PDA

View Full Version : Michele Bachmann challenged by 16 year old

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 04:01 PM
Evidently Michelle Passes....lol

May 17, 2011 7:00 am

By MELISSA DIPENTO

In her letter to Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, 16-year-old Amy Myers writes that she is a “typical high school student.”

What the Cherry Hill East sophomore did; however, was not exactly typical.

So, Myers challenged Bachmann to a public debate.

Her April 29 letter to Bachmann included, “I have found quite a few of your statements regarding the Constitution of the United States, the quality of public school education and general U.S. civics matters to be factually incorrect, inaccurately applied or grossly distorted,” Myers said. “The frequency and scope of these comments prompted me to write this letter.”

Myers, the Op-Ed editor of the Eastside, East’s school newspaper, said she has been outraged by how Bachmann has informed the public about historical events.

Myers said she was particularly perturbed by Bachmann’s retelling of the “Shot heard ‘round the world.”

The line is from Ralph Waldo Emerson’s “Concord Hymn” and is recognized as marking the beginning of the American Revolutionary War and the battles of Lexington and Concord in 1775.

“She said it was in New Hampshire–that’s where the shot was heard ‘round the world. It was in Massachusetts. I was 13 and I knew that,” Myers said.

http://cherryhill.sunne.ws/2011/05/17/the-challenge-heard-round-the-world/

http://www.theroot.com/buzz/high-school-student-challenges-michele-bachmann

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andrew-reinbach/michele-bachmann-called-o_b_862554.html

Bachmann Challenged by High Schooler to Debate Constitution

Out of the mouths of babes. A New Jersey sophomore is laying down the gauntlet to TeaPublican ditz Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) over the congresswoman’s wacky revisionist history and consistently false claims on policy and social issues. In an open letter to Bachmann, Amy Myers challenges the tea party queen to debate the Constitution and civics because “I have found quite a few of your statements regarding The Constitution of the United States, the quality of public school education and general U.S. civics matters to be factually incorrect, inaccurately applied or grossly distorted.”

In 2009, Politifact rated Bachmann’s statement about the U.S. Constitution as “Pants on Fire” false.

Here is Amy Myers full letter challenging Rep. Bachmann:

http://veracitystew.com/2011/05/13/bachmann-challenged-by-high-schooler-to-debate-constitution/

dynersooner
5/17/2011, 04:03 PM
hye, that sounds like a total win-win for a US senator to engage a 16yr old public HS stundent in a debate! i mean, what coudl she POSSIBLY stand to lose.

she should totally do it. its a really good idea to debate random mouthbreathers...

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 04:05 PM
There you go Del....

A real challenge / Debate....

And Michelle passes....

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 04:06 PM
hye, that sounds like a total win-win for a US senator to engage a 16yr old public HS stundent in a debate! i mean, what coudl she POSSIBLY stand to lose.

she should totally do it. its a really good idea to debate random mouthbreathers...

Yeah....she sounds like a real mouthbreather....LMAO

Dear Representative Bachmann,

My name is Amy Myers. I am a Cherry Hill, New Jersey sophomore attending Cherry Hill High School East. As a typical high school student, I have found quite a few of your statements regarding The Constitution of the United States, the quality of public school education and general U.S. civics matters to be factually incorrect, inaccurately applied or grossly distorted. The frequency and scope of these comments prompted me to write this letter.

Though I am not in your home district, or even your home state, you are a United States Representative of some prominence who is subject to national media coverage. News outlets and websites across this country profile your causes and viewpoints on a regular basis. As one of a handful of women in Congress, you hold a distinct privilege and responsibility to better represent your gender nationally. The statements you make help to serve an injustice to not only the position of Congresswoman, but women everywhere. Though politically expedient, incorrect comments cast a shadow on your person and by unfortunate proxy, both your supporters and detractors alike often generalize this shadow to women as a whole.

Rep. Bachmann, the frequent inability you have shown to accurately and factually present even the most basic information about the United States led me to submit the follow challenge, pitting my public education against your advanced legal education:

I, Amy Myers, do hereby challenge Representative Michele Bachmann to a Public Forum Debate and/or Fact Test on The Constitution of the United States, United States History and United States Civics.

Hopefully, we will be able to meet for such an event, as it would prove to be enlightening.

Sincerely yours,
Amy Myers

Sooner_Tuf
5/17/2011, 04:06 PM
I invited Obama to go fishin'. Hadn't heard anything either.

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 04:18 PM

Use better bait and put a copy of your real birth certificate in it next time.

Obama is President BTW...

I'd bet Amy is capable to drive to DC and debate Bachman anytime she's not busy ranting about something on Fox.

winout
5/17/2011, 11:41 PM
She should debate the Pres on the number of states as well.

jkjsooner
5/17/2011, 11:57 PM

Agreed up until the mouthbreathers comment. Whether you agree or disagree with her points, this girl sounds extremely intelligent.

olevetonahill
5/18/2011, 01:03 AM

Hell he gonna be at the next Ho-Down, Tolt me he Likes Natty also.:cool:

Agreed up until the mouthbreathers comment. Whether you agree or disagree with her points, this girl sounds extremely intelligent.

That girl sounds like she could whip Leroy in a debate.:eek: ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/18/2011, 01:08 AM
Yeah but Leroy would think he won anyway... ;)

olevetonahill
5/18/2011, 01:09 AM
Yeah but Leroy would think he won anyway... ;)

:D :D :D ;)

The Profit
5/18/2011, 08:38 AM
Hell he gonna be at the next Ho-Down, Tolt me he Likes Natty also.:cool:

That girl sounds like she could whip Leroy in a debate.:eek: ;)

Was that when you still had the gator?

texaspokieokie
5/18/2011, 08:56 AM

i detest precocious kids.

Position Limit
5/18/2011, 08:58 AM
while michelle bachmann is dumber than a bag of hammers and has zero business in public office, i would run it in deep.

jkjsooner
5/18/2011, 08:59 AM
i detest precocious kids.

I do too and she is definitely naive but still seems very intelligent.

The Profit
5/18/2011, 09:12 AM
while michelle bachmann is dumber than a bag of hammers and has zero business in public office, i would run it in deep.

Only if could gag her first.

KantoSooner
5/18/2011, 09:18 AM
Sounds like the high school chick would whip Bachman silly in a debate. Not that such a result should surprise anyone. Judging from her public comments, Bachman dropped out of school and stopped reading sometime prior to the fourth grade.

Which gives her twice Palin's education.

olevetonahill
5/18/2011, 09:19 AM
Was that when you still had the gator?

Oh ****, Ya mean he may not show now?:eek:

The Profit
5/18/2011, 09:21 AM
Oh ****, Ya mean he may not show now?:eek:

No, he might show now that the gator is gone. When you issued the invite, did you tell him fishin or noodlin?

cccasooner2
5/18/2011, 09:34 AM
I do too and she is definitely naive but still seems very intelligent.

Another world saver. Exaggerating and lying have been a staple of American politics for over 200 years.

cccasooner2
5/18/2011, 09:38 AM
Only if could gag her first.

With one of those rubber gag balls? Would you also clip her nipples? :D

olevetonahill
5/18/2011, 09:42 AM
No, he might show now that the gator is gone. When you issued the invite, did you tell him fishin or noodlin?

I just told him there gonna be
some drankin
gonna be some dancing
gonna be some fightin
gonna be some ****in

dint say nuthin about fishin.

The Profit
5/18/2011, 09:45 AM
some drankin
gonna be some dancing
gonna be some fightin
gonna be some ****in

Who could turn that down.

olevetonahill
5/18/2011, 09:49 AM
Who could turn that down.

Well Hell, Thats why he gonna be here,
Pay Tention

virginiasooner
5/18/2011, 09:53 AM

Well, the 16 year old "mouthbreather" already has you beat because Michelle Bachmann is a REPRESENTATIVE. The Senators from Minnesota are Amy Klobuchar and Al Franken.

3rdgensooner
5/18/2011, 09:55 AM
I'm a huge fan of sassy little girls.

KantoSooner
5/18/2011, 09:57 AM
some drankin
gonna be some dancing
gonna be some fightin
gonna be some ****in

Gonna be more than you and me there?

olevetonahill
5/18/2011, 09:59 AM
Gonna be more than you and me there?

:D ;)

StoopTroup
5/18/2011, 10:53 AM
Wait....

Is this where I jump in and say oh man. You all got trolled! I totally trolled all of you. I don't really care about Bachman or this Story!

Bwahahahaha!!!!!

OMG! I totally pwned you!!!!!

StoopTroup
5/18/2011, 10:56 AM
This stuff is so funny. Lol

StoopTroup
5/18/2011, 10:58 AM
Vet. I made you favorite pancakes.

Sooner_Tuf
5/18/2011, 01:12 PM
Use better bait and put a copy of your real birth certificate in it next time.

Obama is President BTW...

I'd bet Amy is capable to drive to DC and debate Bachman anytime she's not busy ranting about something on Fox.

Well I tell you what, I ordered my birth certificate but it takes a couple of years to get one made. Who knew?

You know I looked and looked but I can't find where he is listed as their president LINK (http://btw-trikers.org/uploads/home.php). But I suppose like a lot of us they aren't very proud of it.

You sure do have a lot of faith in a child that you read one story about. Is that a sign of instability where you live? I think people here (by here I mean earth) would consider it to be.

StoopTroup
5/18/2011, 01:17 PM
Well I tell you what, I ordered my birth certificate but it takes a couple of years to get one made. Who knew?

You know I looked and looked but I can't find where he is listed as their president LINK (http://btw-trikers.org/uploads/home.php). But I suppose like a lot of us they aren't very proud of it.

You sure do have a lot of faith in a child that you read one story about. Is that a sign of instability where you live? I think people here (by here I mean earth) would consider it to be.

IT'S POSSIBLE THAT SHE IS AN ALIEN FROM ANOTHER WORLD!

IT IS THE RAPTURE EVERYONE!

TIME TO HEAD TO CHURCH TUF!

Sooner_Tuf
5/18/2011, 01:36 PM
IT'S POSSIBLE THAT SHE IS AN ALIEN FROM ANOTHER WORLD!

IT IS THE RAPTURE EVERYONE!

TIME TO HEAD TO CHURCH TUF!

I'll see you there. Do I I need to bring like a dead chicken's foot or do have me covered?

StoopTroup
5/18/2011, 01:45 PM
I'll see you there. Do I I need to bring like a dead chicken's foot or do have me covered?

Maybe a new keyboard would be a good start....lol

soonercoop1
5/18/2011, 05:34 PM
liberal progressives always show you who they are afraid of with their vitriol...always...

GKeeper316
5/18/2011, 05:48 PM
I'm a huge fan of sassy little girls.

i like spankin em