PDA

View Full Version : The Hangover Part II

Chuck Bao
5/24/2011, 11:53 AM
Has anyone seen this yet? Does anyone plan on seeing it?

I think the initial reviews were pretty negative or I seem to have read it here or somewhere else.

I don't even know if I can watch the flick since 1) I cringe just watching the trailer and it brings back some really bad memories and probably stuff I did and don't remember and 2) it will probably be banned in Thailand or the censors will cut and Vaseline it up. After all, regular Thai people really don't need to know what we foreign degenerates are up to and capable of.

Here is a link to a trailer. It is probably NSFW.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810187722/info;_ylt=AtQbeSKcbjru.pSdQccIrXdfVXcA

soonerboomer93
5/24/2011, 12:01 PM
Oh, I will see it. Might even bring me flash backs of my trip there

:D

Of course Chuck was my bangkok guide, but Chow might have been moar fun :D

Chuck Bao
5/24/2011, 12:17 PM
Oh, I will see it. Might even bring me flash backs of my trip there

:D

Of course Chuck was my bangkok guide, but Chao might have been moar fun :D

Well, I was on my very best behavior with you. Next time, you can have to say that you want "fun" with the implied what is done in Bangkok stays in Bangkok. You just seem like such a straight-lace guy and I took you shopping.

WichitaSooner
5/24/2011, 12:22 PM
Already have my tickets for Thursday night at the Warren... can't wait... hope I'm not disappointed...

soonerboomer93
5/24/2011, 12:23 PM
Well, I was on my very best behavior with you. Next time, you can have to say that you want "fun" with the implied what is done in Bangkok stays in Bangkok. You just seem like such a straight-lace guy and I took you shopping.

Well to be fair, I remember everything that happened in Bangkok (thankfully Chuck was either out of roofies or I just wasn't his type :D).

Phuket, is another story...

But yeah, what happened in Thailand stayed in Thailand for the most part. (Except the stuff that safe to share like the Temple tours and James Bond Island, etc)

royalfan5
5/24/2011, 12:30 PM
We are having an office field trip to see it Friday afternoon.

soonerchk
5/24/2011, 12:37 PM
Well to be fair, I remember everything that happened in Bangkok (thankfully Chuck was either out of roofies or I just wasn't his type :D).

But yeah, what happened in Thailand stayed in Thailand for the most part. (Except the stuff that safe to share like the Temple tours and James Bond Island, etc)

He he he, you said Phuket.

badger
5/24/2011, 12:38 PM
The reviews for the first one that were negative (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10010667-hangover/) are pretty silly sounding and I imagine that negative reviews for the second one will sound the same --- it's not artsy fartsy enough, not going to win any Oscars or inspire you to quit cancer, you have to leave your brain at the door, sophomoric humor isn't funny anymore, it's demeaning to women, etc. etc.

:rolleyes:

Chuck Bao
5/24/2011, 12:40 PM

Dude, you can do all of the :D you want. I have no idea what a roofie is but if that's what you wanted, maybe I could ask around next time. And, definitely no, you are not my type.

But, I am glad that you got that picture postcard moment in Phuket. Good for you.

Boomer.....
5/24/2011, 01:01 PM
I'm planning on seeing it this weekend.

Lawton4Life
5/24/2011, 01:36 PM
I think its going to be hilarious. I loved the first one. My sides hurt in the theather from laughing so hard.

Bridesmaids was great as well...like the hangover, but just with girls as the leads. Certainly not a chick flick at all

2121Sooner
5/24/2011, 02:03 PM
Havent seen it but will in the next two weeks.

Am not expecting this one to compare to the first. Kind of hard to live up to the original. I am just hoping it is a better follow up to the original than Caddyshack 2........shouldnt be hard

soonerboomer93
5/24/2011, 03:07 PM
Dude, you can do all of the :D you want. I have no idea what a roofie is but if that's what you wanted, maybe I could ask around next time. And, definitely no, you are not my type.

But, I am glad that you got that picture postcard moment in Phuket. Good for you.

Roofies are nicknamed "the date rape drug"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flunitrazepam

It's what they accidentally take in the first Hangover

WichitaSooner
5/24/2011, 03:09 PM
Roofies are nicknamed "the date rape drug"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flunitrazepam

It's what they accidentally take in the first Hangover

I don't know why they call them roofies... they should call them floories, cause that's where you end up...

Boomer.....
5/24/2011, 03:13 PM
There you go with that word again, Rufilin. What the hell is a Rufilin?

MR2-Sooner86
5/24/2011, 03:25 PM
I won't lie, it's a good, somewhat great, movie but it's not what the hype said it would be.

Now, yes, it was a funny movie. I thought it was great enough to buy the day it came out on DVD. The thing is everybody was claiming this movie was "the funniest movie ever/long, long time/decade" and it wasn't. The plot is nothing new as it follows "Dude, where's my car?" rather closely. Don't get me wrong, I still like it but there are others I find better.

With that said, I will be going to see Hangover II, probably at midnight, but my expectations won't be set so high as they were for the first one.

Mongo
5/24/2011, 06:00 PM
they shouldnt have made this movie

Chuck Bao
5/24/2011, 06:12 PM

Yeah, I know. :(

Boomer.....
5/25/2011, 08:04 AM
I was thinking the same but you never know. I heard they are also thinking of a third one. Let's hope they don't ruin it like The Godfather.

GDC
5/25/2011, 09:32 AM

Why? The sucktitude of Caddyshack II doesn't diminish the greatness of Caddyshack.

rekamrettuB
5/25/2011, 09:42 AM
Why? The sucktitude of Caddyshack II doesn't diminish the greatness of Caddyshack.

No but it does accentuate the suckiness of Caddyshack II. The bar is too high. I am a HUGE fan of Hangover I. I might go watch II at the theater but will probably wait until it hits video.

Mongo
5/25/2011, 10:50 AM
No but it does accentuate the suckiness of Caddyshack II. The bar is too high. I am a HUGE fan of Hangover I. I might go watch II at the theater but will probably wait until it hits video.

this.

Same type plot, different location. just a redo to make some money off the first's success

SoonerAtKU
5/25/2011, 03:22 PM
I'm sad to say I see this series going the way of Austin Powers. The first of those is still one of my favorite comedies, but the rest really depress me. I'm also reminded of the "___ Movie" series, which don't even parody movies, they just use the ACTUAL jokes/scenes from the movies with different words.

fadada1
5/25/2011, 03:37 PM
They should've just made this XXX and called it "The Hungover".

OK, I've got nuthin'. I'm retarded.

Cheez-It
5/25/2011, 03:50 PM
I'm excited!! I'm going to the Saturday Matinee at the Hollywood to see it.

GDC
5/25/2011, 09:34 PM

I agree that the classic comedies like Hangover, Animal House, Blues Brothers, etc. should not be sequelized.

MR2-Sooner86
5/26/2011, 02:54 AM
Well, I just got back from seeing it. They followed the plot of the original almost exactly. The only difference is this time they're in Thailand.

The movie starts out with a call saying, "we f*cked up" and then you're a few days earlier. They wake up, don't remember a thing, and have to retrace their steps.

Despite all of this, it isn't that bad. Is it as good as the first one? No. Parts of it are rather funny. They really tried to push it allot more with this one. How? Well, you have to go see it to find out.

I will give you a hint though. What's in this movie that wasn't in the last one is...

shemales

...lots of them.

sooner59
5/26/2011, 02:58 AM
I am undecided on my feelings on black rectangles. The color doesn't bother me, but I just hate the geometrical shape.

Blue
5/26/2011, 02:58 AM
I'm sad to say I see this series going the way of Austin Powers. The first of those is still one of my favorite comedies, but the rest really depress me. I'm also reminded of the "___ Movie" series, which don't even parody movies, they just use the ACTUAL jokes/scenes from the movies with different words.

You didn't like mini me? Fat bastard? Moley mole? i thought the sequels were actually pretty good.

royalfan5
5/28/2011, 08:00 AM
So I saw it last night. I was amused, but I was also kind of drunk by the time I saw it. I think the important thing is that they learn the Godfather and Smokey and the Bandit series and not make a third.

soonervegas
5/28/2011, 08:55 AM
I thought it was a solid 7.5......just like the first one. Worth seeing it in a theatre with a group of people.

I do agree thay they should probably stop here or risk beating a dead horse.