PDA

View Full Version : Someone please help me here, why the fawk!

Collier11
5/17/2011, 07:06 PM
Do bicyclists get equal rights to the road? They significantly slow down traffic and it is dangerous, it is absolutely retarded that this is the law. Oh yea, and they wear ghey biking outfits which makes it worse :D

starclassic tama
5/17/2011, 07:09 PM
yea i didn't even realize this until a few years ago, i used to honk and flip them the bird all the time. dumb law, stay on the sidewalks

Collier11
5/17/2011, 07:14 PM
I just dont get how a car can get ticketed for going too far under the speed limit but bicyclists can slow down traffic 10-20 mpg and they are unprotected yet they get to use the roads in the same way

fadada1
5/17/2011, 07:43 PM
they have a right to the road, but that doesn't mean they're any smarter for using it. i'm all for fitness, but be smart about it. given the choice between a bike and rider, and an oncoming truck... i'll choose putting a bike in the ditch. find yourself a nice trail/river path/etc...

tcrb
5/17/2011, 08:29 PM
Do bicyclists get equal rights to the road? They significantly slow down traffic and it is dangerous, it is absolutely retarded that this is the law. Oh yea, and they wear ghey biking outfits which makes it worse :D

Totally agree...on all counts.

yermom
5/17/2011, 08:31 PM
lots of places it's illegal to ride on the sidewalk

poor city planning is the problem...

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 08:32 PM
I'm thinking somebody had a run in with BikerFox....lol

http://www.bikerfox.com/celebrity/Team%20Special%20Olympics/bikerfox_ps5.jpg

OhU1
5/17/2011, 08:37 PM
Same with those hard to see motorcycles and pedestrians. Assumption of the risk! I might be on my cell phone too and too distracted to see you anyway. (in all seriousness you are taking a big risk with today's brain dead driver - I jog on the road but I avoid busy streets and I'm facing toward on-coming traffic and aware of my surroundings).

crawfish
5/17/2011, 09:29 PM
Bicyclists are obviously MORE equal than motorists, because the apparently have the right to mow down pedestrians who get in their way, and zoom through stop signs and stoplights.

SoonerHoops
5/18/2011, 08:16 AM
This is a big problem around Norman. When I see a biker on the road when there's a perfectly good sidewalk two feet from him, he's definitely going to know about it. Not to mention, they choose roads like 12th to ride on that are always busy. Idiots

TUSooner
5/18/2011, 08:54 AM
Sheesh. What a bunch of cranky whiny dipsh*ts! Sidewalks are for pedestrians; bikes belong in the street. I hope one day you HAVE to ride a bike to get somewhere and that some jerk knocks you off the road or scares the sh*t out of you because he's too self-righteous to give a crap about lowly bicyclists.
But here's what's really wrong with the premise this thread, and with most of the other horse-manure threads started by folks so young & stupid that they think they know it all: It says "MY life of SOOOOO right that everybody else must live like ME in order to keep MY way of life convenient." Put another way by some else: Selfishness is not defined as living the way you want, it's defined as insisting that others live the way you want.

I will concede that inconsiderate bicyclists and bike spandex are pretty awful, however.

JLEW1818
5/18/2011, 08:58 AM
i've ran 6 over

stoops the eternal pimp
5/18/2011, 09:06 AM
Does it count as 2 if you run a tandem bike over?

Condescending Sooner
5/18/2011, 09:12 AM
Sheesh. What a bunch of cranky whiny dipsh*ts! Sidewalks are for pedestrians; bikes belong in the street. I hope one day you HAVE to ride a bike to get somewhere and that some jerk knocks you off the road or scares the sh*t out of you because he's too self-righteous to give a crap about lowly bicyclists.
But here's what's really wrong with the premise this thread, and with most of the other horse-manure threads started by folks so young & stupid that they think they know it all: It says "MY life of SOOOOO right that everybody else must live like ME in order to keep MY way of life convenient." Put another way by some else: Selfishness is not defined as living the way you want, it's defined as insisting that others live the way you want.
I will concede that inconsiderate bicyclists and bike spandex are pretty awful, however.

I was thinking that's how the bicyclists think. "So what I'm bringing traffic to a standstill, it's about ME".

SoonerHoops
5/18/2011, 09:23 AM

Lol. This post is an epic facepalm. Geez

saucysoonergal
5/18/2011, 09:26 AM
This drives me crazy. You see the dingleberry all dressed up in his/her fancy cyclist outfit with the little helmet with built in rearview mirrors and the camel pack on their back and I just want to clip them.

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG

Stick to bike trails you deathwish having idjuts.

The Profit
5/18/2011, 09:29 AM
This drives me crazy. You see the dingleberry all dressed up in his/her fancy cyclist outfit with the little helmet with built in rearview mirrors and the camel pack on their back and I just want to clip them.

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG

Stick to bike trails you deathwish having idjuts.

After I pass them, I move all of the way over to the right when I get to the stop sign. This keeps them from just going through the stop sign and not waiting for their turn. On weekends, they are obnoxious. During the Tour D'France, they are unbearable.

SoonerHoops
5/18/2011, 09:31 AM
After I pass them, I move all of the way over to the right when I get to the stop sign. This keeps them from just going through the stop sign and not waiting for their turn. On weekends, they are obnoxious. During the Tour D'France, they are unbearable.

This. It's amazing how bikers want to be treated like motorists and want the traffic laws to apply, but when there's a red light or stop sign, they're flying right through.

Let's face it, bikers choose whether they are on the road or the sidewalk based on which one is more convenient for them at the time. I see bikers almost daily around Norman that swerve from the road to the sidewalk multiple times because of something on one surface that may slow them down.

OutlandTrophy
5/18/2011, 09:32 AM
What a bunch of rude people in here.

Go ahead and flip them off and let them know that you don't like sharing the road with them but I have a thousand dollars that says not one of you tough motherf*ckers will let the bicyclist know about it and then pull your car over so you can talk about it.

I'm not sure who is sillier; the internet tough guy, the telephone tough guy or the hide in my car tough guy.

saucysoonergal
5/18/2011, 09:34 AM
If we want your opinion Mr. Carpet peeer, we'll ask for it. ;)

delhalew
5/18/2011, 09:35 AM
Whoops...my bad.
http://www.thirdraildesignlab.com/fimages2/2009-01-26_1503.png

Howzit
5/18/2011, 09:37 AM
I bet you're all fat.

The Profit
5/18/2011, 09:41 AM
I'm not sure who is sillier; the internet tough guy, the telephone tough guy or the hide in my car tough guy.

Actually the bicyclist, who has stretched Lycra well beyond its specified limits, is the silliest of them all. While the others may act silly at times, the cyclist not only acts silly, but also looks silly.

Hot Rod
5/18/2011, 10:11 AM
What I don't get, is why the runners are jogging on the street, when they are blocks near a park with a trail, or on the actual road that does have a sidewalk on it.

diverdog
5/18/2011, 10:23 AM

Go ahead and flip them off and let them know that you don't like sharing the road with them but I have a thousand dollars that says not one of you tough motherf*ckers will let the bicyclist know about it and then pull your car over so you can talk about it.

Totally agree.

It is no wonder Oklahoma is populated with a bunch of overweight people.

I have been run over 3 times by cars riding my bike. None of them were my fault. One driver ran me over on a country road west of Norman in the 70's. We were the only people on the road and then this a** decided to pull up next to us, cuss us out and then he proceeded to hit me. I filed charges and he was nailed with assualt and leaving the scene of an accident. The second time I was hit was by a car running a stop sign. I went through the windshield. The last time I was run over from behind by car on a country road in Delaware. She hit me with the mirror on the side of her car. In every accident the driver was found liable, paid lots of fines and in the case of the last person was sued and paid me close to $20,000 plus medical expenses.

Riders have the right to the road. Many of us are out there trying to stay fit, in many cases like myself getting in shape to do charity rides. Bikers are required to obey every aspect of the law and if they don't then the police will deal with them. I try to be safe, obey the rules of the road, ride in the country and give wide berths to traffic. But that is not enough. People turn into jerks behind the wheel of the car and there is no excuse for it. If you are complaining about a biker slowing you down then leave your house or job a little bit earlier. Chances are you are disobeying the law in your rush to get somewhere.

Howzit
5/18/2011, 10:29 AM
Totally agree.

It is no wonder Oklahoma is populated with a bunch of overweight people.

I have been run over 3 times by cars riding my bike. None of them were my fault. One driver ran me over on a country road west of Norman in the 70's. We were the only people on the road and then this a** decided to pull up next to us, cuss us out and then he proceeded to hit me. I filed charges and he was nailed with assualt and leaving the scene of an accident. The second time I was hit was by a car running a stop sign. I went through the windshield. The last time I was run over from behind by car on a country road in Delaware. She hit me with the mirror on the side of her car. In every accident the driver was found liable, paid lots of fines and in the case of the last person was sued and paid me close to $20,000 plus medical expenses.

Riders have the right to the road. Many of us are out there trying to stay fit, in many cases like myself getting in shape to do charity rides. Bikers are required to obey every aspect of the law and if they don't then the police will deal with them. I try to be safe, obey the rules of the road, ride in the country and give wide berths to traffic. But that is not enough. People turn into jerks behind the wheel of the car and there is no excuse for it. If you are complaining about a biker slowing you down then leave your house or job a little bit earlier. Chances are you are disobeying the law in your rush to get somewhere.

I said that in five words.

saucysoonergal
5/18/2011, 10:30 AM
No, you lycra wearing ninnes, you are holding up traffic!!! I never speed and am sick of you guys diobeying the rules of the road. Lobby the legislature for funds for bike lanes and then obey the rules of the road. ;)

Howzit
5/18/2011, 10:32 AM
I agree with the obeying traffic laws part. I'll admit I've run my share of stop signs, but only if there are no cars around, that's just asking for trouble on a couple of levels.

AND, if a po po person sees you run a stop sign, it's a ticket just like a motor vehicle.

TUSooner
5/18/2011, 11:13 AM
Lol. This post is an epic facepalm. Geez

I try.

SoonerJack
5/18/2011, 11:13 AM
why don't you just go around them. Most bikers can/will move to the right when a car is coming up behind them.

If there were few more bike lanes perhaps the fatty count would be a little lower around here.

Share the road.

soonercruiser
5/18/2011, 12:20 PM
Bicyclists are obviously MORE equal than motorists, because the apparently have the right to mow down pedestrians who get in their way, and zoom through stop signs and stoplights.

Wrong!
Bicyclists are just "equal", according to the law.
I can't run any more, because of cartilage loss in both knees from years of military fitness.
So, now I cycle for "fitness only". No water pack; no rear view mirrors.
But, there are places that I must ride on the street in order to get TO the bike trails.
Then, I stay to the right; never ride 2 abreast; Momentarily stop at signs (momentarily, or I wiill fall over with my toes in the pedal straps); and signal turns.
There are drivers who try to nudge close to me to intimidate me. There are drivers who cut you off. Most drivers of cars don't use their signals these days! So, there are plenty of jerks on both sides to cause problems when the two occupy the same road space.

Condescending Sooner
5/18/2011, 12:57 PM
Totally agree.

I have been run over 3 times by cars riding my bike.

I think if you have been runover three times, you should get a clue and quit riding in the streets.

diverdog
5/18/2011, 01:14 PM
No, you lycra wearing ninnes, you are holding up traffic!!! I never speed and am sick of you guys diobeying the rules of the road. Lobby the legislature for funds for bike lanes and then obey the rules of the road. ;)

Can't fit in lycra...huh?

diverdog
5/18/2011, 01:17 PM
I think if you have been runover three times, you should get a clue and quit riding in the streets.

I am a tough MFer. Cars don't scare me. Now I was cowerig like a sissy in my tent last weekend in a bad thunderstorm.

StoopTroup
5/18/2011, 01:22 PM

I lose points if I stop.

saucysoonergal
5/18/2011, 01:23 PM
Can't fit in lycra...huh?

I would look better than you in it, but I ain't a poser.

You want to be red real quick?

StoopTroup
5/18/2011, 01:24 PM
Whoops...my bad.

That's terrible but kind of funny at the same time....

I mean...BikerFox gives bikers such a bad name that one guy would take out 20 to get to him?

Wow!

The Profit
5/18/2011, 01:26 PM
Whoops...my bad.

Was the car going the wrong way, or were the bicyclists on the wrong side of the road? I am confused.

Howzit
5/18/2011, 01:30 PM
Was the car going the wrong way, or were the bicyclists on the wrong side of the road? I am confused.

I would bet the cyclists were on the correct side of the road. I've never seen a group riding into oncoming traffic.

If I remember, the driver was extremely drunk and just getting in from a night of partying.

Sooner_Tuf
5/18/2011, 01:33 PM
I don't ride much anymore. But it is great transportation and it is good for you and it is good for society.

I don't understand all the anger towards bikes but I have seen it. Years ago when I was in Virginia Beach there were a number of reasons why I didn't buy a car to keep there. A bike was good transportation for me.

If you are having a lot of problems with cars just keep a can of spray paint with an open nozzle in one of your water bottle holders. Even in a populated area people remember who will stripe their car if they don't show some sort decency toward others.

As for you rough asses that are going to let a biker in spandex know he's a fag. Remember that guy is in better shape than you and already has his heartbeat up. So unless you want to get whipped by a fag better to just keep quite and have another twinkee.

Bikers aren't a problem. They are part of a solution to many problems.

Sooner_Tuf
5/18/2011, 01:34 PM

Worthless without pics of that streamlined sexy bod.

Fire away with the red :D

soonercruiser
5/18/2011, 01:41 PM

What a condescending post!
:O

Partial Qualifier
5/18/2011, 01:47 PM
I don't ride much anymore. But it is great transportation and it is good for you and it is good for society.

I don't understand all the anger towards bikes but I have seen it. Years ago when I was in Virginia Beach there were a number of reasons why I didn't buy a car to keep there. A bike was good transportation for me.

If you are having a lot of problems with cars just keep a can of spray paint with an open nozzle in one of your water bottle holders. Even in a populated area people remember who will stripe their car if they don't show some sort decency toward others.

As for you rough asses that are going to let a biker in spandex know he's a fag. Remember that guy is in better shape than you and already has his heartbeat up. So unless you want to get whipped by a fag better to just keep quite and have another twinkee.

Bikers aren't a problem. They are part of a solution to many problems.

Troller Makes Outrageous Claims; Troll-ee Ups The Ante

OhU1
5/18/2011, 01:49 PM
I don't understand all the anger towards bikes but I have seen it. As for you rough asses that are going to let a biker in spandex know he's a fag. Remember that guy is in better shape than you and already has his heartbeat up. So unless you want to get whipped by a fag better to just keep quite and have another twinkee.

Some folks are angered or bothered when they see someone trying to get fit. They are not actually being slowed down any, what you're seeing is a cowardly passive aggressive action being taken behind the cover of a moving vehicle.

Little kids like to yell out of bus and car windows at people too but at least children have an excuse.

StoopTroup
5/18/2011, 01:50 PM

Give him the sushi....

http://www.bikerfox.com/celebrity/Team%20Special%20Olympics/bikerfox_ps5.jpg

StoopTroup
5/18/2011, 01:51 PM
Little kids like to yell out of bus and car windows at people too but at least children have an excuse.

Makes me laugh about this forum...

So many seem to be yelling out of the internet bus these days?

C&CDean
5/18/2011, 01:52 PM
If you're stupid enough to don those gay shorts/jerseys/fakey plastic helmet and put yourself out there on a .01 horsepower machine in the middle of thousands of tons of steel moving 4-8 times your speed, then you are stupid indeed and deserve to get ran over. It's your right, it's legal, but it's damned stupid.

I feel the same way about those ridiculously underpowered scooters.

OhU1
5/18/2011, 01:54 PM
Makes me laugh about this forum...

So many seem to be yelling out of the internet bus these days?

And that would be the internet short bus with this board. ;)

Howzit
5/18/2011, 01:57 PM
If you're stupid enough to don those gay shorts/jerseys/fakey plastic helmet and put yourself out there on a .01 horsepower machine in the middle of thousands of tons of steel moving 4-8 times your speed, then you are stupid indeed and deserve to get ran over. It's your right, it's legal, but it's damned stupid.

Well, it's certainly not for the faint of heart, Deaner.

C&CDean
5/18/2011, 01:59 PM
Well, it's certainly not for the faint of heart, Deaner.

You're confusing bravery with ignurnce.

Dallasbabe

You looked great in your lycra, slugger.

Sooner_Tuf
Troller Makes Outrageous Claims; Troll-ee Ups The Ante

If you want to suck it just ask, the answer is no but quit *****footing around.

C&CDean
5/18/2011, 02:03 PM
You looked great in your lycra, slugger.

That wasn't lycra. It was leather.

Partial Qualifier
5/18/2011, 02:04 PM
If you want to suck it just ask, the answer is no but quit *****footing around.

Don't forget yer spray paint there, tuf guy :D

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/18/2011, 02:05 PM

Sounds like he is getting rich getting run over ;)

Partial Qualifier
5/18/2011, 02:05 PM
From a somewhat-serious bicyclist in some form or fashion over the past 30 years: Riders in-town deserve right-of-way at all times and generally use good sense. The Lance Armstrong-wannabes, however - most of whom are brand-new bikers - riding outside of town tend to not use great judgement when choosing the roads they ride. These are the people Dean spoke of. But they generally very quickly learn the error of their ways (if they had sense to begin with)

IB4OU2
5/18/2011, 02:12 PM
Does it count as 2 if you run a tandem bike over?

1/2 a point for unicycle riders?

pphilfran
5/18/2011, 02:16 PM
From a somewhat-serious bicyclist in some form or fashion over the past 30 years: Riders in-town deserve right-of-way at all times and generally use good sense. The Lance Armstrong-wannabes, however - most of whom are brand-new bikers - riding outside of town tend to not use great judgement when choosing the roads they ride. These are the people Dean spoke of. But they generally very quickly learn the error of their ways (if they had sense to begin with)

I see it the other way around...in the country there are few, if any, alternate routes to take...now if there are in a group of 20 or 30 I tend to get pizzed...

In town I have seen bikes on a major street during rush hour when they could have moved one block north or south and traveled side streets with no additional time or effort needed...but hell no, it is their right to drive on the busiest f'n street in town so they are going to do it...causing already aggravated rush hour drivers to become even more agitated...

OutlandTrophy
5/18/2011, 02:20 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/xdt8uw.jpg

diverdog
5/18/2011, 02:23 PM
You're confusing bravery with ignurnce.

Lets look at the real risk. Driving a car is about the riskiest thing you do every day. It is as risky as riding a bike. Maybe more so.

diverdog
5/18/2011, 02:28 PM
Sounds like he is getting rich getting run over ;)

LOL:

The last time I got run over I was pissed. Damn near killed me and if I had not been a good rider I would be dead. She broke my femur. So I sued her and settled.

When I was younger and racing I rode about 15000 miles per year or more. So I was out there a lot. Every one of my friends have been run over who raced. It is a rite of passage and something you wear with honor.

saucysoonergal
5/18/2011, 02:30 PM
Ouch, a femur break? That is horrible. I won't turn you red. ;)

tator
5/18/2011, 02:32 PM

ya, there's no way this turns out bad

C&CDean
5/18/2011, 02:34 PM
Lets look at the real risk. Driving a car is about the riskiest thing you do every day. It is as risky as riding a bike. Maybe more so.

Oh. OK. Well you ride your bike thingy and I'll drive my truck. I'll take my chances.

C&CDean
5/18/2011, 02:35 PM
ya, there's no way this turns out bad

tuf ain't sounding too smart I'm a thinkin'.

Partial Qualifier
5/18/2011, 02:37 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/xdt8uw.jpg

Okay that's IT!! You, me, in the parking lot after work.

I'll go out there now and practice falling down.

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/18/2011, 02:38 PM
I don't have a problem with bicyclist but use more common sense. If there is a perfectly good sidewalk, don't be a dick on major road. Most bicyclist that do that stuff are just trying to get their jollies off so they can come home and say "Yeah, this redneck totally flipped me off and honked at me...I am so enlightened!!"

diverdog
5/18/2011, 02:40 PM
Oh. OK. Well you ride your bike thingy and I'll drive my truck. I'll take my chances.

Statistically your rate of survival in a typical SUV crash is about the same as a cyclist survival rate in a typical bike crash. People have this illusion that driving a car is safe and it ain't. You would have to skydive 17 times in one year to have the same risk of dying in an accident as driving 10,000 miles in your car.

http://adventure.howstuffworks.com/skydiving8.htm

http://dying.about.com/od/causes/tp/oddsdying.htm

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/18/2011, 02:41 PM
Yes...but who wins a collision between and F150 and a Huffy Speedster....

diverdog
5/18/2011, 02:43 PM
Ouch, a femur break? That is horrible. I won't turn you red. ;)

Thanks. It hurt so bad I went into shock.

diverdog
5/18/2011, 02:45 PM
Yes...but who wins a collision between and F150 and a Huffy Speedster....

Depending on the year of the F150. :D

C&CDean
5/18/2011, 02:45 PM
Statistically your rate of survival in a typical SUV crash is about the same as a cyclist survival rate in a typical bike crash. People have this illusion that driving a car is safe and it ain't. You would have to have to skydive 17 times in one year to have the same risk of dying in an accident as driving 10,000 miles in your car.

http://adventure.howstuffworks.com/skydiving8.htm

http://dying.about.com/od/causes/tp/oddsdying.htm

Like I said, I'll take my chances.

One thing I do know though. When a bicycle and a car tangle, the car wins EVERY SINGLE TIME. No exceptions.

diverdog
5/18/2011, 02:51 PM
I don't have a problem with bicyclist but use more common sense. If there is a perfectly good sidewalk, don't be a dick on major road. Most bicyclist that do that stuff are just trying to get their jollies off so they can come home and say "Yeah, this redneck totally flipped me off and honked at me...I am so enlightened!!"

Gandalf the problem is that a really good cyclist will ride an average of 20 plus mph. The group I ride with will ride 30 miles in a little over an hour. Riding on a sidewalk is not an option.

Dallasbabe
5/18/2011, 02:56 PM
I want one of you bike riders to give me pump somewhere.

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/18/2011, 02:59 PM
Diver...I understand that, however a really good cyclist isn't usually doing that on a major road during peak busy hours...

Fraggle145
5/18/2011, 02:59 PM
I bike to school everyday because it saves me money on gas and a parking permit and I live around the intersection of Boyd and Berry. Its a six minute bike ride.

They dont have sufficient sidewalks for me to use those on Boyd St or I would, because people are crazy. The started it after I sent numerous emails to my city council member but ran out of money and didnt finish it. So now we have sidewalks on Berry. And on Boyd from Campus corner to about halfway to Berry. Then nada. Tell me how that makes sense. I'll tell you one thing it looks like ****.

I dont think riding a bike is always about being an entitled hippy, I think sometimes its just easier and cheaper.

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/18/2011, 03:04 PM
Not all of them are entitled hippies...
Some are and they give all of them a bad name

StoopTroup
5/18/2011, 03:14 PM

Why not slash the tires on his car and run him over in the parking lot?

That's what all the cool kids are doing....

OutlandTrophy
5/18/2011, 04:46 PM

I'm here at the bike rack. I will be easy to find, I already have my shirt off.

Jammin'
5/18/2011, 04:51 PM
Gandalf the problem is that a really good cyclist will ride an average of 20 plus mph. The group I ride with will ride 30 miles in a little over an hour. Riding on a sidewalk is not an option.

The problem the OP has it that a really good motorist can go faster than 20 mph.

Me personally, can you bikers at least not travel the roads of north Edmond during the AM and PM rush hour? I appreciate you don't have to work until 5pm then drive 30 mins home but seeing you in your spandex after a 3 hour "workday" makes me really want to hit you. No personal offense meant at all.

Sooner5030
5/18/2011, 04:59 PM
when cyclist are forced to tag their asset and provide proof of liability insurance in order to access public roads I'll be a little more open to them using the road. Until then......FU you free-loading, traffic causing asshats!

SoonerBread
5/19/2011, 12:51 AM
Car vs. train, train wins.

Car vs. bicycle, car wins.

Car yields to train. Bicycle yields to no one. Why?

Turd_Ferguson
5/19/2011, 12:58 AM
I want one of you bike riders to give me pump somewhere.Can your *** fit between my handlebars?

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/19/2011, 01:11 AM
Not to mention I don't drive my car on the train tracks and ask the train to slow down either ;)

diverdog
5/19/2011, 08:08 AM
The problem the OP has it that a really good motorist can go faster than 20 mph.

Me personally, can you bikers at least not travel the roads of north Edmond during the AM and PM rush hour? I appreciate you don't have to work until 5pm then drive 30 mins home but seeing you in your spandex after a 3 hour "workday" makes me really want to hit you. No personal offense meant at all.

I don't live in OK anymore. Given that most hardcore cyclist own equipment that cost more than a used car, I doubt that they are working 3 hrs per day. Most of my friends make well north of 6 figures. One of the big issues with cycling is the cost.

When I ride I try to be extremely considerate to traffic and if possible I want to ride where there are no cars.

delhalew
5/19/2011, 08:13 AM
I don't live in OK anymore. Given that most hardcore cyclist own equipment that cost more than a used car, I doubt that they are working 3 hrs per day. Most of my friends make well north of 6 figures. One of the big issues with cycling is the cost.

When I ride I try to be extremely considerate to traffic and if possible I want to ride where there are no cars.

These are the *******s I want to kill. I am happy to hear you are an exception.

Joe Blow heading to his barista job at Starbucks, I can cut some slack. These guys spending good money to come get in the way for fun...I will crush you.

texaspokieokie
5/19/2011, 08:16 AM
i sure feel bad about the bikers having to spend so much for their equipment. :P

Peach Fuzz
5/19/2011, 08:23 AM
spend all that money just so they can get ED... sucks

badger
5/19/2011, 11:13 AM
I used to ride around Norman when I was too dirt poor to have a car and I'd get honked at a lot because there weren't sidewalks on some roads around town and I'd use the road (yes, I know bikes aren't supposed to use sidewalks but no use fighting crazy college traffic). Of course, these are also the same drivers that regularly smash their daddy's truck through a security gate on campus because they don't like something blocking their entrance. Remember those university apartments north of the baseball field? Gate smashed off all of the time. :D

soonercruiser
5/19/2011, 11:27 AM
I would venture a guess that there as many bad/stupid drivers, as bad/stupid cyclists!
:pop: