PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, miscalculated - Rapture in October

Soonerfan88
5/23/2011, 09:47 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_apocalypse_saturday

Saturday was "invisible judgement day" by Jesus and the actual rapture will occur in 5 months, when he has also predicted the world will be consumed by fire. And he says he still needs his car & house so why should he give any of his money or possessions away like his followers did... :rolleyes:

We actually had some folks go through with rapture suicide pacts here in mid-Mo & one guy jumped off a bridge. Anyone else hear any truly outrageous stories?

Midtowner
5/23/2011, 09:48 PM
Forgot to carry the 1?

SoonerofAlabama
5/23/2011, 09:56 PM
Yep. They said the non-sinners would go to heaven while the rest of us stay on Earth and suffer until October until the human population is wiped out.

goingoneight
5/23/2011, 10:19 PM
Let's face it, this is far from the weirdest thing some religious group believes.

You'd think he'd read the bible, which says it's a day no one but God knows. I don't read the bible and I know that (mostly cuz Grandma told me circa 1994 :D).

Blue
5/23/2011, 10:41 PM
What an ***.

sanantoniosooner
5/23/2011, 10:46 PM
c'mon folks...

I get May and October confused all the time.

MsProudSooner2
5/23/2011, 10:48 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_apocalypse_saturday

Saturday was "invisible judgement day" by Jesus and the actual rapture will occur in 5 months, when he has also predicted the world will be consumed by fire. And he says he still needs his car & house so why should he give any of his money or possessions away like his followers did... :rolleyes:

We actually had some folks go through with rapture suicide pacts here in mid-Mo & one guy jumped off a bridge. Anyone else hear any truly outrageous stories?

Some woman tried to kill herself and her two daughters by slitting their throats and hers. Last I heard she failed.

It's a shame that the media gives these idiots the attention they want.

jk the sooner fan
5/23/2011, 11:04 PM
he's a fool - everybody knows the world is going to end right after Oprah's last episode...

tcrb
5/24/2011, 06:20 AM
Some woman tried to kill herself and her two daughters by slitting their throats and hers. Last I heard she failed.

It's a shame that the media gives these idiots the attention they want.

It's because he's a right wing idiot. The media completely ignores the left wing idiots that predict the end of the world.
:gary:

fadada1
5/24/2011, 06:28 AM
You'd think he'd read the bible, which says it's a day no one but God knows. I don't read the bible and I know that (mostly cuz Grandma told me circa 1994 :D).
that's because he got his bible from a guy in times square - from the same guy that sells rolex watches for $10. perhaps his version leaves out vital info.

Wayne Jarvis
5/24/2011, 06:47 AM
If we're undefeated and ranked no.1 in the BCS and the world ends, I'm gonna be p****ed off!

OUDoc
5/24/2011, 08:35 AM
People need to have common sense.

OutlandTrophy
5/24/2011, 08:42 AM
People need to have common sense.

I know, right? The world will end at 5pm on a Friday. It will also be coming in a wave so that it hits each time zone at 5pm on Friday, right after your work week is done.

That guy was a fool to think the world would end on a Saturday.

Hot Rod
5/24/2011, 08:52 AM
Here's to more $ spent on stupid billboards.

bigxii
5/25/2011, 11:30 AM
This is exactly how the Jehovah's Witness cult got started. Carbon copy.

Charles Russles said Jesus would return in 1914. Didn't happen. So they came up with the explanation that Jesus DID return. Only you can't see him. He's here invisibly. The majority of followers today think that the cult has always believed in an invisible return. But that was a scam to cover up their last failed 'prophecy' of the return of Jesus. (Their 1914 prophecy was the last of a long line of failed 'prophecies')

Sad if you really think about it.

rekamrettuB
5/25/2011, 03:22 PM
Pretty sure he felt he would not be around May 21, 2011 after he left some wiggle room in his 1994 prediction. The people that believe this guy should be ashamed. This guy needs to have the plug pulled...soon.

The Profit
5/25/2011, 03:23 PM
It better not ....up my Halloween.

The Maestro
5/25/2011, 03:25 PM
So my question is, "Do most Christians think this guy is a complete whack job who is, to borrow a term, bat **** crazy, and out of his mind?"

Follow up question--"Do those Christians that do realize they share 99.99% of the beliefs he shares...other than being able to guess the date?"

Seriously...you share almost all of the same beliefs as this certifiable nut. Except one. Time to self-evaluate.

sanantoniosooner
5/25/2011, 03:38 PM
The first part of what you said makes me want to respond.

The last part of what you said makes me think it's not worth my time.

Hot Rod
5/25/2011, 03:42 PM
So my question is, "Do most Christians think this guy is a complete whack job who is, to borrow a term, bat **** crazy, and out of his mind?"

Follow up question--"Do those Christians that do realize they share 99.99% of the beliefs he shares...other than being able to guess the date?"

Seriously...you share almost all of the same beliefs as this certifiable nut. Except one. Time to self-evaluate.

I guess I need to really study what this guy believes. He does sound like he believes in God. On the other hand, he believes in "being the answer" to this world from God in determining when the rapture takes place. If he believes in being that, then he's wanting to be more than any other person on this Earth throughout time. We have the most brilliant minds on the Earth that are mathematicians, and you'd think one of them could've discovered when the rapture was going to take place. Um, no...it appears this guy does, after putting some numbers together that "happen" to relate to his current time here on the Earth.

If someone knew a huge financial blunder would hit the stock market on a specific date, based on numbers, and it didn't, I don't think his colleagues would want to associate all of their beliefs in what he thought was correct either.

The Maestro
5/25/2011, 03:56 PM
Okay, my point was too over the top.

He believes that the sky will open up, a trumpet will sound and in the blink of an eye all Christians will leave this Earth to worship God forever and ever and ever...you will all FINALLY get to see God...the God who, to this point, has made himself invisible and doesn't communicate directly in any way. It is ALL faith based. Nothing to grasp onto other than hope and faith. And this will go on for all eternity...church forever and ever. Doesn't sound that great to me.