PDA

View Full Version : Where is Fleming?

SoonerofAlabama
5/23/2011, 03:39 PM
And what is he doing right now? I know the spring depth chart is done, but has anybody heard anything?

Rocko
5/23/2011, 04:00 PM
Last that was seen of him, he was doing some crazy workout routine in Austin, Tx.

Muno
5/23/2011, 04:30 PM
Going to school, working out, putting on "good" weight and hoping the school lets him back in for the fall semester.

SoonerofAlabama
5/23/2011, 06:25 PM
I thought it was pending on whether or not Fleming would come back. I didn't think it was Oklahoma that was keeping him out.

gaylordfan1
5/23/2011, 06:44 PM
I thought it was pending on whether or not Fleming would come back. I didn't think it was Oklahoma that was keeping him out.

Nope, it's actually OU that kicked him out. So it's up to the university if he can enroll come fall.

SoonerofAlabama
5/23/2011, 06:52 PM
Okay, so we are basically just making him learn a lesson right now, correct?

Sooner74
5/23/2011, 07:43 PM
It depends on how he got kicked out and how deep the transgression was. The university has code on this that can be looked up by anyone on the board. I believe the 2nd offense allows him to return after one semester unless it was severe enough to kick him out for good.

MyT Oklahoma
5/23/2011, 10:44 PM
If he is allowed back, is he eligible to play after having sat out the spring semester?

SoonerofAlabama
5/23/2011, 10:52 PM
That is what I don't know.

OK2U
5/23/2011, 11:21 PM
SOURCES?

JLEW1818
5/23/2011, 11:28 PM
my source says that he stole the ball from R. Westbrook

Muno
5/24/2011, 08:18 AM
It depends on how he got kicked out and how deep the transgression was. The university has code on this that can be looked up by anyone on the board. I believe the 2nd offense allows him to return after one semester unless it was severe enough to kick him out for good.

Bingo! Most students who get in trouble for what Fleming did get kicked out a semester and then are readmitted by the University. It's not 100% guaranteed that the school will let him in but it's looking good.

Also, you don't think he made up those crazy workout routines on your own do you? If he is readmitted he won't be limited due to conditioning that is for sure.

LakeRat
5/24/2011, 09:59 AM
What did he do?

badger
5/24/2011, 10:13 AM
A third violation will result in automatic suspension from the university for a minimum of one semester.

It wasn't a third strike on the Blake Hammontree policy by any chance, was it?

BoomerJ
5/24/2011, 10:36 AM
What did he do?

I understood it to be cheating. However, if someone knows the juicy details, please correct me if I'm wrong.

BetterSoonerThanLater
5/24/2011, 10:41 AM
cheating? like, on his girlfriend? it couldn't be on a test. i mean, how do you cheat in leisure studies? you have someone else sit around and do nothing for you?

;)

Muno
5/24/2011, 01:28 PM
I understood it to be cheating. However, if someone knows the juicy details, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't think it's appropriate to go into the details but he made a mistake and hopefully he will get a second chance. What he did was dumb but I've seen a lot worse.

bornnbredou
5/24/2011, 01:34 PM
It was just some form of academic dishonesty and it was his second offense...it has already been said by someone I can't remember, that he is fully eligible to return this fall but his starting spot is no longer guaranteed so It's up to him to come back or transfer somewhere else.

badger
5/24/2011, 01:43 PM
What he did was dumb but I've seen a lot worse.
I have no idea what Flemming did (as I apparently guessed incorrectly earlier), but for any current students, the dumbest way to cheat is to plagiarize. Don't do it. Don't download a free college paper at a website, or pay someone else to write a college paper for you (especially a website). Don't erase someone else's name from a paper and put it your own name. Don't copy long passages out of books - they have you turn in your paper on a disc as well as a hard copy now for a reason. Don't lean over your friend's shoulder and copy whatever s/he's writing down, you aren't being as discrete as you might think you are, and there's cameras everywhere on campus.

I'm not speaking from experience, I'm speaking from hearing humorous tales of the failed attempts at cheating.

MyT Oklahoma
5/24/2011, 02:19 PM
Whatever he did, let us hope that he has learned his lesson.

OU_Sooners75
5/24/2011, 10:32 PM
If he is allowed back, is he eligible to play after having sat out the spring semester?

As long as he completed at least 12 hours of schooling in a complete semester... That can come in the spring semester or the summer semester. But he has be enrolled and pass the semester before to be eligible.

At least that is my understanding of the rule set by the NCAA.

SoonerofAlabama
5/28/2011, 09:38 PM
Is there any more news? Is he past the point of no return yet?

tennsooner
5/29/2011, 07:58 AM
cheating? like, on his girlfriend? it couldn't be on a test. i mean, how do you cheat in leisure studies? you have someone else sit around and do nothing for you?

;)

That's pure gold right there.:D :D

SoonerofAlabama
5/29/2011, 01:16 PM
As long as he completed at least 12 hours of schooling in a complete semester... That can come in the spring semester or the summer semester. But he has be enrolled and pass the semester before to be eligible.

At least that is my understanding of the rule set by the NCAA.

And can he still enroll?

SoonerofAlabama
5/29/2011, 02:03 PM
Does he have to enroll in the summer or can he enroll this fall also?

OUVarsityXV
7/6/2011, 03:39 PM
Please god does anyone have any news on Dr. Flemms?

SoonerofAlabama
7/6/2011, 03:42 PM
Please god does anyone have any news on Dr. Flemms?

He has qualified. It is up to the school now as to whether or not he will be back in the fall.

OUVarsityXV
7/6/2011, 03:48 PM
I know old Davey Boren. Let me get him on the horn and see what I can do......he hung up.

The Maestro
7/6/2011, 03:54 PM
He had sex with a BYU student, I heard.

LVSOONER15
7/6/2011, 03:57 PM
What!!!!:eek:

OUVarsityXV
7/6/2011, 04:01 PM
I need a new hobby. I am too crazy about these Oklahoma Sooners. I am thinking about trying meth. I feel like it would make me feel LESS manic than I do right now waiting for this season to start.

SoonerofAlabama
7/6/2011, 04:02 PM
I need a new hobby. I am too crazy about these Oklahoma Sooners. I am thinking about trying meth. I feel like it would make me feel LESS manic than I do right now waiting for this season to start.

Aren't we all?

OUVarsityXV
7/6/2011, 04:07 PM
I guess you are right. In that case does anyone wanna go half on this meth sack?

Mad Dog Madsen
7/6/2011, 04:23 PM
In that case does anyone wanna go half on this meth sack?

I got 20 on it...

Muno
7/6/2011, 06:24 PM
A couple of updates:

*Haven't heard anything new on whether the school has readmitted him.
*I do know that he was hanging out a lot in Norman around the time of Austin's funeral (he attended).
*He is up over 200 lbs which is the goal that was set for him in his "offseason" workouts.
*He was also benching in the high 300s which I guess is a huge improvement from where he was the last few years
*Based on everything I'm hearing he isn't catching any breaks by missing Schmitty's workouts. I also hear he is a real gym rat and a very hard worker. *Thought it was a joke he didn't make first team all-conference last year.
*Some of his family has made travel arrangements for Tallahasee.

Herr Scholz
7/6/2011, 06:26 PM
Was this just a grade issue for him? Did that ever come out definitively?

goingoneight
7/6/2011, 06:32 PM
No offense everybody... just wondering why it is people on a message board are so seemingly afraid to tell how they know the things they supposedly know? I don't trust "I have a source."
Doesn't really matter, though. We could start Donald Stephenson at corner this fall and the fans have no say in it, really. Just curious why everyone (including reporters) always act so sly about how they know what they know.

LASooner
7/6/2011, 09:05 PM
I heard James Hale on Sirius radio a week or so ago saying Flemming was on track to get back in, and that he was fairly confident he would be back. How much you trust Hale's view is up to you.

Muno
7/7/2011, 12:43 AM
No offense everybody... just wondering why it is people on a message board are so seemingly afraid to tell how they know the things they supposedly know? I don't trust "I have a source."
Doesn't really matter, though. We could start Donald Stephenson at corner this fall and the fans have no say in it, really. Just curious why everyone (including reporters) always act so sly about how they know what they know.

As I've stated previously I know a member of his family. I won't go into more detail as to my sources because they asked me to not post those kinds of details publicly.

OUVarsityXV
7/7/2011, 08:43 AM
I just read an update from my SoonerNews app. The article pretty much said he is on track and the only thing standing in his way would be OU not accepting him back which would be absurd.

JLEW1818
7/7/2011, 08:47 AM
would a normal student be accepted back?

;)

sooner KB
7/7/2011, 02:08 PM
I think Bob Stoops needs to get on the phone with whom ever is responsible for deciding on Flemming and tell the person he is confident that he will make the right decision, in a great way.

BoulderSooner79
7/7/2011, 05:48 PM
would a normal student be accepted back?

;)

Normal as it runs a 6+ second forty and benches 50lbs?