PDA

View Full Version : #12 tshirt design??

nativesooner
5/27/2011, 02:37 PM
Ok fellas (and ladies) I wanted to get something like this done for the upcoming season however most of my friends (and relatives) are saying that it's stupid. Are they right? I can't use the OU logo because I don't have the rights. Thought a shirt that said this or something close would be kind of neat though to pay tribute to Austin and still protray a message of winning.. what do yall think?

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a327/nativesooner/SHIRT1.jpg

by the way, we have 12 games on our schedule this season and the national championship is in 2012...in case you didn't realize that... :D

SoonerofAlabama
5/27/2011, 02:42 PM
I like it. It is pretty creative. I would buy it, but I wouldn't want to have to explain what team it is for to all of the Alabama fans down here. Have you tried to contact the University so that you can get the logo on it?

bmjlr
5/27/2011, 02:45 PM
I would buy one as well. I think it is great.

madillsoonerfan5353
5/27/2011, 03:05 PM
In

PLaw
5/27/2011, 03:11 PM
Any money made should go to a charity named by the Box family. It is morally wrong for anybody to profit from death and in particular a tragic death such as is this case.

Bummer

badger
5/27/2011, 03:14 PM
Make the 12 more bold-like, more jersey font than t-shirt font :)

SoonerofAlabama
5/27/2011, 03:14 PM
Again, I want to know if he has even tried to contact the university for the rights to put an OU on there. I totally agree with the charity thing, but will they start a charity?

cdlbdd
5/27/2011, 03:15 PM
It is morally wrong for anybody to profit from death and in particular a tragic death such as is this case.

Bummer

So funeral directors are morally culpable for charging for their services?

humblesooner
5/27/2011, 04:19 PM
So funeral directors are morally culpable for charging for their services?

Apples and Oranges.
I know what he literally said, but I think we all (or at least most of us) know what he meant.

PS - native - I would bet you won't have to design a shirt. By the time the season rolls around, I bet you will be able to find some very tastefully done tirbute shirts.

SoonerLB
5/27/2011, 04:28 PM
Since we are on the subject, this is an idea I had for a tribute patch for jersies, and maybe a t-shirt as well:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/barn9/box12blackbkgrd.jpg

badger
5/27/2011, 05:07 PM
^^^ me likey

oudavid1
5/27/2011, 07:34 PM
How about....

" '11 is for 12"

Chiliman
5/27/2011, 11:51 PM
Again, I want to know if he has even tried to contact the university for the rights to put an OU on there. I totally agree with the charity thing, but will they start a charity?

Austin's family has established a scholarship in his name.

yermom
5/27/2011, 11:58 PM
How about....

" '11 is for 12"

i like this.

the "box" logo is pretty cool too though

Soonerfan88
5/28/2011, 12:27 AM
Any money made should go to a charity named by the Box family. It is morally wrong for anybody to profit from death and in particular a tragic death such as is this case.

Bummer

I didn't see anything in the OP that said he was selling them, just asked if we thought the design was okay.

I like both designs.

nativesooner
5/28/2011, 02:37 AM
Thanks for the input folks! Not selling them, just wanted to get one made for myself, maybe my son. I bounced the design off a few friends and didn't get a very high opinion. I haven't contacted OU to be able to throw a logo in there somewhere. Not sure where one would fit in really, though it would be cool. I thought of the larger font as well and agree it would look better. May do that. :D

Speaking of profiting off a tragedy, search Austin's name on ebay. I've seen tons of stuff on there already sell for high prices. I doubt any $$ is going to the family from any of that. Sad deal.

BASSooner
5/28/2011, 03:41 AM
may sound cheezy but a picture of box or his number with angel wings on it would be REALLY cool and good for a lot of people

nativesooner
5/28/2011, 09:17 AM
may sound cheezy but a picture of box or his number with angel wings on it would be REALLY cool and good for a lot of people

sounds cool to me!

kelloggOUballa
5/28/2011, 10:08 AM
I just bought this the other day:http://shop.soonersports.com/COLLEGE_Oklahoma_Sooners_T-Shirts/Nike_Oklahoma_Sooners__Number_12_Crimson_Replica_P layer_T-shirt

OutlandTrophy
5/28/2011, 10:29 AM
to the OP, I agree with your friends and family.

SoonerofAlabama
5/28/2011, 11:27 AM
I like the patch and the shirt. Would be proud to wear both.