PDA

View Full Version : TCU and Arkansas both lose

IndySooner
5/26/2011, 12:17 AM
We're not out of the hosting picture yet, believe it or not. This is a crazy year. TCU lost to New Mexico today. Horrible loss. Second time they've lost to the Lobos this year. Arkansas lost to Alabama and faces an elimination game first thing in the morning.

I wouldn't want to be the committee this year. National seed picture isn't clear. Hosting picture isn't clear. Bubble is as murky as it could possibly be.

NMSooner'80
5/26/2011, 12:43 PM
Toads had the bases loaded and no outs in the bottom of the 9th but couldn't score even the tying run. :D Maybe the Lobo kiddie corps has figured out finally.

bcolston15
5/26/2011, 04:08 PM
With the win today we still have a chance...

perryj
5/27/2011, 08:54 AM
I don't know how much of a chance we have but TCU should have absolutely no chance.

IndySooner
5/27/2011, 08:56 AM
I don't know how much of a chance we have but TCU should have absolutely no chance.

I agree, but I'm not sure the committee will. I can't figure out how we drop in the RPI after beating Tech but they climb after beating BYU.

NMSooner'80
5/27/2011, 11:13 AM
FWIW, UNM is in the championship game of the MWC tourney. I still think it'd be a shocker if they win it, but they are 3-0 in the tournament and both TCU and Utah have a loss each. They play today, then the winner gets the Lobos tonight. If UNM wins this thing, they'll either be 20-39 or 20-40, but still NCAA bound for the second straight year.

Soonerjeepman
5/27/2011, 11:17 AM
FWIW, UNM is in the championship game of the MWC tourney. I still think it'd be a shocker if they win it, but they are 3-0 in the tournament and both TCU and Utah have a loss each. They play today, then the winner gets the Lobos tonight. If UNM wins this thing, they'll either be 20-39 or 20-40, but still NCAA bound for the second straight year.

and didn't we sweep them 4-0 just a few weeks ago?

NMSooner'80
5/27/2011, 10:27 PM
and didn't we sweep them 4-0 just a few weeks ago?

Yep, that's correct. And OU also went 2-0 vs. TCU and has won at least 8 in a row against them head-to-head.

NMSooner'80
5/28/2011, 08:40 AM
I hope this result from last night ended the notion that TCU deserves to host over OU. FINAL: Lobos 4, Toadies 2. This should also knock Utah out of an at-large bid, but the more important thing is that TCU gacked in what should have been an easy tournament sweep.

This also means a 39-loss team gets into the bracket as the automatic qualifier. But I can't say that I mind that this year ( :D ) as a UNM employee.

hvhurricane
5/28/2011, 01:03 PM
I really don't think we have any shot to host. TCU shouldn't, either. With that said, we got a national seed two years ago when we didn't have the credentials. Who knows what they are going to come out of those meetings deciding. We play really poorly on the road, so I really don't like our chances wherever we end up.