PDA

View Full Version : Hollis Price update

badger
5/27/2011, 05:51 PM
He's graduating!

Eight years after playing his last collegiate game, Sooner fan favorite Hollis Price is earning a bachelor's degree from OU. The seventh-leading scorer in school history with 1,821 points, Price was on campus Friday for OU's student-athlete graduation reception and will finish his degree requirements in August. Price, who led the Sooners to the 2002 Final Four as a junior and to the 2003 Elite Eight as a senior, has been competing professionally in Europe (Germany last year) since his OU playing days. Other men's basketball players who are part of OU's 2011 student-athlete graduating class are Longar Longar (2004-08), Beau Gerber (2006-10) and Cade Davis (2007-11).

You can view a video clip here:
Link (http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/archive/2010-11_blog.html)

"The last couple year's I've been in Europe, traveling around from team to team, I've been all around the world, I'm a journeyman.

"Today, I'm here to finally finish my degree. It's an exciting moment for me and my family... I have a lot of family here in Norman and they always tell to come back and finish up... not just for myself and my family, but for my immediately family in Oklahoma.

"I'm proud to be a Sooner. It's in my blood."

liberal arts/liberal studies major

"I got to meet Coach Kruger and I thought he was taller than what he is, but coach is a really personable guy. I think it's gonna be different around here. Capel did a great job, but Coach Kruger... I feel the change is in the making and hopefully the fans will come out like they did back then."

Said he's gonna be a father with his girlfriend in November.
Congrats to Hollis, Longar, Beau and Cade!

yermom
5/27/2011, 05:57 PM
i remember seeing Longar Longar with me at LNC for the Arts and Sciences graduation

soonervegas
5/28/2011, 10:30 AM
Awesome....now we just need to get that number retired.

SoonerofAlabama
5/28/2011, 01:39 PM
Cool, a little bit of happiness for Sooner nation. It will be weird not seeing Cade out there, though.

SoonerofAlabama
5/28/2011, 08:02 PM
In fact, congratulations to all of the graduates. A college degree is something to be very proud of.

SoonerBread
5/29/2011, 05:34 PM
Favorite player from the Kelvin era.

OKC-SLC
5/29/2011, 07:51 PM
good jorb, Hollis.

John Kochtoston
5/30/2011, 04:02 AM
I love Hollis, but after being listed at 6-1, he's no business saying someone is shorter than he thought they would be.

:D

SoonerBread
5/30/2011, 04:31 AM
I love Hollis, but after being listed at 6-1, he's no business saying someone is shorter than he thought they would be.

Good point.

Peach Fuzz
5/30/2011, 09:30 AM
In fact, congratulations to all of the graduates. A college degree is something to be very proud of.

eh... not really anymore. Looks good, but won't land a job like it used to.

walkoffsooner
5/30/2011, 10:33 AM
should have got an electrical license 200,000 per. year

badger
5/30/2011, 11:12 AM
It's an achievement and shows you know the importance of an education, not necessarily its earning power in the employment world, but putting an emphasis on knowledge is not a bad thing!

SoonerofAlabama
5/30/2011, 11:29 AM
It's an achievement and shows you know the importance of an education, not necessarily its earning power in the employment world, but putting an emphasis on knowledge is not a bad thing!

I totally agree.

birddog
5/30/2011, 07:46 PM
NOW i'm po'd. you don't wanna get on my bad side.

Just to be clear. After a year of mostly positive experience, in which I had decided to become an Elite Sponsor, I started the Hollis Board, I had a 46,000 spek rating based on real spek not betting over two season and 1500 posts, in the last four weeks I can see this board is a place I don't want to be or patronize. There are two other boards which I believe have at least equivalent football knowledge without the abusive environment. I am taking my business elsewhere.

John W. Helander
President & CEO
GrayBox Services Ltd. &
eState Auction House Ltd.

badger
5/31/2011, 07:38 AM
I started the Hollis Board

Oh John Helander, you dreamboat. I just had to start a Hollis Board because you did :D:D:D:D:D:D

Canyonero
5/31/2011, 01:02 PM
NOW i'm po'd. you don't wanna get on my bad side.

Just to be clear. After a year of mostly positive experience, in which I had decided to become an Elite Sponsor, I started the Hollis Board, I had a 46,000 spek rating based on real spek not betting over two season and 1500 posts, in the last four weeks I can see this board is a place I don't want to be or patronize. There are two other boards which I believe have at least equivalent football knowledge without the abusive environment. I am taking my business elsewhere.

John W. Helander
President & CEO
GrayBox Services Ltd. &
eState Auction House Ltd.

What's the story behind this quote? I see it every once and awhile.

Boomer.....
5/31/2011, 01:28 PM
The greatest meltdown of all time.

badger
5/31/2011, 01:29 PM
The greatest meltdown of all time.

^^^what he said. no other explanation needed

Mad Dog Madsen
6/1/2011, 01:25 PM
What's the story behind this quote? I see it every once and awhile.

I KNOW!!! ...I won't tell you though. :D