PDA

View Full Version : To My Fellow Sooners and Oklahomans

CrimsonRez
5/28/2011, 11:52 PM
The events of these past weeks have really made me think of Oklahomans as a people. We have basically been hit with a combo punch that would put most people on their backs with no possibility of getting up. The deaths of Terry Crouch, Austin Box, Brandon Everage, as well as the horrific damage done by the tornadoes have really done a number on us.

However, we are Oklahomans we come from a tough, resilient background. We have always been there to help each other in the bad times and this will be no different. I have said it before and this just re-enforces my point that Oklahoman is not just a demonym, it is a breed of people. We are different because we will do what ever it takes to make sure that the other is taken care of. We will roll with these punches and we WILL be back. I wish I could be back home to help everyone, but being out here with people from other states just makes me more proud to be from Oklahoma. God Bless and Boomer Sooner!

SoonerofAlabama
5/28/2011, 11:55 PM
Nice thing to say. I may have been born in Alabama, but I love Oklahoma with all my heart. Not just the athletics, but the people. For the most part, Oklahomans are just nice people. Thanks for sharing.