PDA

View Full Version : Corey Nelson

lexsooner
5/22/2011, 07:37 PM
OK, I don't know nearly as much about football as some on this board, but can someone answer this question: If Corey Nelson was indeed the best defensive player in spring practice as coaches say, isn't there some way of inserting him into the starting lineup, or can Lewis and Nelson only play that one position? It seems like you would want to get your best players on the field, and Nelson as a backup seems like a waste.

SoonerofAlabama
5/22/2011, 07:49 PM
He could come in for Wort at MLB even though he shoul play OLB. OR he could move to the other side and come in for Ibiloye.

oudavid1
5/22/2011, 08:36 PM
When Bob said he was the best player, i think he meant at his position. Which is outside linebacker. We typically like to go nickle, which is normally a 2 LB set. It just a question if he is ready to be one of those 2 backers and if he fits in at those spots. I think he will.

StoopTroup
5/22/2011, 08:41 PM
When Bob said he was the best player, i think he meant at his position. Which is outside linebacker. We typically like to go nickle, which is normally a 2 LB set. It just a question if he is ready to be one of those 2 backers and if he fits in at those spots. I think he will.

You will be chastised for taking up for what Bob supposedly said.

Muno
5/23/2011, 11:59 AM
He could come in for Wort at MLB even though he shoul play OLB. OR he could move to the other side and come in for Ibiloye.

Nelson is a little undersized to be playing MLB.

rekamrettuB
5/23/2011, 12:20 PM
OK, I don't know nearly as much about football as some on this board, but can someone answer this question: If Corey Nelson was indeed the best defensive player in spring practice as coaches say, isn't there some way of inserting him into the starting lineup, or can Lewis and Nelson only play that one position? It seems like you would want to get your best players on the field, and Nelson as a backup seems like a waste.

Good thing OU doesn't have a game this week...or next. See Ronnel Lewis and his move from LB to DE.

Lawton4Life
5/23/2011, 01:17 PM
Not to take away from anything Corey Nelson might do or can do, but at times Bob says these things to motivate players as well

NormanPride
5/23/2011, 02:05 PM
Yeah, but we all saw Corey come in and shine when he covered for Travis a few times. The dude can play.

kelloggOUballa
5/23/2011, 02:37 PM
I thought he said James Winchester was the best player on the field?

SoonerofAlabama
5/23/2011, 06:30 PM
James Winchester is the best player on the field. :D
Start at about 8:30.

hjkXDtereI4

rekamrettuB
5/23/2011, 09:19 PM
I thought he said James Winchester was the best player on the field?

Brody Eldridge

SoonerofAlabama
5/28/2011, 07:11 PM
I am sure the coaches will find a way to fit him in. Bob may say some things just to pump up players, but he will find a way to fit him in.