PDA

View Full Version : Buechelle

hvhurricane
5/28/2011, 01:07 PM
I think our regional chances begin and end with him. If he can hit, we have a chance to win. If he goes 0-10, like he did this week, then we don't have a chance. We are going to get singles from some of the other guys on the team, but we need Bue to produce like he can. Otherwise, we will see an early end to a very dissappointing season.

hvhurricane
6/4/2011, 11:05 PM
First of all, I should learn how to spell his name correctly. What a dumbass.

With that said, after looking at the box scores, Bue hit .204 from the beginning of the KSU series until the end of the year. Those numbers included going 6 for his last 45 at bats. What happened? Did he get hurt? Did he lose a girlfriend? Did the drama in the clubhouse get to him? He is just too good of a hitter to go through that kind of slump.

IndySooner
6/4/2011, 11:12 PM
First of all, I should learn how to spell his name correctly. What a dumbass.

With that said, after looking at the box scores, Bue hit .204 from the beginning of the KSU series until the end of the year. Those numbers included going 6 for his last 45 at bats. What happened? Did he get hurt? Did he lose a girlfriend? Did the drama in the clubhouse get to him? He is just too good of a hitter to go through that kind of slump.

Hate to say it, but I think he's one of the guys (one of the many) that checked out half-way through the season.

I don't remember who it was in the DBU game, but one of our leaders was at the plate, close up on his face, took the sign from the dugout and practically rolled his eyes.

We had a bunch of guys check out early this year. That was apparent to anyone.

Sooner95
6/4/2011, 11:18 PM
I have to agree. Our big guns just did not come thur this year. Ogle was probably the most consistent of anyone..but we have to have more than that.

Our pitching was not as strong, and our bullpen was awful...couple that with the INability to score runs at key times..and that sums it up for us.

Let to many games get away...got us a crappy Big12 seed, and not hosting a regional.

TumbleweedDoom
6/5/2011, 01:49 AM
I'm convinced the beaning he took on his hand during the home OSU game has something to do with it. The statistic of the .200 avg since the KSU series bears that out as the OSU game was midweek before that series started.

mavsfan31
6/5/2011, 03:41 AM
He really didn't come through like we needed him to.

NOVSooner
6/5/2011, 06:55 AM
to me, this team began and ended with his leadership and his play (not sure which factor was most important....)

IndySooner
6/5/2011, 08:53 AM
I'm convinced the beaning he took on his hand during the home OSU game has something to do with it. The statistic of the .200 avg since the KSU series bears that out as the OSU game was midweek before that series started.

I agree that he was banged up. He looked beaten down toward the end of the year, too, though.

Gaius_Longinus
6/5/2011, 09:53 AM
I am blaming a particular dog and a particular fantasy baseball draft for Buechelle and this disappointing season.

bcolston15
6/5/2011, 06:27 PM
I agree that he was banged up. He looked beaten down toward the end of the year, too, though.

Funny how that happens when you're hitting .200 for the better part of a season.

rysooner
6/6/2011, 06:48 PM

Yep, Sunny said a whie ago in a radio interview with Toby Rowland that he had been injured on that play.