PDA

View Full Version : White out in Tally

owenfieldreams
5/20/2011, 08:18 PM
I've read on this board and others the suggestion that we execute a "white out" @ The Doak on 9/17, as we did in Tuscaloosa.

I'd like to propose we take it one step further and all wear cream jerseys with crimson lettering w/the # 12 on each jersey and the name BOX on the back.

I'll see you all in Tally.

SoonerofAlabama
5/20/2011, 09:19 PM
You can try. It sounds like a great idea, but it is hard to organize that many people and get that many people to do that. I hope it happens though.

agoo758
5/20/2011, 09:25 PM
I'd rather we not look like the Penn State crowd TBH.

yermom
5/20/2011, 09:32 PM
well, Penn State does it at home, and it's like the whole stadium

i can't imagine it would bear much resemblance if the visiting section did it in Tallahassee

colleyvillesooner
5/20/2011, 11:09 PM
it wouldn't

Blue
5/21/2011, 12:53 AM
Put the link up for that jersey and I'll buy one.

owenfieldreams
5/21/2011, 07:07 AM
Obviously, you fellows weren't in Tuscaloosa for the back end of our home/home with Alabama. Our sections were all in white and they stuck out like a sore thumb.

We got numerous comments from ALABAMA fans about how stark the look was to see an all white area in their stadium.

Gosh, I guess that south half of the Cotton Bowl is irrelevant. Do you people ever leave Norman?

texaspokieokie
5/21/2011, 07:34 AM
I've read on this board and others the suggestion that we execute a "white out" @ The Doak on 9/17, as we did in Tuscaloosa.

I'd like to propose we take it one step further and all wear cream jerseys with crimson lettering w/the # 12 on each jersey and the name BOX on the back.

i think you're asking a bit much.

i leave norman after every game.
not going to Tally (?) tho.

SoonerofAlabama
5/21/2011, 09:21 AM
Obviously, you fellows weren't in Tuscaloosa for the back end of our home/home with Alabama. Our sections were all in white and they stuck out like a sore thumb.

We got numerous comments from ALABAMA fans about how stark the look was to see an all white area in their stadium.

Gosh, I guess that south half of the Cotton Bowl is irrelevant. Do you people ever leave Norman?

This is different though. It is a good idea, but many people do not have a cream-colored shirt with the number 12 on it. The Alabama game was different, everyone wore a white-colored shirt. What you are asking for is a good bit and not everyone can do it.

owenfieldreams
5/21/2011, 09:22 AM
Probably not going to happen. It was just a thought. I'll be there on 9/17, in gear.

SoonerofAlabama
5/21/2011, 09:23 AM
Have fun. It may be a while off, but post some pics when you are there.

BillySimmons
5/21/2011, 11:33 AM
Yeah I think everyone wearing a white shirt could be done, but a cream-colored shirt with the number 12? Do they even make cream colored shirts anymore?

soonerloyal
5/21/2011, 11:39 AM
I designed these for my boys and I.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/Zazzle/WinForNumber12_Front.png

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/Zazzle/WinForNumber12_Back.png

SoonerofAlabama
5/21/2011, 11:45 AM
I designed these for my boys and I.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/Zazzle/WinForNumber12_Front.png

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/Zazzle/WinForNumber12_Back.png

They look GREAT! I would be proud to wear that.

owenfieldreams
5/21/2011, 05:48 PM
Couldn't you just buy the regular Nike away jersey sold in stores w/the #12 on it.

There's one shown in the official merchandise section on Soonersports.com. Then put BOX on the back.

colleyvillesooner
5/21/2011, 06:22 PM
yes, you can, but most people aren't going to make that expense, worthy cause or not.

Blue
5/21/2011, 06:32 PM
The question is, "Will it match my jorts?"

JLEW1818
5/21/2011, 07:04 PM
gotta get SoonerSports involved somehow

jkjsooner
5/21/2011, 09:31 PM

I got the same comments from Alabama fans but most of them didn't realize that they can take credit for it because they did it when they came to Norman.

It had everything to do with the teams having the same color - which I suppose almost applies to FSU.

Sabanball
5/23/2011, 06:18 PM
True, we did do a 'white out' when we travelled to Norman in '02, at the request of none other than Dennis "77-0" Franchione. From talking to OU folks, though, they were more impressed with the number of RV's we brought there than any gimmicky colors we might have been wearing for the game itself. You guys basically ran out of room, as I recall.

texaspokieokie
5/23/2011, 06:22 PM
True, we did do a 'white out' when we travelled to Norman in '02, at the request of none other than Dennis "77-0" Franchione. From talking to OU folks, though, they were more impressed with the number of RV's we brought there than any gimmicky colors we might have been wearing for the game itself. You guys basically ran out of room, as I recall.

i was very impressed with the RVs.

bama really does support their team !!!

Sabanball
5/23/2011, 08:40 PM
i was very impressed with the RVs.

bama really does support their team !!!

I remember one OU fan told me while I was there that we had even out done anything the Nebraska fans had EVER brought. At the time, and given your rivalry, that shocked me...

The Maestro
5/24/2011, 11:07 AM
Honest opinion...I am getting tired of the "let us fans all where the same shirt" mentality going on. I know the NBA playoffs are really getting this thing fired up. How about I just wear my clothes and be a good fan? It's not about me...I'm just a fan. I support OU big time and hope to be in Tally...what I wear will have no direct effect on the game. I doubt any players for OU notice me and play better if my clothes match yours. I doubt ESPN cameras will be on me.

Just sayin'.

EatLeadCommie
5/24/2011, 11:44 AM
all the FSU fans last year were wearing garnet colored jerseys and you couldn't tell them apart from the OU fans in the crowd. Better off wearing white than crimson in Talahassee.

SoonerofAlabama
5/28/2011, 01:00 PM
Yeah, I won't be able to make the trip down, but I would love to see a sea of white in the crowd chanting BOOMER SOONER!

SoonerNate
5/28/2011, 02:21 PM
The question is, "Will it match my jorts?"

It's FSU not UF ;)

Sooner_Tuf
5/28/2011, 03:11 PM

Your recollection is poor. Alabama did bring a ton of RVs. Without a doubt more than Huskers have ever brought to Norman.

I take it you weren't in Norman that day. It's not like they overfilled the Lloyd Noble Center parking lot and were looking for places to park. The Huskers have a good fan base but they aren't exactly the hardest partying one in College Football.

What Alabama did bring though was a whole bunch of really fun people that were knowledgeable about college football. Plenty of schools have brought as many people to Norman as Alabama but none have brought as many that were so similar to own fans.

I would like to see OU/Alabama play more often. Tuscaloosa is a great place for us to visit also. Maybe because we don't play often enough for it to be a rivalry. The atmosphere was more one of respect than is normally felt.

SoonerofAlabama
5/29/2011, 03:19 PM
all the FSU fans last year were wearing garnet colored jerseys and you couldn't tell them apart from the OU fans in the crowd. Better off wearing white than crimson in Talahassee.

It would be awesome. Whoever had #12 cream-colored jersey had a good idea, but almost no one could do that.

StoopTroup
5/29/2011, 03:44 PM
What about just some cream Shoes and a Cream Hat and a ruler super glued to my chest?

Somehow I don't see Austin promoting that....

I like stuff like maybe a Golf ball marker/ Clip for the brim of my Hat with a #12 on it. I have one of these with an "OU" on it and I'd definitely buy one with a #12 on it, especially of it when to a Charity of Austin's to maybe promote research on helping folks with back injuries.

http://www.artscow.com/photo-gifts/ball-marker/golf-ball-marker-hat-clip-266

BTW....Loyal's T-shirt is pretty cool....

StoopTroup
5/29/2011, 03:48 PM
Yeah, I won't be able to make the trip down, but I would love to see a sea of white in the crowd chanting BOOMER SOONER!

If FSU is doing a White Out....that makes sense to you? Am I missing something?

SoonerofAlabama
5/29/2011, 04:27 PM
Is FSU doing a white out?

SoonerofAlabama
5/29/2011, 04:32 PM
I am just saying seeing Sooner fans all in white would be cool. I don't know what the confusion was.

StoopTroup
5/29/2011, 05:17 PM

huh...I miss read it....it's the potato salad I guess...maybe the deviled eggs....

The qui got me

bringit
5/29/2011, 07:22 PM
I will be wearing as little clothing as possible for this game. September + Florida = sweaty as hell

SoonerofAlabama
5/30/2011, 12:37 PM
It wold be worse in Gainsville. Humidity.