PDA

View Full Version : First Game Next Year

SoonerofAlabama
5/20/2011, 10:37 PM
In light of the recent tragedy that has occured, I am asking about the players that were arrested or charged by the police.

What will happen to Kenny Stills, Tony Jefferson, and Marquis Anderson? Will they still not be allowed to play? I know that Stoops runs a tight ship and usually isn't lenient with these sort of things. They do need to be punished and I do not know how close they were to Austin, but they are on the same team and I thought it was an interseting thought. I also know that a punishment hasn't been issued yet, but I would just like to know what you think Bob will do.

SoonerofAlabama
5/20/2011, 10:44 PM
Has there been any word on what those players' punishments will be?

gaylordfan1
5/20/2011, 11:23 PM
Well, Stills and Jefferson are both in Haiti doing mission work alongside other OU players. I don't know if they signed up before or after the arrest, but it only helps.

SoonerofAlabama
5/20/2011, 11:43 PM
True

texaspokieokie
5/21/2011, 08:04 AM
don't see how this would change their situations.

tcrb
5/21/2011, 09:30 AM
don't see how this would change their situations.

Yeah, I just dont see Coach Stoops giving them a pass.

SoonerofAlabama
5/21/2011, 10:09 AM
If the palyers do not get to play this first game, do they have to sit in the stands or can they be on the field, just not dressed out?

BillySimmons
5/21/2011, 11:17 AM
If the palyers do not get to play this first game, do they have to sit in the stands or can they be on the field, just not dressed out?

sit in the stands? Im pretty sure they wouldn't make them sit in the stands....just stand on the sidelines along with the injured players and such

SoCaliSooner
5/21/2011, 12:11 PM
A couple of players made mistakes. In light of the situation it shoul be a somber reminder of how making a bad decision can be fatal. I wouldn't lift their suspension or ease their punishment one bit.

Anybody who places character over athletic achievement can see you don't let a couple kids slide because something worse happened to somebody else.