PDA

View Full Version : Rape/Flat Tire, it's all the same really

3rdgensooner
5/25/2011, 03:35 PM
Kansas lawmaker's comments about rape insurance anger women's rights groups (http://www.kwch.com/news/kwch-dmh-news-lawmakers-comments-about-rape-insurance-anger-womens-rights-groups-20110525,0,3331742.story)

(WICHITA, Kan)—A Kansas state representative is under fire after comments he made about insurance restrictions on abortion.

In a recent House debate, Rep. Pete DeGraaf (R-Mulvane) was quoted during a conversation with Rep. Barbara Bollier (R-Mission Hills).

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/degraaf.jpg

The House was discussing insurance coverage for abortions. The point was made that proposed coverage restrictions did not make exceptions for pregnancies resulting from rape or incest. DeGraaf suggested that women purchase separate abortion-only policies. Bollier questioned him about the likelihood of women doing this.

Rep. Pete DeGraaf said, "We do need to plan ahead, don't we, in life?"

Bollier asked him, "And so women need to plan ahead for issues that they have no control over with pregnancy?"

DeGraaf then responded, "I have a spare tire on my car." "I also have life insurance," he added. "I have a lot of things that I plan ahead for."

Kansas NOW, a women's rights group, is speaking out about the comments. It is asking women show their oppostition by donating $5 to the organization. It plans to buy and personally deliver a model sized “spare” tire to Representative DeGraaf.

JohnnyMack
5/25/2011, 03:42 PM
I heard about this yesterday on Boortz. What a scumbag.

NormanPride
5/25/2011, 03:46 PM
Oh, Kansas. You so crazy.

dynersooner
5/25/2011, 03:47 PM
i dont get your thread.

am i missing an inside joke???

KantoSooner
5/25/2011, 03:49 PM
Isn't it nice that Kansans now routinely upstage our bat**** crazy legislators?

The Profit
5/25/2011, 03:49 PM
Definitely some religious nutjobs in Kansas. The abortion and gay/lesbian issues really bring the wackos out don't they?

SoCaliSooner
5/25/2011, 04:06 PM
You can retread a tire...but not a vagina...

OUMallen
5/25/2011, 04:08 PM
Isn't it nice that Kansans now routinely upstage our bat**** crazy legislators?

I have no idea how they make ours look slightly less stupid, but they do.

MsProudSooner
5/25/2011, 04:22 PM
I read about this guy yesterday. If I remember correctly, his 'regular' job is as a pastor.

Prodigal
5/25/2011, 04:49 PM
The abortion and gay/lesbian issues really bring the wackos out don't they?

Asked and answered.

OUDoc
5/26/2011, 08:20 AM
I'm glad there is at least one state that cares enough to take some pressure off Sally Kern.

waynepayne
5/26/2011, 08:50 AM
this thread looks strangely familiar as does the title.

vewy intewesting....

3rdgensooner
5/26/2011, 09:24 AM
this thread looks strangely familiar as does the title.

vewy intewesting....Huh?

StoopTroup
5/26/2011, 09:28 AM
I didn't hear him says she should get her vagina retreaded....but....if it's actually possible....I bet nursing homes are gonna be back on the dating trail again soon.

virginiasooner
5/26/2011, 10:16 AM
I like how all these freaks scream about smaller government -- small enough to fit in every woman's uterus.

Sooner_Tuf
5/26/2011, 01:41 PM

Big O vagina certificates would sell like hotcakes.

DIB
5/26/2011, 01:42 PM

I need to introduce you to my colleague Romulus Hobbs III. His PT3K can do wonders for the worn out vagina.