PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

olevetonahill
5/20/2011, 02:59 PM
Read the article then vote.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110520/ap_on_fe_st/us_found_money

saucysoonergal
5/20/2011, 03:01 PM
If I gave it back, I would expect a 15% finders fee.

olevetonahill
5/20/2011, 03:02 PM
If I gave it back, I would expect a 15% finders fee.

you dint wait fer the Pole , ya impatient heifer :P

Jammin'
5/20/2011, 03:03 PM
I'd have done the same thing. Honesty above all.

Plus, $45,000? pffft.

On Edit: work faster old man.

sooner ngintunr
5/20/2011, 03:07 PM
What exactly would be dishonest about keeping the money?

olevetonahill
5/20/2011, 03:08 PM
I'd have done the same thing. Honesty above all.

Plus, $45,000? pffft.

On Edit: work faster old man.

Easy on the OLD there youngun.I only got 2 fingers to type with.:P

Jammin'
5/20/2011, 03:11 PM
What exactly would be dishonest about keeping the money?

good point. but I would have felt like **** for a looooong time doing that. No need to lose sleep over that type of money.

Easy on the OLD there youngun.I only got 2 fingers to type with.:P

Fair enough. And I have a pretty good idea of what two fingers you'd show me if I ask to see them.

olevetonahill
5/20/2011, 03:12 PM
Those who say they would have given the money to the dudes kids, care to say WHY?

If ya buy a box of costume Jewelry at a yard sale for 5 bucks and then find a 100,000$ diamond ring in said box, would you take the ring back to the folks who sold it to you?

Buy an old car for 500$ and find out its worth 250,000# would you sell it back to people you bot it from?

Jammin'
5/20/2011, 03:14 PM
Those who say they would have given the money to the dudes kids, care to say WHY?

If ya buy a box of costume Jewelry at a yard sale for 5 bucks and then find a 100,000$ diamond ring in said box, would you take the ring back to the folks who sold it to you?

Buy an old car for 500$ and find out its worth 250,000# would you sell it back to people you bot it from?

I understand that the cash would legally be mine since I bought the house but this part of the story pretty well summarizes why I would give it back.

"I could imagine him in his workshop. From time to time, he would carefully bundle up $100 with twine, climb up into his attic and put it into a box to save. And he didn't do that for me," Ferrin said of the man who had worked as a biologist for the Utah Department of Fish and Game.

On Edit: Fish and Game...snicker.

Penguin
5/20/2011, 03:18 PM
Take the money and run before a creepy dude with a compressed air gun shows up wanting his money.

olevetonahill
5/20/2011, 03:18 PM
I understand that the cash would legally be mine since I bought the house but this part of the story pretty well summarizes why I would give it back.

Quote:
"I could imagine him in his workshop. From time to time, he would carefully bundle up $100 with twine, climb up into his attic and put it into a box to save. And he didn't do that for me," Ferrin said of the man who had worked as a biologist for the Utah Department of Fish and Game.

On Edit: Fish and Game...snicker.

Bastage.:P

I doubt the old fart was doing it for his kids either.

SoCaliSooner
5/20/2011, 03:27 PM
Donate 10% to the church, 10% to the fire departments widows/ orphans relief fund, donate 10% to the LAPD widows fund, donate 10% to the national volunteer firefighter council, donate 10% to Surfers Healing for autistic kids, donate 10% to the Alisa Ann Ruch Burn Foundation for burned kids, donate 10% to the NKH Crusaders Foundation, donate 10% to the Salvation Army, donate 10% to the Red Cross....and donate 10% to BevMo in exchange for rum.

I'd do all the donations in the prior families name and send them a letter informing them of their fathers posthumous generosity..

Jammin'
5/20/2011, 03:32 PM
I'd like it noted I don't know anyone involved in this story. true story.

texaspokieokie
5/20/2011, 03:41 PM
Take the money and run before a creepy dude with a compressed air gun shows up wanting his money.

Good movie !!!

i don't know what i'd do.

might depend on how much you needed some money.

Turd_Ferguson
5/20/2011, 03:41 PM
I would have left it right where it was and not told a soul. Then, I coulda snuck a hun out every once in a while to replenish the beer fridge...45k could've kept me in Natty for a couple of years or so...

Flagstaffsooner
5/20/2011, 03:59 PM
I would have left it right where it was and not told a soul. Then, I coulda snuck a hun out every once in a while to replenish the beer fridge...45k could've kept me in Natty for a couple of years or so...Xactly, dont let the IRS know.

King Fuzzy
5/20/2011, 04:16 PM
Quality humans do quality things.

NormanPride
5/20/2011, 04:47 PM
It would make me sick to my stomach to throw away more money than I've ever seen, but I'd be even sicker if I had kept it. I would certainly hope that the people I gave it to would be generous back to me, though. :D

texaspokieokie
5/20/2011, 05:09 PM
It would make me sick to my stomach to throw away more money than I've ever seen, but I'd be even sicker if I had kept it. I would certainly hope that the people I gave it to would be generous back to me, though. :D

nobody knew the money was there or how much.

take your %age out in advance.
:D :D

boomerinhou
5/20/2011, 05:27 PM
Xactly, dont let the IRS know.

It will be interesting to see if the IRS tries to get their share. It is officially an inheritance. And cash is taxed at the highest rate. I hope the media keeps on top of it.

Since the family rattled off everything they needed that the cash would have gone to, I bet there will be companies lining up to give them everything on their list, just to be in the media spotlight.

:rolleyes:

soonerchk
5/20/2011, 05:43 PM
I'd give it back for the same reason Jammin and NP would - I'd feel too guilty not to! Besides, that dude would come back and haunt me and then I'd have to move again, and it's just not worth the effort.

boomerinhou
5/20/2011, 05:54 PM
It would be too funny if we learned the kids and parents had a bad falling out and they hadn't spoken to each other in years....

:eek: