PDA

View Full Version : Is this Right or Wrong?

SoonerNate
5/26/2011, 06:25 PM
I will let the rest of you discuss. I don't want to take sides in political debates here.

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/stephen-gutowski/2011/05/26/video-dc-liberals-sign-petition-ban-conservative-websites

"The undersigned hereby adamantly demand that the United States government shut down right wing hate sites. The hate speech propagated by sites like the Drudge Report, Hot Air, Instapundit, Big Government, and others must not be allowed to corrupt our political discourse any longer. These sites are dangerous not only to truth and freedom but also to our society as a whole. BAN THEM NOW!"

Read more: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/stephen-gutowski/2011/05/26/video-dc-liberals-sign-petition-ban-conservative-websites#ixzz1NVJZWnMU

C&CDean
5/26/2011, 06:32 PM
It's encouraging to see that when you quit the board it's about the exact same as when ST quits the board. Blood brothers, and ****.

Carry on, I sorta enjoy both of you knuckleheads.

2121Sooner
5/26/2011, 06:35 PM
So does this mean that the SouthOval will be shutting down?

This place hates the right

SoonerNate
5/26/2011, 06:35 PM
LOL.

SoonerNate
5/26/2011, 06:37 PM
Whatever I have to do so that you guys don't think I'm RLIMC behind my back.

hawaii 5-0
5/26/2011, 06:39 PM
I don't want to take sides in political debates here.

LOLOLOL !!!!!!!

5-0

Trump/ SpongeBob 2012

MR2-Sooner86
5/26/2011, 06:39 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/06/11/article-0-054BD83F000005DC-981_233x423.jpg

Remember kids, when you point at somebody, you have three fingers pointing back at you.

SoonerNate
5/26/2011, 06:59 PM
I'm pretty proud of my opinions and I can't change them. So to be fair, I'll try to remain off the politics board so that I don't make an *** out of myself.

It's all guys, no hard feelings whatsoever.

We're all Sooners here.

BOOMER!

hawaii 5-0
5/26/2011, 07:48 PM
It's because we're all Sooners that we already cut you so much slack Nate.

5-0

Trump/ Zippy 2012

Blue
5/26/2011, 07:56 PM
Drudge is my homepage. F that, dude.

SoCaliSooner
5/26/2011, 08:23 PM
Drudge is my homepage. F that, dude.

Drudge just basically provides links to other online articles, so you can't really call his site "hate speech". If the far left disagrees with what is said, they label it "hate speech". When libs do it, it's patriotic dissention.

Tulsa_Fireman
5/26/2011, 08:34 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/06/11/article-0-054BD83F000005DC-981_233x423.jpg

Remember kids, when you point at somebody, you have three fingers pointing back at you.

That's why when I point at someone, I just waggle all my fingers at them.

FIVE TIMES THE POINTING POWER. NO BLAME FOR ME.

SactoSooner
5/26/2011, 08:39 PM
Wrong...and I'm a staunch liberal who grew up in Berkeley during the '60s. Last I checked, even Westboro Church had their hate speech protected by SCOTUS (not implying the right-wing news sites are full of hate speech).

Blue
5/26/2011, 08:56 PM
Drudge just basically provides links to other online articles, so you can't really call his site "hate speech". If the far left disagrees with what is said, they label it "hate speech". When libs do it, it's patriotic dissention.

He's a little on the alarmist sensational side, but I likey.

Chuck Bao
5/26/2011, 09:13 PM
Oh boy, more comic book politics. More BAM, WHAM, SOCK-EM, ROCK-EM. Holy **** Batman.

Seriously dude, you posted an article and a link to "Newsbusters - Exposing and Combating Liberal Media Bias" and the best that you can produce is a comment that you don't want to enter political debates here?

Gosh, I wish that I had thought of that.

C&CDean
5/26/2011, 09:16 PM
Chuckpwned.

SoonerNate
5/26/2011, 11:54 PM
Offseason humor, I love this. LMAO

StoopTroup
5/26/2011, 11:56 PM
It's encouraging to see that when you quit the board it's about the exact same as when ST quits the board. Blood brothers, and ****.

What does that mean?

I just woke my wife up and had her check for knuckles....She said everything was copacetic...

SoonerNate
5/26/2011, 11:57 PM
It's because we're all Sooners that we already cut you so much slack Nate.

5-0

Trump/ Zippy 2012

Listen hippie, If I'm banned I could care less. I'm an adult and a CPA. I don't really care. I'm not here to conform to your kumbaya ways. I do hate that so many of my fellow Sooner breatheren are illiterate to economics. That's all. Carry on. It's nothing personal though. You'd be the first person I'd give my last beer to in the parking lot at the tailgate.

StoopTroup
5/27/2011, 12:14 AM
^^^Ruprecht started it!

http://www.papatodd.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/ruprecht-1.jpg

StoopTroup
5/27/2011, 12:15 AM
I'm just here till football season....

I'm laying down serious jack that we kill teh whorns....

http://www.christianschneiderblog.com/wp-content/uploads/blogger/blogger/244/1076/1600/dirty%20rotten%20scoundrels_jpg1.jpg

soonerloyal
6/12/2011, 04:21 PM
EVERY voice has a right to speak. Not every voice is worth listening to.

Frozen Sooner
6/12/2011, 04:36 PM
I do hate that so many of my fellow Sooner breatheren are illiterate

Why don't they call it Roundtine?

soonercruiser
6/12/2011, 07:09 PM

Bingo!
You can take the opening post and change the words to "LW hate....Huffington Post, Daily Kos, LA Slimes", and it would be the same foolish request against free speech.
...albeit dumb speech! :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
6/12/2011, 07:17 PM

I didn't quit....

It just wasn't fun around here anymore.

People who like to argue about **** that they can't change even if they had Bill Gates money amaze me. I had enough of it so I took a week off.

StoopTroup
6/12/2011, 07:18 PM

Agreed.

King Barry's Back
6/12/2011, 07:46 PM

That's exactly right. I can't imagine that I would call for any far-left, wacky liberals to be shut up by the government, nor would I call for right-wing discourse to be shut up. If someone lies, it's up to the listener to figure it out.
I'm certainly not a fan of hate speech, but sometimes a person hates another person, and I am not sure it would be good for society to make it illegal for them to admit it.

John Kochtoston
6/12/2011, 08:24 PM
Why don't they call it Roundtine?

Agreed. It's just one more letter for kids to decode with their Little Orphan Annie Decoder Rings. Perhaps if we'd stop coddling our children with easy cryptography, and start expecting them to pull themselves up by their cheap plastic trinkets, our country wouldn't be in the mess it's in.

StoopTroup
6/12/2011, 08:41 PM
That's exactly right. I can't imagine that I would call for any far-left, wacky liberals to be shut up by the government, nor would I call for right-wing discourse to be shut up. If someone lies, it's up to the listener to figure it out.
I'm certainly not a fan of hate speech, but sometimes a person hates another person, and I am not sure it would be good for society to make it illegal for them to admit it.

I noticed that the City of Tulsa is selling permits so kids can set off fireworks in the city this year.

Maybe they should sell hate speech permits? ;)

Tulsa_Fireman
6/13/2011, 08:35 AM
I noticed that the City of Tulsa is selling permits so kids can set off fireworks in the city this year.

Maybe they should sell hate speech permits? ;)

They already do.

They're called "Mayoral Executive Orders".

The Profit
6/13/2011, 08:48 AM
Listen hippie, If I'm banned I could care less. I'm an adult and a CPA. I don't really care. I'm not here to conform to your kumbaya ways. I do hate that so many of my fellow Sooner breatheren are illiterate to economics. That's all. Carry on. It's nothing personal though. You'd be the first person I'd give my last beer to in the parking lot at the tailgate.

Is that the same as saying, "I'm 40, I'm a man??