texaspokieokie
5/27/2011, 08:17 AM
Dear President Obama:

I am writing today with a somewhat unusual request. First and

foremost, I will be asking that you return America to its August 20th,

1959 borders so that Hawaii is no longer a state and you are no longer a

citizen.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu

he'd have to whup up another fake birth certificate. if it took 2 yrs, like the 1st one, it wouldn't matter.

KantoSooner
5/27/2011, 08:18 AM
...and you'd have to somehow divest his mother of her citizenship which is yet another way he is a US citizen.

Facts and laws are so troublesome.

jk the sooner fan
5/27/2011, 08:21 AM
being born abroad of a US citizen is not automatic natural citizen -

and the OP was a joke........jokes and humor are so troublesome

texaspokieokie
5/27/2011, 08:24 AM
Gosh, thot this thread was a joke.
not a law lesson.

KantoSooner
5/27/2011, 08:39 AM

Sorry. It wasn't funny, so I didn't ID it as a joke. Probably just me this morning.

and, you're wrong on the law. I actually checked as my kiddo might have been in that circumstance. If you've got a US parent, the accident of location isn't held against you and doesn't make you a second class citizen. (which I'm sure comforts the children of US diplomats, service personnel serving overseas and children of US business people living abroad. )

jk the sooner fan
5/27/2011, 08:43 AM
my son was born in Germany - i had to apply for a birth certificate from the US State Department - while getting it was automatic - i still had to apply for it

we'll agree to disagree on the law

mgsooner
5/27/2011, 08:48 AM
Well, I'll never get this time back.

royalfan5
5/27/2011, 09:12 AM
Hawaii was still a US territory in 1959, in order for this joke to be correct, the date would have had to be 1898 when we annexed them.

jk the sooner fan
5/27/2011, 09:13 AM
Hawaii was still a US territory in 1959, in order for this joke to be correct, the date would have had to be 1898 when we annexed them.

Netanyahu sucks at U.S. History

sanantoniosooner
5/27/2011, 09:25 AM
It is flat out horrible when jokes aren't factually correct.

KantoSooner
5/27/2011, 09:25 AM
my son was born in Germany - i had to apply for a birth certificate from the US State Department - while getting it was automatic - i still had to apply for it

In what way does this make him less of an american? And, you have to do this in US hospitals as well....they just make it easy by bringing the paperwork to the delivery or recovery room.

Your son was born an American due to your citizenship. He is in no way 'naturalized'. And he could grow up to be President. Unlike Henry Kissinger or Arnold.

Mongo
5/27/2011, 09:26 AM
take a deep breath, relax your sphincter, and gently slide that stick out.

It's just a joke people:D

sanantoniosooner
5/27/2011, 09:27 AM
who knew "Kanto" was in reference to getting jokes?

jk the sooner fan
5/27/2011, 09:31 AM
In what way does this make him less of an american? And, you have to do this in US hospitals as well....they just make it easy by bringing the paperwork to the delivery or recovery room.

Your son was born an American due to your citizenship. He is in no way 'naturalized'. And he could grow up to be President. Unlike Henry Kissinger or Arnold.

i promise you i know all about my son's citizenship - you can take a deep breath and stop worrying

JohnnyMack
5/27/2011, 09:34 AM
Guys, get off jk's back. This is the new and improved funny jk and I for one applaud the transformation.

jk the sooner fan
5/27/2011, 09:35 AM
jeebus it was just a joke - albeit not very funny - but you know what they say......'baby steps'

Mjcpr
5/27/2011, 09:37 AM
Is this a true story?

sanantoniosooner
5/27/2011, 09:39 AM
How can anything NOT be funny with a name like Netanyahu in it?

Pogue Mahone
5/27/2011, 09:42 AM
You should have run the whole townhall.com column instead o cribbing that piece.

It gets less clever as it goes along.

sanantoniosooner
5/27/2011, 09:43 AM
All of the sudden we're crawling with "sophisticated" people :D

KantoSooner
I took a dump and am now relaxed.

Sorry, my daughter's mom is Japanese. I'm sensitive to the whole issue of robbing her of her US citizen identity. It hasn't been easy to keep.

I'm proud to declare victory, however. She is applying to OU and when asked by a relative what sort of vehicle she aspired to, answered a crimson and cream pick-up.

3000 years of Japanese culture and an extended family numbered in the dozens vs. me and the Disney Corporation. It was a hard fight, but the mouse and I won.

jk the sooner fan
You should have run the whole townhall.com column instead o cribbing that piece.

It gets less clever as it goes along.

i should have - if i had known about it

i posted everything that was in the email i got

LittleElmSooner
Netanyahu and Obama walk into a bar...... Mumble mumble mumble..... "Rectum??? Damn 'near killed 'im!!"

sappstuf
5/27/2011, 09:58 AM
Netanyahu and Obama walk into a bar...... Mumble mumble mumble..... "Rectum??? Damn 'near killed 'im!!"

Netanyahu bragging... "That girl had the nicest set of Golan Heights you ever saw, and a nice tidy Gaza Strip downstairs... If you know what I'm saying..."

The Profit
5/27/2011, 10:04 AM

He was also a German, when he was born because he was born on German soil.

jk the sooner fan
5/27/2011, 10:07 AM
He was also a German, when he was born because he was born on German soil.

actually he was born on a U.S military base - and i believe - according to the Status of Forces agreement - that soil is considered sovereign U.S. soil

regardless, he was born of 2 U.S. citizens and has a birth certificate from the U.S. State Department that reads "U.S. Citizen Born Abroad"

he's never had to worry about "renouncing his dual german citizenship"

Mjcpr
5/27/2011, 10:09 AM
So, he's a Nazi?

Nice.

jk the sooner fan
5/27/2011, 10:10 AM
So, he's a Nazi?

Nice.

pretty much

OutlandTrophy
5/27/2011, 10:10 AM
it's too bad that he cannot join the US military because of his German birth.

jk the sooner fan
5/27/2011, 10:11 AM
it's too bad that he cannot join the US military

yeah he wanted too - but wasnt allowed

OutlandTrophy
5/27/2011, 10:12 AM
turrible

Mjcpr
5/27/2011, 10:13 AM
Doesn't he go to school in West Virginny?

The Profit
5/27/2011, 10:15 AM
Doesn't he go to school in West Virginny?

Oh, that's where SoonerCruiser went to school.

Turd_Ferguson
5/27/2011, 10:16 AM
yeah he wanted too - but wasnt allowedThen who the **** got my care packages I sent? Ya theiv'n prick:mad:

jk the sooner fan
5/27/2011, 10:18 AM
Then who the **** got my care packages I sent? Ya theiv'n prick:mad:

please tell me the angst isnt serious

my son has one of these

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/82/Combat_Infantry_Badge.svg/234px-Combat_Infantry_Badge.svg.png

Turd_Ferguson
5/27/2011, 10:19 AM
please tell me the angst isnt serious

my son has one of these

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/82/Combat_Infantry_Badge.svg/234px-Combat_Infantry_Badge.svg.pngWho me? Serious?:D

OutlandTrophy
5/27/2011, 10:20 AM
:pop:

The Profit
5/27/2011, 10:25 AM
actually he was born on a U.S military base - and i believe - according to the Status of Forces agreement - that soil is considered sovereign U.S. soil

regardless, he was born of 2 U.S. citizens and has a birth certificate from the U.S. State Department that reads "U.S. Citizen Born Abroad"

You are right. I looked it up because I have always wondered this due to growing up in an army town. In order for your child to have been born with German citizenship, you would have to have an 8-year established residency. The exception would be if either you or your wife would have been a German citizen. The hospital really plays no part in the matter. Despite the fact that it was a US Military Hospital, is still on German soil. Even if your son would have been born in a local German hospital, he still would have been born an American.

sappstuf
5/27/2011, 10:26 AM

More interesting is if your wife would have been German. He would have been a German citizen because of his mother and being born there. But would he have been an American citizen? You are under no legal obligation to report the child's birth to the US Consulate and get that certificate. And getting that certificate is the proof of citizenship.

So while that child would have the ability to be an American citizen, would he actually be an American citizen? I'm thinking not..

I'm sure at times in history there were lots of kids born in Vietnam, Thailand and other countries that probably have the ability to be American citizens, but are not recognized as American citizens if the father bailed or never even knew about the child and the proper paperwork was never done.

jk the sooner fan
5/27/2011, 10:27 AM
i have neither the inclination or the energy to debate citizenship any further - you guys can have at it!

Memtig14
5/27/2011, 10:39 AM

:)

JohnnyMack
5/27/2011, 10:45 AM
jk's wife was Eva Braun?

The Profit
5/27/2011, 10:46 AM
jk's wife was Eva Braun?

WOW!!

EnragedOUfan
5/27/2011, 02:06 PM

I'm in the exact situation as you........My daughter was born in Amberg, Germany in a German hospital. Me and the wife are US citizens. Had to mail the youngons German birth certificate and our American birth certificates to the US Consulate office in Frankfurt, then received back her Consular Report of Birth Abroad and the German birth certificate and ours, then mailed in her Consular Report and our birth certificates to Social Security, and then had to get her passport...........I get what you're saying, but if my daughter ran for POTUS, she's a natual American citizen in my eyes. She was created from Americans and thats what matters..........

The Profit
5/27/2011, 02:07 PM
I'm in the exact situation as you........My daughter was born in Amberg, Germany in a German hospital. Me and the wife are US citizens. Had to mail the youngons German birth certificate and our American birth certificates to the US Consulate office in Frankfurt, then received back her Consular Report of Birth Abroad and the German birth certificate and ours, then mailed in her Consular Report and our birth certificates to Social Security, and then had to get her passport...........I get what you're saying, but if my daughter ran for POTUS, she's a natual American citizen in my eyes. She was created from Americans and thats what matters..........

And you would be right even if only one of the parents was American.

EnragedOUfan
5/27/2011, 02:10 PM
And you would be right even if only one of the parents was American.

Exactly. You're right. All its takes is one.

jk the sooner fan
5/27/2011, 02:11 PM
depends on when you were born, and some other circumstances

http://www.visalaw.com/05jan1/2jan105.html

EnragedOUfan
5/27/2011, 02:17 PM
jk, where was your kid born? I'm trying to think of all the places where he could have been born on base/post........Landstuhl?? When I was in Hohenfels and Ansbach, they referred everyone off post to the German OBGYN, which were pretty good......

jk the sooner fan
5/27/2011, 02:18 PM
130th Station Hospital - Heidelberg - the same floor where Patton was pronounced dead!

EnragedOUfan
5/27/2011, 02:24 PM
Interesting.......I'm sure you have to, but it was an experience for me when I visited the Luxembourg American Cemetary and General Patton's grave........

JohnnyMack
5/27/2011, 02:25 PM
130th Station Hospital - Heidelberg - the same floor where Patton was pronounced dead!

And who hated Patton?

Nazis.

I think you see where I'm heading with this...

jk the sooner fan
5/27/2011, 02:29 PM
Interesting.......I'm sure you have to, but it was an experience for me when I visited the Luxembourg American Cemetary and General Patton's grave........

actually i never got there.....unfortunately

i was stationed in Mannheim from 83 to 87 - quite some time ago

The Profit
5/27/2011, 02:32 PM

My best friend is from Mannheim. In fact, he is over there right now for a couple of weeks. Getting back to Patton; he was my favorite American general during WWII. He was a little on the edge, but his men loved him. It is hard to believe, but he really had a very high-pitched voice. Nothing like the voice of George C. Scott. You can actually google up the speech he gave at the LA Coliseum after the war ended.

jk the sooner fan
5/27/2011, 02:33 PM
his men loved him? hmm, i'm not so sure about that - my youngest is a military history major at West Point and really isnt all that fond of Patton

he got things done but I always found Omar Bradley to be a more effective leader

jk the sooner fan
5/27/2011, 02:35 PM
i think his men respected Patton - but i dont think they liked him

the officers serving under him feared him in a major way

Jammin'
5/27/2011, 02:42 PM
All very successful commanders are prima donnas and must be so treated. Pistol's Firing!

Patton smack mixd with Hunziker smack is the best kinda smack.

KantoSooner
5/27/2011, 02:47 PM
Bradley and Ridgway were probably the two most talented US generals of the war.
Patton the most feared by the enemy. He got things done, but also spent his men's lives at a ferocious pace. Not so bad as MacArthur on that score, though.

TopDawg
5/27/2011, 05:06 PM

Good steamrollers there.

soonercruiser
5/27/2011, 09:07 PM
Althoiugh....The premise-ridiculousness of the Dear President letter's point is well taken!

Bow to the Emperor of the World.

The Profit
5/27/2011, 09:08 PM
Althoiugh....The premise-ridiculousness of the Dear President letter's point is well taken!

Bow to the Emperor of the World.

Oh quit it...