PDA

View Full Version : **** him.

olevetonahill
5/27/2011, 04:17 AM
He can kiss my Grits.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110527/ap_on_go_co/us_patriot_act

yermom
5/27/2011, 04:21 AM
Dear Leader knows best. I would never disagree with what Big Brother decides.

yermom
5/27/2011, 04:22 AM
If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to worry about.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/05/secret-patriot-act/

yermom
5/27/2011, 04:23 AM
I would never disagree with what Big Brother decides.

i mean this in the least racist way possible :D

delhalew
5/27/2011, 09:17 AM

That's even more ****ed up than what Rand Paul brought before the Senate about police trying to find out who owns firearms, and they still extended it.

Vote Ron Paul.

DIB
5/27/2011, 09:57 AM
http://disinfo.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Brewster.jpg

NormanPride
5/27/2011, 10:40 AM
Ugh, **** this government. I love America and it's people, but damn the people that run this place suck goat balls. Ugh.

delhalew
5/27/2011, 11:04 AM
Ugh, **** this government. I love America and it's people, but damn the people that run this place suck goat ballis. Ugh.

Truth. That's why the only leader I can get excited about is someone willing to make drastic changes to pull back scope of government. Anything else is masturbation.

Romulus
5/27/2011, 11:14 AM
Do you think it was cause the Patriot Act the govt knew about your gator?

2121Sooner
5/27/2011, 11:17 AM
NFM

And I will wait for the obligatory Ben Franklin liberties and security post from someone

soonercruiser
5/27/2011, 09:29 PM
i mean this in the least racist way possible :D

...half, least racist!

GKeeper316
5/27/2011, 09:48 PM
Truth. That's why the only leader I can get excited about is someone willing to make drastic changes to pull back scope of government. Anything else is masturbation.

i would be more impressed by, and inclined to vote for, any candidate who won't take money from PACs.

i gotta disagree with the president on this one. patriot act is plain flat out tyranny. thank you cheney/rumsfeld... for the most intrusive legislation america has ever seen.

Chuck Bao
5/28/2011, 04:25 AM
I agree with everyone's posts. Even without the Patriot Act, Big Brother can spy on all communication overseas, including this post. If you think that they can't and aren't spying on Americans in the US, you would be mistaken.

I guess that we are just arguing whether it should be legal or not, right or wrong, whether personal liberty and privacy would be worth much anyway since it has already been compromised by the corporate sector.

I was a bit shocked that the websites I hit get recorded and somebody, okay a lot of people, already know that I visit OU, Baylor football related websites. They even know what books that I am interested in on Amazon.com and that I am a gay man.

I am sensitive to this sort of thing because I just read that the Thai Police arrested an American man yesterday because his blog FOUR YEARS AGO linked to a book that was and is still banned in Thailand. I am not going to say if I have that book or not (just in case someone in listening in).

I was gonna say that it really doesn't matter because they're gonna do it anyway. However, the message that extending the Patriot Act sends to the rest of the world may be just as important to literally billions of people. Overseas governments can do the same and the US can't criticize them without appearing as a hypocrite.

diverdog
5/28/2011, 05:12 AM
Again, I would like to know if this is effective. We have just killed OBL and it is likely if there are any sleeper cells in the US their plans have been moved up a lot and we may need some sort of tool to find them. What I don't know is if this is the tool.

delhalew
5/28/2011, 08:02 AM
Again, I would like to know if this is effective. We have just killed OBL and it is likely if there are any sleeper cells in the US their plans have been moved up a lot and we may need some sort of tool to find them. What I don't know is if this is the tool.

Of course it's effective. It's a shortcut around the Constitution for law enforcement. That doesn't make it ok.

delhalew
5/28/2011, 08:04 AM
I agree with everyone's posts. Even without the Patriot Act, Big Brother can spy on all communication overseas, including this post. If you think that they can't and aren't spying on Americans in the US, you would be mistaken.

I guess that we are just arguing whether it should be legal or not, right or wrong, whether personal liberty and privacy would be worth much anyway sipnce it has already been compromised by the corporate sector.

I was a bit shocked that the websites I hit get recorded and somebody, okay a lot of people, already know that I visit OU, Baylor football related websites. They even know what books that I am interested in on Amazon.com and that I am a gay man.

I am sensitive to this sort of thing because I just read that the Thai Police arrested an American man yesterday because his blog FOUR YEARS AGO linked to a book that was and is still banned in Thailand. I am not going to say if I have that book or not (just in case someone in listening in).

I was gonna say that it really doesn't matter because they're gonna do it anyway. However, the message that extending the Patriot Act sends to the rest of the world may be just as important to literally billions of people. Overseas governments can do the same and the US can't criticize them without appearing as a hypocrite.

Good point, Chuck.

soonercoop1
5/28/2011, 08:15 AM

We do if we profile muslims...so we either give up many of our earned freedoms or profile muslims....

Curly Bill
5/28/2011, 08:29 AM
We do if we profile muslims...so we either give up many of our earned freedoms or profile muslims....

I'm all for profiling Muslims, but we'd have to start with the POTUS, so that ain't gonna wash. :D

delhalew
5/28/2011, 08:35 AM
Profiling works great in Israeli airports. Only because they take the problem seriously. The downside is that they don't get to touch the privates of near as many children, as our TSA does.

Curly Bill
5/28/2011, 08:40 AM
Seriously though, we're not gonna openly profile anybody because we're more serious about political correctness than we are actual security. So, we have the Patriot Act so we can violate everyones civil rights, as opposed to pizzing off the Muslims.

delhalew
5/28/2011, 08:46 AM
The key is, as wrong as the Patriot Act is on it's face, the abuses are becoming clearer every day.

It's up to us to make clear we don't support it, and elect leaders who don't see the Constitution as a punchline.

C&CDean
5/28/2011, 09:27 AM
Hope and change baby. Hope. And. Chaaaaaaange.

StoopTroup
5/28/2011, 09:59 AM
Ugh, **** this government. I love America and it's people, but damn the people that run this place suck goat balls. Ugh.

Thank you....

I've tried to explain a few times about how bad this **** is....

Honestly.....Please Lord....Find us a Republican that isn't a Texan and not Bat **** crazy and raising Cain or razing grizzlies.....

delhalew
5/28/2011, 11:20 AM
Thank you....

I've tried to explain a few times about how bad this **** is....

Honestly.....Please Lord....Find us a Republican that isn't a Texan and not Bat **** crazy and raising Cain or razing grizzlies.....

Sorry. Only someone who's bat**** crazy is going to willing to take the steps needed.

Sooner_Tuf
5/28/2011, 11:25 AM
Hope and change baby. Hope. And. Chaaaaaaange.

Yes, we can!

Now I don't have to worry about how I am going to pay for my house or how i am going to put gas in my car.

StoopTroup
5/28/2011, 11:38 AM
Sorry. Only someone who's bat**** crazy is going to willing to take the steps needed.

Well....I don't think that person has appeared yet

AlboSooner
5/28/2011, 12:01 PM
Disappointing news from the guy so many of us had high hopes.

yermom
5/28/2011, 12:01 PM
W 2.0

delhalew
5/28/2011, 12:04 PM
Well....I don't think that person has appeared yet

Ron Paul would veto these provisions.

AlboSooner
5/28/2011, 11:09 PM

The act itself has such an Orwellian name.

2121Sooner
5/28/2011, 11:40 PM
I am just shocked so many disciples have turned against the Messiah so quickly

yermom
5/29/2011, 01:37 AM
i was never really a "disciple" but it didn't take very long for him to **** on the promises he made