs (plus benefits of course).

But to compare two companies you would have to leave out the OT, because that would be almost comparable between the two. Except of course the company with the highest base pay would also pay more for the overtime.

Then it comes to benefits. Both companies are excellent. Anyone would be lucky to be at either one. I think Williams gives bigger bonuses but I am not sure if they offer a stock option plan like ONEOK. Other than those things I think they are pretty even.

I understand Market Based Pay and know a lot of people that have had experience with it at Koch. It can be a real two edged sword and HR has to be able to apply it....which from what I have heard doesn't always work well.

Don't take it so personally. I think most people would love to work at either company and many people are happy to have spent their careers there. Neither company is perfect and it doesn't hurt to ask questions. I think if you look at my posts the bigger question (doubt) I have is about Williams not ONEOK.

Memtig14
5/31/2011, 12:06 AM
Between the two I would chose ONEOK. But there are so many variables, I could see either choice being a good one depending on the individual.

I agree

I will say one thing if you want to throw bait out and then play devil's advocate all day long then I feel sorry for whoever hires you.

I have no idea where that comes from. Unless it is when I asked why they "unquestionably" recomended ONEOK. That is a heck of a recomendation and came with no details. I was curious as to why they said "unquestionably".

I have hired and fired people in this industry for a lot of years and I have never not hired or fired someone for asking a lot of questions about the company. I expect it.

And we play a lot of devil's advocate in engineering. I am very good at what I do.

ONEOK is a good company. But you better be prepared to work under their proven system because they won't care about yours. I don't know that Williams is as regimented.

I don't think they are that different in what I do. But I do think Williams is a little more laid back.

Seems to be a lot of thin skins about ONEOK. Geesh

Like I said ...... I think they are both great places to be.

SoonerBread
5/31/2011, 12:13 AM
And we play a lot of devil's advocate in engineering.

I made the assumption you were either an engineer or worked in an engineering capacity. Looks like I was right.

NTTAWWT

Memtig14
5/31/2011, 12:39 AM
I made the assumption you were either an engineer or worked in an engineering capacity. Looks like I was right.

NTTAWWT

Not everyone would agree with that! ;)

Memtig14
5/31/2011, 12:58 AM
The "NTTAWWT" part that is.

XFollower
5/31/2011, 08:04 AM
Been at Williams for 10 years, and I consider it a great place to work.

OutlandTrophy
5/31/2011, 08:11 AM
Memtig14, don't take this the wrong way but you seem to know everything about each company so why the need to ask the questions here?

texaspokieokie
5/31/2011, 08:12 AM
Just look at the stock.

Oneok is a great company IMO

what does that tell you ?

oumartin
5/31/2011, 09:54 AM
and engineers wonder why every person with a lick of common sense in the field wants to choke them out.

Sooner_Tuf
5/31/2011, 10:05 AM
And we play a lot of devil's advocate in engineering. I am very good at what I do.

There is a time and a place to do so. When it ends it is time to get to work and accomplish the goals decided upon.

Well you shouldn't have a problem finding a job. In fact I'm surprised you are without one currently.

Memtig14
5/31/2011, 08:57 PM
Well you shouldn't have a problem finding a job. In fact I'm surprised you are without one currently.

I am not "without a job".

They are recruiting me.

Memtig14
5/31/2011, 09:03 PM
Memtig14, don't take this the wrong way but you seem to know everything about each company so why the need to ask the questions here?

Technically I know quite a bit. And I have friends that tell me to come there (at both places).

But sometimes people here actually have interesting input. I was just asking if someone had any opinions on things I hadn't thought of or if they had "personal" feelings or opinions.

You know.....just always searching for any information I can get.

Oddly (or stupid) as it may sound, the parking garage at ONEOK sounds wonderful. Covered parking and a tunnel for free where at Williams you either have to pay or "find" whatever you can and walk blocks in the rain.

Memtig14
5/31/2011, 11:48 PM
Been at Williams for 10 years, and I consider it a great place to work.

Do you find the parking issue downtown to be annoyance? Or do you not work downtown?

OutlandTrophy
6/1/2011, 05:41 AM
ah, so they each handed you a flyer at a college job fair? good luck.

XFollower
6/1/2011, 07:40 AM
Do you find the parking issue downtown to be annoyance? Or do you not work downtown?

No not really. I've been parking in the same lot for 6-8 years. I walk less than a block and I think I pay like $35 a month and the company pays $15-20. You get used to it.

Mjcpr
6/1/2011, 08:26 AM
Technically I know quite a bit. And I have friends that tell me to come there (at both places).

But sometimes people here actually have interesting input. I was just asking if someone had any opinions on things I hadn't thought of or if they had "personal" feelings or opinions.

You know.....just always searching for any information I can get.

Oddly (or stupid) as it may sound, the parking garage at ONEOK sounds wonderful. Covered parking and a tunnel for free where at Williams you either have to pay or "find" whatever you can and walk blocks in the rain.

There is a covered parking structure across 1st St from Williams which is undergoing an expansion as we speak. When completed, it will have a new sky bridge attaching the parking garage to the Williams Tower complex. You'll be dry.

Muno
6/1/2011, 08:31 AM
So have you interviewed at both companies? Do you have offers in hand? It doesn't sound like you have so my advice to you is to set up interviews at both companies and see if you get offers. Going and meeting people at the interviews especially your supervisor and co-workers will help with the decision.

It sounds like you want to work at ONEOK but the potential pay differential is troubling you. If the pay differential is a deciding factor, I'd get offers from both companies and then tell ONEOK you have a competing offer and they need to be more competitive for you to come work for them. If they tell you they can't match or come close enough to make you comfortable, go work for Williams.

Ultimately it depends on your priorities and you need to decide if the money is more important than things like stability, opportunity for advancement, parking garages, etc. Personally a parking garage would never factor into my decision making for a job. There are just many more important variables to consider in a job search.

oumartin
6/1/2011, 11:07 AM
I hope this guy doesn't oversee any projects that may involve me or people I know.. He'll never last. Our area manager will eat this guys lunch.

Sooner_Tuf
6/1/2011, 11:32 AM
I am not "without a job".

They are recruiting me.

From what you have shown us I would say if your current employer is happy with you just stay there.

I don't know about Williams but you will never make it at ONEOK with your attitude. If I could ask a favor, please stay east of I-35 if you don't mind ;)

StoopTroup
6/1/2011, 11:46 AM
Memtig....if this is your first higher paying job coming out of college and you think you are just gonna nail down a job because they called you for an interview....once they all have interviewed you two or three times....Then you can start to get excited.

If this is your first job hunt....don't be surprised if they call you back because they like you. If you are young and energetic and interviewed well....they might not be ready to offer you the job you applied for...

Be prepared to even take a job at the Mail Room if offered. You can always work your way up the ladder or use the opportunity to have them on your resume and in a year...you might be able to apply for a higher paying job at the one that didn't hire you in a year or two. Remember....References are key.

Memtig14
6/2/2011, 06:53 PM
ah, so they each handed you a flyer at a college job fair? good luck.

Nope......been out of college a long time.

They contacted me because of my special knowledge.

Memtig14
6/2/2011, 06:54 PM
No not really. I've been parking in the same lot for 6-8 years. I walk less than a block and I think I pay like $35 a month and the company pays $15-20. You get used to it.

Thanks, that is the kind of thing I was looking for.

Memtig14
6/2/2011, 06:55 PM
There is a covered parking structure across 1st St from Williams which is undergoing an expansion as we speak. When completed, it will have a new sky bridge attaching the parking garage to the Williams Tower complex. You'll be dry.

I wasn't aware of that. Good to know.

Thank you.

Memtig14
6/2/2011, 06:58 PM
So have you interviewed at both companies? Do you have offers in hand? It doesn't sound like you have so my advice to you is to set up interviews at both companies and see if you get offers. Going and meeting people at the interviews especially your supervisor and co-workers will help with the decision.

It sounds like you want to work at ONEOK but the potential pay differential is troubling you. If the pay differential is a deciding factor, I'd get offers from both companies and then tell ONEOK you have a competing offer and they need to be more competitive for you to come work for them. If they tell you they can't match or come close enough to make you comfortable, go work for Williams.

Ultimately it depends on your priorities and you need to decide if the money is more important than things like stability, opportunity for advancement, parking garages, etc. Personally a parking garage would never factor into my decision making for a job. There are just many more important variables to consider in a job search.

Offer from ONEOK and the VP of Williams that I would report to has asked if I would be interested in coming there.

For whatever reason the parking seems to be a big issue for me. And stability since I don't have that many years to retirement.

Memtig14
6/2/2011, 06:59 PM
I hope this guy doesn't oversee any projects that may involve me or people I know.. He'll never last. Our area manager will eat this guys lunch.

Ronnie?

I know most of those people.

I would oversee a lot of projects. Be nice, I may have great influence with your boss.

Memtig14
6/2/2011, 07:02 PM
From what you have shown us I would say if your current employer is happy with you just stay there.

I don't know about Williams but you will never make it at ONEOK with your attitude. If I could ask a favor, please stay east of I-35 if you don't mind ;)

My "attitude"?

Asking questions? Wow.

Gee, I would be everywhere........

I guess I will know you if you don't ask questions or act curious.

Williams people seem much nicer.

And yes....my current employer loves me.

Memtig14
6/2/2011, 07:08 PM
Memtig....if this is your first higher paying job coming out of college and you think you are just gonna nail down a job because they called you for an interview....once they all have interviewed you two or three times....Then you can start to get excited.

If this is your first job hunt....don't be surprised if they call you back because they like you. If you are young and energetic and interviewed well....they might not be ready to offer you the job you applied for...

Be prepared to even take a job at the Mail Room if offered. You can always work your way up the ladder or use the opportunity to have them on your resume and in a year...you might be able to apply for a higher paying job at the one that didn't hire you in a year or two. Remember....References are key.

I am much closer to retirement than I am to the beginning. This is not a job hunt, they are recruiting me. And this "higher paying job" is not my first. This is more management level.

I agree with your advice for someone out of school, but I am somewhat past that stage.

I hope that this job will take me into retirement.

OutlandTrophy
6/2/2011, 07:12 PM
and parking is your major hang up?

Mongo
6/2/2011, 07:14 PM
I wont work for a company if the office or warehouse **** paper is of low quality

Memtig14
6/2/2011, 07:21 PM
and parking is your major hang up?

Not a "major" hang up. But I haven't been downtown in a long time and some of the people I know that work downtown complain all the time about the walk from their car if the weather is bad. I am just curious about how it is at Williams since ONEOK has their own garage. I would probably pay for parking, no big deal.

The stability at Williams has also been a concern. I am pretty close to the situation but sometimes there is some pretty good information from people on this board and I thought someone might have some good info. (as long as it wouldn't violate any SOX rules.)

I was just trying to ask some questions and have some converstation about both companies. The Williams people seemed very nice and gave me some good information. The ONEOK people....not so much.

Interesting.

Harry Beanbag
6/3/2011, 07:31 AM
I think the moral of the story is you can't be a giant puss if you work for ONEOK. You and your special knowledge should look closer at Williams maybe.

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 11:56 AM
I have heard that ONEOK has lost a lot of really experienced mature people from one of their engineering groups.

Now it seems I know why.

OutlandTrophy
6/3/2011, 11:58 AM
I can assure you that none of their mature people post here.

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 12:01 PM
I can assure you that none of their mature people post here.

Obviously :)

Sooner_Tuf
6/3/2011, 12:25 PM
Ronnie?

I know most of those people.

I would oversee a lot of projects. Be nice, I may have great influence with your boss.

Yes, your attitude.

Sooner_Tuf
6/3/2011, 12:30 PM
I have heard that ONEOK has lost a lot of really experienced mature people from one of their engineering groups.

Now it seems I know why.

Why wouldn't you? You know everything else. I wonder if you know why they aren't offering you a company vehicle and a parking spot. I know why.

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 12:40 PM
Yes, your attitude.

You have taken my comments out of order. I did not say that until you said:

(Tuf) From what you have shown us I would say if your current employer is happy with you just stay there.

I don't know about Williams but you will never make it at ONEOK with your attitude. If I could ask a favor, please stay east of I-35 if you don't mind

So, really, who has the attitude?

And my remark is just making a statement that it is always wise to be nice to everyone in this business, you never know who you are talking to or who might be your boss next. FYI........I really do get along with everyone I work with.

I have been in this business a long time and I now am in a position to hire and fire people that I used to work for. Most people in this business know this and work well together.

Position Limit
6/3/2011, 12:44 PM
i've never understood the lameness of people in downtown tulsa when it comes to parking. i think it says alot about you as a potential employee if parking is that big of a deal. sounds like you head isnt in the game. you might have to walk a whole 3 blocks to your car!!! oh nos!!!!!! maybe you should apply for a valet parking gig..

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 12:46 PM
Why wouldn't you? You know everything else. I wonder if you know why they aren't offering you a company vehicle and a parking spot. I know why.

They did not offer a car, but they did offer a parking spot on the 2nd level. They said that is near the tunnel.

I don't know if that is good or not but when they told me that they seemed to think that it is a big deal. That is why I was wondering about the Williams parking situation.

Position Limit
6/3/2011, 12:55 PM
They did not offer a car, but they did offer a parking spot on the 2nd level. They said that is near the tunnel.

I don't know if that is good or not but when they told me that they seemed to think that it is a big deal. That is why I was wondering about the Williams parking situation.

who cares about the "parking situation"? there is no "situation". you drive your *** to work, park, and get busy. how is this even discussed?

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 12:58 PM
who cares about the "parking situation"? there is no "situation". you drive your *** to work, park, and get busy. how is this even discussed?

I guess if you have never had to fight for or pay for a parking spot downtown then it would be hard to explain.

Sooner_Tuf
6/3/2011, 01:03 PM
You have taken my comments out of order. I did not say that until you said:

So, really, who has the attitude?

And my remark is just making a statement that it is always wise to be nice to everyone in this business, you never know who you are talking to or who might be your boss next. FYI........I really do get along with everyone I work with.

I have been in this business a long time and I now am in a position to hire and fire people that I used to work for. (there it is again) Most people in this business know this and work well together.

I can afford to have an attitude, as I don't work for anyone. ONEOK produces a number of wells on my property and I have a working interest with them in some others. I also market gas to them.

Go to work for ONEOK and see if I kiss your *** :D

Position Limit
6/3/2011, 01:04 PM
I guess if you have never had to fight for or pay for a parking spot downtown then it would be hard to explain.

dude, i work right in the middle of downtown tulsa. i've never had to fight or pay for parking. i walk 4 blocks down the road and park for free. if i was interviewing you for a job and knew that you had to fight to get a parking spot i wouldnt hire you. and who cares anyway? get your *** to work, park and get to it.

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 01:08 PM
Go to work for ONEOK and see if I kiss your *** :D

I didn't ask anyone to "kiss my a$$".

I just asked about working for both companies.

Even producers need to "get along" with people.......you never know when someone can help you in your time of need. Ultimately this is a small industry.

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 01:09 PM
dude, i work right in the middle of downtown tulsa. i've never had to fight or pay for parking. i walk 4 blocks down the road and park for free. if i was interviewing you for a job and knew that you had to fight to get a parking spot i wouldnt hire you. and who cares anyway? get your *** to work, park and get to it.

Well good for you.

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 01:16 PM

Try decaf ....... and go back to work.

Sooner_Tuf
6/3/2011, 01:25 PM
I didn't ask anyone to "kiss my a$$".

I just asked about working for both companies.

Even producers need to "get along" with people.......you never know when someone can help you in your time of need. Ultimately this is a small industry.

It didn't cross your mind that ONEOK and I "get along" with one other did it?

Sooner_Tuf
6/3/2011, 01:27 PM

Now I like this guy. He understands what the goal is.

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 01:28 PM
It didn't cross your mind that ONEOK and I "get along" with one other did it?

Didn't ask don't care. I just said people in this industry need to get along. Great that you do.

KuppiKunta
6/3/2011, 01:57 PM
Why did such a simple question turn into a pissing contest?

Sooner_Tuf
6/3/2011, 02:00 PM
Didn't ask don't care. I just said people in this industry need to get along.

This is great stuff. Do you think the first sentence compliments the second one? Or maybe the other way around?

I'm thinking you are not really the "team player" you think you are. But God love you, you sure as heck made my friday.

I might hire you to come in a couple of times a month. You can park by the door ;)

tator
6/3/2011, 02:09 PM
Because one guy is more successful. That's my take on it.

tator
6/3/2011, 02:11 PM
I'm just reading along because I'm looking at a job at ONEOK. They're not offering me a car or a spot, though (that I know of). And I probably won't have any influence with anyone's boss.

I know you were all very concerned with these questions :D

3rdgensooner
6/3/2011, 02:16 PM
Why did such a simple question turn into a pissing contest?Are you new here?

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 02:36 PM

Beats me.

But 3rdgen hits it close to home.

I was just curious about people's opinions of the two companies. You know, hoping my Sooner brethren would have some good input. And actually I got some good input.

The Williams people gave their opinions and offered help. Thanks guys (or gals)

The ONEOK "people" got nasty.

Both are good companies. Tator, from what I know you may love or hate ONEOK but it is a great opportunity. My neighbor went to work there a couple of years ago and he lasted about 6 months. He hated it, but then he was fresh out of the Marine Corps and I don't think he liked corporate "weenies" (his words) telling him what to do. But I don't really think that is any different than any company.

And "Position" not that I owe you any explanation:
From injuries I got in college I have had several operations on my knees and in bad weather they sometimes cause me trouble. I don't or won't use handicapped parking (don't need that) but it is nice to not have to walk so far if I don't have to. Simple as that.

KuppiKunta
6/3/2011, 02:36 PM
Because one guy is more successful. That's my take on it.

But which one?

Sooner_Tuf
6/3/2011, 02:48 PM
But which one?

How could you not know the answer to this. Obviously it is the Engineer because without him the Earth wouldn't turn. Then we would all just be sitting here in the dark, while those damn Chinese bask in the sunlight around the clock. Of course we wouldn't have clocks either without Engineers. So surely you can see the answer to your question.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/3/2011, 02:54 PM
From injuries I got in college I have had several operations on my knees and in bad weather they sometimes cause me trouble. I don't or won't use handicapped parking (don't need that) but it is nice to not have to walk so far if I don't have to. Simple as that.

So what you're saying is that your ol' hoo hoo gets sore when it gets cold out? Or are you such a tub o' goo that it exacerbates the problem?

Position Limit
6/3/2011, 02:56 PM
And "Position" not that I owe you any explanation:

so you have old injuries that prevents you from walking 3 blocks but you wont park in hadicap? riiiiiiiight... maybe if somebody hires you they should just pay you in parking spaces. it's seems oddly important to you.

does anybody know what ever became of williams brilliant idea of starting a trading floor? I know FERC blew them up a few years ago, but the last time i took a stroll through the tower, there were like 4 people in that huge facility.

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 02:58 PM
So what you're saying is that your ol' hoo hoo gets sore when it gets cold out? Or are you such a tub o' goo that it exacerbates the problem?

Wow.

Obsess much?

Are you always such an a$$ or did you just wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?

I'm still in pretty good shape.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/3/2011, 03:00 PM
Rock on, gimpy.

Are you my boss yet?

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 03:01 PM
so you have old injuries that prevents you from walking 3 blocks but you wont park in hadicap? riiiiiiiight... maybe if somebody hires you they should just pay you in parking spaces. it's seems oddly important to you.

Didn't say that. Work on your reading comprehension. Go back and try again.

does anybody know what ever became of williams brilliant idea of starting a trading floor? I know FERC blew them up a few years ago, but the last time i took a stroll through the tower, there were like 4 people in that huge facility.

Perhaps we can ask the board this question? Oh.....wait.......

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 03:01 PM
Rock on, gimpy.

Are you my boss yet?

No.....just your superior.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/3/2011, 03:02 PM
No.....just your superior.

Not when it comes to walking three blocks in the cold, you're not.

Sooner_Tuf
6/3/2011, 03:04 PM

It is the exception to the old if you build it they will come rule. I don't know what they were thinking. Other than they obviously thought a lot more of themselves than others did.

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 03:06 PM
Are you my boss yet?

And since I am a taxpayer........I guess I am your boss.

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 03:07 PM

I do it all the time.

I work all over the world in production plants.....hot and cold.

Just don't do it when I don't have to.

Work on your reading comp too.

Position Limit
6/3/2011, 03:08 PM
[QUOTE=Memtig14;3252032]Didn't say that. Work on your reading comprehension. Go back and try again.

you did say that. you wrote old injuries make it hard to walk and you wont park in hadicap. what the hell dude? are you sure you have a job offer cause if you do let me know where you end up. i'll be sure to short that stock. i got a solution for you. take a cab to the bus station and ride it in to work. just ask to bus driver to let you out right in front of the door.

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 03:09 PM
It is the exception to the old if you build it they will come rule. I don't know what they were thinking. Other than they obviously thought a lot more of themselves than others did.

They had plenty of business......

They were playing fast and lose with the rules......and had very little supervision of their own people.

Sooner_Tuf
6/3/2011, 03:10 PM

Hey when he gets there he can get along. Or git along as we say out here.

Q2cFji4CmHE

Mem maybe there is something in Wyoming for you?

Position Limit
6/3/2011, 03:13 PM

i guess. i'll never forgive them for ripping out the ice skating rink,, movie theatre and the 4 level mall. old memories. do you know if any tulsa energy companies trade? or did they all give up with $100 oil and massive liquidity?

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 03:14 PM

I said:

I did not say "it prevents me from walking 3 blocks". I said: it is nice to not have to walk so far if I don't have to."

Notice any difference there? Come back when you have something better than that.

Position Limit
6/3/2011, 03:21 PM
I did not say "it prevents me from walking 3 blocks". I said: it is nice to not have to walk so far if I don't have to."

Notice any difference there? Come back when you have something better than that.

yeah same difference ace. you all obsessed with friggin parking. like i said, just have them pay you in parking. total compensaion=parking. it's obviously that important you. or get a mobility scooter and ride it 3 blocks from where you park right into your cubicle. problem solved. and let me know where you get hired so i can short the stock.

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 03:21 PM
Rock on, gimpy.

Don't limp all of the time......like I said.....just sometimes when the weather is really cold.

But hey, perhaps you can go to the Veterans hospital and call them gimpy....I here there are guys there that limp all the time. Maybe that will make you feel like a big man.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/3/2011, 03:23 PM
My attention has been directed elsewhere, Hopalong.

If you close your eyes and start walking, do you go in a circle?

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 03:24 PM
yeah same difference ace. you all obsessed with friggin parking. like i said, just have them pay you in parking. total compensaion=parking. it's obviously that important you. or get a mobility scooter and ride it 3 blocks from where you park right into your cubicle. problem solved. and let me know where you get hired so i can short the stock.

Let me see.....Don't do it if I don't have to.......Can't......

Seems like a big difference. And really parking wasn't a huge thing till you made it a big thing.

You own stock? Livestock for Saturday night?

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 03:25 PM

What a loser.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/3/2011, 03:27 PM
At least I can walk in a straight line.

Mongo
6/3/2011, 03:28 PM
last word

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 03:29 PM

Couldn't find it in your pants? Common problem of those that have to denigrate others to make themselves feel big.

Position Limit
6/3/2011, 03:29 PM

dont tell him that, he wont make it out of the parking lot.

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 03:31 PM
dont tell him that, he wont make it out of the parking lot.

You are just too sad to believe.

Position Limit
6/3/2011, 03:32 PM
You are just too sad to believe.

not too sad to walk 3 blocks

Tulsa_Fireman
6/3/2011, 03:33 PM

But can you do it with your eyes closed IN A CIRCLE?

XingTheRubicon
6/3/2011, 03:33 PM
fantastic so far

Sooner_Tuf
6/3/2011, 03:34 PM
i guess. i'll never forgive them for ripping out the ice skating rink,, movie theatre and the 4 level mall. old memories. do you know if any tulsa energy companies trade? or did they all give up with $100 oil and massive liquidity?

Really they tried to bull their way in to try to control foreign investment money in one place. They created their own index (MFI) that wasn't an accurate reflection of what was really happening. They captured very little smart money and what they did have ran away pretty fast. They basically tried to lump all foreign markets into one.

That is a major oversimplification of what took place. But at the same time it is pretty accurate. It was virtually impossible to make money trading there. They tried to make you believe their traders had more influence than the big banks. Which obviously could or will never be the case.

I would guess everyone trades at some level or another. I think people are more cautious today after seeing so many get caught short a few years ago.

I think it is a fools game if you don't actually possess the oil and take a very conservative approach. You won't hit the mother lode but you won't close your doors overnight either. Which is what happens eventually to everyone that lives on the future oil price.

Position Limit
6/3/2011, 03:35 PM
But can you do it with your eyes closed IN A CIRCLE?

old "injuries" would prevent me from doing that. maybe with one eye open.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/3/2011, 03:35 PM
From your college days?

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 03:36 PM

If that is all ya got......you got nothing.

And once again....I will type this very s l o w l y just for you because I know you are having trouble reading.

I did not say I couldn't walk 3 blocks. Is it your own inadequacies that make you keep saying that??? You need help.

Sooner_Tuf
6/3/2011, 03:37 PM
You own stock? Livestock for Saturday night?

I own Livestock. You have a problem with that too? You don't seem to get along with very many people.

What is it you were "very good" at again? Whatever it is you must be damn good at that.

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 03:37 PM
From your college days?

Yes

Mongo
6/3/2011, 03:39 PM

And once again....I will type this very s l o w l y just for you because I know you are having trouble reading.

I did not say I couldn't walk 3 blocks. Is it your own inadequacies that make you keep saying that??? You need help.

Tulsa Fireman is impotent. point and laugh at him for that

Memtig14
I own Livestock. You have a problem with that too? You don't seem to get along with very many people.

What is it you were "very good" at again? Whatever it is you must be damn good at that.

Change tact?

No...I own horses.....I just don't "date" them.

I get along with most people but you. But then my friends aren't little pricks.

I am very good at it. They pay me very well.

Position Limit
Really they tried to bull their way in to try to control foreign investment money in one place. They created their own index (MFI) that wasn't an accurate reflection of what was really happening. They captured very little smart money and what they did have ran away pretty fast. They basically tried to lump all foreign markets into one.

That is a major oversimplification of what took place. But at the same time it is pretty accurate. It was virtually impossible to make money trading there. They tried to make you believe their traders had more influence than the big banks. Which obviously could or will never be the case.

I would guess everyone trades at some level or another. I think people are more cautious today after seeing so many get caught short a few years ago.

I think it is a fools game if you don't actually possess the oil and take a very conservative approach. You won't hit the mother lode but you won't close your doors overnight either. Which is what happens eventually to everyone that lives on the future oil price.

cool. thanks. where they trading thier own index? and i didnt know they were bringing in customers. just thought they were cowboys with house money trading derivatives against the physical and what not.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/3/2011, 03:40 PM
Tulsa Fireman is impotent. point and laugh at him for that

It's true that I am lacking what the french call a certain... I don't know what.

AKA, I can walk straight.

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 03:42 PM
AKA, I can walk straight.

weak and slimy

Position Limit
6/3/2011, 03:42 PM

yes we all know that you did not say you could'nt walk it. we also know very well that you bitch like 90 year old about having to walk 3 blocks and it is probably a deal breaker if you dont get a parking spot front and center at whatever company i'm gonna be shorting.

Sooner_Tuf
6/3/2011, 03:45 PM
cool. thanks. where they trading thier own index? and i didnt know they were bringing in customers. just thought they were cowboys with house money trading derivatives against the physical and what not.

No I think you are right. They were trying to get everyone on board with them but not many joined up. Those that did bailed pretty fast.

It's hard to believe your broker telling you everything is great while watching your balance shrink to nothing.

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 03:47 PM
... at whatever company i'm gonna be shorting.

Well, I won't hire you so I think we will all be safe.

Position Limit
6/3/2011, 03:50 PM
No I think you are right. They were trying to get everyone on board with them but not many joined up. Those that did bailed pretty fast.

It's hard to believe your broker telling you everything is great while watching your balance shrink to nothing.

back when i was in new york trading, i remember stories of nymex oil guys leaving to move to tulsa to work for williams. kind of blew me away. i could never wrap my mind around what they were trying to do. i also interviewed with williams right out of college for their power desk (trading floor). didnt impress me. or i guess in wanted new york more. i always imagined them trying to be the goldman sachs of enery or something. i guess enron took that role.

Sooner_Tuf
6/3/2011, 03:55 PM
Change tact?

No...I own horses.....I just don't "date" them.

I get along with most people but you. But then my friends aren't little pricks.

I am very good at it. They pay me very well.

Somehow I don't really believe anything you have said.

It? They? Prozac?

Well I got to go, as much fun as this little fantasy has been I have an old momma cow that has come up lame. No matter how hard she tries she just can't make it to the feeder. It's so sad, my heart really goes out to her. She was banged up in her youth and it has finally caught up with her. It's been a tough haul for her. She is so smarter than the rest of the herd there just doesn't seem to be a place for her anymore. I sure hope I don't have to put her down too.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/3/2011, 03:58 PM
Well, I won't hire you so I think we will all be safe.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dxfZstnrB1s/TdsWW-KTJxI/AAAAAAAAD6Q/La8XqcC0Wj4/s1600/AttentionWhore.jpg

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 04:00 PM
Somehow I don't really believe anything you have said.

Once again showing a lack of common sense.

But hey, go put that cow down.....just don't mess with the Bulls. They are out of your league.

Sooner_Tuf
back when i was in new york trading, i remember stories of nymex oil guys leaving to move to tulsa to work for williams. kind of blew me away. i could never wrap my mind around what they were trying to do. i also interviewed with williams right out of college for their power desk (trading floor). didnt impress me. or i guess in wanted new york more. i always imagined them trying to be the goldman sachs of enery or something. i guess enron took that role.

You damn sure made the right decision there. I don't think they set out to do anything evil or anything. I am positive they didn't understand the scope of all they were trying to roll into one. They drastically underestimated the intelligence of the investors they wanted.

I will never pretend to understand most of the heavier financial instruments but if I can see where something won't work I promise you the guys that do know will have seen it first.

yermom
i heard they both sucked.

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 04:01 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dxfZstnrB1s/TdsWW-KTJxI/AAAAAAAAD6Q/La8XqcC0Wj4/s1600/AttentionWhore.jpg

I think you will grow out of it ........

...if you ever grow up to be a man.

But hey......I have faith even in scumbags.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/3/2011, 04:01 PM
TOUCHE!

You're really letting the zingers fly, o' he of the three block stumble.

Sooner_Tuf
6/3/2011, 04:02 PM
But hey, go put that cow down.....just don't mess with the Bulls. They are out of your league.

Can you guess what that cow's name is?

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 04:03 PM
Can you guess what that cow's name is?

Upyours?

Position Limit
6/3/2011, 04:04 PM
I think you will grow out of it ........

...if you ever grow up to be a man.

But hey......I have faith even in scumbags.

what the hellcrap are you up to now?

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 04:05 PM

About 240.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/3/2011, 04:06 PM

Not walking three blocks in cold weather, I guaran-damn-tee ya that.

Engineering with reckless abandon? Check.

Taking in the beauty of having Oklahoma's corporate giants grovel at your feet? Check.

Being the razor's edge of witty comebacks? Check.

Not being a gigantic vaginer when it's cold? Uhhhh...

Position Limit
6/3/2011, 04:09 PM
About 240.

so the truth is finally revealed. you're a fatty and bitch when you have to walk 2 downtown blocks. i bet if a box of food was 3 blocks down the road you'd run after it like your hair was on fire.

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 04:10 PM
Not walking three blocks in cold weather, I guaran-damn-tee ya that.

Engineering with reckless abandon? Check.

Taking in the beauty of having Oklahoma's corporate giants grovel at your feet? Check.

Being the razor's edge of witty comebacks? Check.

Not being a gigantic vaginer when it's cold? Uhhhh...

Well finally ya came back with something other than your dlck in your hand.
(you did find it? right?)

Don't worry about me though......when it is cold......I will just go to my vacation house where it is warm.

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 04:13 PM
so the truth is finally revealed. you're a fatty and bitch when you have to walk 2 downtown blocks. i bet if a box of food was 3 blocks down the road you'd run after it like your hair was on fire.

Nope.......wrong again. I played at 225 but it has been a few years. I am still in pretty good shape. Not many people have ever had the nerve to talk to me the way you have today......but then again.......you are hiding behind a keyboard......so talk all you want.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/3/2011, 04:14 PM
Don't run down there. You'll be out of breath and never make it from only being able to run in a circle.

Memtig14
6/3/2011, 04:20 PM
Don't run down there. You'll be out of breath and never make it from only being able to run in a circle.

You truly are a lowlife prick.

Goodbye

Harry Beanbag
6/4/2011, 09:24 AM
I ****ing hate trolls.

northspeter
6/4/2011, 09:52 AM
there really are lots of management pricks on this board... no wonder sh*t never gets done...

Sooner_Tuf
6/4/2011, 03:01 PM
there really are lots of management pricks on this board... no wonder sh*t never gets done...

O'really? Because where you live there are tons of rigs sitting that started drilling but for some reason or nother never finished? Flow lines that just never got tied in? Billions of Barrels of oil that were purchased but just never got refined?

I can't think of one oil company that *never gets sh*t done. There have been a few that never paid their bills but even they got sh*t done.

Is it lonely in fantasy land?

northspeter
6/4/2011, 03:38 PM
O'really? Because where you live there are tons of rigs sitting that started drilling but for some reason or nother never finished? Flow lines that just never got tied in? Billions of Barrels of oil that were purchased but just never got refined?

I can't think of one oil company that *never gets sh*t done. There have been a few that never paid their bills but even they got sh*t done.

Is it lonely in fantasy land?

sensitive too...