PDA

View Full Version : i just confirmed

jk the sooner fan
5/19/2011, 10:06 AM
with my boss - that if the world does indeed end on Saturday - we don't have to come in on Monday

so i've got that going for me

sooner_born_1960
5/19/2011, 10:07 AM
Lucky. I had to put in a leave slip. Just in case.

jk the sooner fan
5/19/2011, 10:09 AM
i was thinking about asking for a telework day

soonerchk
5/19/2011, 10:09 AM
I'm hosting a baby shower on Saturday, I hope it ends before that. I'd hate to spend my final hours with those people.

CrimsonJim
5/19/2011, 10:16 AM
So should I just go ahead and cancel my Dr.'s appointment for next Tuesday? :confused:

jk the sooner fan
5/19/2011, 10:19 AM
So should I just go ahead and cancel my Dr.'s appointment for next Tuesday? :confused:

absolutely, i would

Cheez-It
5/19/2011, 10:19 AM

Yes...you don't want them to charge you the $25.00 no show fee!!

CrimsonJim
5/19/2011, 10:20 AM
absolutely, i would

Yes...you don't want them to charge you the $25.00 no show fee!!

True dat. I will make it so.

thecynic
5/19/2011, 10:21 AM
I'll still be here

Viking Kitten
5/19/2011, 10:22 AM
with my boss - that if the world does indeed end on Saturday - we don't have to come in on Monday

so i've got that going for me

But will you get the day off with pay? That's the important question.

jk the sooner fan
5/19/2011, 10:23 AM
But will you get the day off with pay? That's the important question.

i'm a federal employee - so anything is possible

CrimsonJim
5/19/2011, 10:24 AM
Same here - I'm expecting to get paid.

soonercruiser
5/19/2011, 11:17 AM
I figure we will still need plenty of trash pick up.
:D

olevetonahill
5/19/2011, 11:20 AM
Those of Yall who are leaving, Just go ahead and send me any monies ya have left. Ill make sure its spent right.;)

KantoSooner
5/19/2011, 11:58 AM
Also send Vet any of your animals. He's got a soft spot in his heart and won't mind taking in a few dozen cats, dogs, hamsters, fish, birds, etc.

I heard him say so. So it must be true.

olevetonahill
5/19/2011, 12:03 PM
Also send Vet any of your animals. He's got a soft spot in his heart and won't mind taking in a few dozen cats, dogs, hamsters, fish, birds, etc.

I heard him say so. So it must be true.

But DONT send any Gators.:eek:

3rdgensooner
5/19/2011, 12:12 PM
vet isn't the only one willing:

Atheist offering post-Rapture care for pets left behind (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/living/2015009181_rapturepet10.html)

In 2009, Bart Centre launched Eternal Earth-Bound Pets USA. Centre guarantees that if or when the Rapture comes he or one of his 44 contractors in 26 states, including Washington, will drive to your home within 24 hours, collect your pet, and adopt it.

http://local.ads.nwsource.com/ads/adv.gifBart Centre does not believe in heaven, but he's pretty sure that if there is a heaven, your pet is not going there.

He is an atheist, and proudly so. But he knows that plenty of people do believe in God and do believe in heaven. And some of them believe in the Rapture, the day when true Christians will be called up to Jesus Christ. Some people — including a group that put ads on the backs of buses — think the Rapture is coming May 21.

The Rapture could leave a lot of dogs and cats looking longingly at their food bowls after their owners have floated off to heaven. That's where Centre comes in.

In 2009, he launched Eternal Earth-Bound Pets USA. Centre guarantees that if or when the Rapture comes he or one of his 44 contractors in 26 states, including Washington, will drive to your home within 24 hours, collect your dog, cat, bird, rabbit or small caged mammal, and adopt it. (Rapture rescue services for horses, camels, llamas and donkeys are limited to New Hampshire, Vermont, Idaho and Montana.)

The cost is $135, plus $20 per additional animal. Payable upfront, of course, and good for 10 years.

"Right now, we have over 250 clients," said Centre, 62, who is retired and pens anti-religion books under the name Dromedary Hump.

Centre says he has carefully screened all the rescuers. They have to love animals, of course, but just as important is that they don't love Jesus. For obvious reasons, they're all atheists.

"These are people not likely to be Raptured under any circumstances," Centre said.

crawfish
5/19/2011, 01:02 PM
If true, it won't be the end of the world on Sunday, just the disappearance of a bunch of Christians. Your boss is a hedge-betting bastard. :D

OhU1
5/19/2011, 01:19 PM
Damn, several other people already had the same idea I had about post rapture pet care. :mad: I want my piece of the action.

soonercruiser
5/19/2011, 04:16 PM
Damn, several other people already had the same idea I had about post rapture pet care. :mad: I want my piece of the action.

Vet doesn't want my gator or serpent.
You wanna keep them for me?

Xunil
5/19/2011, 05:10 PM
WTH are you people talking about?

OhU1
5/19/2011, 06:17 PM
Vet doesn't want my gator or serpent.
You wanna keep them for me?

PM me, I'll let you know where to send the $100 non-refundable deposit. I'll take care of your critters.

soonercruiser
5/19/2011, 08:51 PM
PM me, I'll let you know where to send the $100 non-refundable deposit. I'll take care of your critters.

Will 300 schekkles do?

StoopTroup
5/19/2011, 09:00 PM
I've been promised a spot on the last shuttle for my whole family if once I've helped send the chosen ones to the International Space Station that we would follow and then be Teleported to a planet similar to Earth in the Vega System where God and the rest of the Catholics will enjoy the water collected from the fountain of Youth.

OhU1
5/19/2011, 09:01 PM
Will 300 schekkles do?

Yep, that equals $86.12 per Google. I'll give you a 14% new customer discount. :D

fadada1
5/20/2011, 09:02 AM
I've been promised a spot on the last shuttle for my whole family if once I've helped send the chosen ones to the International Space Station that we would follow and then be Teleported to a planet similar to Earth in the Vega System where God and the rest of the Catholics will enjoy the water collected from the fountain of Youth.

i got that email as well. i secured my spot on the shuttle and 30 million euros from a guy in algeria that said i had an uncle that left it to me. and thankfully, after tomorrow, i won't need my social security number anymore.

it's all about preparation, brother. kudos to you.

saucysoonergal
5/20/2011, 09:40 AM
_eyFiClAzq8

jk the sooner fan
5/20/2011, 11:13 AM
i fully intend on wearing my Nike's tomorrow and eating my apple sauce