PDA

View Full Version : Tornado watch 5-24-11

Pages : 1 [2]

proud gonzo
5/24/2011, 06:43 PM
well, this was an interesting day. I hid in a teeeny shelter--7 adults, one 4 year old, and a hedgehog.

delhalew
5/24/2011, 06:51 PM
well, this was an interesting day. I hid in a teeeny shelter--7 adults, one 4 year old, and a hedgehog.

You had two naders bearing down on you at one point.

delhalew
5/24/2011, 06:52 PM
We've got a bunch of kin in Goldsby who only responded that they were in their shelters - nothing since. One of them is wheelchair bound. We got a text from our ex-football coach at Lex (who is now the coach at Washington) that his house is gone. Bummer.

It's good they got underground. Goldsby got it pretty bad.

proud gonzo
5/24/2011, 06:54 PM
so the tornado that was headed for norman--where did it actually go? I kinda missed out on the coverage while I was hiding in the storm shelter.

pphilfran
5/24/2011, 06:58 PM
The first one went slightly north of ya and the second one just south...both lost intensity as they moved into Norman...

StoopTroup
5/24/2011, 07:03 PM
There are a lot of folks here. It's like an end of the world party. We brought our dog with us.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/stooptroup/0a471586.jpg

SoonerBorn68
5/24/2011, 07:18 PM
We've got a bunch of kin in Goldsby who only responded that they were in their shelters - nothing since. One of them is wheelchair bound. We got a text from our ex-football coach at Lex (who is now the coach at Washington) that his house is gone. Bummer.

My parents live just south of Goldsby. I talked to my Mom & they're OK. They've lost power & had some hail & high winds but no major damage. From what I saw on the news it looked like most of the damage happened around HWY 74 just west of the center of town.

Prayers your kin being safe.

Chuck Bao
5/24/2011, 07:23 PM
There are a lot of folks here. It's like an end of the world party. We brought our dog with us.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/stooptroup/0a471586.jpg

Ahem...he is not wearing his seatbelt. I am gonna tell Mom. You just think it is the end of the world now.

Phil
5/24/2011, 07:30 PM
We watched the El Reno/Piedmont tornado go by about 5 miles west of my dad's new house. Bad damage along NW Highway about 2.5 miles w of Richland Rd. Houses taken out. I didn't see any ambulances - don't know if that's good or bad.

StoopTroup
5/24/2011, 07:31 PM
The air is getting pretty still and it's very muggy. The Parking garage is getting really full on the northside of the Promenade Mall. I'm gonna go in and get me one of those pedicures Dean got.

StoopTroup
5/24/2011, 07:37 PM
The mexicans are here now and they brought cervesa!

Sooner74
5/24/2011, 07:38 PM
Thousands of people took shelter at Bizzell today. Good that people are taking these tornados seriously. I live across from rudy's and after the tornado last year, nothing can be taken for granted.

StoopTroup
5/24/2011, 07:45 PM
I'm naked from the knees down now.

JohnnyMack
5/24/2011, 07:45 PM
The air is getting pretty still and it's very muggy. The Parking garage is getting really full on the northside of the Promenade Mall. I'm gonna go in and get me one of those pedicures Dean got.

Go to the secret underground loading dock. You'll be fine there.

StoopTroup
5/24/2011, 07:48 PM
Anyone want an Orange Julius with two shots of grenadine?

StoopTroup
5/24/2011, 07:49 PM
Go to the secret underground loading dock. You'll be fine there.

Bad memories down there.

SicEmBaylor
5/24/2011, 07:50 PM
God I miss Jim Giles.

SicEmBaylor
5/24/2011, 07:53 PM
I'm worried about Dick Faurot. He's slurring his speech. He's either drunk, on meds, or he had a stroke.

yermom
5/24/2011, 07:54 PM
God I miss Jim Giles.

he was a super nice guy

GDC
5/24/2011, 08:05 PM
I'm worried about Dick Faurot. He's slurring his speech. He's either drunk, on meds, or he had a stroke.

There's nothing wrong with Dick Faurot. You are hallucinating.

Wishboned
5/24/2011, 08:09 PM
It's quiet in Glenpool. Too quiet. Well except for the sirens.

StoopTroup
5/24/2011, 08:12 PM
I cooked brats with Jim at Octoberfest in Tulsa a couple of years in a row. Fantastic guy. He's very missed.

Jammin'
5/24/2011, 08:15 PM
We live just north of oak tree national. We had all hell break loose here with wind and rain but the tornado missed us by a few miles north. My wife teaches at Guthrie and they have cancelled school for the rest of the year. A few schools and possibly the bus barn were damaged from what we've heard so far.

StoopTroup
5/24/2011, 08:21 PM
Rotation near Beggs and Bixby. Lots of hail and rain near 71st and Yale. No rotation they say

StoopTroup
5/24/2011, 08:23 PM
Omg! I spilled my cappuccino ! ! !

Wishboned
5/24/2011, 08:28 PM
A lot of wind and noise and it was over in 5 minutes.

Oh, and the storm passed over too.

StoopTroup
5/24/2011, 08:28 PM
John Philbeck on AM 740 KRGM says he's seeing lots of swirlies.

OUinFLA
5/24/2011, 08:32 PM
My prayers are with you my fellow Sooners.
Im sure I'll need your prayers during hurricane season.
Be safe and be careful.

C&CDean
5/24/2011, 08:34 PM
It might be funny to a couple of you sodomiting Tulsaites, but it's deadly serious down here. Seriously. Save your funnies till at least tomorrow. We're busy digging some folks out right now.

XFollower
5/24/2011, 08:36 PM
Not much in Owasso town. Medium winds and heavy rains. Not really even much thunder or lightening. Thankful and praying for those impacted.

soonerboomer93
5/24/2011, 08:44 PM
Y'all stay safe and keep your heads down

StoopTroup
5/24/2011, 08:58 PM
I don't know what the hell you got your panties in a bunch for but I am really glad we went to safety as when I got home...if we hadn't gone to safety my Wife's car would have severly been damaged. We have some huge old trees around our House and before we left tonight we took video of the house and took our list of belongings with us in case we suffered a catastrophic claim on our ponderosa. I've lived through these storms all my life and I am planned and ready before they hit nearly everytime. Some of us have brains and use them so that should something awful happen, God forbid, we can recover without to much problem. Hopefully everyone who suffered a loss tonight is OK as the rest of it is just stuff.

As far as sodomites and Tulsa are concerned....I think that's kind of awful. You get through it your way....some of us here get through it our way. It was to close a call to take time to feed the kids so we went to where our children would be safe and we didn't sodomize them. We took them inside the Mall, told them everything would be fine and when the danger was passed we went home and they went to work clearing the tree limbs.

JohnnyMack
5/24/2011, 09:02 PM
I don't know what the hell you got your panties in a bunch for but I am really glad we went to safety as when I got home...if we hadn't gone to safety my Wife's car would have severly been damaged. We have some huge old trees around our House and before we left tonight we took video of the house and took our list of belongings with us in case we suffered a catastrophic claim on our ponderosa. I've lived through these storms all my life and I am planned and ready before they hit nearly everytime. Some of us have brains and use them so that should something awful happen, God forbid, we can recover without to much problem. Hopefully everyone who suffered a loss tonight is OK as the rest of it is just stuff.

As far as sodomites and Tulsa are concerned....I think that's kind of awful. You get through it your way....some of us here get through it our way. It was to close a call to take time to feed the kids so we went to where our children would be safe and we didn't sodomize them. We took them inside the Mall, told them everything would be fine and when the danger was passed we went home and they went to work clearing the tree limbs.

PM me. We'll sodomitize later.

StoopTroup
5/24/2011, 09:05 PM
PM me. We'll sodomitize later.

I'm a bit gassy....maybe tomorrow. I trying to dig through my front yard right now so we can get in our house.

StoopTroup
5/24/2011, 09:05 PM
Mama looking sexy running the chainsaw.

soonerboomer93
5/24/2011, 09:14 PM
Checked in infinity and she is fine

StoopTroup
5/24/2011, 09:16 PM
I really did spill my cappuccino. We had the dog in the back of the truck and all these young girls came over to our Truck and wanted to pet our Golden.

When they did....they rocked the truck bed and spilt my Cappuccino. The Wife's shoes were hurting her feet and she had walked the boy in twice already to the inside of the Mall to take him to the toilet while I watched the car and Truck and the Dog. She was really pissed when the boy right after that spilled his Pepsi in the back of the Truck. When I mentioned she'd need to clean up the Truck....I think I was close to dieing.

sooner59
5/24/2011, 09:22 PM
Oh man. Joplin, MO is under a tornado warning right now. Just announced it in Tulsa.

StoopTroup
5/24/2011, 09:24 PM
My Best Friend just called said he Niece who lives next door to him...her Grandmother who lives in Joplin....She's 78. Her husband died a few years back. After the tornado passed by last night....she crawled out of her tub and her house was gone. She's evidently fine and she's well insured. We're guessing she will be looking to move to a nice assisted living situation until she can decide if she wants to rebuild.

My FIL lives in Haskell and the Simple Simon's there got hit but his House is OK. No pizza there for awhile. It's a small Town....there aren't many places to eat...

StoopTroup
5/24/2011, 09:28 PM
There was around 2" of standing water in our Flowerbed when we got Home so that 20 minutes of Storm was pretty intense and with the limbs we had down....we are grateful the big ones didn't fall on the house. The trees we have are beautiful but they scare us when the Weather folks mention High High winds.

StoopTroup
5/24/2011, 09:33 PM
10:24pm

Per the Weather folks here....

All life in Wister will be in danger. Everybody who lives on a Hill better be finding a rock to hide under.

StoopTroup
5/24/2011, 09:35 PM
The Wife Cousin owns the Propane Plant near the Simple Simon's in Haskell. FIL is on his way down to make sure everything is OK down there.

StoopTroup
5/24/2011, 10:32 PM
Guess everything in Haskell is OK. He seemed to think the damage to the Pizza Place and the Subway was minimal of course it's dark. Says there are limbs everywhere and that he'll probably be running the chainsaw all-day tomorrow. Also the Propane plants has some bottles scattered around but it doesn't look like they got hit hard. Blessed I'd say.

Sooner5030
5/24/2011, 10:35 PM
Wifey (& son) were diverted from DFW to Lubbock of all places. I was supposed to pick them up tonight (Saint Louis) but I have no idea how long this will push back their arrival.

Penguin
5/24/2011, 10:56 PM
I hear there's a nice Luby's in Lubbock.

olevetonahill
5/24/2011, 11:05 PM
10:24pm

Per the Weather folks here....

All life in Wister will be in danger. Everybody who lives on a Hill better be finding a rock to hide under.

Dayum storm went Just south of me, some small hail and some rain.

Sittin here thinkin I got lucky. Kinda did ceptI just lost my Lectric..Since Im pretty much the end of the Line out here Ill be the last to get it back on .

OU_Sooners75
5/24/2011, 11:15 PM
The T-Storms that headed for Ponca, well...got heavy rain a little wind and that was it.

Was kind of disappointed since all I heard last night was how Ponca City was suppose to be in the middle of the bad stuff...

I think Mother Nature's fury has forgotten about this town!

Turd_Ferguson
5/24/2011, 11:16 PM
Well let's see, I lost all of my stockade fence, it turned my condensing unit upside down, tore up the eve on the west side of the house, lot's of shingle damage, my grill is in the neighbors yard and my damn trash can's are missing:mad: All in all, feel pretty lucky.

yankee
5/24/2011, 11:26 PM
We had a skinny rain wrapped 'nader a few miles to the south of us in Southlake. Just got a bunch of hail and whatnot, but it was scary for several minutes.

StoopTroup
5/24/2011, 11:42 PM
Dayum storm went Just south of me, some small hail and some rain.

Sittin here thinkin I got lucky. Kinda did ceptI just lost my Lectric..Since Im pretty much the end of the Line out here Ill be the last to get it back on .

Glad your OK. STEP Said they are OK too.

OU-HSV
5/24/2011, 11:42 PM
Guess everything in Haskell is OK. He seemed to think the damage to the Pizza Place and the Subway was minimal of course it's dark. Says there are limbs everywhere and that he'll probably be running the chainsaw all-day tomorrow. Also the Propane plants has some bottles scattered around but it doesn't look like they got hit hard. Blessed I'd say.

A couple guys I work with live in or near Haskell, hopefully it never got too bad. Guess I'll hear tomorrow at the office.

StoopTroup
5/24/2011, 11:44 PM
Well let's see, I lost all of my stockade fence, it turned my condensing unit upside down, tore up the eve on the west side of the house, lot's of shingle damage, my grill is in the neighbors yard and my damn trash can's are missing:mad: All in all, feel pretty lucky.

Wow.....

Seems that one really hurt a bunch of folks. It's not to shocking as the thing was nearly down the whole I-35 corridor at the same time from Kansas to tejas.

Hopefully you'll get things fixed ASAP. Prayers for a quick turnaround and little to no anxiety Bro.

Same for everyone that lost stuff.

For those that lost family....

God Bless you and your Family...may they RIP and God have mercy on the Survivors and that they recover soon and their anxiety and loss turns to strength and Love.

StoopTroup
5/24/2011, 11:51 PM
A couple guys I work with live in or near Haskell, hopefully it never got too bad. Guess I'll hear tomorrow at the office.

I think things are OK but you never know. FIL said he hadn't seen that much traffic in Haskell since Statehood....lol ;)

SoonerNate
5/24/2011, 11:58 PM
Is everyone alright?

StoopTroup
5/25/2011, 12:25 AM
We had a skinny rain wrapped 'nader a few miles to the south of us in Southlake. Just got a bunch of hail and whatnot, but it was scary for several minutes.

Yeah when it got to Tulsa it kind of went North and South of the city. It was weird. The sky got ugly and we had 45 degree pain and some wind but we were never in any real danger. When I left the mall I was looking West and I could look to the North and South down Yale Ave and it looked really awful that way. It was like the hand of God punched it in the face and told it to calm down.

ouwasp
5/25/2011, 01:08 AM
Earlier this evening we were watching some of the coverage on TWC. My wife got a little alarmed; "gosh, where's that happening?!"

Me: "well, the dirt is red, so it must be a long ways off..." (NE OK here) :)

FirstAndGoalOU
5/25/2011, 01:16 AM
Oh dear God..Listen to this..http://www.mainstreamnetwork.com/listen/player.asp?station=kwon-am&
Was just checking on local news...Bartlesville, North Tulsa!
http://www.ahac.ca/images/tinnitus/head_palm.jpg

StoopTroup
5/25/2011, 01:48 AM
Oh dear God..Listen to this..http://www.mainstreamnetwork.com/listen/player.asp?station=kwon-am&
Was just checking on local news...Bartlesville, North Tulsa!
http://www.ahac.ca/images/tinnitus/head_palm.jpg

He said something about Women and Dick Taters. Now I'm getting really interested....

StoopTroup
5/25/2011, 01:53 AM
There is no cure for it.....but the only cure is...

LOL

Is that Leroid?

hawaii 5-0
5/25/2011, 01:56 AM
To everyone out there:

I know there was a lot of damage. I hope everyone you know was unhurt.

5-0

sooner59
5/25/2011, 01:58 AM
Hope you guys in Hawaii are ok. I hear that sunset was something else.

hawaii 5-0
5/25/2011, 02:01 AM
I lived in Okieville 38 years and I've heard the freight train.

I take them very seriously.

5-0

sooner59
5/25/2011, 02:18 AM

5-0

I got ya. I was just being lighthearted. Not ripping ya. Check your speck. ;)

StoopTroup
5/25/2011, 02:43 AM

5-0

The freight train, the pea green sky, the humidity and then the cool air.....the silence and then the train.....the hail.....and the aftermath. I can't say i get used to it but as i was telling Dean....I'm not near as scared of it as I used to be....but I do respect it. Failure to respect it and you'll find yourself dead.

StoopTroup
5/25/2011, 02:44 AM
Night all.....i hope the morning brings us good news about everyone's loved one's

Ctina
5/25/2011, 05:14 AM
http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz327/ctina_1973/hail-1-1.jpg

We now need a new roof and the vehicles got pounded. I don't care about my 6 year old car, but my husband has a month old truck. All in all, not too bad. We are just south of Norman so it could have been much worse. Those deductibles are gonna hurt a bit. http://www.thedawgpound.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/smiley-ouch.gif

Peach Fuzz
5/25/2011, 05:53 AM
One time I smoked a J when we had very severe weather (last june) and sat on my front porch and watched rotation right over my head... now with all that and the state of paranoia from the mj, man that was a bad trip... dont recommend anyone to try that :)

StoopTroup
5/25/2011, 08:24 AM
CTina....hope they fix your stuff. I'd get hold of a roofing guy you trust pretty quick. Sometimes after these events they start stacking up jobs fast. Don't use Blue though. Make sure you get some reputable white guys. :D ;)

picasso
5/25/2011, 08:26 AM
My wife's friend knows the girl who lost her kids in Piedmont. I guess the 3 year old boy is still missing?

Awful.

Peach Fuzz
5/25/2011, 08:27 AM
It's very eerie watching the news this morning and seeing how much as happened... prayers to everyone effected, they're gonna need it.

Howzit
5/25/2011, 08:29 AM
One time I smoked a J when we had very severe weather (last june) and sat on my front porch and watched rotation right over my head... now with all that and the state of paranoia from the mj, man that was a bad trip... dont recommend anyone to try that :)

This one time, I ate a bunch of peyote and ran naked in the hail, doing vertical helicopters and singing to caterpillars.

Peach Fuzz
5/25/2011, 08:30 AM
This one time, I ate a bunch of peyote and ran naked in the hail, doing vertical helicopters and singing to caterpillars.

Umm, that actually sounds badass.... thanks for the idea

describe 'a bunch'

StoopTroup
5/25/2011, 08:34 AM
Howzit....were those caterpillars yellow and were you at the job site? Was that why you got fired? :D ;)

Hot Rod
5/25/2011, 08:35 AM
My wife's friend knows the girl who lost her kids in Piedmont. I guess the 3 year old boy is still missing?

Awful.

This is awful. I can't imagine losing more than one child to an incident like this. My prayers and thoughts are with them heavily today.

Pozey
5/25/2011, 08:37 AM
Can you get me Travis Meyer's autograph?

I can....but you didn't ask me...

StoopTroup
5/25/2011, 08:45 AM
This is awful. I can't imagine losing more than one child to an incident like this. My prayers and thoughts are with them heavily today.

Didn't see Pic's post. I'm currently on my IPhone and didn't scan back through the posts after 3am. That's awful Pic. Prayers for the family. I hope they find the boy.

I saw a video of a Nader hitting a tractor trailer and the entire truck explodes and he's somehow OK.

Postive thoughts and prayers as they search for the boy. Let's hope he's OK.

hawaii 5-0
5/25/2011, 10:49 AM
I hope things weren't too bad. I prayed for the families thar lost loved ones.

A few weeks ago I was in-state and drove thru Tuska and saw the damage there. We dropped off a load of clothes at the Disaster Center.

5-0

The Profit
5/25/2011, 10:53 AM

Awful.

That was horrible. Does anyone have an update on the missing boy?

OULenexaman
5/25/2011, 10:56 AM
they still have some missing young ones in Joplin.....can only imagine that type of pain...

StoopTroup
5/25/2011, 11:05 AM
they still have some missing young ones in Joplin.....can only imagine that type of pain...

Yep....

My Buddy has a 1/2 sister up there and they have 80 folks unaccounted for at their Church. They aren't sure where they are as they might be in a Hospital or staying with friends or maybe something bad happened. Hopefully it will all get better soon up there....

I know 116 or so are reported as Dead...pretty awful....

If folks remember Greenburg, Kansas....that was awful too. I haven't heard how thing are up there these days...

The Profit
5/25/2011, 11:10 AM
Yep....

My Buddy has a 1/2 sister up there and they have 80 folks unaccounted for at their Church. They aren't sure where they are as they might be in a Hospital or staying with friends or maybe something bad happened. Hopefully it will all get better soon up there....

I know 116 or so are reported as Dead...pretty awful....

If folks remember Greenburg, Kansas....that was awful too. I haven't heard how thing are up there these days...

I spoke with my cousin today. She lives in Joplin, and the tornado hit about a half mile from their house (they were in California at the time). Her son is a cop in Joplin, and told her that the death toll numbers are going to rise rapidly after the search and rescue has ended. He told her that there are hundreds missing.

Peach Fuzz
5/25/2011, 11:11 AM
Greenburg is gone. Clinton hired their city manager if I'm correct

proud gonzo
5/25/2011, 11:53 AM

Greenburg is gone. Clinton hired their city manager if I'm correct
No it isn't. GreenSburg has been rebuilt since 2007, though their population is half of what it used to be (down from 1600 people in 2000 to 800 in 2010).

StoopTroup
5/25/2011, 11:55 AM
No it isn't. GreenSburg has been rebuilt since 2007, though their population is half of what it used to be (down from 1600 people in 2000 to 800 in 2010).

Thanks PG...I've been thinking of going up there and visiting the well. Is it still there?

Looks like it is maybe and the Pallasite too I guess....

http://www.greensburgks.org/visitor/the-big-well

proud gonzo
5/25/2011, 12:00 PM
Thanks PG...I've been thinking of going up there and visiting the well. Is it still there?
Yep, the well is still there. They had to build a new museum next to it, though.

OULenexaman
5/25/2011, 12:02 PM
just had nader warnings all over the place here in KC....OP...Leawood...Shawnee...Lenexa...Mission... ..a well defined wall cloud just past east of me...it was trying to come down several times...30 minutes of action..

delhalew
5/25/2011, 12:10 PM
just had nader warnings all over the place here in KC....OP...Leawood...Shawnee...Lenexa...Mission... ..a well defined wall cloud just past east of me...it was trying to come down several times...30 minutes of action..

Pretty sure it is going to intercept me on my way through Missouri.

oumartin
5/25/2011, 12:25 PM
I haven't been to Greensburg in over a year last time I was there it's just a shell of it's former self(which wasn't much to begin with). The whole "green" thing I believe was a mistake IMO but who knows. All I know is if you drive up to Hoisington which had one a couple years prior to the Greensburg one their town looks great. They took the opportunity to fix up a couple areas of town.

Of course it wasn't wiped off the map like Greensburg was either. Or, maybe I just don't like Greensburg since I never got a winning scratcher there.

proud gonzo
5/25/2011, 01:03 PM
I haven't been to Greensburg in over a year last time I was there it's just a shell of it's former self(which wasn't much to begin with). The whole "green" thing I believe was a mistake IMO but who knows. All I know is if you drive up to Hoisington which had one a couple years prior to the Greensburg one their town looks great. They took the opportunity to fix up a couple areas of town.

Of course it wasn't wiped off the map like Greensburg was either. Or, maybe I just don't like Greensburg since I never got a winning scratcher there.

The Hoisington tornado was an F4 in 2001. It plowed a two- or three-block-wide path, damaged about 20% of the homes and 12 businesses. Hoisington was twice the size of Greensburg and they've had 6 more years to rebuild.

The Greensburg tornado was an EF5 in 2007 (the first EF5 since the Fujita scale was revamped after the May 3rd F5/6 in Moore.) It was 1.7 miles wide--wider than Greensburg itself--and destroyed 95% of the town. The other 5% was severely damaged. That was only 4 years ago.

Yeah, I would expect that Hoisington should look better than Greensburg.

Mongo
5/25/2011, 01:08 PM
Cactus 117 in Canadian County got blasted

http://api.ning.com/files/x5VUeRtn9RDdMZOj1F0bfIt5IwN88yZA*A1*emVqMrceymEyG3 eNkRraXx*38n5PXpwGq0ePgaNmoLqloVKBIwX6DmQOOIEq/CactusRig1172.jpg?width=720&height=540

oumartin
5/25/2011, 02:15 PM
Cactus 117 in Canadian County got blasted

http://api.ning.com/files/x5VUeRtn9RDdMZOj1F0bfIt5IwN88yZA*A1*emVqMrceymEyG3 eNkRraXx*38n5PXpwGq0ePgaNmoLqloVKBIwX6DmQOOIEq/CactusRig1172.jpg?width=720&height=540

Was that the one by the new gas plant?

I didn't realize Hoisingtons was that long ago. Wow, but for the past 5-6 years it's looked really nice. Hoisington > Greensburg

MsProudSooner
5/25/2011, 02:35 PM
Here's a video of a 16 wheeler being destroyed by one of yesterday's tornadoes.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/oklahomacity-koco-18229979/tractor-trailer-destroyed-by-tornado-25339114

StoopTroup
5/25/2011, 02:42 PM
They have rated Joplin as a EF5 now.

Ctina
5/25/2011, 07:41 PM
CTina....hope they fix your stuff. I'd get hold of a roofing guy you trust pretty quick. Sometimes after these events they start stacking up jobs fast. Don't use Blue though. Make sure you get some reputable white guys. :D ;)

Thanks Troup. I think I'll start a thread asking for recommendations. I've never hired out to roof the house. We did it ourselves last time. Don't really have the time or desire to do it again right now.

C&CDean
5/25/2011, 07:48 PM
Thanks Troup. I think I'll start a thread asking for recommendations. I've never hired out to roof the house. We did it ourselves last time. Don't really have the time or desire to do it again right now.

If you gotta pay your deductible, go ahead and have it fixed right.

StoopTroup
5/25/2011, 07:48 PM

I can dig it. I used to try to do everything myself...as you get older you realize it's sometimes better to hire things out.

Blue
5/25/2011, 07:54 PM
Yeah don't use me. I'd probably take care of your deductible, upgrade your shingle at no cost, and be in and out in a day. I'm such a scumbag.

OU-HSV
5/25/2011, 08:01 PM
Was flipping channels a bit ago and saw this man Michael Hare being interviewed on CNN. He is from Tulsa and he is in Joplin searching for his missing son. I looked for the interview video that aired a bit ago but I could only find a video that must have aired yesterday...anyway, so awful. I feel so bad for what the people of Joplin and all the other areas are dealing with. I can't imagine missing one of my kiddos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2MZklS6Ge8

StoopTroup
5/25/2011, 08:25 PM
Yeah don't use me. I'd probably take care of your deductible, upgrade your shingle at no cost, and be in and out in a day. I'm such a scumbag.

Are you in Noble Blue....if you are...I'll recommend you.

I believe in you now. Those three pictures sold me....

Blue
5/25/2011, 08:42 PM
Are you in Noble Blue....if you are...I'll recommend you.

I believe in you now. Those three pictures sold me....

I know you were playin. Nah, I'd love to live in OKC, but companies like mine are a dime a dozen there. My Alabama plates wouldn't help either. ;)

Mongo
5/25/2011, 10:36 PM
Was that the one by the new gas plant?

I didn't realize Hoisingtons was that long ago. Wow, but for the past 5-6 years it's looked really nice. Hoisington > Greensburg

I have no idea where in Canadian it was at. My pops forwarded that to me. bunch of dudes hurt

Ctina
5/25/2011, 11:19 PM

You Bastard! :D

jk the sooner fan
5/26/2011, 07:01 AM
Was flipping channels a bit ago and saw this man Michael Hare being interviewed on CNN. He is from Tulsa and he is in Joplin searching for his missing son. I looked for the interview video that aired a bit ago but I could only find a video that must have aired yesterday...anyway, so awful. I feel so bad for what the people of Joplin and all the other areas are dealing with. I can't imagine missing one of my kiddos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2MZklS6Ge8

heartbreaking

OULenexaman
5/26/2011, 12:33 PM
I have no idea where in Canadian it was at. My pops forwarded that to me. bunch of dudes hurt

http://www.drillingahead.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network

They have a whole slide show of pics of it now....I have been getting other company taken photos forwarded to me daily....if ya want em pm me.....4mb file. Some amazing ****....

Rock Hard Corn Frog
5/27/2011, 04:38 PM
They have rated Joplin as a EF5 now.

I live in Webb City, about 4 miles north of where the tornado went through Joplin. Used to live about 4 blocks from St John's hospital. I've seen several tornadoes over the years and usually when I hear the path of a storm is going to pass a few miles one side or another of where I live I generally would pick a good high spot to watch the storm in the distance.

Southern Joplin is 100% unrecognizable. After Sunday when we had another tornado warning on Monday I went straight for the basement and sat it out. I will have a very healthy respect for tornado warnings for a long time.

oumartin
5/27/2011, 06:12 PM
http://www.drillingahead.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network

They have a whole slide show of pics of it now....I have been getting other company taken photos forwarded to me daily....if ya want em pm me.....4mb file. Some amazing ****....

Yep, if you look at the pics you will see the NG plant in the background.

Holy Heck that would suck