View Full Version : CP3 for Russell Westbrook

JohnnyMack
5/26/2011, 02:01 PM
Would you make the trade?

Why or why not.

I'll take your answer off the air.

Sooner74
5/26/2011, 02:17 PM
NO. While Westbrook has potential, he also has flaws. CP3 is a much more respected player in the league and it would be foolish to trade for Westbrook.

No disrespect to Westbrook because he is a very elite player, but I don't know if he has the basketball prescence at least for a couple more years. Youth isn't the issue. His maturity is.

Partial Qualifier
5/26/2011, 02:19 PM
No, just based on semantics because what in the world would the Hornets do with an over-the-hill DB/Punt Returner?

BillyBall
5/26/2011, 02:27 PM
I'm not sure CP3 would fit in well with the Redskins.

JohnnyMack
5/26/2011, 02:27 PM
I hate you all.

Partial Qualifier
5/26/2011, 02:57 PM
:D

Sooner98
5/26/2011, 02:58 PM
Sure, Courtney Paris would give us a much needed inside presence, but can we really rely on Eric Maynor at the PG position?

;)

Partial Qualifier
5/26/2011, 03:03 PM
Idunno man, CP3 is a great PG but it's hard to say if he'd be a great fit with the Thunder. Not sure CP3 can sustain defenseive effort as long as Westbrook, and I think the Thunder coaches like the idea of 'hybrid' guards like Westbrook and Harden, although I believe CP3 could grow into that role.

Someone on the radio this morning asked: "Would you trade Perkins and Westbrook for Dwight Howard?" I'd have to go with: not just 'yes', but 'hell yes'. No offense to Westbrook, because I'd miss him and I don't think Maynor could fill his starting-role shoes so we';d have to figure something out at point guard, but uhh, yeah.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/26/2011, 03:05 PM
I heard that call too..Also heard the dude "willing" to give up the dudes at the end of the Thunder bench for 1st round picks, etc...It is nice to draw up fantasy trades...That's why I am hoping the Luke Walton to the Clippers for Blake Griffin work out..

Partial Qualifier
5/26/2011, 03:06 PM
Luke Walton for Blake Griffin?? Damn, that IS a fantasy. ;)

JohnnyMack
5/26/2011, 03:55 PM

You'll find most of his fantasys involve tall, athletic men.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/26/2011, 04:37 PM

Much like a fantasy trade of Westbrook and Perkins for Howard...That's why mentioned such a ridiculous trade...Listening to some of those Thunder callers this morning, I heard some of the most one sided stupid trades in the history of daydreaming...

Dwight Howard wants no part of an OKC market...I want no part of Luke Walton wearing my team's jersey anymore..It works out for me.

Partial Qualifier
5/26/2011, 05:05 PM
Oh I know. Plus it'd probably take something more like Westbrook, Perkins, and 3 first round draft picks or something.

Luke Walton's a doosh but I've grown to like his dad. Dude's a freak.

pappy
5/26/2011, 08:21 PM
Isn't Chris Paul a free agent once the playoffs are over?! I thought I heard this in which case the ideal situation would be sign Chris Paul and trade Westbrook to the Cavs for the #1 pick and draft either Enes Kanter 6'11" PF/C or Derrick Williams 6'9" SF/PF my preference being Kanter.

BillyBall
5/26/2011, 08:29 PM
Im still looking for a good Punt Returner to **** **** up for the Thunder. Money in the bag, lubing the deals...

silverwheels
5/26/2011, 08:40 PM
CP3 is a tool. I'd rather have Westbrook.

Eielson
5/26/2011, 10:16 PM
Everybody knows CP3 is headed to Miami.

ouleaf
5/26/2011, 10:17 PM
Isn't Chris Paul a free agent once the playoffs are over?! I thought I heard this in which case the ideal situation would be sign Chris Paul and trade Westbrook to the Cavs for the #1 pick and draft either Enes Kanter 6'11" PF/C or Derrick Williams 6'9" SF/PF my preference being Kanter.

No, CP3 is still due $16MM next season and has a player option for the 12/13 season for almost $18MM. So any scenario involving CP3 would have to involve a trade, which will probably be very difficult to pull of with the Hornets financial/ownership status a mess.

yankee
5/26/2011, 10:31 PM
Idunno man, CP3 is a great PG but it's hard to say if he'd be a great fit with the Thunder. Not sure CP3 can sustain defenseive effort as long as Westbrook, and I think the Thunder coaches like the idea of 'hybrid' guards like Westbrook and Harden, although I believe CP3 could grow into that role.

Chris Paul has been first or second NBA All-defensive team 3 times in his career. He's easily one of the best defensive PG's in the NBA.

Mixer!
5/27/2011, 01:06 AM
Not just NO, but HELL NO.

stoopified
5/30/2011, 09:37 PM
I'm not sure CP3 would fit in well with the Redskins.I dunno,Maybe Courtney could play TE.

My Opinion Matters
5/31/2011, 07:28 AM
Westbrook for Kyle Lowry and Luis Scola. No, really.

bigfatjerk
5/31/2011, 07:30 AM
Westbrook will be one of the top PGs in the league for the next decade. CP3 is good but not Westbrook good. Throw in another player and a draft pick and I may make that mo ve.

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/31/2011, 07:35 AM
As for the Blake Griffin/Luke Walton thing...you say it is crazy but you forget Blake Griffin plays for the Clippers so go for the craziest possible scenario...

pappy
6/1/2011, 07:13 PM
Westbrook will be one of the top PGs in the league for the next decade. CP3 is good but not Westbrook good. Throw in another player and a draft pick and I may make that mo ve.

Is John Wall better than Chris Paul? If you say no then you should re-think your statement about Westbrook being better than CP3 because Wall and Westbrook have almost identical stats.

Scott D
6/1/2011, 07:29 PM
I heard that call too..Also heard the dude "willing" to give up the dudes at the end of the Thunder bench for 1st round picks, etc...It is nice to draw up fantasy trades...That's why I am hoping the Luke Walton to the Clippers for Blake Griffin work out..

you never know with ole Donald Sterling...although it might be tough to convince him (in his words) to let another ****** off of his "plantation".

royalfan5
6/2/2011, 11:46 AM
Aren't Paul's knees damn near shot?

soonerbrat
6/2/2011, 03:59 PM
You'll find most of his fantasys involve tall, athletic men.

mine too.