PDA

View Full Version : FWIW

IndySooner
5/27/2011, 12:06 PM
SEBaseball put out projections today:

http://sebaseball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1226077

I wouldn't mind a 2-seed in Houston. I think we would win that regional. It would also be fun to upset Texas in Austin, so all-in-all, I'm good with that projection.

(For TumbleweedDoom's sake, I'm not saying I think we would win a series in Austin. Hell, I'm not even saying I think it's possible. I'm just saying it would be fun. That's all. Satisfied?)

IndySooner
5/27/2011, 12:14 PM
Also, those two rain-outs are KILLING us right now. In the NCAA Tourney committee's eyes, we only have 39 wins to TCU's 41. Of course, Southern Miss only has 39 and Arkansas has less, so I actually think our best bet might be to steal Southern Miss's spot with a win tonight and one tomorrow.

Either way, it's our own fault we're in this position. Win a couple of the blown games here and there and we would be a lock for a host spot. Instead, we have no control of the situation at this point.

bcolston15
5/27/2011, 12:53 PM
Indy, explain something to me, how, after beating a top 50 opponent did we fall two spots in Boyd's RPI?

bcolston15
5/27/2011, 01:07 PM
Oh, and why do Kendall Rogers and others have Southern Miss as a lock to host?!

We have more top 50 wins, a better SOS, play in a stronger conference and have a better RPI.

Sooner11JK
5/27/2011, 02:27 PM
Oh, and why do Kendall Rogers and others have Southern Miss as a lock to host?!

We have more top 50 wins, a better SOS, play in a stronger conference and have a better RPI.

I'll take this one.

Kendall is an idiot.

That is all.

IndySooner
5/27/2011, 02:49 PM
Colston, I would love to answer both questions. I can't. I have the same questions. I tweeted this morning that I didn't think Southern Miss was a lock to host. I don't think they are. I think there are four teams fighting for two spots.

Of course, Kendall doesn't think that Clemson is hosting, either. I think he's crazy with that.

One thing a lot of people do is get locked into thinking teams are locked in, etc., but that's the wrong way to look at it because right now the committee is looking at what everything is RIGHT NOW.

I'll do my projections tomorrow morning. Not sure where we'll be yet (probably depends a lot on tonight) but I don't think Southern Miss or TCU is a lock as most of the national guys do.

IndySooner
5/27/2011, 02:50 PM
Indy, explain something to me, how, after beating a top 50 opponent did we fall two spots in Boyd's RPI?

This, and TCU beats 120-ish BYU and moves UP in the RPI. I hate the RPI. I think it's horrible. Unfortunately, it's a tool used by the committee so we have to pay attention to it.

IndySooner
5/27/2011, 02:52 PM
This is of interest to me:

http://www.boydsworld.com/baseball/isr/currentisr.html

The committee has actually been aligned with the ISR much more the past few years, and notice what three teams are BEHIND us in the ISR. Southern Miss, TCU and Arkansas.

I told someone who asked me at the park yesterday that I think we're in MUCH better shape than people are giving us credit for. Will that get us a host spot? Who knows?

hvhurricane
5/28/2011, 01:05 PM
More than anything, I think they use the ISR as a way to reward the west coast teams. That formula really seems to favor teams in the west.