PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Brag on my Son

tulsaoilerfan
5/29/2011, 09:52 PM
Conner tried out and made a team for the Heartland Baseball Classic that will run from June 24-26 at Bacone College, Connors State, Hilldale HS, and Okay HS; i'm not sure how many teams they made but there were over 120 kids that tried out yesterday and today so i'm happy for him; he will be playing for the Black team; i know there will be several teams from Canada playing but not sure what others will be represented but this will be a good chance to get his name out there in front of some college scouts against some good competition!!

StoopTroup
5/29/2011, 10:05 PM
Sweet...WTG Dad! Obviously all your support and advice is getting him nearer the top of the competition...

Very cool.

Chuck Bao
5/29/2011, 10:22 PM
Congrats to Conner for being selected. I hope he does attract the attention of college scouts. I like the way you are thinking and hopefully, he is thinking that same way too. Get the college degree and it doesn't really matter what university he goes to. I appreciate all fans who attend and support college athletics, even the rivals. It's good that you brag. You will have to keep us updated if he decides to go on playing at the collegiate level.

One of my close friend's son is a national track and field star, just graduating out of high school. He chose University of Arkansas. I think that they have very good coaches and Arkansas is probably the best fit for him. I am now a Razorback fan in track and field.

SoonerBread
5/29/2011, 10:32 PM
Allsome news, TOF. Is this an event conjured up for HS seniors? Or is this an age-bracket thing?

tulsaoilerfan
5/30/2011, 09:16 PM
Allsome news, TOF. Is this an event conjured up for HS seniors? Or is this an age-bracket thing?

It's for all high school kids and this will be the 11th year; it's run by a guy named Perry Keith who is the head coach at Conners State JUCO in Warner, OK; there are actually 2 events in Oklahoma called the Heartland Classic but this one is not the one that used to be the Sunbelt Classic so i'm sure ive totally confused u by now lol I don't know what to expect overall but i've heard that Canada brings some pretty damn good teams that are funded by the Toronto Blue Jays

olevetonahill
5/30/2011, 09:24 PM
I wish him the best.

SoonerNate
5/30/2011, 09:26 PM
He's on the black team?

tulsaoilerfan
5/30/2011, 09:29 PM
He's on the black team?

Team names are by colors lol I know of red, purple, and black so far but not sure how many more; hell there could be 50 for all i know :D