PDA

View Full Version : Thursday poll: Which Big 12 teams will be bowl eligible

badger
5/26/2011, 11:05 AM
This of course will not include the traitors of the Big 12, Colorado and Nebrasky. :mad:

You can view each team's schedule here. (http://www.big12sports.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&SPID=13139&SPSID=106580) I'll post em here later if I'm not feeling lazy.

Remember that is takes SIX wins to become bowl eligible.

Please vote for all of them or none of them (well, vote for at least one, the Big 12 is tied to the corrupt Fiesta Bowl). Four days of voting. Anonymous voting and you can't change your vote once cast.

ALSO, if it matters, which is doesn't, the Big 12 has NINE bowl tie-ins, so if you want to know a good number of boxes to check, try to aim for NINE... or eight. EIGHT, actually :D

(or nine if you expect two BCS berths, hehe)

Those tie-ins, which are listed so incredibly officially here (http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=1522896), are BCS (read: Fiesta if not MNC), Cotton, Holiday, Gator, Alamo, Sun, Insight, Independence, Texas. The Big 12 only gets the Gator or the Sun, not both.

badger
5/26/2011, 11:11 AM
Note: All Big 12 teams will face each other once this season, so I'm not gonna list them!

Baylor opponents: TCU, SFA, Rice
ISU opponents: Northern Iowa, Iowa, @UConn
Kansas opponents: McNeese State, Northern Illinois, @Ga Tech
KSU opponents: Eastern Kentucky, Kent State, @ Miami (FL)
Mizz opponents: Miami (OH), @ Az State, Western Illinois
OU opponents: Tulsa, @ FSU, Ball State
OSU opponents: U-La-La, Arizona, @Tulsa
UT opponents: Rice, BYU, @ UCLA
A&M opponents: SMU, Idaho, Arkansas (at Jerryworld)
Tech opponents: Texas State, @ New Mexico, Nevada

deweydw
5/26/2011, 11:16 AM
OU
K-State
Pokes
A&M
Mizzu

badger
5/26/2011, 11:23 AM
Note: You should only leave one or two boxes unchecked, based on your BCS predictions of one berth or two berths.

I see you're all unanimously laughing at Kansas :D

LakeRat
5/26/2011, 11:49 AM
Who didn't vote for Missouri? Help me with that please.

Think Texass struggles hard core and has 4 or 5 close losses with 3 drummings. A&M and little brother both have great years. TT makes a bowl, but is wondering what happened to the pirate. I can't see Iowa state being consistent enough to get W's.

badger
5/26/2011, 12:49 PM
Who didn't vote for Missouri? Help me with that please.

T'wasn't me, but I can probably think of good reasons each team could miss bowl seasons:

In Mizzou's case, they just lost both QB's named Gabbert. While the younger one likely won't matter, the first round draft picked one definitely will.

Just for fun:

ISU: A tough road schedule could put a damper on even the most spirited Rhoads motivational speech.

Baylor: Because they're Baylor.

KU: Turner Gill had a rough start last year and there's absolutely no indication that this year will be any different... and they'll likely lose to Georgia Tech this time around, unlike last year.

KSU: Snyder can't keep this up forever. I expect a good sig win this season (hopefully not us) even if they miss the bowls.

OSU: As funny as Dana's been in WVU so far, they are going to miss him this year, even if they retain their starting QB and stud WR. A lack of defense to match their usually sound offense will definitely hurt.

OU: When I look back at seasons where we had fewer wins than expected, it was usually due to a lot of turnover in talent (graduation, draft) or injuries. Since we didn't have a lot of grads or NFL jumpers the only way we miss bowl season is injuries, heaven forbid.

A&M: I think because of a three-way-tie for the Big 12 South with us, people forgot that they (a) only had a 9-win season, and (b) started the season 3-3. Yes, they beat us AT HOME (and they play us in Norman this year) and they had a huge win vs Nebraska... or was it? A record Kyle Field crowd and you could only muster a 9-6 victory?! A lot of memories of A&M 2010 mediocrity seem to be getting re-written.

Tech: They were one of five teams to lose to Texas last year, therefore there must be some level of suck in them somewhere still. They also might get a false sense of confidence when they beat New Mexico by 100 or so. It's New Mexico. You're supposed to win by 100 or so!

Texas: If it happened last year, it d@mn sure can happen again, especially with the non-conference schedule they have (BYU, UCLA on the road).

texaspokieokie
5/26/2011, 03:17 PM
i think that people who think tx will be anywhere nearly as bad as they were last year, are gonna be surprised.

cdlbdd
5/26/2011, 03:43 PM
i think that people who think tx will be anywhere nearly as bad as they were last year, are gonna be surprised.

agree

badger
5/26/2011, 03:48 PM
After last season, would anything regarding Texas surprise anyone at this point?

If it was discovered that half of the whorns were roiding, yet they were still weaklings because they apparently injected their shoulder pads instead of their shoulders, would anyone be surprised?

If it was discovered that the whorn stadium capacity was actually not 100k but actually 10k, because some Austin math whiz misplaced a decimal point and 90k whorn fans misplaced their tickets in favor of their comfy couch and big screen TV at home, would anyone be surprised?

If it was discovered that Mack Brown was already retired but his UT pension was so high that it equalled his pre-retirement salary and nobody bothered to tell him that he was no longer coach so he kept showing up to clap repeatedly, would anyone be surprised?

If UT was once again bowl ineligible, but thousands burnt orange t-shirts showed up to bowl games out of boredom anyway across the country, would anyone be surprised?

tfoolry
5/26/2011, 03:51 PM
Bird mascots don't go bowling.

bmjlr
5/26/2011, 04:17 PM
Missouri
OSU
OU
Texas
Texas A&M

SoonerofAlabama
5/26/2011, 04:18 PM
I think I only said four.

agoo758
5/26/2011, 05:40 PM
Baylor is getting too much love.

A Sooner in Texas
5/26/2011, 07:32 PM
Everybody 'cept Texas. :D :texan:

MichiganSooner
5/26/2011, 09:36 PM
Sooners going for Big 12 and National Championship. That is all I care about.

Wondering if a team will be bowl eligible with a 6 win and 6 loss season is stuff for lOSUr fans to discuss.

SoonerofAlabama
5/26/2011, 10:32 PM
Wow, Kansas and Iowa State have no chance next year.