PDA

View Full Version : BBCOR Bats

hvhurricane
5/26/2011, 09:59 PM
Has there been any other team that has been more affected by these crappy bats than OU? These bats have less power than wood bats. They should just switch to wood if they are going to stick with these things. I much prefer the older bats. The NCAA has taken it from one extreme to the other with these bats and it has really hurt the game, IMO. This isn't national league MLB. These are college kids. Let them hit.

BlackwellSooner
5/26/2011, 10:27 PM
I doubt if college ball ever goes back to wood, although I have always preferred it, myself.

perryj
5/27/2011, 08:52 AM
I agree that these bats have hurt the college game, and this particular OU squad, at a time when it is starting to pick up in popularity. No one liked the 15-13 marathons but the casual fan isn't going to get excited about 3-2 games with a bunch of bunting and hit and runs. The NCAA needs to find a happy medium on this one. NO ONE likes the BBCOR bats.

IndySooner
5/27/2011, 09:00 AM
I'm glad people are coming around to this. I wrote an article pretty early in the season slamming the bats. They're horrible.

I don't know if anyone's been hurt as much as us, but I'm 100% positive no one's been hurt more. This team's built for the big inning and these bats don't allow for the big inning. They are Augie Garrido's dream. Hell, maybe they're his idea?

perryj
5/27/2011, 09:08 AM
If they aren't Augie's idea we should go ahead and blame it on him anyway!

rysooner
5/27/2011, 09:23 AM
I agree that these bats have hurt the college game, and this particular OU squad, at a time when it is starting to pick up in popularity. No one liked the 15-13 marathons but the casual fan isn't going to get excited about 3-2 games with a bunch of bunting and hit and runs. The NCAA needs to find a happy medium on this one. NO ONE likes the BBCOR bats.

Wrong, the pitcher's love them.

Soonerjeepman
5/27/2011, 10:58 AM
KS High schools are going to those bats next yr...yippie...

UGH~

perryj
5/27/2011, 11:01 AM
KS High schools are going to those bats next yr...yippie...

UGH~

They might as well just go to wiffle ball

IndySooner
5/27/2011, 12:02 PM
[/B]

Wrong, the pitcher's love them.

Good point. They're making some pitchers a LOT of money this year.

hvhurricane
5/28/2011, 01:01 PM
I don't know about the pitcher's theory. Take Rocha for example. He probably really benefited from the bats, but is he going to get drafted any higher than he already would have? Probably not. Of course, he didn't even get taken last year so it will be interesting to see what happens.

tulsaoilerfan
5/28/2011, 07:12 PM
Rumor has it that Oklahoma High Schools will be using these crappy bats next season also; not sure if its been confirmed yet though

StoopTroup
5/28/2011, 07:31 PM
Why don't they use what the Major's use?

StoopTroup
5/28/2011, 07:33 PM
Stuff like this is insane IMO....

http://www.slugger.com/tips/batpicker.html

StoopTroup
5/28/2011, 07:36 PM
You can vote on it....

http://compositebats.com/best-bbcor-baseball-bat/

JiminyChristmas
5/29/2011, 09:52 PM
Yes, Oklahoma high schools are using them next year as well.

Pillmanj
5/30/2011, 01:38 PM
You can vote on it....

http://compositebats.com/best-bbcor-baseball-bat/

Reading some of the comments...What is everyone's thoughts on OU using Nike bats??? I am 18 years removed from my playing days so Nike didnt make bats then, but I sure did like what Easton produced.

C&CDean
5/30/2011, 03:13 PM
When I played baseball, there was no such thing as aluminum bats. IMO, they ruined the game by bringing them in. Hell, even when I started playing softball we had wood for the first couple years before aluminum came out.

They should switch to wood for every level. That way kids are comfortable with what they'll be swinging all the way through little league, legion ball, high school/college, and pros. There's a whole bunch of hot high school/college hitters who never can make it in the pros because they're not actually good hitters in reality. They've relied on those POS "ping" bats to produce hits/homers out of weak ground outs/fly outs. I hate aluminum. Go to wood.