PDA

View Full Version : Weird. We surged past the debt ceiling yesterday...

delhalew
5/17/2011, 10:56 AM
and somehow the sun rose today.

While we are on the subject.

Den of Vipers & Thieves

“I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States. I have had men watching you for a long time, and am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the Bank…You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out and, by the Eternal, I will rout you out.” - Andrew Jackson

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/guest-post-good-bad-and-ugly-part-3

soonerchk
5/17/2011, 11:02 AM
It's because we've got the head of the world monetary system in solitary confinement at Riker's Island...

pphilfran
5/17/2011, 11:02 AM
They get to play games with funding entitlement programs and that buys them another two or three months....

I with I could run my business that way...give myself loans and not cut expenses to meet self initiated goals...

yermom
5/17/2011, 11:05 AM
privatize the profits and socialize the losses

delhalew
5/17/2011, 11:07 AM
Lots of good info in that link...

delhalew
5/17/2011, 11:10 AM
The Road to Hell is Paved by Central Bankers

“Banking was conceived in iniquity, and was born in sin. The Bankers own the Earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create deposits, and with the flick of the pen, they will create enough deposits, to buy it back again. However, take it away from them, and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear, and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But if you wish to remain the slaves of Bankers, and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create deposits.” – Sir Josiah Stamp (President of the Bank of England in the 1920′s, the second richest man in Britain)

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 11:14 AM
Obama socializing the losses. Tonight on Fox: POTUS enslaves America!

I doubt the President will do anything until the Fed and the Treasury have to do something. The Republicans are trying to force him to act instead of really coming up with a good solution. Both Parties are trying to get rid of each other at the expense of the American People. This won't end well IMO

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 11:16 AM
The Road to Hell is Paved by Central Bankers

“Banking was conceived in iniquity, and was born in sin. The Bankers own the Earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create deposits, and with the flick of the pen, they will create enough deposits, to buy it back again. However, take it away from them, and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear, and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But if you wish to remain the slaves of Bankers, and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create deposits.” – Sir Josiah Stamp (President of the Bank of England in the 1920′s, the second richest man in Britain)

I agree

delhalew
5/17/2011, 11:21 AM

I doubt the President will do anything until the Fed and the Treasury have to do something. The Republicans are trying to force him to act instead of really coming up with a good solution. Both Parties are trying to get rid of each other at the expense of the American People. This won't end well IMO

Only one outcome is acceptable...change the way we do business.

Balanced budget amendment. Reign in(dismantle...pretty please) the Federal Reserve. Force congress to do their Constitutionally mandated job, of controlling monetary policy.

No more half-assed, mamby pamby, give and take stalling on OUR part. Let's be truthful. Our Representative are weak, because WE ARE WEAK.

Penguin
5/17/2011, 11:35 AM
A balanced budget amendment would never work. During times of expansion, the government would be forced to spend all of its surplus and this would force the government to directly compete with free enterprise, therefore killing the expansion. During a recession, the government would be forced to raise taxes and cut spending, two things that would drag out the recession and possibly pull the economy into a depression.

Balanced budget amendment is a nice buzzword, but it would never work.

delhalew
5/17/2011, 11:54 AM
A balanced budget amendment would never work. During times of expansion, the government would be forced to spend all of its surplus and this would force the government to directly compete with free enterprise, therefore killing the expansion. During a recession, the government would be forced to raise taxes and cut spending, two things that would drag out the recession and possibly pull the economy into a depression.

Balanced budget amendment is a nice buzzword, but it would never work.

There is always a way. As long as it means the end of printing and borrowing trillions of dollars on account of there is nations that need building, and the empire needs a new pair of shoes...well, you get he point.

Sooner_Tuf
5/17/2011, 01:39 PM
Government is no different than private business. If you don't have the money then it is not your business.

dwarthog
5/17/2011, 01:48 PM

Not do anything in the same vein of doing nothing while the Dem's controlled the house and senate by large margins and decided to skip on passing a budget prior to the 2010 elections so as to avoid any of that nasty campaigning on their records and now shift the blame onto the Repub's when they try to step up and get something accomplished?

What flavor is the kool-aid today?

soonercruiser
5/17/2011, 04:00 PM
So! You mean all those bad things that the Demoncrats said were going to happen, didn't happen! Demagogues!

BudSooner
5/17/2011, 08:14 PM
I had a surge in the ****ter a week ago monday and nobody has been able to go in there since then.

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 08:29 PM
Not do anything in the same vein of doing nothing while the Dem's controlled the house and senate by large margins and decided to skip on passing a budget prior to the 2010 elections so as to avoid any of that nasty campaigning on their records and now shift the blame onto the Repub's when they try to step up and get something accomplished?

What flavor is the kool-aid today?

We can always go back and argue the past.

The thing is....we have never faced this predicament in my lifetime and as an American...I think it's completely GREED driven. It's sickening IMO. We help other Countries with billions while we sit here listening to how people in America are ruining our Country via Entitlements.

At the same time Congress gives themselves raises and when to do a budget they say they have lowered their spending for this year because they didn't go over the 20% they raised the cap. Basically they raise it to 20% more and at the end of every cycle they announce how they lowered spending 10%. When what they really did was spend 10% more than the previous year. It's a financial sham.

Then we give other Countries Billions so Private Entities can do business there and they do not get paid back to the help and then they outsource American jobs to boot.

Yeah....things need to change but who's party is going to do it?

The Kool aid? It's always loaded with artificial sweetener....

sappstuf
5/17/2011, 08:41 PM
It has been 747 days since the Dem led Senate has passed a budget....

Clearly the Repubs are to blame....

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 08:46 PM
It has been 747 days since the Dem led Senate has passed a budget....

Clearly the Repubs are to blame....

I blame them both.

sappstuf
5/17/2011, 08:56 PM
I blame them both.

And you would be wrong... But you have that right. ;)

When the 2011 budget was due, the Dems had a 77 seat majority in the House and an 18 seat majority in the Senate.

They could have passed the federal budget that would have led to the Dem Nirvana and there would have been nothing the Repubs could have done...

How do you blame the Repubs for this situation?

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 09:09 PM
And you would be wrong... But you have that right. ;)

When the 2011 budget was due, the Dems had a 77 seat majority in the House and an 18 seat majority in the Senate.

They could have passed the federal budget that would have led to the Dem Nirvana and there would have been nothing the Repubs could have done...

How do you blame the Repubs for this situation?Ron Paul is trying to hold Obama Hostage right now. He had two dooshbags on the panels he hand picked to tell him what he wanted and the third guy (The most qualified of the two told him exactly what he needs to do to help us avoid default. He then completely ignored the guy and pushed for the answer he was looking for. It's called loading the jury box.

I have no faith that he will do what's good for the country as he seems hell bent on doing what he thinks fits their agenda.

Same ****...different Day.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153960&highlight=ron+paul

ignore it....don't watch it....I don't care what you do. I watch some of this stuff and I still have no idea what all is going on but when you see crap like this....you can at least make out that Ron Paul is no better than any of the rest. I am in complete shock that We The People continue to ignore and put trust in these paid off dooshbags.

SoCaliSooner
5/17/2011, 09:17 PM
Ron Paul is trying to hold Obama Hostage right now. He had two dooshbags on the panels he hand picked to tell him what he wanted and the third guy (The most qualified of the two told him exactly what he needs to do to help us avoid default. He then completely ignored the guy and pushed for the answer he was looking for. It's called loading the jury box.

I have no faith that he will do what's good for the country as he seems hell bent on doing what he thinks fits their agenda.

ignore it....don't watch it....I don't care what you do. I watch some of this stuff and I still have no idea what all is going on but when you see crap like this....you can at least make out that Ron Paul is no better than any of the rest. I am in complete shock that We The People continue to ignore and put trust in these paid off dooshbags.

What does that have to do with the question he asked? Why didn't the dems in full majority control, push through their budget that assuredly would have fixed all?

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 09:21 PM
What does that have to do with the question he asked? Why didn't the dems in full majority control, push through their budget that assuredly would have fixed all?

Why don't you get off my ****ing *** you troll. I answer the way I answer. If you don't like it.....cram it up your *** Troll.

SoCaliSooner
5/17/2011, 09:25 PM
Got it. It's Ron Paul's fault.

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 09:26 PM
Got it. It's Ron Paul's fault.

Finally....

I was thinking there for a minute you thought politicians were good people.

Dooshbag

SoCaliSooner
5/17/2011, 09:30 PM
Not sure why you're always making personal attacks on me when I've never called you any names....must be something you locals do.

sappstuf
5/17/2011, 09:34 PM
Ron Paul is trying to hold Obama Hostage right now. He had two dooshbags on the panels he hand picked to tell him what he wanted and the third guy (The most qualified of the two told him exactly what he needs to do to help us avoid default. He then completely ignored the guy and pushed for the answer he was looking for. It's called loading the jury box.

Sorry try again. Ron Paul is not even on the House Budget Committee. He is the Chair of the Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology. He can have all the hearings he wants, but he is pretty far down the totem poll.

You need to find a much bigger bogeyman than Ron Paul...

StoopTroup
5/17/2011, 09:46 PM
Sorry try again. Ron Paul is not even on the House Budget Committee. He is the Chair of the Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology. He can have all the hearings he wants, but he is pretty far down the totem poll.

You need to find a much bigger bogeyman than Ron Paul...

It just stems from a few folks on here that think we need another freaking Texan to **** up our Country. The thought of putting another Texan in the Whitehouse is really disturbing IMO. Nobody and I mean nobody has been happy with a POTUS since Reagan and even he had some really serious screw ups during his Presidency.

Try again? Sheezzzz By the time I find someone to hang it on our Country will no longer be the Country the World looks to as a leader in the monetary markets of the World. We will end up paying even more for the money we borrow to help pay the interest on our debt.

You better start hanging that **** on someone instead of disagreeing with me on a message board. Our Country and Taxpayers are continuing to pay for crap we shouldn't. I'm tired of playing a game that there isn't anyone to blame. I've decided to blame the bottom feeders like Paul. If you don't like it...I do not care. If you think he's not part of the problem....you are out of your mind. He's as much of the problem as that fat dooshbag in Harlem.

sappstuf
5/17/2011, 10:01 PM
It just stems from a few folks on here that think we need another freaking Texan to **** up our Country. The thought of putting another Texan in the Whitehouse is really disturbing IMO. Nobody and I mean nobody has been happy with a POTUS since Reagan and even he had some really serious screw ups during his Presidency.

Try again? Sheezzzz By the time I find someone to hang it on our Country will no longer be the Country the World looks to as a leader in the monetary markets of the World. We will end up paying even more for the money we borrow to help pay the interest on our debt.

You better start hanging that **** on someone instead of disagreeing with me on a message board. Our Country and Taxpayers are continuing to pay for crap we shouldn't. I'm tired of playing a game that there isn't anyone to blame. I've decided to blame the bottom feeders like Paul. If you don't like it...I do not care. If you think he's not part of the problem....you are out of your mind. He's as much of the problem as that fat dooshbag in Harlem.

So you don't mind calling Ron Paul out, who had the power of a **** ant before the elections, but now has the power of a slightly larger ant. But you cannot bring yourself to call out a single Dem when they didn't pass a budget for almost 750 days...

It is a strange position to hold when you seem so passionate about solving our problems.

soonercruiser
5/17/2011, 10:29 PM
I blame them both.

I've heard the term "spreading the wealth".
But, simply "spreading the blame" to level the discussion is ridiculous!
:rolleyes:

jkjsooner
5/17/2011, 10:32 PM
So! You mean all those bad things that the Demoncrats said were going to happen, didn't happen! Demagogues!

No it means they've employed a trick. Wait until we start defaulting on government debt...

We need to fix the government's fiscal crisis but this game of chicken could end with disasterous consequences. Congress doesn't care though because both sides think the populace will blame the other side.

delhalew
5/17/2011, 10:57 PM
Man, ST. All other things aside, when you talk politics, you get ridiculous.