olevetonahill
5/28/2011, 07:54 AM
I think the Pharmacist should be charged with Assault and Bat-Tery

jk the sooner fan
5/28/2011, 08:22 AM
that guy swings like a girl - jeebus

C&CDean
5/28/2011, 09:34 AM
[midtowner/jk]the cold blooded attempted murderer should just lose everything he owns and spend the rest of his life in prison. everybody could see the perp was incapacitated and no longer a threat. i mean c'mon, he turned his back on him...[/midtowner/jk] meh.

StoopTroup
5/28/2011, 09:47 AM
Where is the damn video....I wanna see the bitch get smacked....I WANT MY OUTRAGE DAMN IT ! !

C&CDean
5/28/2011, 10:20 AM
He got bitch smacked by some faggoty arab. If it wasn't for the brother holding him down, the faggoty arab never would have came near him.

StoopTroup
5/28/2011, 10:21 AM
Arabs.....no good with the guns.....lol

jk the sooner fan
5/28/2011, 10:52 AM
[midtowner/jk]the cold blooded attempted murderer should just lose everything he owns and spend the rest of his life in prison. everybody could see the perp was incapacitated and no longer a threat. i mean c'mon, he turned his back on him...[/midtowner/jk] meh.

:rolleyes:

StoopTroup
5/28/2011, 10:55 AM
I thought you'd be amused

Harry Beanbag
5/28/2011, 11:11 AM
That's the best quality surveillance video I've ever seen.

StoopTroup
5/28/2011, 11:15 AM
I don't understand what the big deal is about robbin' me a sto....

I'm gonna pay them back once I'm back on my feet again....

Sooner_Tuf
5/28/2011, 11:35 AM
The white dude should have given his sack a good tug. He would have still been on the counter when the cops arrived.

Seriously though this was 4v1. Not cool, this aggression will not stand!

yermom
5/28/2011, 11:44 AM
he was like spanking the guy

they didn't have any duct tape or anything to hold him?

sanantoniosooner
5/28/2011, 11:47 AM
I haven't seen someone taking a pounding like that in the *** since....well...let's just say it involved mongo.

AlboSooner
5/28/2011, 11:52 AM
in OK those two men beating the robber would have been charged with aggravated assault

lol at the guy with the red shirt and tie. at first he runs away then when the robber is subdued he comes back all tough

sanantoniosooner
5/28/2011, 11:55 AM
It's hilarious that people will compare the two.

StoopTroup
5/28/2011, 12:16 PM
iQB4GlupdmY

Midtowner
5/28/2011, 12:24 PM
Big difference. This cat was actively resisting what looked like a valid citizen's arrest. You have the power to make a citizen's arrest (in most jurisdictions) if you witness the suspect commit a felony. That sure as hell looked like a felony.

yermom
5/28/2011, 12:25 PM
well, i don't think you can hit a subdued guy with a bat, no matter how much crap he pushes off your counter

sanantoniosooner
5/28/2011, 12:27 PM
He is charged with 2nd degree attempted murder, attempted robbery with a deadly weapon and four charges of obtaining a controlled substance by fraud.
Is this at least a felony?

Midtowner
5/28/2011, 12:27 PM
well, i don't think you can hit a subdued guy with a bat, no matter how much crap he pushes off your counter

That guy didn't look like he was subdued. It looked like he was trying to escape.

If the robber was actually passive and subdued, then yeah, the fella with the bat theoretically could become a criminal.

sanantoniosooner
5/28/2011, 12:29 PM

He escaped by trying to gouge the eyes of the guy he had already stabbed.

I think a few hits to the butt isn't exactly deadly force.

yermom
5/28/2011, 12:31 PM
the gouging was after they hit him with the bat :D

sanantoniosooner
5/28/2011, 12:39 PM
Obviously they didn't hit him hard enough or enough times or he wouldn't have escaped.

StoopTroup
5/28/2011, 12:45 PM
I don't care how high you are or out of it....if I had hit you with a baseball bat....I would probably need a account to defend myself from the bleeding hearts in your family that felt i shouldn't have beat you to death....

I'm not sure the guy in the tie ever played baseball. He might have used it for something kinky...But I really don't think he's ever played ball....

Sooner_Tuf
5/28/2011, 01:08 PM
in OK those two men beating the robber would have been charged with aggravated assault

lol at the guy with the red shirt and tie. at first he runs away then when the robber is subdued he comes back all tough

But he clearly wasn't scared as he turned his back to him. Turned tail and ran clearly does not denote fear. Scared people run backwards.

Sooner_Tuf
5/28/2011, 01:09 PM
I think a few hits to the butt isn't exactly deadly force.

Depends on what the hitter is carrying.

sanantoniosooner
5/28/2011, 01:20 PM
Depends on what the hitter is carrying.
I think the video answers that.

delhalew
5/28/2011, 01:25 PM
I don't care how high you are or out of it....if I had hit you with a baseball bat....I would probably need a account to defend myself from the bleeding hearts in your family that felt i shouldn't have beat you to death....

I'm not sure the guy in the tie ever played baseball. He might have used it for something kinky...But I really don't think he's ever played ball....

Funny you should say that. In Atlanta, I witnessed one of the strongest guys I've known take a steel bar to crackhead. This guy was a predictable home run hitter. The crackhead managed to keep his head from being bludgeoned, but I'm not sure it would have mattered.

Long story short, it turned into quite a scrum. The crackhead eventually bit the hell out of Jeff, and squirmed away.

Not only was he not incapacitated, I've never seen anyone move that quickly in my life.

Never underestimate the superpowers of a scared crackhead. If he poses any threat, don't stop until you end up with a pile of hamburger.

C&CDean
5/28/2011, 02:24 PM
That guy didn't look like he was subdued. It looked like he was trying to escape.

If the robber was actually passive and subdued, then yeah, the fella with the bat theoretically could become a criminal.

You seriously should think about staying out of these threads. You lost all your cred in the last one. Dude with bat was a cold-blooded killer. He just didn't get the job done because he's a giant *****. Attempted murder, at the very least. C'mon, let's be consistent. To run like a little bitch, then try and go all Henry Aaron on him only after a couple other guys subdued him? 25-life. Minimum. I mean by your barometer and all. It was some pre-meditated **** man. ****er should lose everything he owns. I wanna seem him broken.

Sounds pretty gay, huh?

Midtowner
5/28/2011, 02:28 PM
You seriously should think about staying out of these threads.

Don't blame me for your knowledge about these situations being severely limited. In the course of a citizen's arrest, you can use reasonable force to subdue someone. The video shows a struggling suspect, a bat applied to the back of the legs is reasonable force.

Memtig14
5/28/2011, 02:40 PM
Put 'em all in jail for life.......clearly this guy was just trying to improve his life and these thugs hurt his feelings.

C&CDean
5/28/2011, 02:45 PM
Don't blame me for your knowledge about these situations being severely limited. In the course of a citizen's arrest, you can use reasonable force to subdue someone. The video shows a struggling suspect, a bat applied to the back of the legs is reasonable force.

My knowledge about these situations? Blow me. How many times did you say you've been robbed at gunpoint? Meh.

The OKC video doesn't show ****. Yet you're completely convinced the little fugger wasn't moving.

Also, dude with the bat was getting in some licks and you could tell by looking at his face that he was really doing it in anger more than anything. I mean you figured out Ersland was calm and cool by that video, you oughta be able to read this guys' mind off this one. I mean with all your experience in what goes through peoples' minds during robberies and ****.:rolleyes:

Memtig14
5/28/2011, 02:52 PM

In OKC they would have given him 20 years.

Lucky I didn't have that bat.........that guy never woulda walked again.

Midtowner
5/28/2011, 02:58 PM
My knowledge about these situations? Blow me. How many times did you say you've been robbed at gunpoint? Meh.

What the heck does it matter whether you've been robbed? The law is the law. Feel free to ignore it, but do so at your own peril. No number of blow mes will mitigate that.

Mongo
5/28/2011, 03:00 PM
what an amateur. everyone knows one crack to the knee will do it.

pphilfran
5/28/2011, 03:05 PM
A thread where I can post...I have caught 100's of shoplifters over the years...at least...

There are two types..

Type 1 turns into a sissy after you catch them...they beg, plead, and cry for you to let them go...then wait peacefully for the police to arrive...

Type 2 will do anything to escape...kick, bite, and scratch are all on the table...and they will continue with those escape tactics until the police arrive...this type usually looks like a punching bag when the cops finally arrive...

The guy in the vid was Type 2...

Midtowner
5/28/2011, 03:09 PM
The OKC video doesn't show ****. Yet you're completely convinced the little fugger wasn't moving.

Well, that is what the evidence showed and the jury believed it. You, having ****-all personal knowledge about this case, I can't really imagine you'd know better than the folks who decided the case.

pphilfran
5/28/2011, 03:14 PM
I predict a long, outstanding relationship between Mid and CC...

sanantoniosooner
5/28/2011, 03:26 PM
there is the right way, the wrong way, and Dean's way.

Sooner_Tuf
5/28/2011, 03:33 PM
Well, that is what the evidence showed and the jury believed it. You, having ****-all personal knowledge about this case, I can't really imagine you'd know better than the folks who decided the case.

Hey I'm looking for an Attorney that doesn't have any clients and has a lot of time on his hands. Any suggestions?

Oh I want one that hasn't done a damn thing but thinks he knows everything. That is absolutely a priority in my search.

pphilfran
5/28/2011, 03:39 PM
Yep...Mid is all wrong...12 jurors heard all of the testimony...saw all of the video..and each and every one of those 12 jurors voted yea to murder 1 and life in prison....

Midtowner
5/28/2011, 03:44 PM
Hey I'm looking for an Attorney that doesn't have any clients and has a lot of time on his hands. Any suggestions?

Oh I want one that hasn't done a damn thing but thinks he knows everything. That is absolutely a priority in my search.

Exhibit #A, above, Sooner_Tuf has no earthly idea what he's talking about, but instead of bringing facts to the table, or disagreeing specifically with my analysis, he makes a few ignorant (and wrong) statements about totally unrelated subject matter. This is the mark of an individual frustrated with his own ignorance.

What do you even disagree with me on here, bud? Do you disagree that a non law enforcement officer can detain someone who he witnesses commit a felony? If you disagree, you'd be totally wrong.

Do you disagree that that person can use reasonable force in detaining that individual? If so, you'd also be wrong.

What I saw in the video, in my opinion, is a turd struggling to get free and get away before the cops got there. That's my interpretation of the video, and I very well could be wrong. Instead of trying to gauge out the eyes of the fella he just stabbed, the turd could have been trying to gently wipe something away from his captor's eyes.

To me, it looked like the purpose of the bat was to subdue the would-be robber. If it was to punish, then yeah, the bat wielding clerk could be convicted of several felonies.

Sooner_Tuf
5/28/2011, 03:48 PM
Exhibit #A, above, Sooner_Tuf has no earthly idea what he's talking about, but instead of bringing facts to the table, or disagreeing specifically with my analysis, he makes a few ignorant (and wrong) statements about totally unrelated subject matter. This is the mark of an individual frustrated with his own ignorance.

What do you even disagree with me on here, bud? Do you disagree that a non law enforcement officer can detain someone who he witnesses commit a felony? If you disagree, you'd be totally wrong.

Do you disagree that that person can use reasonable force in detaining that individual? If so, you'd also be wrong.

What I saw in the video, in my opinion, is a turd struggling to get free and get away before the cops got there. That's my interpretation of the video, and I very well could be wrong. Instead of trying to gauge out the eyes of the fella he just stabbed, the turd could have been trying to gently wipe something away from his captor's eyes.

To me, it looked like the purpose of the bat was to subdue the would-be robber. If it was to punish, then yeah, the bat wielding clerk could be convicted of several felonies.

I think I have found my guy. Is it illegal to to hunt them over bait? :D

Midtowner
5/28/2011, 04:30 PM
I think I have found my guy. Is it illegal to to hunt them over bait? :D

"The best argument against Democracy is five-minute conversation with the average voter."

-- Winston Churchill

(he kind of has you pegged)

Sooner_Tuf
5/28/2011, 06:20 PM
Better to be average than below average. Also better to not be so sure of yourself against others that have more experience at life.

You like the jury system yet you hate Democracy. You're kind of a weird young duck. Try to think things through more thoroughly.

As a side note. After spending the day in Enid yesterday I had dinner last night with who most would consider to be two of the better Attorneys in Oklahoma. Neither of which thought Ersland's conviction would stand. Both had very different reasons for thinking so.

It's going to be interesting seeing what happens and how you deal with it.

StoopTroup
5/28/2011, 07:02 PM
"The best argument against Democracy is five-minute conversation with the average voter."

-- Winston Churchill

(he kind of has you pegged)

**** that Brit...we had to save his *** too.....

Midtowner
5/28/2011, 07:42 PM
Better to be average than below average. Also better to not be so sure of yourself against others that have more experience at life.

Oh owie. And my daddy can beat up your daddy. Seriously? You're bragging about being an old fart while employing school yard arguments? Super duper. I asked some questions which actually related to the thread earlier, you failed to respond.

You like the jury system yet you hate Democracy. You're kind of a weird young duck. Try to think things through more thoroughly.

I never said I hated Democracy. Just that I worry about it sometimes. You'll note that even as Churchill said what he said, he wasn't exactly looking to dissolve Parliament.

As a side note. After spending the day in Enid yesterday I had dinner last night with who most would consider to be two of the better Attorneys in Oklahoma. Neither of which thought Ersland's conviction would stand. Both had very different reasons for thinking so.

It's going to be interesting seeing what happens and how you deal with it.

And what exactly were they saying? Honestly, criminal lawyers, with a few exceptions, tend to be some of the worst academics as lawyers in existence. I figure that has a lot to do with the majority of their practice involving filling in blanks on plea forms and trying cases where they don't really have malpractice exposure.

StoopTroup
5/28/2011, 07:53 PM
Churchill was a drunk...

SoonerBread
5/28/2011, 08:03 PM
Better to be average than below average.

See Below... Not that you are below or above. I don't know either way. Just saying.

StoopTroup
5/28/2011, 08:25 PM
Here's a pic of him and Field Marshal Bernard Law Montgomery getting ready to go down on Ike...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fb/Wc0279.jpg