PDA

View Full Version : channel 4 at 10pm

jk the sooner fan
5/18/2011, 01:22 PM
airing their investigative piece on the Spotted Crow sentencing

Ali Meyer chased my 21 year old niece down in an effort to get to the Judge in this case - who is undergoing chemo and radiation treatment for lung cancer

anyhoo - the Judge prepared written responses to Ms. Meyer's questions so I'll be curious to see how fairly the responses are presented in their piece tonight

SoonerLVZ
5/18/2011, 01:24 PM
Ok I feel stupid, and please feel free to flame me, but what is the Spotted Crow case/sentencing?

saucysoonergal
5/18/2011, 01:25 PM
http://www.causes.com/causes/589602-oklahoma-free-patricia-spottedcrow-10-yrs-for-31-of-marijuana

jk the sooner fan
5/18/2011, 01:25 PM
the woman in Kingfisher that got sentenced to 12 years for selling "$30 of weed"

Sooner24
5/18/2011, 01:26 PM
Ok I feel stupid, and please feel free to flame me, but what is the Spotted Crow case/sentencing?

I feel like I just walked into the middle of a movie. :confused:

The
5/18/2011, 01:27 PM

Ali Meyer chased my 21 year old niece down in an effort to get to the Judge in this case - who is undergoing chemo and radiation treatment for lung cancer

anyhoo - the Judge prepared written responses to Ms. Meyer's questions so I'll be curious to see how fairly the responses are presented in their piece tonight

I'm going to need to see pics of the 21 year old niece before I can commit to anything.

The Profit
5/18/2011, 01:27 PM
I say, put an ankle bracelet on her and let her go.

Jammin'
5/18/2011, 01:29 PM
I say, put an ankle bracelet on her and let her go.

An "ankle bracelet" eh?

The Profit
5/18/2011, 01:32 PM
An "ankle bracelet" eh?

Yeah, she doesn't need to be taking up prison space.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/18/2011, 01:38 PM
the woman in Kingfisher that got sentenced to 12 years for selling "$30 of weed"

Was this her ONLY brush with the law?

C&CDean
5/18/2011, 01:40 PM
I know about the case - sorta, but I sure as hell ain't figuring out what jk's 21-year old relative has to do with anything.

jk the sooner fan
5/18/2011, 01:41 PM
Was this her ONLY brush with the law?

depends, do you only include arrests in that? or "numerous instances of drug dealing"

jk the sooner fan
5/18/2011, 01:42 PM
I know about the case - sorta, but I sure as hell ain't figuring out what jk's 21-year old relative has to do with anything.

if the press wanted to talk to you and stalked your grandkid in an effort to get to you......

C&CDean
5/18/2011, 01:45 PM
if the press wanted to talk to you and stalked your grandkid in an effort to get to you......

Dude, you've completely lost me. Is this spotted crow broad your kin? I ain't getting what you're saying.

saucysoonergal
5/18/2011, 01:46 PM
Maybe the judge is a relative.

C&CDean
5/18/2011, 01:46 PM
Ahhhhh...

StoopTroup
5/18/2011, 01:47 PM
Don't smoke pot kids.

This can happen to you

OutlandTrophy
your neice let a woman that was 9 monthe preggers run her down?

Ali had her baby yesterday or day before.

olevetonahill

So the Judge is your Sister/Brother?:confused:

jk the sooner fan

i've known her all my life! :)

SoonerProphet
5/18/2011, 01:48 PM

So the judge who issued this sentence is undergoing chemo and radiation treatments?

jk the sooner fan
So the Judge is your Sister/Brother?:confused:

the judge is my dad's sister

jk the sooner fan
So the judge who issued this sentence is undergoing chemo and radiation treatments?

since she retired from the bench this past january - yes

The Profit
5/18/2011, 01:51 PM

That was some great detective work, Saucy. Neither Castle or Beckett could have done better.

OutlandTrophy
5/18/2011, 01:51 PM
Senators and Congressmen get seats, Judges get an entire bench!!

SoonerProphet
5/18/2011, 01:52 PM
since she retired from the bench this past january - yes

ten years for $31 worth of grass?

The Profit
5/18/2011, 01:52 PM
the judge is my dad's sister

Aha....So the judge (retired judge) is your aunt!!!!

jk the sooner fan
5/18/2011, 01:53 PM
ten years for $31 worth of grass?

12 years

she was convicted of Distribution in the presence of a minor (her kids)

C&CDean
5/18/2011, 01:54 PM
And I believe the dumb bitch showed up for sentencing and got busted again. Right?

The Profit
5/18/2011, 01:54 PM
12 years

she was convicted of Distribution in the presence of a minor (her kids)

Put an ankle bracelet on her and send her home. Non violent offenders should not go to prison. They only come out worse than they were before.

jk the sooner fan
5/18/2011, 02:01 PM
And I believe the dumb bitch showed up for sentencing and got busted again. Right?

she showed up to jail with pot in her possession

i have an email copy of the actual responses prepared by the Judge - whether you agree with the sentence or not (and most don't - which is ok) - this was not an arbitrary decision

nor was it made simply based on "30 bucks of pot", but rather a series of distributing pot in front of her children, the fact that she used her children to "make change"....the fact that she told somebody she had moved to Kingfisher with the express purpose of selling pot - because she could make more money...and because the pre-sentence investigation identified her at high risk for recidivism - she failed to complete any of the paperwork to show what her plans were post incarceration

there is more, but thats the gist of it

TheHumanAlphabet
5/19/2011, 11:44 AM
depends, do you only include arrests in that? or "numerous instances of drug dealing"

So the sentence may not be out of line for just a "bag" of weed...

She doesn't seem like a member of the Upstanding Citizen's Brigade...

TheHumanAlphabet
5/19/2011, 11:46 AM
Put an ankle bracelet on her and send her home. Non violent offenders should not go to prison. They only come out worse than they were before.

Nope - a clear and hardened criminal. Doesn't do anything but break the law. Consequences baby!

OULenexaman
5/19/2011, 12:28 PM

anyhoo - the Judge prepared written responses to Ms. Meyer's questions so I'll be curious to see how fairly the responses are presented in their piece tonight soooooo.....how did it turn out?

Jammin'
5/19/2011, 12:34 PM
she showed up to jail with pot in her possession

i have an email copy of the actual responses prepared by the Judge - whether you agree with the sentence or not (and most don't - which is ok) - this was not an arbitrary decision

nor was it made simply based on "30 bucks of pot", but rather a series of distributing pot in front of her children, the fact that she used her children to "make change"....the fact that she told somebody she had moved to Kingfisher with the express purpose of selling pot - because she could make more money...and because the pre-sentence investigation identified her at high risk for recidivism - she failed to complete any of the paperwork to show what her plans were post incarceration

there is more, but thats the gist of it

i'm telling you all I'll probably be speeding tonight at some point on the way home. It's because I'll get home faster than if I don't. (can I get ticketed for saying that?)

Sooner24
5/19/2011, 12:34 PM

Only after they taze her a couple of dozen times. :gary:

jk the sooner fan
5/19/2011, 12:35 PM
soooooo.....how did it turn out?

well, i didnt see the piece as I live in Dallas - but i read the printed version on kfor.com - they obviously had an agenda - but they represented the Judge's position fairly accurately

they tried to compare the Spottedcrow conviction (distribution in the presence of a minor) to a simple possession case involving the wife of a deputy....two different crimes are going to result in different sentences

i thought the story fell kinda flat....there are those who already believe the sentence is too harsh and that pot should be decriminalized, etc etc

and then there are those who likely dont give a sh** - i dont think the story did much to change their opinions

sounds like her defense attorney is a POS however, he's recently been arrested/charged with bribing a police officer - and did not contest any of the pre-sentence report - which the Judge heavily relied on....Spottedcrow says the contents are "mostly false"....whatever...

i think our family went into defense mode to protect one of our own and what we consider to be a stellar legal career - she was the first female public defender in Oklahoma County - and was an Asst US Attorney -prosecuted many of the County Commish corruption cases back in the late 70's/early 80's....16 years on the bench

in the end, we really can't do much/anything to change the differing opinions....Spottedcrow is going to appeal to the newly elected Judge for a lighter sentence - time will tell how that goes

jk the sooner fan
5/19/2011, 12:36 PM
i'm telling you all I'll probably be speeding tonight at some point on the way home. It's because I'll get home faster than if I don't. (can I get ticketed for saying that?)

not...........quite the same thing, but thanks for playing :)

Jammin'
5/19/2011, 12:37 PM

isn't that called an "anklet"?

Can we get a ruling from the ladies on this?

Jammin'
5/19/2011, 12:39 PM
not...........quite the same thing, but thanks for playing :)

thanks, tell your aunt I said to light up, er, lighten up.

I do think the kids being around is completely unacceptable behavior though...until it's legalized. but teh penalty doesn't fit the crime. IMHO.

jk the sooner fan
5/19/2011, 12:42 PM
i get that most only see the one bag of weed - but she had made several other deals before they popped her - and that was only the deals she made to the UC

i doubt very seriously she only sold those few occasions - so at what point is dealing drugs around your kids become 'enough is enough?'.....substance abuse is a pretty big problem in the Native American community - passing that down from one generation to another isnt helping....

hindsight being what it is - i bet she wishes she had taken that 2 year plea deal now.....

OULenexaman
5/19/2011, 12:43 PM
I was thinking the same on this defense attorney....where the hell is the defense??

Jammin'
5/19/2011, 12:45 PM
i get that most only see the one bag of weed - but she had made several other deals before they popped her - and that was only the deals she made to the UC

i doubt very seriously she only sold those few occasions - so at what point is dealing drugs around your kids become 'enough is enough?'.....substance abuse is a pretty big problem in the Native American community - passing that down from one generation to another isnt helping....

hindsight being what it is - i bet she wishes she had taken that 2 year plea deal now.....

Assuming they have evidence of all the other stuff you are talking about, then the sentence makes a little more sense. Seems odd the press is leaving all of that info out. (sidenote: I haven't read much press, so it's entirely possible you are currently educating me on what is already out there)

olevetonahill
5/19/2011, 12:46 PM
If shes locked up for that long at least she wont be breeding .;)

jk the sooner fan
5/19/2011, 12:48 PM
Assuming they have evidence of all the other stuff you are talking about, then the sentence makes a little more sense. Seems odd the press is leaving all of that info out. (sidenote: I haven't read much press, so it's entirely possible you are currently educating me on what is already out there)

i think they're omitting it because it's only a story if they dont

most of the outraged public doesnt have clue one about ALL of the facts in the case

Jammin'
5/19/2011, 12:51 PM
i think they're omitting it because it's only a story if they dont

most of the outraged public doesnt have clue one about ALL of the facts in the case

I'm glad you are here with us jk. Now we know. And knowing is half the battle.

FYI: I'm too high to be outraged about anything except running out of funyuns. (sp? dewk?)

3rdgensooner
5/19/2011, 12:56 PM
I'm glad you are here with us jk. Now we know. And knowing is half the battle.

FYI: I'm too high to be outraged about anything except running out of funyuns. (sp? dewk?)
I've got some spare Bugles if that would help.

The Profit
5/19/2011, 01:46 PM

I just hope Ersland gets the same amount of time.

pphilfran
5/19/2011, 01:49 PM
I just hope Ersland gets the same amount of time.

Sounds pretty f'd up doesn't it...he probably goes free and she gets a dozen years...

Jammin'
5/19/2011, 01:52 PM
I've got some spare Bugles if that would help.

ohhhhohohohmane! I loves me some bugles.

Seriously though, I'm going to lunch.

jk the sooner fan
5/19/2011, 01:54 PM
the day we have one jurisdiction and one judge is the day we get consistency in sentencing

SoonerHoops
5/19/2011, 01:59 PM
She's obviously not a good citizen. Let's just murder her.

Jammin'
5/19/2011, 03:02 PM
She's obviously not a good citizen. Let's just murder her.

The bad decision making judge or the bad decision making drug dealer?