PDA

View Full Version : I thought the Unabomber was dead?

soonerchk
5/19/2011, 10:06 AM
From CNN Breaking News:

The FBI wants DNA samples from 'Unabomber' Ted Kaczynski in its probe of the 1982 Tylenol killings.

jk the sooner fan
5/19/2011, 10:07 AM
noooooo, he's been in fed lock up for awhile now - not dead

soonerchk
5/19/2011, 10:10 AM
noooooo, he's been in fed lock up for awhile now - not dead

I guess I thought he was dead because eh's been quiet, unlike Terry Nichols and his complaints over prison food. IT'S PRISON, NOT A HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS!!!

jk the sooner fan
5/19/2011, 10:11 AM
prison food - one of the things most criminals dont think about when they're plotting their evil deeds

saucysoonergal
5/19/2011, 10:16 AM
Theres nothing like the smell of prison in the morning.

soonerchk
5/19/2011, 10:17 AM
prison food - one of the things most criminals dont think about when they're plotting their evil deeds

That and the orange jumpsuits are the only things standing between me and a felony conviction.

Boomer.....

or *** rapings

The Profit
Yep, he's at the SuperMax in Colorado. My brother covered that story for Newsweek.

CrimsonJim
5/19/2011, 10:18 AM
or *** rapings

I dunno, I think I would keep that in mind. Just sayin'... ;)

Mjcpr
5/19/2011, 10:18 AM
That and the orange jumpsuits are the only things standing between me and a felony conviction.

or *** rapings

Don't put words in her mouth.

sooner_born_1960
5/19/2011, 10:19 AM
He will be dead after the FBI sucks all his DNA out.

jk the sooner fan
5/19/2011, 10:20 AM
or *** rapings

yeah that one i'm not forgetting

ever

prison food? way down on the list of "cons"

saucysoonergal
5/19/2011, 10:21 AM
The Cinnamon rolls at Big Mac aren't half bad though.

CrimsonJim
5/19/2011, 10:22 AM
Cinnamon rolls and *** rapings...cinnamon rolls and *** rapings. Meh, I'll pass on the cinnamon rolls, and I _DO_ love me some good cinnamon rolls.

virginiasooner
5/19/2011, 10:25 AM
He might as well be dead -- doing time in Supermax in Florence, Colorado.

soonerchk
5/19/2011, 10:26 AM
or *** rapings

Not worried about that. I'd be running the joint in a week.

3rdgensooner
5/19/2011, 10:27 AM
Criminals are not inclined to give much thought to consequences in general.

You can quote me on that.

thecynic
5/19/2011, 10:32 AM
I was actually in Montana working closely with a CBS crew when they found the unabomber. It was pretty fun to watch go down.

lexsooner
5/19/2011, 10:34 AM
The Cinnamon rolls at Big Mac aren't half bad though.

Ever been to the control unit there? I have never seen such scary guys in all my life! They made the death row inmates on the other side seem like choir boys.

lexsooner
5/19/2011, 10:41 AM

Yup. They are usually impulsive, have below average intelligence, and I think they are wired differently than normal people, with anti-social and rule-breaking personality traits.

3rdgensooner
5/19/2011, 10:50 AM
Yup. They are usually impulsive, have below average intelligence, and I think they are wired differently than normal people, with anti-social and rule-breaking personality traits.There is a subset of the population "wired" quite like criminals, they just choose to operate a bit more within societal norms--until they don't.

Enron is a great example of what can happen when they are given the keys to the store.

soonerchk
5/19/2011, 10:57 AM
Almost everyone is capable of criminal behavior under the right (wrong?) set of circumstances.

SoCaliSooner
5/19/2011, 11:13 AM
Right after they caught the guy I mentioned many times that I bet he was the one behind the tylenol tampering.

I'm a sociopath so I know how these folks think.

Penguin
5/19/2011, 11:15 AM
He declined to provide a DNA sample? He's a freaking federal prisoner! He has a choice?

jk the sooner fan
5/19/2011, 11:16 AM
He declined to provide a DNA sample? He's a freaking federal prisoner! He has a choice?

yep - you still have 4th amendment protection even while in jail

i'm sure getting a warrant won't be all that difficult

SoCaliSooner
5/19/2011, 11:20 AM
I figured they could get it without a warrant just by getting it from an eating tray.

2121Sooner
5/19/2011, 12:12 PM
He might as well be dead -- doing time in Supermax in Florence, Colorado.

Yeah cause the one room country bungalo in Montana he was living is was so plush

Jammin'
5/19/2011, 12:21 PM
There is a subset of the population "wired" quite like criminals, they just choose to operate a bit more within societal norms--until they don't.

The US gov't is a great example of what can happen when they are given the keys to the store.

fify.

Soonerwake
5/19/2011, 12:59 PM

Do you mean kinda like say, death by pharmacist??

lexsooner
5/19/2011, 01:02 PM

He has no choice. There is a federal statute mandating all federal prisoners with felony convictions provide DNA samples for FBI testing and their database. If going to the hole, being counseled, etc., does not work, they can hold him down and take a sample from him against his will.

jk the sooner fan
5/19/2011, 01:04 PM
He has no choice. There is a federal statute mandating all federal prisoners with felony convictions provide DNA samples for FBI testing and their database. If going to the hole, being counseled, etc., does not work, they can hold him down and take a sample from him against his will.

if he has no choice, they wouldnt have asked

there are different kinds/purposes of DNA samples - if you're collecting a sample for the specific purpose of conducting an investigation - you follow the 4th amendment search requirements

lexsooner
5/19/2011, 01:30 PM
if he has no choice, they wouldnt have asked

there are different kinds/purposes of DNA samples - if you're collecting a sample for the specific purpose of conducting an investigation - you follow the 4th amendment search requirements

I checked a source who works for the federal prisons and he said Kosinski has already been tested for DNA a couple of years ago and the sample went to the FBI for testing and storage in their database. Why would the FBI need to ask in this case? They should already have the sample.

Even if it had not already been taken, a warrant would not have been necessary. They could have asked prison officials to move him up on the testing list and the prison folks could have taken it, against his will if needed, based on the statute. The whole purpose of the statute mandating the DNA samples was to create a large database for law enforcement purposes to investigate crimes, esp. old cases like the Tylenol case. Is it any wonder why 9-11 happened?

soonerchk
5/19/2011, 01:33 PM
Is it any wonder why 9-11 happened?

Did you really just go there over the Unabomber and his dna???

Mjcpr
5/19/2011, 01:34 PM
He's probably been in solitary forever....I bet there is DNA everywhere.

lexsooner
5/19/2011, 01:39 PM
Did you really just go there over the Unabomber and his dna???

If you worked daily with the bureaucracy of the FBI, DOJ, DEA, BOP, etc. etc., I think you would fully understand the statement is not a huge stretch as it appears.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/19/2011, 03:32 PM

You can quote me on that.With a few exceptions, not the brightest cells in the gene pool

soonerchk
5/19/2011, 03:38 PM
If you worked daily with the bureaucracy of the FBI, DOJ, DEA, BOP, etc. etc., I think you would fully understand the statement is not a huge stretch as it appears.

I work with bureaucrats every day, and yes it is. In fact I used to work with many of the bureaucrats that were killed in the Murrah Bombing.