PDA

View Full Version : Mr Manners for the gays

Chuck Bao
5/18/2011, 02:17 PM
This will probably get me a time out. I am going to brave that and post anyway because I think it needs to be said.

It is indeed a brave new world out there. I am sure that many of you straights are just like me. Not exactly, of course, but you may have to deal with those gay folks and it can get awkward sometimes. Do you ever get confused on the correct pronoun to use when gender is in doubt? Do you ever worry about referring to your friend’s or colleague’s “special person” as friend, boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife/spouse?

No need to worry any longer. Help is now here with the new updated Mr Manners book: “Steven Petrow's Complete Gay & Lesbian Manners: The Definitive Guide to LGBT Life”

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51c2Fu5KoAL._SL160_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-dp,TopRight,12,-18_SH30_OU01_AA160_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Steven-Petrows-Complete-Lesbian-Manners/dp/0761156704/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1305744834&sr=1-1

Or, you can go to this website and read part of it online.

http://www.gaymanners.com/straight-talk/if-im-not-sure-my-new-neighbors-are-a-gay-couple-may-i-ask

This is the write-up on the book in the Advocate. I am certainly glad that someone is addressing this issue and attempting to “get gay men to stop behaving badly”. If you notice, they don’t dare say that the lesbians are behaving badly.

STEVEN PETROW IS TEACHING US ALL TO HAVE BETTER MANNERS

Steven Petrow knows a thing or two about manners. A former editor at Life and Time Inc., in 1995 he penned The Essential Book of Gay Manners and Etiquette, his first attempt at getting gay men to stop behaving badly. Sixteen years and multiple columns on manners for Out, The Advocate, and The Huffington Post later, Mr. Manners is back with what promises to be the quintessential guide for gays and lesbians who want to smooth out their rough edges. With Steven Petrow’s Complete Gay and Lesbian Manners For Every Occasion: The Definitive Guide to LGBT Life, the author hits everything from sex and dating to coming out. If you thought proper etiquette was just about folding napkins, you’re in for a real surprise.

jk the sooner fan
5/18/2011, 02:18 PM
:rolleyes:

OULenexaman
5/18/2011, 02:24 PM
Queeries.....that's some funny ****.

KABOOKIE
Why can't the mods put all these "gay" post into one thread? They do it for RLIMC threads. Do we really need any more of this kind of "stuff" cluttering up the message board. Ugh. :rolleyes:

NormanPride
I'll just let my neighbors correct me if I screw up.

3rdgensooner
5/18/2011, 02:25 PM
This will probably get me a time out. I am going to brave that and post anyway because I think it needs to be said.

This is the write-up on the book in the Advocate. I am certainly glad that someone is addressing this issue and attempting to “get gay men to stop behaving badly”. If you notice, they don’t dare say that the lesbians are behaving badly.
Why would this get you a time out?

What are they specifically referring to as "behaving badly?"

C&CDean
5/18/2011, 02:28 PM
Why can't the mods put all these "gay" post into one thread? They do it for RLIMC threads. Do we really need any more of this kind of "stuff" cluttering up the message board. Ugh. :rolleyes:

No "they" don't do it for the RLIMC threads. You and jk might just wanna go cop a room or something?

Chuck Bao
5/18/2011, 02:30 PM
Why would this get you a time out?

What are they specifically referring to as "behaving badly?"

I suppose hillbilly queers who don't have a lick of sense, like me.

jk the sooner fan
5/18/2011, 02:34 PM
No "they" don't do it for the RLIMC threads. You and jk might just wanna go cop a room or something?

FAMILY BOARD!!!!!!!!

;)

3rdgensooner
5/18/2011, 02:37 PM
Then it's really manners for hillbillies?

badger
5/18/2011, 02:45 PM
I'll just let my neighbors correct me if I screw up.

As long as NP brought it up, I would love to have any South Oval provided advice on how to address people who are gay on issues that might be awkward.

1- What words are considered the most derogatory and should be avoided entirely? A show on TV once had a mean character refer to Hispanic characters as "fence jumpers" and while I thought some might be offensive, I was like "meh, it's not like he called them w--b---s" but then NP is like "that's pretty bad." So, in compliance with SF.com rules, what words must absolutely be avoided?

2- What phrases are too politically correct to say because they're so ignorant and lame to begin with. Examples I can think of is spelling "women" as "womyn" to take the "men" out the word so as to not imply the inferiority of women to men. Gag. Another example is referring to handicap spaces as "alterly abled spaces." Only in Oregon. Gag gag.

Any other advice is welcomed, even if it sarcastic, silly or just for fun, because this is the South Oval after all :D

delhalew
5/18/2011, 02:50 PM
Thank Gawd! You gays need to learn how to conduct yourselves in public...

:D

3rdgensooner
5/18/2011, 02:55 PM
Any other advice is welcomed, even if it sarcastic, silly or just for fun, because this is the South Oval after all :D
I would recommend you not consult with the Yale Dekes.

Chuck Bao
5/18/2011, 02:56 PM
As long as NP brought it up, I would love to have any South Oval provided advice on how to address people who are gay on issues that might be awkward.

1- What words are considered the most derogatory and should be avoided entirely? A show on TV once had a mean character refer to Hispanic characters as "fence jumpers" and while I thought some might be offensive, I was like "meh, it's not like he called them w--b---s" but then NP is like "that's pretty bad." So, in compliance with SF.com rules, what words must absolutely be avoided?

2- What phrases are too politically correct to say because they're so ignorant and lame to begin with. Examples I can think of is spelling "women" as "womyn" to take the "men" out the word so as to not imply the inferiority of women to men. Gag. Another example is referring to handicap spaces as "alterly abled spaces." Only in Oregon. Gag gag.

I don't really care. I have already heard everything. But, Dean sometimes makes me blush when he uses his own brand of colorful language.

Oh, there is one thing that I don't like. I do not like to be referred to with the female pronoun and it is only the queers who do that (maybe part of that behaving badly thing). Anyway, I'm a guy who likes a guy who likes me back, as a guy.

3rdgensooner
5/18/2011, 02:58 PM
Oh, there is one thing that I don't like. I do not like to be referred to with the female pronoun and it is only the queers who do that (maybe part of that behaving badly thing). Anyway, I'm a guy who likes a guy who likes me back, as a guy.
That was one topic in the last Modern Family episode.

delhalew
5/18/2011, 02:59 PM
I don't really care. I have already heard everything. But, Dean sometimes makes me blush when he uses his own brand of colorful language.

Tell em, girlfriend! Oh, yeah, I see what you mean that is irritating.

yermom
5/18/2011, 02:59 PM
i'm gonna guess that the people that might need the most enlightening from this book wouldn't be caught dead reading it anyway

C&CDean
5/18/2011, 03:03 PM
i'm gonna guess that the people that might need the most enlightening from this book wouldn't be caught dead reading it anyway

So you're not reading it either?

Chuck Bao
5/18/2011, 03:04 PM
Thank Gawd! You gays need to learn how to conduct yourselves in public...

:D

Well yeah, we do. I am trying my datgum best to average out that whole literary, artist, Broadway musical image of the queer.

yermom
5/18/2011, 03:07 PM
So you're not reading it either?

nope :D

i probably know more about gay life than i want to :O

badger
5/18/2011, 03:12 PM

So when Kurt was crowned Prom Queen on Glee last week, did you start bawling uncontrollably as it resurfaced an awful childhood memory? ;)

C&CDean
5/18/2011, 03:14 PM
So when Kurt was crowned Prom Queen on Glee last week, did you start bawling uncontrollably as it resurfaced an awful childhood memory? ;)

I've met Chuck. Chuck and Queen go in the same sentence about as much as Dean and Queen do.

yermom
5/18/2011, 03:15 PM
Dean the Queen. i like this.

not as much as D&DDean though :D

C&CDean
5/18/2011, 03:17 PM
Dean the Queen. i like this.

not as much as D&DDean though :D

:mad: :mad:

StoopTroup
5/18/2011, 03:17 PM

Why...would it make it easier for you to find them? :D

That's :hot: :pop:

Chuck Bao
5/18/2011, 03:18 PM

I love watching Glee and some of the epis really hit close to home, but we are 6 months to 1 year behind on most US TV series, except for the reality shows and they have to re-broadcast those with only a 6-8 hour delay or what would be the point?

stoops the eternal pimp
G & Q dean

soonerchk
The FedEx person in my area used to be a girl, but is now sort of a guy, at least in the facial hair department.

Is it wrong of me to stare and try to figure out if there's been a complete change or just a surface change?

this is actually a true story. I love my building.

C&CDean
5/18/2011, 03:19 PM
The FedEx person in my area used to be a girl, but is now sort of a guy, at least in the facial hair department.

Is it wrong of me to stare and try to figure out if there's been a complete change or just a surface change?

Well at least you didn't say your mail person...

StoopTroup
5/18/2011, 03:21 PM
Is the USPS still don't ask don't tell?

jk the sooner fan
5/18/2011, 03:21 PM
i was talking to a gay male not too long ago - and the subject of music came up - he mentioned Celine Dion and said "you know how us gays love Celine Dion"

well no.....i didnt, but thanks for the info! :D

badger
5/18/2011, 03:22 PM
Spoiler: Kurt is prom queen :P

I must admit that when I first met our neighbors, I didn't automatically assume that they were. They later said they were, but till then, I was just sort of like "Meh, tons of guys lived together in college apartments and houses that weren't."

Sooooo... how can you tell if someone is or isn't?

Chuck Bao
I've met Chuck. Chuck and Queen go in the same sentence about as much as Dean and Queen do.

Ain't that the truth. And, you're actually prettier, Dean. It's okay. I can admit it.

C&CDean
Is the USPS still don't ask don't tell?

How the hell should I know? I got hired during the Pony Express days. Wasn't no such thing back in those days.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/18/2011, 03:23 PM
He is gay and blind...WHY GOD WHY? :D

C&CDean
Ain't that the truth. And, you're actually prettier, Dean. It's okay. I can admit it.

:O

StoopTroup
For JK....

DHyJTpDFgc8&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=AVGxdCwVVULXeHRRUq9eCsveaGTyc-j0CY

soonerchk
5/18/2011, 03:24 PM

I must admit that when I first met our neighbors, I didn't automatically assume that they were. They later said they were, but till then, I was just sort of like "Meh, tons of guys lived together in college apartments and houses that weren't."

Okay, let's talk about that. Since when would Kurt be upset about that and not jump right up there and grab that crown?

I'm not loving this season.

purplecrayon
5/18/2011, 03:25 PM
http://poorlydressed.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/fashion-fail-hello-we-are-dancers-we-are-also-into-cats.jpg

C&CDean
5/18/2011, 03:25 PM
http://poorlydressed.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/fashion-fail-hello-we-are-dancers-we-are-also-into-cats.jpg

Wrong thread maybe?

StoopTroup
5/18/2011, 03:26 PM
You know how to keep your crayon from being purple?

Quit squeezing it so hard.

badger
5/18/2011, 03:32 PM
Okay, let's talk about that. Since when would Kurt be upset about that and not jump right up there and grab that crown?

It was one of the first episodes we watched this season. We saw the season premiere after THE GREEN BAY PACKERS WON THE SUPER BOWL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHA that included the Thriller dance. We saw a few other episodes after that, one about catching mono to prove that you cheated on blond guy, another involving the two lead singers breaking up or something but haven't watched since. And we were at Foo Fighters/Motorhead last night, so didn't watch this week's if there was a new one.

purplecrayon
5/18/2011, 03:33 PM
Wrong thread maybe?

nah. pics of cat people belong in every thread.

soonerchk
5/18/2011, 03:33 PM
It was one of the first episodes we watched this season. We saw the season premiere after THE GREEN BAY PACKERS WON THE SUPER BOWL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHA that included the Thriller dance. We saw a few other episodes after that, one about catching mono to prove that you cheated on blond guy, another involving the two lead singers breaking up or something but haven't watched since. And we were at Foo Fighters/Motorhead last night, so didn't watch this week's if there was a new one.

Well there was, and if you do watch it, skip to the last 20 minutes. Jesse St James is back and is sucking the life right out of there.

StoopTroup
5/18/2011, 03:34 PM
I changed my name for my anaconda to shapeshifter

badger
5/18/2011, 03:35 PM
Last season I could tell they switched the order of the episodes because of the Jesse thing. He was pretty much a worthless character, don't care much for him, but then again, haven't watched the show a lot this season, so I probably don't have room to complain.

True story: Was at Whole Foods earlier this week and they were selling the CD "Glee Presents The Warblers" at the register. Seriously. The Warblers. On CD. Gag.

soonerchk
5/18/2011, 03:36 PM
Last season I could tell they switched the order of the episodes because of the Jesse thing. He was pretty much a worthless character, don't care much for him, but then again, haven't watched the show a lot this season, so I probably don't have room to complain.

True story: Was at Whole Foods earlier this week and they were selling the CD "Glee Presents The Warblers" at the register. Seriously. The Warblers. On CD. Gag.

Warblers > Jesse St James. Like light years.

Chuck Bao
5/18/2011, 03:39 PM

No idea. No functioning gaydar here. I think the website mentioned just asking them something less offensive, such how they met or came to room together. If they are out and open and want to share, they will. If not, then don't worry about it.

soonerchk
5/18/2011, 03:41 PM
I worked retail for years, my gaydar is pretty good.

StoopTroup
5/18/2011, 03:41 PM
No idea. No functioning gaydar here. I think the website mentioned just asking them something less offensive, such how they met or came to room together. If they are out and open and want to share, they will. If not, then don't worry about it.

Were there Gay Port-a-johns when we were at Jerry World?

purplecrayon
5/18/2011, 03:42 PM
There are some hot lesbians who live down the block. Would it be rude, Miss Manners, if i asked if I could "watch"?

Mjcpr
5/18/2011, 03:43 PM
There is an episode of The Office involving Michael Scott and Oscar that explains all of this.

StoopTroup
5/18/2011, 03:45 PM
There are some hot lesbians who live down the block. Would it be rude, Miss Manners, if i asked if I could "watch"?

I think you'd be better off asking Stevo maybe about that. It seems like she might have more knowledge about that than Chuck. I could be wrong though. Dallas Babe kind of told me some things yesterday. Sometimes DB tells me thing to get me all hawt and bothered.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/18/2011, 03:45 PM

I asked once in college..They didn't respond, so I took it as a yes...That VHS tape got passed around so quick I don't know where it ended up.

delhalew
5/18/2011, 03:48 PM

Wanna hear another true story? That's my cousin. No bull****.

badger
5/18/2011, 03:48 PM
I think the website mentioned just asking them something less offensive, such how they met or came to room together. If they are out and open and want to share, they will. If not, then don't worry about it.

"less offensive" is where I lose you, because i don't know what offensive is.

have people outright offended you by doing/saying anything, or are you prettty "whatever" about stuff

StoopTroup
5/18/2011, 03:50 PM

You are related to Cher? WOW!

http://www.ebonyinspired.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Chaz-Bono.jpg

delhalew
5/18/2011, 03:52 PM
You are related to Cher? WOW!

http://www.ebonyinspired.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Chaz-Bono.jpg

I do not know that person...

yermom
5/18/2011, 03:52 PM
Baj, he's saying you can ask if they are gay without asking if they are gay ;)

yermom
5/18/2011, 03:53 PM
I do not know that person...

Sonny Bono Jr.

StoopTroup
5/18/2011, 03:57 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaz_Bono

delhalew
5/18/2011, 03:58 PM
Sonny Bono Jr.

My cousin the bearded UPS driver looks way more tough and macho than Sonny Jr.

StoopTroup
5/18/2011, 04:00 PM
My cousin the bearded UPS driver looks way more tough and macho than Sonny Jr.

So the testosterone shots allow him to grow a beard?

Maybe Jammin' should be told about this.....

soonerchk
5/18/2011, 04:01 PM

So is it all as done as it's going to be?

badger
5/18/2011, 04:01 PM
Baj, he's saying you can ask if they are gay without asking if they are gay ;)

:P

C&CDean
5/18/2011, 04:02 PM

:chk frantically takes notes for all the coworkers...

StoopTroup
5/18/2011, 04:04 PM
Chuck....

What are your favorite nuts?

Cashews, peanuts, almonds?

soonerchk
5/18/2011, 04:08 PM
:chk frantically takes notes for all the coworkers...

We're curious, I admit it. If you'd watched the transformation, you would be too. I thought it was a a whole different person for a while.

NormanPride
5/18/2011, 04:10 PM
I've never really understood the fascination with gay people. I don't try to think about others' sex lives, really...

Mjcpr
5/18/2011, 04:12 PM
We're all thinking about yours!

soonerchk
5/18/2011, 04:12 PM
I've never really understood the fascination with gay people. I don't try to think about others' sex lives, really...

I prefer to shop with them. The men anyway. They will straight up tell you that your butt looks big in that skirt.

delhalew
5/18/2011, 04:13 PM

Without speaking for him, it is my belief that he has big plans.

soonerchk
5/18/2011, 04:15 PM
Without speaking for him, it is my belief that he has big plans.

Okay, here's the real big question - is he glad he did/is doing it?

NormanPride
5/18/2011, 04:18 PM
We're all thinking about yours!
Better than thinking about yours, apparently. ;)

delhalew
5/18/2011, 04:24 PM
Okay, here's the real big question - is he glad he did/is doing it?

We have only just found each other VIA facebook. We both lived on opposite ends of the country for years.

As complicated as these things seem from the outside, I don't think he feels that way.

I want to reiterate that I can't speak for him, but it seems to me that it seems very natural to him. It makes sense. From the time we were small children, he wanted to be the cowboy, not the damsel in distress.

soonerchk
5/18/2011, 05:36 PM
Okay I spent a ton of time climbing trees when I was a kid, but I don't want a penis of my very own. I don't see how you guys walk around with those things in the first place, much less decide that I'd want one added.

delhalew
5/18/2011, 05:42 PM
Okay I spent a ton of time climbing trees when I was a kid, but I don't want a penis of my very own. I don't see how you guys walk around with those things in the first place, much less decide that I'd want one added.

The penis is pretty rugged. Carrying external gonads, on the other hand, is a risky proposition. :D

soonerchk
5/18/2011, 05:46 PM
All I know is that those things seem to be the brains of the whole operation and don't much seem to care what the rest of the body says.

Midtowner
5/18/2011, 05:49 PM
I don't want a penis

Thanks for trusting us enough to come out to us. We support you!

delhalew
All I know is that those things seem to be the brains of the whole operation and don't much seem to care what the rest of the body says.

Well, sure. If it wakes up, it takes the reins.

texaspokieokie
i wonder if it's OK to refer to the masculine looking one of 2 lesbians as a
"bull dyke". i saw that in a movie.

also when i see gay guys, i wonder who ie the "****ee" & who is the "****or".
or do they take turns @ both ??

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/18/2011, 06:03 PM
I prefer to shop with them. The men anyway. They will straight up tell you that your butt looks big in that skirt.

The bigger the better!!

olevetonahill
5/18/2011, 06:44 PM

Hell I aint got the Gheys But Ill dayum sure tell ya if yer *** looks big is sompun. Course I wouldn't be shopping with you in the 1st place.;)

soonerchk
5/18/2011, 08:05 PM
Hell I aint got the Gheys But Ill dayum sure tell ya if yer *** looks big is sompun. Course I wouldn't be shopping with you in the 1st place.;)

Now you see my point. I need to know before I buy it, not when I'm already out in it, hence the need for a ghey man in my life.

olevetonahill
5/18/2011, 08:08 PM
Now you see my point. I need to know before I buy it, not when I'm already out in it, hence the need for a ghey man in my life.

See Malls should have a Beer garden and Pool tables and let the wimmens walk to it to model. before they buy. Prob solved. ;)

Chuck Bao
5/18/2011, 08:12 PM
also when i see gay guys, i wonder who ie the "****ee" & who is the "****or".
or do they take turns @ both ??

Would you believe that the whole question is decided by a nightly game of paper, scissors, rock?

Chuck Bao
5/18/2011, 08:13 PM

I hate shopping so I wouldn't be of any use to you. Sorry. :(

Chuck Bao
5/18/2011, 08:15 PM
See Malls should have a Beer garden and Pool tables and let the wimmens walk to it to model. before they buy. Prob solved. ;)

Agree except the last part. Oh, and they need to serve home-made cheeseburgers with those big fat french fries.

olevetonahill
5/18/2011, 08:15 PM
I hate shopping so I wouldn't be of any use to you. Sorry. :(

Hell you can hang with me in the beer garden.;)

Chuck Bao
5/18/2011, 08:33 PM
Hell you can hang with me in the beer garden.;)

Sounds like a plan. We haven't had a beer together since the Big XII championship game in Dallas.

Mongo
5/18/2011, 08:36 PM

I am not gay, but your *** is huge

YWIA

TitoMorelli
5/18/2011, 08:38 PM

So we can assume that yelling "Squeal like a pig!" is considered a major faux pas?

Chuck Bao
5/18/2011, 08:50 PM
So we can assume that yelling "Squeal like a pig!" is considered a major faux pas?

Righto. I think the proper term used in the vernacular is "hog".

SoCaliSooner
5/18/2011, 08:57 PM
Chuck, in the early to mid 90's I used to buy nice shirts, belts, pants and shoes from International Male. The clothes were nice but over the years they went full gay man marketing with clothing that now screams over the top gay.

I just felt like adding this in here.

Chuck Bao
5/18/2011, 09:26 PM
Chuck, in the early to mid 90's I used to buy nice shirts, belts, pants and shoes from International Male. The clothes were nice but over the years they went full gay man marketing with clothing that now screams over the top gay.

I just felt like adding this in here.

Understood. In the mid 90's I used to buy all of my clothes at one of them designer boutiques. I think it was Daniel Hechter. Anyway, I would have five young women fussing all over me and I could get all of my shopping done at one place with one swipe of my credit card. Anyway, I can't do that anymore and I am too old for their clothes and I don't even know if Daniel Hechter is still cool or gay or what.

Mongo
5/18/2011, 09:31 PM
I find my fishnet tank top from International Male to be quite tasteful

FirstAndGoalOU
5/18/2011, 09:46 PM
I find my fishnet tank top from International Male to be quite tasteful
Noooooo. Well we all thought maybe?... NOOOO,... Are you sure? NTTAWWT
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-heJoETtAkS8/TZEj9mmWvFI/AAAAAAAAB4c/zuQirvK15VM/s1600/come%2Bwith%2Bme.jpg

Sooner_Tuf
5/18/2011, 10:00 PM

If your butt is big it looks big no matter what you wear. If your butt is big stay away from children's seating or your picture could end up here. Unless of course you want a picture of your big butt in a child's chair on SoonerFans.

Sooner_Tuf
5/18/2011, 10:04 PM

You can tell by the way they walk. They also have that look in their eye :D

Seriously though I am respectful to just about everyone. I don't need a book to tell how to act. I don't need to fit in. In fact really it is the other way around. They need to act in a socially respectful way.

When I am in another country or culture it is my responsibility to act in an acceptable way.

StoopTroup
5/18/2011, 10:22 PM
When I am in another country or culture it is my responsibility to act in an acceptable way.

So...I'm guessing this is OK?

http://blogs.reuters.com/japan/files/2009/11/obama-bows.jpg

Sooner_Tuf
5/18/2011, 11:06 PM
No it is not OK. We should have never elected someone we knew nothing about.

StoopTroup
5/18/2011, 11:15 PM

So you voted for him?

SoCaliSooner
5/18/2011, 11:19 PM

Since when is that is that a prerequisite? The dems passed healthcare and the stimulus without even knowing what's in it, so not being informed on a candidate or legislation is the new thing.

delhalew
5/18/2011, 11:32 PM
He could have at least kept eye contact. Our POTUS clearly never watched Bruce Lee.
Enter the Dragon, "Never take your eyes off your opponent, even when you bow".

Pffft. What a doosh.

Ctina
5/18/2011, 11:34 PM

I'm not loving how wishy-washy they are with the storylines. Sue is nice, Sue is mean; who is Finn with this week... Ack. I'm liking everything else, Jesse can go away though.

Kurt was upset because he wasn't voted Queen in a good way. He thought he was being accepted but they were just being asses to him.

yankee
5/18/2011, 11:36 PM
What a re+arded idea for a book.

Turd_Ferguson
5/18/2011, 11:39 PM
I'm not loving how wishy-washy they are with the storylines. Sue is nice, Sue is mean; who is Finn with this week... Ack. I'm liking everything else, Jesse can go away though.

Kurt was upset because he wasn't voted Queen in a good way. He thought he was being accepted but they were just being asses to him.

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10501/gayness.jpg

Sooner_Tuf
5/18/2011, 11:47 PM
Since when is that is that a prerequisite? The dems passed healthcare and the stimulus without even knowing what's in it, so not being informed on a candidate or legislation is the new thing.

Well unfortunately you are right. :(

Sooner_Tuf
5/18/2011, 11:48 PM
So you voted for him?

What do you think?

olevetonahill
5/18/2011, 11:49 PM
Only on the SO can we go from Manners fer the Gheys to Obamas politics.

Oh wait that really aint a stretch is is.;)

StoopTroup
5/19/2011, 12:11 AM
Only on the SO can we go from Manners fer the Gheys to Obamas politics.

Oh wait that really aint a stretch is is.;)

There aren't any gay republicans....if they are gay...they were planted there by the Dems.

Turd_Ferguson
5/19/2011, 12:44 AM
There aren't any gay republicans....if they are gay...they were planted there by the Dems.I'm saving that for my sig next election time...:D

StoopTroup
5/19/2011, 12:48 AM
I say newt goes full on Gay by 2016. Dude seems to love the glitter.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2011/05/19/alg_protest_glitter.jpg

Totally Radical!!!

2121Sooner
5/19/2011, 12:53 AM
Nfm

My whole post would be lost on 99% of the nitwits here

C&CDean
5/19/2011, 08:04 AM
Nfm

99% of the posts made on here after midnight are lost on normal/regular people. WTF is your point?

Soonerwake
5/19/2011, 09:20 AM
Finally a book for STEP and his band of manwhores...:D

Jammin'
5/19/2011, 09:45 AM
Nfm

yeah, but only like 80% of the posters here are nitwits, so your post would have been hysterical to the other 20% plus the 1% of the 80%.

srsly, pm me.

soonerchk
5/19/2011, 09:45 AM

Yeah, the second half of this season has been very mediocre. I'm thinking Prom may have jumped the shark, but I'll see how the finale turns out before making a final judgement.

Chuck Bao
5/19/2011, 10:25 AM
There aren't any gay republicans....if they are gay...they were planted there by the Dems.

StoopTroup, you may have an argument on your hands with the Log Cabin Republicans.

http://www.logcabin.org/site/c.nsKSL7PMLpF/b.5466967/k.C986/About_Us.htm

What We Believe

We are loyal Republicans. We believe in limited government, strong national defense, free markets, low taxes, personal responsibility, and individual liberty. Log Cabin represents an important part of the American family—taxpaying, hard working people who proudly believe in this nation's greatness. We also believe all Americans have the right to liberty and equality. We believe equality for gay and lesbian people is in the finest tradition of the Republican Party. We educate our Party about why inclusion wins. Opposing gay and lesbian equality is inconsistent with the GOP's core principles of smaller government and personal freedom.

delhalew
5/19/2011, 10:32 AM
StoopTroup, you may have an argument on your hands with the Log Cabin Republicans.

http://www.logcabin.org/site/c.nsKSL7PMLpF/b.5466967/k.C986/About_Us.htm

They are right. I suppose it would be a matter of overriding the fringe religious right.

Chuck Bao
5/19/2011, 10:47 AM
Chuck....

What are your favorite nuts?

Cashews, peanuts, almonds?

I love native pecans since my family has so many native pecan groves and some relatives and neighbors have turned it into very lucrative businesses. Then, of course, there is pecan pie.

And, I love peanuts. When I was a kid, I spent many summer days working in my best friend's peanut fields and eating them fresh after being dug up. I like peanuts steamed in the shell Thai style. When I was home last December, I bought a big sack of roasted peanuts in the shell flavored jalapeño. I am not sure how they do that but they are good.

Chicken with cashew nuts Chinese style is good.

Almonds with dried anchovies is also very good.

I like me nuts.

Why do you ask?