PDA

View Full Version : Dear Sprint,

proud gonzo
5/25/2011, 10:04 PM
**** you and your crappy overpriced paperweights.

JohnnyMack
5/25/2011, 10:06 PM
It's called an iPhone. Maybe you've heard of it?

delhalew
5/25/2011, 10:10 PM
It's called an iPhone. Maybe you've heard of it?

You're gonna come with At&t now? That's just evil. I hope you at least have the decency to recommend verizon...they do the iterd now don't they?

AlboSooner
5/25/2011, 10:11 PM
they all overcharge. ATT is being sued for overcharging people.

delhalew
5/25/2011, 10:15 PM
they all overcharge. ATT is being sued for overcharging people.

If you ever leave the country with an At&t phone turned on you're looking at thousands of dollars.

afs
5/25/2011, 10:18 PM
If you ever leave the country with an At&t phone turned on you're looking at thousands of dollars.

unless you're smart enough to turn off data roaming and only use the internet features with wi-fi. I had mine on for 2 months in greece with no additional charges. Obviously if you use it you're going to get charged.

JohnnyMack
5/25/2011, 10:20 PM
You're gonna come with At&t now? That's just evil. I hope you at least have the decency to recommend verizon...they do the iterd now don't they?

Since it's free through my company, yeah, I will.

JohnnyMack
5/25/2011, 10:22 PM
unless you're smart enough to turn off data roaming and only use the internet features with wi-fi. I had mine on for 2 months in greece with no additional charges. Obviously if you use it you're going to get charged.

Yeah my boss took his to Italy, bought an international data plan, used it like normal and it only cost him about 100 - 125 over for his 10 day stay.

proud gonzo
5/25/2011, 10:22 PM
I'd rather have a Droid. Right now I'm stuck with a ****ty HTC Touch Pro 2, which runs Windows Mobile. I would upgrade, but my phone keeps getting borked and they keep replacing it with the same model and restarting my count for when i'm eligible for an upgrade.

I merely wanted to express my anger at Sprint... If there was a Sprint agent here, I'd go Russell Crowe on them.

MeMyself&Me
5/25/2011, 10:28 PM
Always had AT&T but can't complain about them. No problems. Couldn't pay me to have a closed format phone like an iphone though. Love the HTC line and all the HTC mods you can find online. Had a Tilt and now a Tilt 2 and my next phone is sure to be an HTC phone of some kind.

A Sooner in Texas
5/25/2011, 10:38 PM
I'd rather have a Droid. Right now I'm stuck with a ****ty HTC Touch Pro 2, which runs Windows Mobile. I would upgrade, but my phone keeps getting borked and they keep replacing it with the same model and restarting my count for when i'm eligible for an upgrade.

I merely wanted to express my anger at Sprint... If there was a Sprint agent here, I'd go Russell Crowe on them.

Gonzo, try asking for retentions when you call Sprint and tell them you will leave unless they either replace the phone with a better model or let you upgrade ASAP. Or see about breaking your contract without paying the early termination fee. Your situation sucks. But you know what they say about the greasy wheel. I'd keep calling and calling until I got someone who actually gives a damn and will help you. Good luck.

Mongo
5/25/2011, 10:41 PM
It's called a Droid. Maybe you've heard of it?

fixed

JohnnyMack
5/25/2011, 10:42 PM
fixed

Go pour something in your crotch.

Mongo
5/25/2011, 10:43 PM
Go pour something in your crotch.

I ran out of Johnny Mack face. maybe you could help me out

JohnnyMack
5/25/2011, 10:44 PM
I'm busy watching the thunder **** themselves in the 4th quarter again.

delhalew
5/25/2011, 10:46 PM
Since it's free through my company, yeah, I will.

touche.

delhalew
5/25/2011, 10:53 PM

Tell the pour soul on the help line you'll take it out on them if they don't transfer you to retensions. I've never had trouble, but my wife cheap pos phone got her into your position. She kept letting them get away with it. They kept trying to charge activation fees. Like with most things, I called and yelled at the right person. Now all is well.

soonerboomer93
5/25/2011, 10:59 PM
Always had AT&T but can't complain about them. No problems. Couldn't pay me to have a closed format phone like an iphone though. Love the HTC line and all the HTC mods you can find online. Had a Tilt and now a Tilt 2 and my next phone is sure to be an HTC phone of some kind.

I had a tilt, it worked fine but was just to well heavy. I they had actually been any sort of upgrade from the tilt to the tilt 2 and other windows phones available at the time I got my iPhone i would have gone with one, but there wasn't

MeMyself&Me
5/25/2011, 11:07 PM
I had a tilt, it worked fine but was just to well heavy. I they had actually been any sort of upgrade from the tilt to the tilt 2 and other windows phones available at the time I got my iPhone i would have gone with one, but there wasn't

I got the tilt as a free deal in a contract and waited until the tilt 2 was a free upgrade with contract (just 2 1/2 months out of the original contract). It's not so much the tilt or AT&t or windows mobile that I like... it's HTC + xda developers that I like. HTC phones, plus the mods and options that you can find on xda makes for an awesome smartphone.

In about another year, I'll be looking at my upgrade options and the first thing I'll be looking at is the HTC options. Tis the only brand on anything that I show loyalty toward.

For what it's worth, the Tilt 2 is light years better than the original Tilt. My wife uses my old Tilt (cause she threw her phone into a wall while still under contract) and when I mess with it to set things up for her, I'm struck by how much better my phone is than hers.

soonerboomer93
5/26/2011, 12:17 AM
I liked xda developers also.

I just didn't like the sound quality, although it's still crappy on my iPhone.

Motorola had far better sound quality last time I used them.

proud gonzo
5/26/2011, 01:11 AM
Gonzo, try asking for retentions when you call Sprint and tell them you will leave unless they either replace the phone with a better model or let you upgrade ASAP. Or see about breaking your contract without paying the early termination fee. Your situation sucks. But you know what they say about the greasy wheel. I'd keep calling and calling until I got someone who actually gives a damn and will help you. Good luck.

Tell the pour soul on the help line you'll take it out on them if they don't transfer you to retensions. I've never had trouble, but my wife cheap pos phone got her into your position. She kept letting them get away with it. They kept trying to charge activation fees. Like with most things, I called and yelled at the right person. Now all is well.
Retensions department huh? I talked to 8 different people on the phone today. None from that department. I'll try that tomorrow. The best advice I got was to do a hard reset (which they did 3 months ago, didn't help) and to take it to a store so the technicians can upgrade my software (which they also did 3 months ago--now I have 16 problems instead of 5.)

My next option is to take it to the store this weekend, complain like crazy, and hope they give the cute blonde a new phone to keep her from dropping her service.

And to top off the aggravation, while I was gone in Colorado this weekend, my lawn service guy sprayed weed killer on my damn flower bed and killed off $100 worth of flowers I'd been growing since February. :mad:

delhalew
5/26/2011, 08:22 AM
Retensions department huh? I talked to 8 different people on the phone today. None from that department. I'll try that tomorrow. The best advice I got was to do a hard reset (which they did 3 months ago, didn't help) and to take it to a store so the technicians can upgrade my software (which they also did 3 months ago--now I have 16 problems instead of 5.)

My next option is to take it to the store this weekend, complain like crazy, and hope they give the cute blonde a new phone to keep her from dropping her service.

And to top off the aggravation, while I was gone in Colorado this weekend, my lawn service guy sprayed weed killer on my damn flower bed and killed off $100 worth of flowers I'd been growing since February. :mad:

I just assume it was retensions that I talked to. They record those conversations, so I told the rep that they would probably be able to it wasn't her fault that I dropped my service. I went on a tirade about my problems she couldn't fix, and then just yelled "cut it off. Cut off both damn lines!" I'm gonna guess the guy I talked to next, who suddenly could fix my problems was from retensions:D

Bummer about the flowers. I keep hearing about these lawn services killing things they shouldn't. Apparently you have to stand over them.

C&CDean
5/26/2011, 08:39 AM
I bought a Droid from Sprint (momma has Sprint so I went on her plan) and kept it for exactly 3 days. What a POS. 1) Battery dies about every 12 hours. 2) No reception at all on the Deanarosa. 3) Not intuitive at all. 4) Sprint sucks.

Since I had AT&T through work I went over there and bought an iphone 4, got 50% off on the phone and all accessories (bought an otter box and extra car charger) from my job, I get 4 bars on the ranch (and everywhere else I go), the battery last at least a couple days - even when I'm using it to play music at the gym, I can figure the damn thing out, it was simple to load the apps I wanted, etc.

So, as long as you keep your phone plugged in 24/7, are a computer geek, and like crappy reception out in the sticks then go with the Droid.

C&CDean
5/26/2011, 08:39 AM
Oh yeah, I also get 25% off on the monthly bill from my job.

delhalew
5/26/2011, 09:32 AM
I bought a Droid from Sprint (momma has Sprint so I went on her plan) and kept it for exactly 3 days. What a POS. 1) Battery dies about every 12 hours. 2) No reception at all on the Deanarosa. 3) Not intuitive at all. 4) Sprint sucks.

Since I had AT&T through work I went over there and bought an iphone 4, got 50% off on the phone and all accessories (bought an otter box and extra car charger) from my job, I get 4 bars on the ranch (and everywhere else I go), the battery last at least a couple days - even when I'm using it to play music at the gym, I can figure the damn thing out, it was simple to load the apps I wanted, etc.

So, as long as you keep your phone plugged in 24/7, are a computer geek, and like crappy reception out in the sticks then go with the Droid.

Weird. That is the exact opposite of my experience. I guess that's why they let you take your **** back if it don't work for you.

JLEW1818
5/26/2011, 10:06 AM
AT&T iPhone is still the best out there

Sooner_Tuf
5/26/2011, 01:52 PM
We have quite a few iPhones in our venture and they work well. We have tried a couple of different phones using the Android OS. They still have a long ways to go to be considered a polished product. Many of the features on them don't work at all.

soonerboomer93
5/26/2011, 02:31 PM

Not sure how accurate the information is but:

http://consumerist.com/2007/02/sprint-ceos-phone-number-and-25-other-sprint-execs.html

Last time At&T tried to mess with me (I changed address and phone number, which caused them to create a new account and then they couldn't add all my features back on becaue I was a new subscriber :/) I told them I was just going to e-mail the CEO. They called me back about 2 minutes after that, and the CEO's escallation team also called me that day.

Partial Qualifier
5/26/2011, 02:52 PM
I have a samsung Intercept-based Droid phone, on Sprint, and in my opinion it sucks. The phone sucks (as Tuf said, it's far from a polished OS) and Sprint is horrible. The only reason we have Sprint-based phones is because they installed cell repeaters in our building (free of charge) so we'd get full strength signal at our facility. And their corporate rates are like 1/3rd of AT&T's.

My work pays for it, and I don't live my life through my phone so it's not that big of a deal to me. Just adding my two-cent indictment of Sprint ;)

Viking Kitten
5/26/2011, 03:05 PM
We are also Sprint users. My first smart phone was an early generation Droid, a Samsung Moment and it was total piece of sh*t that nearly got thrown out the car window a couple times, like when it randomly powered down while I was on emergency phone calls.

However, on the advice of consumer reviews, I upgraded to an HTC Evo and it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Does everything I want it to do and does it well. It is a battery sucker, I have to admit.

saucysoonergal
5/26/2011, 03:07 PM
Buy a net10 burner.

NormanPride
5/26/2011, 03:13 PM
We are on Sprint as well. Unfortunately I have a Palm Pre. Oh man does it blow donkey nads.