Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Blue
6/3/2011, 05:28 PM
I will remember you said this...

Remember it, write it down, take a picture...I don't give a Fuuuuuuck! :D

Turd_Ferguson
6/3/2011, 05:43 PM
Remember it, write it down, take a picture...I don't give a Fuuuuuuck! :D

http://cdn.theurbandaily.com/files/2010/04/ice-cube-wants-to-do-another-Friday.jpg

SoonerHoops
6/10/2011, 03:30 PM
OKLAHOMA CITY -- Oklahoma County Sheriff John Whetsel released a statement Friday afternoon in response to claims of mistreatment by convicted murderer Jerome Ersland.

Ersland was convicted of murder last month in the shooting death of would-be robber Antwun Parker, 16. Parker and another teen, Jevontia Ingram, tried to rob the Reliable Pharmacy in southwest Oklahoma City in May 2009.

Sentencing for Ersland is set for July 11. Until that time, he has been incarcerated at the Oklahoma County Jail.

The statement reads as follows:

Mr. Jerome Ersland has made several claims in the media regarding his housing at the Oklahoma County Jail over the past few days to which I will respond.

On May 26, 2011, Mr. Ersland was booked into the Oklahoma County Jail after having been convicted of murder in the first degree. He will be held here until at least July 11 when he is scheduled to be sentenced, and after that the Oklahoma Department of Corrections will determine when and where Mr. Ersland will be moved.

As for his claims:

1. Mr. Ersland's attorney said Ersland believes he is being threatened by an inmate who is related to Antwun Parker. "He says that someone has been shouting down the hall, 'You're going to die, Jerome Ersland.'" Ersland is quoted as writing, "It is excruciating" and "like being in Hell as I am constantly threatened by Speedy's cousin."

Mr. Ersland is being housed by himself in a small medical wing that contains only 6 cells. It is under constant staff supervision 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. On only one occasion, an officer heard another inmate yell a threat to Mr. Ersland. Mr. Ersland did not report that or any other threat to any staff member. There is no indication that inmate was related to Antwun Parker or anyone else involved in the case. That inmate was released on June 2.

2. The Oklahoman reported that Ersland wrote on a note that "I will not survive long here" because the jail doctor cut him off all 13 medications he needs to treat military injuries and an inner ear disorder. It was also reported that Ersland wrote "I am being treated like I am at Andersonville (a Civil War Confederate prisoner-of-war camp) as they cut off all my medications."

To date, neither Mr. Ersland, nor anyone else, has identified to the jail the 13 medications he claims he was on nor what they were for. After he was contacted regarding the media article, Mr. Ersland finally gave our medical staff written permission to obtain his medical records from his pain management physician and the VA Hospital.

3. The Oklahoman reporter that they had learned that Ersland has taken opiate-based pain medication for years and on June 5 Ersland stated in the Oklahoman he was upset because a jail doctor took him off his pain medication.

Without getting case-specific, the Oklahoma County Jail does not provide narcotics including opiate-based narcotics, to any inmate. The Oklahoma Department of Corrections has the same restrictive policy. The jail and corrections medical staff work to detox all inmates and switch them to non-narcotic pain medications, if necessary and prescribed.

4. Mr. Ersland claims that "Inmates have started fires all 4 days I have been here so far."

There have not been any fires since Mr. Ersland has been incarcerated. When asked, the Fire Safety Manager says it has been so many years since there was an actual fire at the jail he cannot remember when one occurred. This can be verified by the Oklahoma City Fire Department.

5. Mr. Ersland claims that he has been unable to eat or sleep for days.

Mr. Ersland is housed in our medical wing where he is visually checked on by staff every 15 minutes and his activities are logged. Mr. Ersland is very often asleep when he is checked on, and his sleep patterns are quite normal for someone who has just been incarcerated.

Mr. Ersland's meals are delivered to him three times each day by staff, and his empty trays are retrieved by staff. Also of note, Mr. Ersland has made an $80 purchase of items from the jail's commissary. There is no indication Mr. Ersland is not eating.

6. Mr. Ersland wrote he had been in his cell only five minutes when the sheriff brought him legal papers notifying him Parker's mother had filed a wrongful-death lawsuit against him and the pharmacy.

A Judicial Services Division deputy, not the Sheriff, delivered legal papers, as required by the Courts, to Mr. Ersland 23 hours -- not five minutes -- after his incarceration.

It is not the Sheriff's job to comment on court proceedings. It is the Sheriff's job to carry out the mandates of the court. The District Court remanded Mr. Ersland into the Sheriff's custody at the jail. Despite his claims to the contrary, Mr. Ersland is safe and is being provided Constitutionally mandated care, including health care and food. Mr. Ersland is being held in a cell by himself and is under constant watch 24 hours a day.

On June 5, 2011, Mr. Ersland was quoted in the Oklahoman as saying, "I'm doing absolutely terrible," regarding his stay in jail.

On June 6, 2011, Capt. Ernest Bradley contacted Mr. Ersland in jail and asked how he was doing. Mr. Ersland replied, "Good, no problems."

DIB
6/10/2011, 03:40 PM
Once again, the "hero" Jerome Ersland has proved to be a liar.

King Barry's Back
6/10/2011, 08:58 PM
Article (http://www.news9.com/story/14670426/mother-of-teen-killed-during-robbery-suing-okc-pharmacist)

?

the article says the pharmacist is being charged with first degree murder?

That means premeditated, right? So what does that mean? The pharmacist intentionally planned for those kids to come in and rob him?

When someone robs you, and you defend yourself, and perhaps overcome by blood lust you finish him off, that would seem to be the definition of a crime of passion.

Midtowner
6/10/2011, 10:15 PM
the article says the pharmacist is being charged with first degree murder?

That means premeditated, right? So what does that mean? The pharmacist intentionally planned for those kids to come in and rob him?

When someone robs you, and you defend yourself, and perhaps overcome by blood lust you finish him off, that would seem to be the definition of a crime of passion.

No. If he only thought for an instant that he was going to kill Parker, then he did it, that's enough for premeditation.

Sooner_Tuf
6/11/2011, 05:19 PM
Did Whetzel address the taxpayers having to pay a million plus dollars to the family of properly taken care of inmate that was beaten to death?

These guys aren't any more credible than Ersland.

OutlandTrophy
6/11/2011, 05:46 PM
Did Whetzel address the taxpayers having to pay a million plus dollars to the family of properly taken care of inmate that was beaten to death?

These guys aren't any more credible than Ersland.

yup

C&CDean
6/11/2011, 07:08 PM

Do you have a point, or are you just being obtuse?

This dumb bastard is spending what's left of his POS life in prison for lying. Something you do every day. Hero this.

olevetonahill
6/11/2011, 07:26 PM

This dumb bastard is spending what's left of his POS life in prison for lying. Something you do every day. Hero this.

Has the sheriff ever lied about anything?:rolleyes:

SpankyNek
6/11/2011, 08:08 PM

He was convicted of murder in the first degree.....a bit steeper than lying.

olevetonahill
6/11/2011, 08:11 PM
He was convicted of murder in the first degree.....a bit steeper than lying.

By 12 stupid assed Peeps.:rolleyes:

olevetonahill
6/11/2011, 08:13 PM
Why Ive always said , A punk wanta come in MY shack ? hes going down. Wont be any investigation carp. Cause the carcass gonna do the disappear ;)

SoonerHoops
6/11/2011, 11:51 PM
By 12 stupid assed Peeps.:rolleyes:

Yeah, obviously olevet knows more about the facts, the case, the evidence and the law than those 12 "stupid assed peeps" :rolleyes:

Three of the jurors who convicted a pharmacist of murder say they followed the law and are upset and surprised at the public outcry against the verdict.

“I've had some family members that have basically stated they thought I was stupid and it was the wrong decision,” one juror said.

“I hate even watching the news for fear that I might see something about the case,” she said. “We didn't volunteer for it. We were asked to do this job and we took it very seriously.”

Jerome Jay Ersland, 59, was found guilty May 26 of first-degree murder for shooting a wounded robber five more times inside a south Oklahoma City pharmacy. Jurors rejected the Chickasha man's claim that he was defending himself and two female co-workers.

Thousands have criticized the verdict, signing petitions that state “our Justice System has let us down” or making their opinions known on Facebook and media websites.

The jury of eight women and four men deliberated three hours and 30 minutes. They included a nurse, a radiation therapist and a top executive of an energy company.

During deliberations, the jury reviewed over and over security camera video recordings of the robbery and shooting, one juror said.

The recordings show two robbers burst into Reliable Discount Pharmacy about 15 minutes before closing time May 19, 2009. One pointed a gun. The other tried to pull on a mask. The two female employees fled to a back room.

Ersland shot one robber, Antwun “Speedy” Parker, 16, in the head. Parker can be seen dropping to the floor. The robber with the gun fled. Ersland chased the fleeing robber outside. Within a minute, Ersland came back into the drugstore, walked by the fallen robber and got a second gun. He then walked back to the fallen robber and shot five more times.

A key issue is whether Parker was moving when he was shot again. He cannot be seen on the video recordings after he falls. Prosecutors said the evidence proves Parker was unarmed, unconscious and not moving. Defense attorneys contended he could have moved even while unconscious.

Most jurors declined to comment to the media. The three female jurors who spoke to The Oklahoman last week did so upon the condition they not be identified.

The first juror interviewed — the one criticized by relatives — said the scrutiny of the verdict has been “very upsetting.”

“It wasn't an easy decision because you're talking about a man's life but also you got to consider the laws,” she said.

She said the physical evidence was clear the robber was unconscious and not moving after hitting the floor. She specifically mentioned how a pool of blood beneath the robber's head was undisturbed. “Once I saw the evidence, it was a no-brainer,” she said.

The second juror interviewed said she is trying to ignore the criticism.

“I stand by my verdict,” she said. “You just see it in the media, on Facebook, everywhere. Everybody has a comment and everybody knows about it.”

She said she wants critics to know that jurors had to go by what the law said.

She said, “There are laws and they're set. And we had to follow the laws. As a jury we had to follow the laws. … I think it was a good decision. It was the law.”

Of the critics, she said, “People don't know what they're talking about. … They don't know the laws. They weren't there.”

She also said: “It was hard to do that to someone because it's someone's life. It was extremely emotional for me. … He messed up is all I can say. He messed up bad.”

She said she has been around conversations criticizing the verdict. “I never said I was on the jury. I would just sit there, keep my mouth closed and feel like I was turning red in the face. It was like, ‘Oh, my gosh! Here they are talking bad about me and they don't even know it.' It was very odd,” she said.

The third juror interviewed said she also has been surprised at the outcry.

“I keep expecting it to die down and it's not,” she said.

The juror stressed that all 12 jurors took their jobs seriously and were respectful of each other in their discussions.

“None of us took this lightly,” she said. ‘I don't question that we made the right decision.”

She said the security videos showed the pharmacist was not in fear of the fallen robber when he came back inside the drugstore and got the second gun. Ersland “never even glanced at him,” she said.

She also stressed jurors followed the law in reaching their verdict. “You can't just do what you want. You have to do what's right,” she said. “You can't just make your own law.”

She said she wishes critics of the verdict could look at all the evidence the jury saw. She said then the critics could have informed opinions instead of gut reactions based on emotion rather than reality.

As punishment, jurors chose a life term. Their only other option was a life term without the possibility of parole. At the formal sentencing July 11, the trial judge could suspend part or all of the life term.

Ersland did not testify at his trial. He told The Oklahoman he is innocent but had expected to be convicted of first-degree manslaughter. He has said he was shocked when he was convicted of murder instead.

Read more: http://newsok.com/pharmacists-jurors-stunned-by-public-criticism-of-verdict/article/3576552#ixzz1P2B2wUjP

pphilfran
6/12/2011, 05:47 AM
The 12 Angry Men/Women got it all wrong...Ersland did the humane thing...the kid was like a horse with a broken leg....shoot him to get him out of his misery...

Sooner_Tuf
6/12/2011, 05:50 AM
Why Ive always said , A punk wanta come in MY shack ? hes going down. Wont be any investigation carp. Cause the carcass gonna do the disappear ;)

Agreed. In fact with this ridiculous abuse by the government convinced me to order that Cummins powered chipper/shredder I had been looking at.

Mi casa is mi casa!

Sooner_Tuf
6/12/2011, 05:54 AM
Yeah, obviously olevet knows more about the facts, the case, the evidence and the law than those 12 13 "stupid assed peeps"

FIFY

pphilfran
6/12/2011, 06:15 AM
Agreed. In fact with this ridiculous abuse by the government convinced me to order that Cummins powered chipper/shredder I had been looking at.

Mi casa is mi casa!

8qWFhDvURLg

Okla-homey
6/12/2011, 07:29 PM
Shoot. Shovel. Shut-up. In that order.

C&CDean
6/12/2011, 07:37 PM
Shoot. Shovel. Shut-up. In that order.

Heh. On the ranch, a horse or cow completely disappears in about 4-5 months. Everything except the skull, femurs, and some ribs. Those get spread about by the rodents. In about 2-3 years, no evidence whatsoever. That's without the shovel.

SpankyNek
6/12/2011, 07:54 PM
X6635aUbYe4

Sooner24
6/13/2011, 11:49 AM
Warning: Trespassers will be shot Survivors will be shot again