This should be short.

Urquell.

Game over.

MeMyself&Me
5/24/2011, 09:44 AM
This should be short.

Urquell.

Game over.

Urquell is great if you can get one that isn't skunked. There's been a few others I've liked but they're few and far between and it's been long enough I can't recall their names. :(

I also like Pre-Prohibition style American pilsners but you really can't buy those anymore... must make them at home. One of the best things about making your own beer is making beers that you just can't buy.

delhalew
5/24/2011, 09:49 AM
This should be short.

Urquell.

Game over.

Despite SABMiller's efforts to make Erkel THE global Pilsner, I suspect debate will rage on.

Position Limit
5/24/2011, 09:55 AM
This should be short.

Urquell.

Game over.

agreed. too easy.

royalfan5
5/24/2011, 09:55 AM
I do love me some Warsteiner.

Boomer.....
5/24/2011, 09:56 AM
Warsteiner is very good

Chuck Bao
5/24/2011, 10:36 AM
Agree on the Warsteiner from a tap. Bars in the US offer this?

Boomer.....
5/24/2011, 10:44 AM
Besides Oktoberfest events, I've never seen it on tap.

delhalew
5/24/2011, 10:55 AM
Agree on the Warsteiner from a tap. Bars in the US offer this?

It's not so uncommon. Savage Pizza in L5P, in Atlanta GA had it when I wa working there in the late nineties. Hell, we only had three taps.

soonerdude86
5/24/2011, 12:10 PM
This should be short.

Urquell.

Game over.

Have you ever tried Czechvar? I think it's on par with Urquell. It has a bit more of a grassy hop character than Urquell.

I like German Pilsner better than Bohemian Pilsner. A couple of my favorites are Spaten Pils, Paulaner Premium Pils, and König Pilsener.

delhalew
5/24/2011, 12:23 PM
Have you ever tried Czechvar? I think it's on par with Urquell. It has a bit more of a grassy hop character than Urquell.

I like German Pilsner better than Bohemian Pilsner. A couple of my favorites are Spaten Pils, Paulaner Premium Pils, and König Pilsener.

I think there are way too many good Pilsners out there to say that Urquell ends the conversion. I also think Johnny knows better, and is having a little fun with us.

soonerdude86
5/24/2011, 12:37 PM
I think there are way too many good Pilsners out there to say that Urquell ends the conversion.

I agree. Pilsner is the most popular style of beer in the world after all. There are many great ones out there.

I also think Johnny knows better, and is having a little fun with us.

I figured as much. I think I've lurked around here long enough to know how things are.