PDA

View Full Version : Comment from a Poke fan

tfoolry
5/21/2011, 01:01 PM
Report CommentCowboy88, (1 hour ago)
This is a terrible thing that happened to one of Oklahoma's own and I send my condolences to the Box family and everyone else affected...

Now a message to the Tulsa World:

This is the ninth article that has been posted on your site in the last three days regarding this situation, if I count correctly. NINE. Isn't that a little redundant? I don't want you to think I am not showing sympathy, but NINE pieces on the same story? Come on...

I understand you want to cover the news, and while this IS a big news story, you are failing miserably at this. Did you know there was college baseball played last night? Nothing on that so far... Did you know the NUMBER ONE GOLF TEAM IN THE NATION is dominating their NCAA Regional in Colorado by TWENTY strokes? No mention of that anywhere on this site as of yet...

Mr. Emig, this story was pointless. We all know the Medical Examiner is working their hardest to determine the cause of death. Shouldn't we keep from publishing anything that has no news value at all and stick to writing stories about the accomplishments of what our state athletics are doing CURRENTLY?

Stick with the real news, TW.

oudavid1
5/21/2011, 01:14 PM
I would love to go off on this. But now is just not the time.

Flagstaffsooner
5/21/2011, 01:22 PM
dirty ag

SoonerofAlabama
5/21/2011, 01:26 PM
I would love to go off on this. But now is just not the time.

Well said. But I have to just say one thing: Why even ask that question. It is way too soon too whine that your golf and baseball teams aren't getting enough coverage because of the unfortunate death of a player in your state. He should be ashamed. If one of Oklahoma State's players were too pass away today, God forbid, I wouldn't complain that they weren't talking about Oklahoma's softball team enough. Sick. :mad:

silverwheels
5/21/2011, 01:26 PM
Stay classy, Poke fan.

BajaOklahoma
5/21/2011, 01:29 PM
Personally, I would love to see the media give the family and friends, including our players and staff, some space.

XingTheRubicon
5/21/2011, 01:36 PM
pretty much agree with the poke

rekamrettuB
5/21/2011, 01:51 PM
Those comments are cut and pasted for whatver story about OU is out there. They just change a couple words and Taaaa-Daaaa, new post.

SoonerofAlabama
5/21/2011, 01:55 PM
Maybe too many articles have been printed, but the guy just wants his team to be talked about. And that is selfish.

tfoolry
5/21/2011, 02:11 PM
Those comments are cut and pasted for whatver story about OU is out there. They just change a couple words and Taaaa-Daaaa, new post.

Just go to the comments under this story & Taaaa-Daaaa.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20110521_92_B1_CUTLIN246783

SoonerofAlabama
5/21/2011, 02:21 PM
This is the biggest story from Oklahoma. These small things aren't important right now. I understand more of where he is coming from now, but you have to be a little empathetic. There are definitely too many articles on the same subject upon further investigation, but these guys are just trying to put out as much information as possible.

bixby28
5/21/2011, 02:54 PM
Austin's death is bigger than the accomplishments of OSU's minor sports. Even if this had happened to someone on OSU's football team (God forbid) it would have been all over the local papers. The inferiority complex that exists within the OSU fanbase is ridiculous.

picasso
5/21/2011, 06:00 PM
Isn't Emig the OU beat writer? Not too bright there Poke.

SoonerDood
5/21/2011, 06:06 PM
Isn't Emig the OU beat writer? Not too bright there Poke.

no joke! The OU writer for an Oklahoma paper isn't supposed to write about happenings at OU? That Aggot must work for Fox News.

LASooner
5/21/2011, 06:29 PM
Putting the 'assy' in Classy....OSU.

bluedogok
5/21/2011, 07:04 PM
Austin's death is bigger than the accomplishments of OSU's minor sports. Even if this had happened to someone on OSU's football team (God forbid) it would have been all over the local papers. The inferiority complex that exists within the OSU fanbase is ridiculous.
At OSU there are no "minor sports"......if they win at anything it is a "major sport" in their minds.

JLEW1818
5/21/2011, 07:05 PM
they suck at life, and they have to wear the color orange.

Boomer Mooner
5/21/2011, 07:28 PM
There's a time and place to whine like this. The time is whenever you damn well please and the place is anywhere but here. Maybe orangepower.com.

LiveLaughLove
5/21/2011, 07:45 PM
they suck at life, and they have to wear the color orange.

Hence my reason for disliking the Thunder colors. Ditch the orange.

MyT Oklahoma
5/21/2011, 07:54 PM
It's a free country so if Cowboy88 doesn't like the stories in the Tulsa newspaper.. then he can always go somewhere else for his news. End of story.

StoopTroup
5/21/2011, 08:40 PM
INTERNET

THROAT PUNCH ! ! !

King Barry's Back
5/21/2011, 08:44 PM
Let's be completely honest. These reporters (and editors, etc) are all human beings also.

When a kid dies so young, and in such great shape, it shocks people, it saddens them. It often forces them to reevaluate the fragility of life, and question their own place in the universe.

That's absolutely natural and there's nothing wrong with it.

So, guess what those writers are going to want to write about?

To turn the most human of emotions into a story about disrespecting OSU is little brotherism taken to an extreme.

Kray
5/21/2011, 08:45 PM
These aren't related things. The World should cover this stuff, and Box has nothing at all to do with it. I don't think this guy meant to be offensive.

Always_Sooner
5/21/2011, 08:46 PM
I would like to tell him off the Chicago way, but I haven't got the time of day or use for the man... Hey buddy have a nice day!!...

olevetonahill
5/21/2011, 08:51 PM
These aren't related things. The World should cover this stuff, and Box has nothing at all to do with it. I don't think this guy meant to be offensive.

I agree, Hes a Poke, Its Just natural.:D

rekamrettuB
5/21/2011, 10:20 PM

Ya he probably started his statement with "not to offend anyone".

Sooner_Tuf
5/23/2011, 01:26 AM
Nobody is writing stories about the pokes because nobody GAS about the pokes.

sooner59
5/23/2011, 01:42 AM
and...../thread

champions77
5/23/2011, 10:58 AM
Pukes complain that too much media attention is given to Darrell Williams for being charged with rape, and now this moron thinks too much is being made of an OU fb player's death.

Would it not be great to go to the SEC and leave these sorry sacks of dung behind to fend for themselves with the likes of Iowa State, Baylor and KU?

oudanny
5/23/2011, 11:06 AM
Idiot Alert!

OU_Sooners75
5/23/2011, 11:30 AM

Apparently you miss the point of people against what the guy said.

1. Emig wrote an article about a Sooner that past away way too young. I know, it isnt the first one on TW, but Emig is the OU beat writer. So the OSU ********* was reading a OU beat story. Hell, he is the one that opened the link and read the story then commented.

2. No body really cares about golf. There are very little articles about it through the season, so why change for a damn regional?

3. The guy needs to get over himself and stop trying to get an OU beat writer to write about OSU sports.

OU_Sooners75
5/23/2011, 11:31 AM
Pukes complain that too much media attention is given to Darrell Williams for being charged with rape, and now this moron thinks too much is being made of an OU fb player's death.

Would it not be great to go to the SEC and leave these sorry sacks of dung behind to fend for themselves with the likes of Iowa State, Baylor and KU?

Even if we went to the SEC, we would still be stuck with dealing with them. The only way we get rid of OSU is to move them out of the state!

usaosooner
5/23/2011, 12:36 PM
that guy is a dick

85sooners
5/23/2011, 05:10 PM
Pokes are queers

badger
5/23/2011, 05:23 PM
Pokes are queers

8D_XLCmY0D8

Stop insulting gay people by calling them Pokes! :mad:

;)

tfoolry
5/23/2011, 06:51 PM
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk140/tfoolry/0152.jpg

meoveryouxinfinity
5/23/2011, 07:20 PM
Hence my reason for disliking the Thunder colors. Ditch the orange.

it's not orange, it's a mix of red (crimson) and orange.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_Thunder
Look to the box to the right:
Team colors Light Blue, Orange-Red, Gold, Navy, White