PDA

View Full Version : Home ticket face prices... fyi

nativesooner
5/27/2011, 10:54 AM
Here are the per game face value ticket prices in case anyone was wondering... The price is PER ticket, though it may seem some of them should be for a pair :D

Tulsa - $77.00
Mizzou - $77.00
Ball St - $54.00
TT - $89.00
aTm - 89.00
ISU - $77.00

badger
5/27/2011, 11:17 AM
wow face value has grown in a short time. i've heard that face value is higher in the big 12 than other conferences for premium games, but i've also heard that face value doesn't factor in donation requirements to be able to purchase tickets.

of course, there have been very few occasions where the nice scalpers out there sell us face value or above tix :D

cdlbdd
5/27/2011, 11:23 AM
wow face value has grown in a short time. i've heard that face value is higher in the big 12 than other conferences for premium games, but i've also heard that face value doesn't factor in donation requirements to be able to purchase tickets.

of course, there have been very few occasions where the nice scalpers out there sell us face value or above tix :D

We have bought pairs on the street to every home game since 2005, and have only paid more than half face per ticket for OU Tech in 08.

cvsooner
5/27/2011, 11:25 AM
As an alum who lives out of state and has come back for a few games, I will say the $77 for conf. games has been pretty much standard. I do note the aTm ticket prices seems to be a bit of price gouging, but I have to wonder if the Mizzou and TT games aren't flipped, pricewise.

nativesooner
5/27/2011, 11:48 AM
for you bargain hunters who don't have season tickets.... you should be able to pay this for a pair to each game if you wait until 30 minutes before kickoff...

Tulsa - $30 - $50
Mizzou - $50 - $80
Ball St - $25 - $50
TT - $50 - $90
aTm - $75 - $90
ISU - $40 - $60

badger
5/27/2011, 11:56 AM
We have bought pairs on the street to every home game since 2005, and have only paid more than half face per ticket for OU Tech in 08.

NP and I with two others got four tickets in the south endzone to that game for $125 each. We were waiting around for $100, but apparently that was the number every buyer was trying for, while every scalper was trying for $150, $175... some were even going to $200, $250, and these were for nosebleed seats.

I'm sure you would agree that as the most fun game in recent history, possibly the most fun game of the Stoops era at Owen Field, it was worth every penny. :D

The only other game that came close for us was hosting Mizzou in 2007. I think we got two for $75 each, but they were right next to the field. A scalper had pity on poor little badger :P

fwsooner22
5/27/2011, 12:08 PM
If everybody was a bargain hunter the OU football program wouldn't exist. Just Sayin'.............

cdlbdd
5/27/2011, 12:19 PM
NP and I with two others got four tickets in the south endzone to that game for $125 each. We were waiting around for $100, but apparently that was the number every buyer was trying for, while every scalper was trying for $150, $175... some were even going to $200, $250, and these were for nosebleed seats.

I'm sure you would agree that as the most fun game in recent history, possibly the most fun game of the Stoops era at Owen Field, it was worth every penny. :D

The only other game that came close for us was hosting Mizzou in 2007. I think we got two for $75 each, but they were right next to the field. A scalper had pity on poor little badger :P

We paid 125 as well, and it certainly was the most entertaining home game since Baylor 2OT.

yermom
5/27/2011, 01:59 PM
unless it's a huge game like that, singles are more like $20 if you aren't picky where you sit

getting multiples together is another story though

yermom
5/27/2011, 02:01 PM
If everybody was a bargain hunter the OU football program wouldn't exist. Just Sayin'.............

there are a few things that make tickets expensive.

1) people that want good seats.

2) people that want to sit together.

3) people that want to keep getting Texas tickets.

fwsooner22
5/27/2011, 02:10 PM
there are a few things that make tickets expensive.

1) people that want good seats.

2) people that want to sit together.

3) people that want to keep getting Texas tickets.

I understand supply and demand. I have a BBA from the Fine University. I also saw what happened when John Blake destroyed the program and seats were empty everywhere and you couldn't give your extras away. While your premise is correct on one hand it could be more wrong on the other. The top of the list of "why tickets are expensive" is WINNING. There shouldn't be anything else on the list.

I have panhandled for tickets before and probably will again and I have 6 season tickets. Nothing wrong with it there's a waiting list for season tickets so there are few available from the primary ticket seller. What I have a problem with is when I hear people say "if you pay face value for tickets you're a sucker". That's just wrong and if you think that you simply don't get it.

LakeRat
5/27/2011, 02:15 PM
for you bargain hunters who don't have season tickets.... you should be able to pay this for a pair to each game if you wait until 30 minutes before kickoff...

Tulsa - $30 - $50
Mizzou - $50 - $80
Ball St - $25 - $50
TT - $50 - $90
aTm - $75 - $90
ISU - $40 - $60

TT and AtM will not be that high unless you are talking about box seats.

FW - Supply and demand. There is a good mix at OWEN field. You have enough tickets available for anyone to get one. You don't want it to be an exclusive club. That is what helps the fanbase continue to grow. You bring a friend to the game knowing there will be a ticket outside the gate for $40. He is hooked and brings his friend. This is what has made sooner nation so large.

Our supply demand is in a great position.

yermom
5/27/2011, 02:16 PM
I understand supply and demand. I have a BBA from the Fine University. I also saw what happened when John Blake destroyed the program and seats were empty everywhere and you couldn't give your extras away. While your premise is correct on one hand it could be more wrong on the other. The top of the list of "why tickets are expensive" is WINNING. There shouldn't be anything else on the list.

I have panhandled for tickets before and probably will again and I have 6 season tickets. Nothing wrong with it there's a waiting list for season tickets so there are few available from the primary ticket seller. What I have a problem with is when I hear people say "if you pay face value for tickets you're a sucker". That's just wrong and if you think that you simply don't get it.

well, yeah, i guess "duh, WINNING" was implied

i am a "sucker" as well though, as i like to just walk to my seat and not have to play the game, as well as not worrying where my Texas tickets are coming from

i'm usually talking about individual tickets for someone just coming to a game here and there

cdlbdd
5/27/2011, 02:21 PM
That's just wrong and if you think that you simply don't get it.

Sound reasoning if I've ever seen it.

StoopTroup
5/27/2011, 02:22 PM
I wish they would double the prices so we could flush the chumps out....

nativesooner
5/27/2011, 02:29 PM

for a pair? Maybe if you wait until after kickoff they'll be cheaper than $50 a pair... The face is $89 per ticket... The sellers are going to have a hard time asking 1/2 to 1/4 less than what's on the ticket... I've seen plenty of folks get 2 for 1 deals on game day but finding something better than that isn't as easy. Plus according to the "experts", aTm will be undefeated coming into Norman because they'll have the greatest offense in the history of the universe!

badger
5/27/2011, 02:31 PM
What I have a problem with is when I hear people say "if you pay face value for tickets you're a sucker". That's just wrong and if you think that you simply don't get it.

Nah, the suckers are the ones that go on eBay or stubhub or anywhere online really, thinking that they will have no chance of scalping tickets to owen field and thus pay waaaaay over face value for tickets.

When Miami visited a few years back, student tickets were placed on the OU student marketplace for like $200. TWO HUNDRED BUCKS! Are you sh!tting me....

EDIT: I agree that native's price estimates are high. Don't go to the pro scalpers, find the nice gentleman on a park bench barely holding up a few tickets, just wanting to sell em so he can get upstairs and sing along to "Grand Ole Flag." NP and I once got a pair for $20 that way. Don't remember the opponent.

SoonerofAlabama
5/27/2011, 03:01 PM
Not related to this thread:

Have you guys seen Landry Jones' beard?

texaspokieokie
5/27/2011, 03:01 PM
Here are the per game face value ticket prices in case anyone was wondering... The price is PER ticket, though it may seem some of them should be for a pair :D

Tulsa - $77.00
Mizzou - $77.00
Ball St - $54.00
TT - $89.00
aTm - 89.00
ISU - $77.00

pretty close to the same as last year.

cdlbdd
5/27/2011, 03:02 PM

Yes.

badger
5/27/2011, 03:02 PM

Pics or it didn't happen!

SoonerofAlabama
5/27/2011, 03:13 PM
Unable to be found, but I can tell you that his little, thin mustache has grown into a full-on beard.

texaspokieokie
5/27/2011, 03:15 PM
Unable to be found, but I can tell you that his little, thin mustache has grown into a full-on beard.

is that the reason for high ticket prices ??

SoonerofAlabama
5/27/2011, 03:16 PM
No, infact it has lessened prices...

on shaving cream because he won't need it for a while. :D

texaspokieokie
5/27/2011, 03:20 PM
then maybe this should've been on the "shaving cream" thread.
:P

badger
5/27/2011, 03:20 PM
As long as we're coordinating Sooner hairography, our little British Boz, Sir Wortworth, had a bright red mohawk at the Red-White game. And it was awesome.

I am sure I can find a pic... so you better sure be finding a pic of Landry's beard, y'hear? :D

SoonerofAlabama
5/27/2011, 03:22 PM
As long as we're coordinating Sooner hairography, our little British Boz, Sir Wortworth, had a bright red mohawk at the Red-White game. And it was awesome.

I am sure I can find a pic... so you better sure be finding a pic of Landry's beard, y'hear? :D

Oh no, all I can find is the stache! :D

SoonerofAlabama
5/27/2011, 03:26 PM
Apparently, one of the guys in X-Men First Class is named Caleb Landry Jones and I keep getting pictures of him.

cdlbdd
5/27/2011, 03:32 PM
There is a pic here.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150193316907005.302553.99307042004

badger
5/27/2011, 03:43 PM
There is a pic here.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150193316907005.302553.99307042004

Awww... disappointment :(
http://i51.tinypic.com/8yb38h.png

I was hoping for a massive big fluffy thing that only his crazy meerkat offense eyes could poke out of :D

Here's Wort's hawk:
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/112309/medium.jpg

SoonerofAlabama
5/27/2011, 03:45 PM
I wonder how Whitney feels about the beard?

badger
5/27/2011, 04:12 PM
I wonder how Whitney feels about the beard?

probably the same as how she felt about the stache:

Jesse Newell: How did Landry’s mustache come about?

Whitney Hand: To be honest with you, he’s just really lazy and so, before the BYU game, he wasn’t really expecting to get that much TV time. So he just didn’t shave. Then, it became this huge deal. Students made shirts. I was like, ‘Landry, you have to shave that. Like, you have to shave it. It’s disgusting.’ He was like, ‘I can’t.’ And all the students would go crazy if he had shaved it. He didn’t end up shaving it until after the Miami (Fla.) game when they lost.

JN: And you hated it, right?

WH: I really did. I mean ... he tells people that I said he looks ugly with it. But I never said he looked ugly. I just (pause) wasn’t a fan of it. But, I don’t know. It’s fine. I think it’s great that the students have embraced him so much in that. I think it’s fun. It’s kind of taken the pressure off a little bit. I think it’s a good thing.

Link (http://www2.kusports.com/weblogs/sideline_report/2009/oct/21/the-sideline-report-with-landry-jones-girlfriend/)

brian
5/27/2011, 11:40 PM

FW - Supply and demand. There is a good mix at OWEN field. You have enough tickets available for anyone to get one. You don't want it to be an exclusive club. That is what helps the fanbase continue to grow. You bring a friend to the game knowing there will be a ticket outside the gate for $40. He is hooked and brings his friend. This is what has made sooner nation so large.

Our supply demand is in a great position.

what are box seats at an ou football game?

StoopTroup
5/28/2011, 10:45 AM
what are box seats at an ou football game?

Eastside stands. Some of those seats in the "Fry and egg on the sidewalk" section are higher priced. The ones right above the Row 63 seats on the Eastside and below the upper deck

http://cdn.wn.com/ph/img/d9/5d/456fd5024bf58f1bc073971f48a6-medium.jpg

SoonerofAlabama
5/28/2011, 11:27 AM
probably the same as how she felt about the stache:

Link (http://www2.kusports.com/weblogs/sideline_report/2009/oct/21/the-sideline-report-with-landry-jones-girlfriend/)

Well, there sure is a lot more surface area to it now.