PDA

View Full Version : So apparently, Obama is causing the storms..

Peach Fuzz
5/25/2011, 06:10 PM
...according to a couple of co-workers. They said that he turned his back on Israel and now God is angered. What a selfish president.

SoCaliSooner
5/25/2011, 06:12 PM
It's okay, the hurricanes in 2005 were the fault of Bush.

Peach Fuzz
5/25/2011, 06:13 PM
I heard from a minister it was because of Mardi Gras/ Voodoo

TitoMorelli
5/25/2011, 06:18 PM
On the old board we used to blame the horsepigs.

TitoMorelli
5/25/2011, 06:18 PM
And Chuck Long.

pphilfran
5/25/2011, 06:20 PM
Fools...global warming...err...climate change is the cause...

jkjsooner
5/25/2011, 06:21 PM
It's okay, the hurricanes in 2005 were the fault of Bush.

I've never heard a democrat make that accusation.

What they do accuse Bush of is dropping the ball while chaos reigned in New Orleans and thousands of people couldn't even access potable water.

There is a big difference between most natural disasters and what happened in New Orleans. Because of the geography, the flood waters stayed and thousands of people were trapped for days. The local government lost all of its ability to function. This was exactly the type of situation in which the federal government could offer very meaningful assistance.

There was time to get water to the Superdome and Convention Center and to get order restored in the city. It took at least a couple of days before the federal government decided to get involved.

If you believe that this was not within the role of the federal government then fine but don't mischaracterize the criticism of the Bush administration or make comparisons to other natural disasters that have little in common with what happened after Katrina.

Peach Fuzz
5/25/2011, 06:22 PM
climate change is soo 2010... when's the last time we had a good ol Biblethumping blame game

pphilfran
5/25/2011, 06:24 PM
climate change is soo 2010... when's the last time we had a good ol Biblethumping blame game

Ok...how's this...

God is pizzed at Obama so he has ordered up a heavy dose of storms caused by His ultimate disaster creation, climate change...

mgsooner
5/25/2011, 06:26 PM
You have some stupid co-workers.

usmc-sooner
5/25/2011, 06:26 PM

What they do accuse Bush of is dropping the ball while chaos reigned in New Orleans.

There is a big difference between most natural disasters and what happened in New Orleans. Because of the geography, the flood waters stayed for days. There was time to get water to the Superdome and Convention Center and to get order restored in the city. It took at least a couple of days before the federal government decided to get involved.

If you believe that this was not within the role of the federal government then fine but don't mischaracterize the criticism of the Bush administration or make comparisons to other natural disasters that have little in common with what happened after Katrina.

wrong

hell after the Southern Tornadoes Obama took off to celebrate his Irishness.

Peach Fuzz
5/25/2011, 06:27 PM
Wrong. The earth is barely over 6000 years old, no where near the length of time 'scientists' say is needed for 'climate change'

delhalew
5/25/2011, 06:27 PM
All you mother****ers give me a headache.

Peach Fuzz
5/25/2011, 06:29 PM
Now you know what God feels when you turn your back

DIB
5/25/2011, 06:31 PM

Then you weren't listening hard enough

pphilfran
5/25/2011, 06:33 PM
Wrong. The earth is barely over 6000 years old, no where near the length of time 'scientists' say is needed for 'climate change'

What you talkin' bout? In a hundred years only the tip top of Mt Everest will be above waterline...but noodlin' should be good....

lexsooner
5/25/2011, 07:14 PM
You have some stupid co-workers.

This should have been the only comment in this thread.

Penguin
5/25/2011, 07:29 PM
I'm pretty sure that the US Government is controlling the weather from a secret complex in Alaska.

Memtig14
5/25/2011, 08:10 PM
On the old board we used to blame the horsepigs.

DEATH to the Horse Pigs!!!

A Sooner in Texas
5/25/2011, 08:17 PM
wrong

Yeah, that was just a spur-of-the-moment jaunt. Soon as the twister demolished Joplin (that's Southern?) the POTUS no doubt thought to himself, "I'm going to celebrate my Irishness and get my Guiness on. Screw the Show-Me state. I'll show them!"

StoopTroup
5/25/2011, 08:35 PM
Yeah but the horse pigs are getting better and stuff.....they are freaking jumping up through the uprights and **** now....

StoopTroup
5/25/2011, 08:41 PM
BTW...anyone got a coffee table made of 40 OZs?

Soonerfan88
5/25/2011, 08:43 PM
Are your co-workers named Phelps?

Edit: And I just saw the post about the Phelps wackos protesting in Joplin. So sad...

Peach Fuzz
5/25/2011, 08:52 PM
no just a couple of very close-minded neo-conservatives

jkjsooner
5/25/2011, 09:00 PM
wrong

Please explain to me what kind of assistance that was needed that wasn't provided for.

In Katrina it was obvious. They needed water and security. It shouldn't have taken a couple of days to figure that out.

MeMyself&Me
5/25/2011, 10:14 PM
Please explain to me what kind of assistance that was needed that wasn't provided for.

In Katrina it was obvious. They needed water and security. It shouldn't have taken a couple of days to figure that out.

No kidding! To bad that governor and mayor was too arrogant to admit to Bush they needed help...

Penguin
5/25/2011, 10:46 PM
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h162/johnwalsh2/stuff/heckuva-job-brownie-thumb-400xauto-9156.jpg

Heckuva job, Brownie!

jkjsooner
5/26/2011, 08:34 AM
No kidding! To bad that governor and mayor was too arrogant to admit to Bush they needed help...

I don't know the timing but at one point the mayor was begging for help. Maybe he waited too long to do it. I don't know. Either way it was obvious that the city had no capacity to provide anything.

The point is that, no matter who you blame, Katrina was a completely different scenario than any other disaster we've had recently. Every time we have a disaster we hear tons comparisons between that disaster and Katrina and none of these comparisons have any validity. In Katrina there was an ongoing crisis and it took days for government (at whatever level you want to blame) to provide any meaningful assistance.