PDA

View Full Version : OLVETONAHILL, and all current and former military.....

fossil
5/29/2011, 07:02 PM
:) OLEVET, just wanted to say a heartfelt 'thank you' for everything you and all the others gave for this country.

It don't always have to be about football.

Yea for the U.S. ARMED FORCES!!!!

bixby28
5/29/2011, 07:35 PM
Thanks, fossil.

Of the many freedoms that I was prepared to protect (along with all of my brothers who wore/wear the uniform) the freedom to gather with my Sooner brethren on fall Saturdays is one of my personal favorites.

1998-2004 (Basic Training at the ITB - Ft. Benning, Ga.)

C co. 1/279th Infantry Battalion 45 Inf. Brigade (Mortars)

boomermagic
5/29/2011, 08:50 PM
Thanks to all Vets and current..

soonerloyal
5/29/2011, 09:16 PM
I too offer my thanks and love to all who served and who do so now.

However, Memorial day is the day we remember & honor the fallen. Their lives, their service, their ultimate sacrifice. Veteran's Day is for all our military veterans.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/180px-US_Navy_030427-M-4066S-013_An_M16-A2_service_rifle_a_pair_of_boots_and_a_helmet_stan d_in_tribute_to_a_fallen_Marine_Corps_Sergeant.jpg

SoonerTank
5/29/2011, 10:03 PM
As a vet, I would like to thank those of you who supported us during my time in the service.

Osama Bin Laden
5/29/2011, 10:05 PM
Today, even I send my gratitude to the fine people of the United States military.

Sooner_Tuf
5/29/2011, 10:12 PM
You guys don't owe me any thanks, I didn't do anything for you :D

If you are young enough and really sincere you should explore the possibility of joining your favorite branch. Nothing says you appreciate living here like carrying your share of the load.

SoonerofAlabama
5/29/2011, 10:38 PM
Yes, THANK YOU to all branches of the military for your aid in letting us civilians be able to maintain a normal life without living in fear of outside threat's by other countries.

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/1400/usmilitary.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/685/usmilitary.jpg/)

BetterSoonerThanLater
5/29/2011, 11:09 PM
thank you everyone. you (apart from my family and closest friends) are the only ones who have said anything to me.

USMC 1997- present
Cpt. USMC
1st Marine Division
3rd Recon

to all those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice in the name of freedom-- those i've known, and those i've yet to meet-- SEMPER FI

texaspokieokie
5/30/2011, 08:15 AM
My THANKS to all Veterans everywhere !!!!!

(i'm a vet, but never got out of Tulsa).
(except for "boot" @ Lackland AFB)

fadada1
5/30/2011, 08:30 AM
Remember, today isn't "Happy Memorial Day". It's a day of remembrance. Celebrate those who gave thier lives so that you could enjoy this day with friends and family in a peaceful and free country.

US Navy: 1993-1997

olevetonahill
5/30/2011, 08:33 AM
Thanks, Ill be going to the cemetery later

PLaw
5/30/2011, 08:39 AM
Salute to you ladies and gentlemen that have selflessly served to protect our freedoms and security.

BOOMER

soonerloyal
5/30/2011, 09:05 AM
thank you everyone. you (apart from my family and closest friends) are the only ones who have said anything to me.

USMC 1997- present
Cpt. USMC
1st Marine Division
3rd Recon

to all those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice in the name of freedom-- those i've known, and those i've yet to meet-- SEMPER FI

Marine, bless you for your service to your country. As the proud & grateful mother of Two of The Few, I offer my thanks to you for being one of the giants upon whose shoulders my sons stand. God bless you, Devil Dog. If I may, Semper Fi.

On this Memorial Day I salute & mourn all those who are not with us to receive the same thanks. Godspeed, Warriors.

hgarmorer
5/30/2011, 11:26 AM
I can't help but to think of the families left behind and the people I served with while conducting final honors during the thousands of ceremonies at Arlington National Cemetery. While those men and women deserve so much more, we did what we could to make sure they were never forgotten. I hope everyone enjoys this Memorial Day, but be safe and take a minute to remember those that have gone before us.

Seamus
5/30/2011, 11:32 AM
:) OLEVET, just wanted to say a heartfelt 'thank you' for everything you and all the others gave for this country.

Yea for the U.S. ARMED FORCES!!!!

^^^ This. Many thanks.

SoonerofAlabama
5/31/2011, 09:38 AM
Once again, thank you.

Boomer.....
5/31/2011, 09:50 AM
Thank you to all of our veterans!

soonerloyal
5/31/2011, 02:16 PM
You guys don't owe me any thanks, I didn't do anything for you :D

If you are young enough and really sincere you should explore the possibility of joining your favorite branch. Nothing says you appreciate living here like carrying your share of the load.

And nothing says "I want to be the best" like choosing to become a Marine.

Sorry, I'm stuck inside the house and can't hand out the local Recruiter's cards like I usually do. :D

Soonermagik
5/31/2011, 04:20 PM
Thanks to all the veterans!!!!

Cornfed
5/31/2011, 04:38 PM
Thank you other vets , and youre welcome from me as well....lol

I was in the Marine Corps in the 80s and 90s and my oldest just returned from Afghanistan with the Corps.