PDA

View Full Version : State of Oklahoma vs State of Tejas

MeMyself&Me
5/17/2011, 06:47 AM
Was reading about the I-35 series (Thunder vs Mavs) in the USA Today this morning while eating breakfast in the hotel lobby. Nearly spit out my coffee at this little factoid:

Major-college national football championships: Oklahoma, 7(All Oklahoma); Texas 6(Texas 4, TCU 1, Texas A&M 1)

*Since 1936, when The Associated Press began conducting polls

Texas has, what, 3... 4 times the number FBS schools at Oklahoma and all of them combined can't out do OU! :D

SoonerofAlabama
5/17/2011, 06:52 AM
We still beat Texas! Awesome

owenfieldreams
5/17/2011, 07:28 AM
And we did it with their players. I love it

XingTheRubicon
5/17/2011, 07:41 AM
texas really has 3 AP, OU has 7

1970, Nebraska was the real national champion. texas got stomped as usual in the cotton bowl.

texaspokieokie
5/17/2011, 07:46 AM
texas really has 3 AP, OU has 7

1970, Nebraska was the real national champion. texas got stomped as usual in the cotton bowl.

to be fair, (that is, logical), if you take 1970 from tejas, you should take
1950 from OK. (lost bowl game)

are we like alabama & only gonna count the polls that favor us ??

also, if you go by splits, 1974 was split. obviously tho, OU was the champ,
11-0 vs 10-1-1.

tfoolry
5/17/2011, 08:50 AM
Go Mavs!

Octavian
5/17/2011, 10:36 AM
to be fair, (that is, logical), if you take 1970 from tejas, you should take
1950 from OK. (lost bowl game)

are we like alabama & only gonna count the polls that favor us ??

also, if you go by splits, 1974 was split. obviously tho, OU was the champ,
11-0 vs 10-1-1.

There's a difference between '50 and '70 though. In '50, all polls closed before the bowl game -- that was the tradition and no one thought twice about it.

In '70, the AP waited until after the bowl game...while the UPI/Coaches did not. So the UPI crowned Texas before the bowl game, they got stomped, then the AP awarded the rightful champ, Nebraska...and no one outside of Austin recognized UT's title. Not so with OU in 1950.

fwiw...

and....it is nice that OU has more NC's (and Heismans) than all the Texas schools combined.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 10:55 AM
Puleez. OU lost your bowl game in '50 and didn't even play in bowl games in two of your other "title" years ('56 and '74) because of probation for cheating. If you want to take away our title in '70, you lose 3 titles. In addition, OU has the following split titles: '50 and '74 which is more than UT.

If you want to talk about how it was back then, fine. But the coaches' poll awarded the title at the end of the regular season and that's how it was. You guys just like to revise history to suit you. BTW, Nebraska had a tie in the regular season in '70, something Texas haters always convenientely forget to include in this argument. We were the only undefeated team. Also, bowl games didn't mean the same back then. And to say nobody outside of Austin recognizes UT as a split title holder in '70 is a flat out lie. Find me one list of national champs that doesn't include UT that year.

But hate on. Just trying to interject some facts here.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 11:11 AM
texas got stomped as usual in the cotton bowl.
BTW, Rubicon and Octavian, UT did not get "stomped" in that bowl game. 13 points isn't a stomping. Also, we have a winning record in Cotton Bowl games as well as in that stadium vs. OU. I know, pesky facts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Longhorns_football

oudavid1
5/17/2011, 11:31 AM
BTW, Rubicon and Octavian, UT did not get "stomped" in that bowl game. 13 points isn't a stomping. Also, we have a winning record in Cotton Bowl games as well as in that stadium vs. OU. I know, pesky facts.

Its amazing how you can beat us a lot, yet we can win the title a lot more than you.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 11:33 AM
Take away Bud Wilkin$on and his documented bag of cash in the 50s and we're even in national titles.

MeMyself&Me
5/17/2011, 11:37 AM
Puleez. OU lost your bowl game in '50 and didn't even play in bowl games in two of your other "title" years ('56 and '74) because of probation for cheating. If you want to take away our title in '70, you lose 3 titles. In addition, OU has the following split titles: '50 and '74 which is more than UT.

If you want to talk about how it was back then, fine. But the coaches' poll awarded the title at the end of the regular season and that's how it was. You guys just like to revise history to suit you. BTW, Nebraska had a tie in the regular season in '70, something Texas haters always convenientely forget to include in this argument. We were the only undefeated team. Also, bowl games didn't mean the same back then. And to say nobody outside of Austin recognizes UT as a split title holder in '70 is a flat out lie. Find me one list of national champs that doesn't include UT that year.

I'm not one to argue that the '70 title doesn't count cause I think the Coaches Poll/UPI is one of the two polls that I think are worth recognizing. However, I can't help but correct some points in your post.

1) OU didn't play in a bowl game following the '56 season cause of conference rules that forbade bowl participation in consecutive years. Not due to probation.

2) Bowls were seen as different back then, that's for sure. But we're talking about WAY back then, like in the fifties when ALL polls were done before the bowl season and teams would elect not to participate in bowls for various reason and conferences would prohibit teams from participating in consecutive years. By 1970, all those things had changed. The Coaches Poll/UPI was the last one to recognize the change. They crowned their champion following the bowls the very next year.

3) Texas was not undefeated. They had one loss... in the Cotton Bowl.

oudavid1
5/17/2011, 11:40 AM
Take away Bud Wilkin$on and his documented bag of cash in the 50s and we're even in national titles.

Take away the university of texas and.....well you guys aren't really anything.

I mean really, you guys make more money than anyone else. But you are not that good. So you must have really stupid fans. Glad to get that off my chest.

Octavian
5/17/2011, 11:41 AM
Ah....Herr is back from the abyss. Missed ya last season...where'd ya go, man? How'd things....how'd things end up for you guys down there?

You're all over the map on this one....

Why would we lose three? Where are you getting that? Because we didn't play in a bowl game in two of them? So....?

In the '50s, we couldn't go back to the Orange Bowl because of the Big Eight's "no-repeat rule" (which was specifically implemented to let other B8 schools besides us get a chance to experience a bowl game).

There was no split in '50. OU won the AP and UPI -- the only major polls that matter. Southern Cal's '74 "NC" is a monumental joke. It was granted to them via the UPI after DKR's sewing circle implemented the not so subtle anti-Switzer rule that very same year.

If you want to talk about how it was back then, fine.

That's the point. In 1950, when we lost to Kentucky, the reaction was, "Wow...Kentucky upset the national champions."

When Texas lost twenty years later, the reaction was, "Wow...looks like Nebraska is the champion...since we've been waiting until after the bowl games for awhile now."

But the coaches' poll awarded the title at the end of the regular season and that's how it was. You guys just like to revise history to suit you.

Yes, but the UPI was the alternative poll in the first place. The more established and prestigious AP waited until after the bowls -- and they chose Nebraska...because they didn't get donkey stomped in their bowl game.

Much different than 1950, when there was no alternative method. OU was consensus NC by rule and custom.

BTW, Nebraska had a tie in the regular season in '70, something Texas haters always convenientely forget to include in this argument. We were the only undefeated team.

Going into the bowl game, yes -- but then you got mudholed.

But if you're going to use this approach anyway, best to drop the case for USC's "split" in '74. Incompatible arguments are incompatible.

And to say nobody outside of Austin recognizes UT as a split title holder in '70 is a flat out lie. Find me one list of national champs that doesn't include UT that year.

Agree here....and maybe that's all that really matters. But that's only true now...at the time, it wasn't.

At least you (and Nebraska, for that matter) don't just pick random years and start stitching together banners ala other traditional powers like USC, Bama, Ohio State (which is even worse than Bama), and even middling powers like Pitt...who somehow found 9 NCs to their own credit. Hell, A&M is trying to find creative ways to claim something from 1918 or somewhere around there. Sad.

Here's a fact: Squints McTurnover is returning to send you back to the abyss. Get your drinkin shoes on....

badger
5/17/2011, 11:42 AM

To paraphrase what teachers used to tell us kids about pointing, when you point your Hook em fingers at us, two fingers point back at you. :D

Texas - either UT by itself or all Texas state football programs - is/are definitely not squeaky clean.

MeMyself&Me
5/17/2011, 11:42 AM

Take away one OU All-American and Texas has only 1 national title.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 11:50 AM
By 1970, all those things had changed. The Coaches Poll/UPI was the last one to recognize the change.
You just contradicted yourself. That's how the UPI/Coaches did it that year whether you like it or not. You guys are just in selective reasoning and revisionist history on this issue.

Texas was not undefeated. They had one loss... in the Cotton Bowl.
Nice intentionally obtuse statement.

fwsooner22
5/17/2011, 11:50 AM

As usual not really the point of the thread but since we have already strayed from the point being made.... What is more important, winning "A" game or winning championships? Gimme "Big" Trophies. That game is played in Texas every year. If it were played in Oklahoma every year....... :D

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 11:51 AM
Take away the university of texas and.....well you guys aren't really anything.

I mean really, you guys make more money than anyone else. But you are not that good. So you must have really stupid fans. Glad to get that off my chest.

Yeah, 2nd all time in wins in college football. What were you saying about stupid again?

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 11:55 AM
Comparing UT's UPI 1970 trophy to aggy trying to claim something fictional in 1918 when titles weren't even awarded, Octavian? Laughable. You guys can come to Austin and visit the trophy anytime you like. Keep up the spin though if it makes you feel better though. One would think that a program as rich in history as OU wouldn't have to resort to insecure nitpicking of others' national titles. Guess not.

Still waiting on that list that doesn't show us as champs that year btw.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 11:57 AM
When Texas lost twenty years later, the reaction was, "Wow...looks like Nebraska is the champion...since we've been waiting until after the bowl games for awhile now."
Maybe that was the reaction in Norman. Complete revisionist history.

AP waited until after the bowls -- and they chose Nebraska...because they didn't get donkey stomped in their bowl game.
Neither did we. More revisionist history.

Octavian
5/17/2011, 12:00 PM
Comparing UT's UPI 1970 trophy to aggy trying to claim something fictional in 1918 when titles weren't even awarded? Laughable.

see...this is how we know you're not reading....or at least not comprehending.

re-read.

Still waiting on that list that doesn't show us as champs that year btw.

again...same problem.

It's obvious that 5-7 really took its toll...are you drunk right now?

BOB LABLAW
5/17/2011, 12:00 PM
I can't wait to see the product (think Masengil) that Texas puts on the field this year. It should be impressive (by homo standards). Texas would be so cool if it could get rid of the shoehorns. Their fans are a different kind of c*ckmouth.

MeMyself&Me
5/17/2011, 12:05 PM
You just contradicted yourself. That's how the UPI/Coaches did it that year whether you like it or not. You guys are just in selective reasoning and revisionist history on this issue.

Nice intentionally obtuse statement.

You might need to go back and re-read what I wrote. It's ok to move mouth if you need to. I said in the fifties, ALL polls were prior to the bowls and that in 1970 that wasn't the case.

You can claim that year if you want to. I recognize the UPI so I'm not going to discount it but don't tell me that 1970 and 1950 are the same thing.

fwsooner22
5/17/2011, 12:09 PM
Herr
You know that there are few fan bases (other than the SEC) that can even rival the arrogance of UT. And yet when it comes right down to championships it's just not there. It wasn't in the SWC and it wasn't in the Big 12. That's all the thread/article is saying (at least to me). You guys are Texas and in your eyes that is enough. You go around saying it; "we are Texas". In the end though what does that mean ? You win a ton of games, so what? That doesn't win you championships. Do think the 2001 Seattle Mariners (116 Wins) were one the greatest baseball teams of all-time. How is Notre Dame doing with all their wins. The point is (at least to me) UT doesn't have the hardware to go with the attitude. It doesn't add up.

Octavian
5/17/2011, 12:12 PM
Maybe that was the reaction in Norman. Complete revisionist history.

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/103/ndsi.jpg

badger
5/17/2011, 12:18 PM

Anyone else think at first that half a football was lying on the turf? I know it's a sideways shoe, but at first glance... wow, a dead football! :D

Oh, and here's more visual proof of 1970 belonging to Nebraska (but since Texas owns Nebraska, they can still claim it too, I really don't care so long as they're not trying to claim any of ours):

http://images1.americanlisted.com/nlarge/nebr_no_1_poster_1970_champions_5_south_lincoln_99 00314.jpg
http://www.huskerj.com/Misc/MLighter_1971Pocket.jpg
http://www.escape-to-the-seventies.com/images/sports/41-04790-F.jpg
http://www.nebraskaredzone.com/images/K0302_THB.jpg

XingTheRubicon
5/17/2011, 12:37 PM

Nebraska is No. 1

read that as often as you like

silverwheels
5/17/2011, 12:41 PM
Herr must be a masochist.

Pricetag
5/17/2011, 12:48 PM
You guys can come to Austin and visit the trophy anytime you like.
Do you still display the original trophy, or just the fake BCS-style ones?

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 12:52 PM
Herr must be a masochist.

Not any more. I'll leave you to your circle jerk. FYI, this is the kind of stupidity and blind hate that causes rival fans to NOT visit this site. But enjoy your selective reasoning and revisionist history to make yourselves feel better.

SteelClip49
5/17/2011, 12:54 PM
fwiw, Oklahoma has 5 more crystal balls to the already present once from 2000. The AFCA decided to award all past UPI Champions, 1950-1985 a crystal ball.

Sooner_Tuf
5/17/2011, 12:58 PM

Twelve points can be a stomping. 12-0 was an asskicking. In fact it was such a stomping that it left the Texas QB on all on fours crying on the field. That was either a stomping or a preview of what a bitch VY would turn out to be. Your choice.

badger
5/17/2011, 01:01 PM
FYI, this is the kind of stupidity and blind hate that causes rival fans to NOT visit this site.

Just to be clear. After a year of mostly positive experience, in which I had decided to become an Elite Sponsor, I started the Hollis Board, I had a 46,000 spek rating based on real spek not betting over two season and 1500 posts, in the last four weeks I can see this board is a place I don't want to be or patronize. There are two other boards which I believe have at least equivalent football knowledge without the abusive environment. I am taking my business elsewhere.

John W. Helander
President & CEO
GrayBox Services Ltd. &
eState Auction House Ltd.

MeMyself&Me
5/17/2011, 01:12 PM
Not any more. I'll leave you to your circle jerk. FYI, this is the kind of stupidity and blind hate that causes rival fans to NOT visit this site. But enjoy your selective reasoning and revisionist history to make yourselves feel better.

Does this mean you won't be back? Please let it be true!

NMSooner'80
5/17/2011, 01:14 PM
How clueless can one be than to ASSUME that the non-bowl OU teams of the 50's were on probation? That stupid Big 7 Conference rule for "no repeat" bowl bids probably also cost OU another title in '54.

I wasn't born then, but I do remember seeing my parents' OU yearbooks from that era. My dad filled me in on the "no repeat" rule.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 01:29 PM
How clueless can one be than to ASSUME that the non-bowl OU teams of the 50's were on probation?
I don't know, because you were on probation in '56? :rolleyes:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w113/medsucks/ouprobation-1.jpg

Fraggle145
5/17/2011, 01:30 PM

So because Texas "cheating" was undocumatned it didnt happen? :rolleyes:

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 01:35 PM
So because Texas "cheating" was undocumatned it didnt happen? :rolleyes:

Yeah, we didn't win one until 1963 and could buy and sell your state 100X over but we were buying players like you. Right. Way to think that through. [facepalm/]

Marcus Dupree. End of discussion. Mama ends up with a new double wide and he's playing in Norman. If we were ever cheating like you, he would've ended up with more than a pair of boots and would've played in Austin. We were obviously out of our element on the cheating thing and we wanted that kid badly.

MeMyself&Me
5/17/2011, 01:36 PM
The original point of this thread was state vs state. Do you really want to compare cheating in that context?

And Tejas still less championships.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 01:39 PM
The original point of this thread was state vs state. Do you really want to compare cheating in that context?

And Tejas still less championships.

I'll be sure and let the high school players down here that you recruit on an annual basis know what you think of their crappy state.

And again, if UT had made a concerted effort in the 1950s like OU to buy players for our team, we'd have more than you.

No, lots of schools have cheated over the years (OU included) to take away advantages that UT possesses to even the playing field. It's no surprise several of the worst offenders were right next to us.

MeMyself&Me
5/17/2011, 01:40 PM
Yeah, we didn't win one until 1963 and could buy and sell your state 100X over but we were buying players like you. Right. Way to think that through. [facepalm/]

Marcus Dupree. End of discussion. Mama ends up with a new double wide and he's playing in Norman. If we were ever cheating like you, he would've ended up with more than a pair of boots and would've played in Austin. We were obviously out of our element on the cheating thing and we wanted that kid badly.

Why is it that tejans skip over the fact that Dupree left because he wasn't getting anything for circumstantial evidence that his mother got a something after saying she wanted it. You know, I often tell people that I want something before I got out and buy or finance on my own.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 01:41 PM
Dupree left because of Switzer and both of their egos. His mama was living just fine in her new home that she got right before he commited to OU.

MeMyself&Me
5/17/2011, 01:42 PM
So you agree then. Tejas as a state has underachieved in college football.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 01:45 PM
No, I don't call not being a scumbag institution "underachieving". But you guys do whatever it takes to win, always have and you have a different viewpoint, reputation and ethics and morality be damned. Be it paying players, having an easy school, recruiting known thugs with prior felony arrests, letting players cheat in school two years in a row and still come back (Flemming cough, cough), etc...

Half a Hundred
5/17/2011, 01:48 PM

Dude. It's college football we're talking about here. Blind hate toward rivals is the lifeblood of the sport, and what makes it the unique experience it is. So is selective reasoning and revisionist history. It's all part of the fun. So is believing that our guys are the best, your guys are scum, and there's nothing you can do to change that, even if you stomp a mudhole in us.

In the end, we're arguing about 18 through 22-year-olds playing a children's game. It's at its core stupid and irrational. That doesn't mean it isn't a hell of a lot of fun.

OUmillenium
5/17/2011, 01:56 PM
Welcome back Herr...enjoy posting until you and your underachieving whorns get a serious beating in the Cotton Bowl.

BOB LABLAW
5/17/2011, 02:02 PM
Herr is ghey like all the rest of em. I guess I would be a big freakin baby too if my team, which has so much, had so little hardware. He's also angry because they'll probably get smoked by both ag schools this year.

MeMyself&Me
5/17/2011, 02:03 PM
No, I don't call not being a scumbag institution "underachieving". But you guys do whatever it takes to win, always have and you have a different viewpoint, reputation and ethics and morality be damned. Be it paying players, having an easy school, recruiting known thugs with prior felony arrests, letting players cheat in school two years in a row and still come back (Flemming cough, cough), etc...

Your STATE had so many cheaters that it caused an entire conference to implode. Yet your STATE has less championships that Oklahoma.

Reading comprehension is not one of your strengths.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 02:06 PM
Welcome back Herr...enjoy posting until you and your underachieving whorns get a serious beating in the Cotton Bowl.

Like in 2008 when you were #1? Like that?

fwsooner22
5/17/2011, 02:08 PM
Well at least Herr can take it. He is however, much like the addict (only his drug is **); denial, denial, denial. It's always somebody elses fault.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 02:11 PM
if my team, which has so much, had so little hardware.
We have 4 national titles, 32 conference titles, 129 All Americans and multitudes of national award winners. 2nd most wins all time, 2nd most bowl appearances and 3rd most bowl victories. That's plenty and they're all clean. Sure, we could've sold our souls like some other schools to win a few more titles but we like to be able to look ourselves in the mirror.

And I didn't realize we were able to have more than 85 players on our team. Thanks for the heads up.

fwsooner22
5/17/2011, 02:11 PM
Like in 2008 when you were #1? Like that?

Yup like that. We've also been closer to National Championships and choked way more than you have, which of course makes us better than you not worse. "Amost" s always greater than home watching us on TV, which ** has done a lot and then laughed at us. Now that makes sense doesn't it. It's the ** way.

fwsooner22
5/17/2011, 02:13 PM
We have 4 national titles, 32 conference titles, 129 All Americans and multitudes of national award winners. 2nd most wins all time, 2nd most bowl appearances and 3rd most bowl victories. That's plenty and they're all clean. Sure, we could've sold our souls like some other schools to win a few more titles but we like to be able to look ourselves in the mirror.

And I didn't realize we were able to have more than 85 players on our team. Thanks for the heads up.

Don't forget your recruiting rings. Oh yeah and the point is you should have so much more cuz well you're Texas. Where is all that Hardware.
:D

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 02:15 PM
Your STATE had so many cheaters that it caused an entire conference to implode. Yet your STATE has less championships that Oklahoma.

Good for you. You cheat better than schools in Texas. Congrats. You've had enough practice at it, that's for sure. The only decade in the past 6 you haven't been on probation for major recruiting violations was the 90s and you sucked *** then. Correlation or causation?

And UT didn't cause the SWC to implode. That was aggy and SMU trying to even the playing field with UT. Just like ou since WWII. You're just better at it. Awesome.

fwsooner22
5/17/2011, 02:15 PM
Took me 5.3 seconds to get this off google.

AP
Published: June 18, 1987

The University of Texas football program was placed on a two-year probation today by the N.C.A.A. because of rules violations over the past several years.

Texas joined three other Southwest Conference schools on probation -Southern Methodist, Texas Tech and Texas Christian.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 02:17 PM
Yup like that.
UT knocked off #1 ou in '08. Just an FYI.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 02:19 PM
Don't forget your recruiting rings. Oh yeah and the point is you should have so much more cuz well you're Texas. Where is all that Hardware.
:D

Just listed the hardware. We're happy with what we've earned legitimately.

And like I said before, if your depressed state via Bud Wilkin$$$on hadn't made a concerted effort in the 1950s to cheat your asses off and buy a nationally relevant football team (which had been completely worthless before that) in order to get rid of the dust bowl stigma, we'd be tied in national titles.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 02:22 PM
Took me 5.3 seconds to get this off google.

AP
Published: June 18, 1987

The University of Texas football program was placed on a two-year probation today by the N.C.A.A. because of rules violations over the past several years.

Texas joined three other Southwest Conference schools on probation -Southern Methodist, Texas Tech and Texas Christian.

Never said UT was lily white. Fred Akers dabbled in some recruiting shaninagans in the 80s after DKR left. But it never rose above the level of a pair of boots (Dupree) or some steak dinners and football tickets here and there. Certainly not 6 straight decades of systematic payments to players, bags of money, no show jobs and free cars like other places. It's akin to jaywalking vs. murder. Both are technically crimes but...

fwsooner22
5/17/2011, 02:25 PM

And like I said before, if you state via Bud Wilkin$$$on hadn't made a concerted effort in the 1950s to cheat your asses off and buy a nationally relevant football team (which had been completely worthless before that) in order to get rid of the dust bowl stigma, we'd be tied in national titles.

There it is.......the CLASS that UT fans bring to the table. Right there in black and white. Insult a group of people who suffered one of the worst environmental disasters in the history of man and act like it's ok. You may have crossed the line there little buddy. You know nothing of those times and probably owe a whole bunch of folk an apology.

"If you guys didn't cheat we would be tied" if that isn't an ender I don't know what is.

MeMyself&Me
5/17/2011, 02:26 PM

And like I said before, if your depressed state via Bud Wilkin$$$on hadn't made a concerted effort in the 1950s to cheat your asses off and buy a nationally relevant football team (which had been completely worthless before that) in order to get rid of the dust bowl stigma, we'd be tied in national titles.

I said it before but I'll say it again since you like the "if it weren't for..." stuff. If it weren't for an OU All-American, Tejas would have 1 national title.

MeMyself&Me
5/17/2011, 02:31 PM
Herr, you keep harping on this cheating thing. Look at the thread title. It's about STATES. Tejas may have gotten away with cheating (or in your book, been the only clean program in the history of college football) but it's well documented how much cheating went on in the SWC. By the way, in case you couldn't figure it out, there was only one school in the SWC that was not in the STATE of Tejas. The cheating thing doesn't work to your favor here.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 02:33 PM
There it is.......the CLASS that UT fans bring to the table. Right there in black and white. Insult a group of people who suffered one of the worst environmental disasters in the history of man and act like it's ok. You may have crossed the line there little buddy. You know nothing of those times and probably owe a whole bunch of folk an apology.

"If you guys didn't cheat we would be tied" if that isn't an ender I don't know what is.

I didn't insult a group of people, little buddy. It's historical fact that this was the reason your big money donors wanted to change the perception your state had after the dust bowl. And it's fact that Bud Wilkin$$$on had a $50K slush fund to work with because of this motivation.

And yes, if you weren't dirty as hell, you wouldn't have an advantage, Einstein.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 02:37 PM
Herr, you keep harping on this cheating thing. Look at the thread title. It's about STATES. Tejas may have gotten away with cheating (or in your book, been the only clean program in the history of college football) but it's well documented how much cheating went on in the SWC. By the way, in case you couldn't figure it out, there was only one school in the SWC that was not in the STATE of Tejas. The cheating thing doesn't work to your favor here.

Yes, the SWC became very dirty at the end. I've never denied that. My comments about UT vs. ou were in response to those kind of posts (7 titles vs. 4, etc.). The entire thread has not been about states.

And I never said UT never cheated but keep up with that infantile strawman argument. I said our national titles are clean and yours are not.

And btw DKR is a Texan. He came here over half a century ago and never left. He renounced his okie heritage and was offered to coach at ou a couple of times but said no. You can't help where you're born but you can decide where you go.

MeMyself&Me
5/17/2011, 02:41 PM
And I never said UT never cheated but keep up with that infantile strawman argument. I said our national titles are clean and yours are not.

So which is it? Either Tejas cheated or they didn't.

And btw DKR is a Texan. He came here over half a century ago and never left. He renounced his okie heritage and was offered to coach at ou a couple of times but said no. You can't help where you're born but you can decide where you go.

I LOVE this one. Can I use it next time you or one of your cronies start that "but they did it with Tejas player" bit?

;)

badger
5/17/2011, 02:42 PM
You can't help where you're born but you can decide where you go.

dibs on new sig line... not only cuz I called it first, but cuz I'm badger by birth, sooner by choice!

MeMyself&Me
5/17/2011, 02:43 PM
Herr is sounding a lot like a poke with all this talk about winning being proof of cheating. Whorens are getting closer every year to pokes.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 02:45 PM
;)

I said our national titles are clean and yours aren't. All of your probations immediately preceded or followed your national titles. Ours were in the 80s, far from our titles.

And no, use the argument that the Texas players wanted to go up there. Feel free. Just tell those traitors to stay up there.

texaspokieokie
5/17/2011, 02:48 PM
Herry boy just has to accept it; 7 titles to 4.

also; 5 & 7, pitiful.

herry says ut has all the advantages but only loses because all others cheat.
i think he needs professional help.

was tejas 5 & 7 last year because 7 teams cheated ??

they lost several @ HOME ???

& i don't hatem !!!

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 02:48 PM
Herr is sounding a lot like a poke with all this talk about winning being proof of cheating. Whorens are getting closer every year to pokes.

Gosh, and all this time I thought the fact that you were actually CAUGHT cheating decade after decade for recruiting violations and put on probation due to it was proof enough. Silly me.

You cheated all the time, you won games and you got caught over and over (except the 90s). It's a pretty simple sequence of events.

MeMyself&Me
5/17/2011, 02:49 PM
Ohhh, I see. It's only cheating if it documented (another way of saying 'getting caught') and it follows a national championship by less that 10+ years.

MeMyself&Me
5/17/2011, 02:50 PM
was tejas 5 & 7 last year because 7 teams cheated ??

That's how I understand his logic.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 02:51 PM
Herry boy just has to accept it; 7 titles to 4
Sure, I accept that. I also accept that you people pull for scumbag u and enjoy winning at all costs and sticking your collective heads in the sand afterward. There's a reason ou is at the top of all of those "dirtiest of all time" lists. Everyone else definitely accepts that outside of Norman. You don't care though. I understand.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 02:52 PM
Ohhh, I see. It's only cheating if it documented (another way of saying 'getting caught') and it follows a national championship by less that 10+ years.

I know. Simple logic is tough sometimes.

texaspokieokie
5/17/2011, 02:53 PM
I said our national titles are clean and yours aren't. All of your probations immediately preceded or followed your national titles. Ours were in the 80s, far from our titles.

And no, use the argument that the Texas players wanted to go up there. Feel free. Just tell those traitors to stay up there.

this should be some consolation; they can't all go to tejas.

as a side note; don't think Mrs. DuPree's new home came from OU.
that had to be the most highly scrutinized recruiting ever.

tx & OU had recruiters living in philadelphia.

no matter what herry boy says, dkr is an Okie.

seems to really gall herry boy.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 02:55 PM
don't think Mrs. DuPree's new home came from OU.

:eek: Yeah, she got it and he immediately chose ou. Nothing to see here. Move along. You people really will delude yourselves into believing anything to justify your sordid history. Impressive mental gymnastics.

texaspokieokie
5/17/2011, 02:57 PM
herry boy is so squeaky clean, he shouldn't post on this board with us Okie scumbags.

get over it.
ifififif
if a frog had wings

you can't choose where you're born, but you can choose where you go to college.

MeMyself&Me
5/17/2011, 02:58 PM
I know. Simple logic is tough sometimes.

Well, by that logic, the only programs that can actually cheat are the ones that produce national titles.

texaspokieokie
5/17/2011, 02:58 PM
:eek: Yeah, she got it and he immediately chose ou. Nothing to see here. Move along. You people really will delude yourselves into believing anything to justify your sordid history. Impressive mental gymnastics.

& ncaa didn't bother to check it out ???

Octavian
5/17/2011, 02:59 PM
Wait, you guys recruited Marcus too? He wasn't white.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 03:00 PM
Well, by that logic, the only programs that can actually cheat are the ones that produce national titles.

Nope, just the ones that get caught cheating over and over and over, decade after decade after decade. That little part.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 03:01 PM

You don't get caught every time. It only stands to reason. That's impossible. But a serial speeder will get more tickets than the next guy. That's just common sense.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 03:02 PM
Wait, you guys recruited Marcus too? He wasn't white.

Larry Cochelle says hi. And that was this past decade.

MeMyself&Me
5/17/2011, 03:04 PM

He also keeps skipping over the fact that Dupree said part of the reason for him leaving was that his friends and family were telling him he should be getting something from OU, but he wasn't.

Not only would the NCAA have checked this out, Dupree was mad enough at Switzer, I'm sure he would have told them about if it were true and they asked.

Herr would rather believe the sleazy preacher that was known liar with an axe to grind.

Half a Hundred
5/17/2011, 03:05 PM
Larry Cochelle says hi. And that was this past decade.

Y'all still have the statues of Confederate generals on campus, right?

MeMyself&Me
5/17/2011, 03:06 PM
Nope, just the ones that get caught cheating over and over and over, decade after decade after decade. That little part.

Sooo, SMU never cheated then?

fwsooner22
5/17/2011, 03:07 PM
5 and 7 has changed that dude. No doubt about it. So sad.

fwsooner22
5/17/2011, 03:11 PM
Baeball America/ESPN
Six weeks after a trip to the White House to celebrate its College World Series championship, Texas' baseball program was slapped with two years of probation for what the NCAA termed a major infraction.

Texas' infraction involved Trip Couch, who left his job as Houston's top assistant and recruiting coordinator in January 2001 for a position as a volunteer assistant with the Longhorns. Couch had a $40,000 public relations/marketing job set up by Garrido at Centex Beverage, a beer distributorship owned by former UT regent Lowell Lebermann.

However, the NCAA determined Couch did little work for Centex and instead devoted all his time to Texas baseball, making 27 recruiting trips in place of Garrido, who got a medical waiver for Couch to replace him on the road. Couch resigned in Oct. 2001amid an NCAA inquiry.

Texas was mulling an appeal to the penalty, perhaps to reduce the infraction from "major" to "secondary." As it stands, one more major infraction in the next five years could subject the Longhorns to the NCAA's "death penalty," which has happened only once before, to Southern Methodist's football program. Texas' football program previously was on probation in 1965, 1982 and 1987.

Hey Herr...........Shut the %%%%% Up. Okay. You are killing your credibility and this is too easy.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 03:11 PM
He also keeps skipping over the fact...
I'm not skipping over anything. Dupree's family probably wanted more. Just like Bomar's and Peterson's.

Switzer admits he messed up the relationship with Dupree. That's why he left. Ego.

the sleazy preacher that was known liar with an axe to grind.
Sure. And that's why Marcus went to ou. Makes perfect sense. You people really can con yourselves into believing anything. Otherwise, you'd have to admit the truth that all of your precious titles are bought and paid for. And your minds obviously can't handle that.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 03:13 PM
Y'all still have the statues of Confederate generals on campus, right?

Sure. It's part of the history of Texas. We also have ones of Barbara Jordan and MLK and Cesar Chavez. And we certainly haven't had any openly racist head coaches of a major sport at our school in the 21st century.

badger
5/17/2011, 03:14 PM
Wait... why is Marcus even in this discussion? Isn't it arguing about national titles and a counterargument saying OU cheated to get national titles? Marcus was part of no national title teams. He left before the 1985 title.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 03:16 PM
5 and 7 has changed that dude. No doubt about it. So sad.

Nope, just dealing with your fanbase on several sites over the years. You're all the same delusional people.

And like I said, don't expect me much around here. I get enough braindead bias and spin about cheating on the Longhorn sites.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 03:19 PM
Hey Herr...........Shut the %%%%% Up. Okay. You are killing your credibility and this is too easy.
More idiocy from you. Yeah, that volunteer baseball coach who never brought a single player to the baseball team and who was fired a month into the gig when Augie discovered he wasn't going to work is on par with your 6 straight decades of egregious and systematic cheating in football. This was downgraded afterwards btw.

What's sad is that you think everyone acts like your institution and that you think this is relevant. That you have to reach for some minor thing in BASEBALL says it all.

fwsooner22
5/17/2011, 03:21 PM
Nope, just dealing with your fanbase on several sites over the years. You're all the same delusional people.

And like I said, don't expect me much around here. I get enough braindead bias and spin about cheating on the Longhorn sites.

And you are a ** Addict with denial tattooed on your forehead. Name calling on someone elses site. This ain't you dude. Not in the past anyway.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 03:21 PM
Wait... why is Marcus even in this discussion? Isn't it arguing about national titles and a counterargument saying OU cheated to get national titles? Marcus was part of no national title teams. He left before the 1985 title.

Just a pretty well publicized one. I never said you ONLY cheated during the national title years. That's just usually around when you got busted yet again.

texaspokieokie
5/17/2011, 03:22 PM

herry boy, we won't be able to stand it if you leave.

fwsooner22
More idiocy from you. Yeah, that volunteer baseball coach who never brought a single player to the baseball team and who was fired a month into the gig when Augie discovered he wasn't going to work is on par with your 6 straight decades of egregious and systematic cheating in football. This was downgraded afterwards btw.

What's sad is that you think everyone acts like your institution and that you think this is relevant. That you have to reach for some minor thing in BASEBALL says it all.

Read.

Texas' football program previously was on probation in 1965, 1982 and 1987

MeMyself&Me
I'm not skipping over anything. Dupree's family probably wanted more. Just like Bomar's and Peterson's.

Switzer admits he messed up the relationship with Dupree. That's why he left. Ego.

Sure. And that's why Marcus went to ou. Makes perfect sense. You people really can con yourselves into believing anything. Otherwise, you'd have to admit the truth that all of your precious titles are bought and paid for. And your minds obviously can't handle that.

So you refuse to recognize that the NCAA could have easily figured this out if it were true. You like to throw around the circumstantial evidence that supports your assertion but immediately disregard the circumstantial evidence that does not support your assertion. Do you not see the hypocrisy in your argument?

Herr Scholz
And you are a ** Addict with denial tattooed on your forehead. Name calling on someone elses site. This ain't you dude. Not in the past anyway.

I tend to do that when told to STFU and called names first, chief.

JLEW1818
5/17/2011, 03:23 PM
ahhh heck

http://i55.tinypic.com/1zg8gig.jpg

Herr Scholz
Read.

And what was '65 again? I believe it was a bus ticket if I'm not mistaken.

fwsooner22
You Cheat. You cheat like everyone else. Everybody cheats. YOU cheat and You have been caught.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 03:25 PM
OK. Whatever helps you justify your tainted titles. Enjoy.

fwsooner22
5/17/2011, 03:26 PM
It's only minor if its you. Everybody else is bringing bags of gold. Every kid who ever went to Texas is because well it's Texas. Any kid who went elsewhere "got paid". Is that your point ?

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 03:28 PM
Read "Meat on the Hoof". It talks about your precious Coach Bud and his $50K bag of cash provided by your big money guys. And the concerted effort to get $ooner football on the map out of nowhere.

MeMyself&Me
5/17/2011, 03:29 PM
Read.

So, by Herr's own argument, he has to at least give up the 1963 title.

Eielson
5/17/2011, 03:31 PM
[facepalm/]

You did it wrong.

http://c.imagehost.org/0025/picard-no-facepalm.jpg

Eielson
5/17/2011, 03:32 PM
Read "Meat on the Hoof". It talks about your precious Coach Bud and his $50K bag of cash provided by your big money guys. And the concerted effort to get $ooner football on the map out of nowhere.

$50K is pocket change.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 03:32 PM
So, by Herr's own argument, he has to at least give up the 1963 title.
Fine. We have 3 to your 1 then.

The thing in '65 was a bus ticket to a kid who couldn't get home from what I remember. DKR wasn't dirty. Akers was in the 80s but he sucked at it anyway.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 03:34 PM
$50K is pocket change.
Not in the 50s it wasn't.

But it was certainly jaywalking by the time $witzer came along.

badger
5/17/2011, 03:35 PM
Just a pretty well publicized one. I never said you ONLY cheated during the national title years. That's just usually around when you got busted yet again.

I understand this argument, but the NCAA has vacated wins, titles and even Final Four banners from schools caught cheating and ordered schools to not acknowledge players or their achievements who have been accused of cheating. Yet, OU has not vacated any of its 7 national titles nor its 5 Heisman Trophies.

Therefore, I must argue that any violations committed during title runs must not have had convincing enough evidence for the NCAA to punish OU. There might be accusations, there might be somewhat plausible evidence, there might be claims and stories told by various people, but these types of "evidence" are the same ones being made against Texas.

The NCAA is our rules enforcement group, and they have not forced us to vacate title game wins, trophies, mentions of accolades, etc. from title years. Therefore, you have nothing to go on, just like people who claim Texas was cheating to get its 4 titles have nothing to go on, except... what was the phrase you used earlier? "Stupidity and blind hate?" Right, that.

fwsooner22
5/17/2011, 03:38 PM
Herr, I thought you left hours ago.

fwsooner22
5/17/2011, 03:39 PM
It sucks to hate a school, a state and it's people so bad that you would come their house (SF.com) and insult them over and over again. What kind of a man would do that. I know what kind.

MeMyself&Me
5/17/2011, 03:41 PM

It was an empty promise.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 03:42 PM
Yes, the NCAA with no subpoena power and the inability to form a case on heresay is SOOOOO powerful. You guys were caught red handed with dozens of your football players at no show jobs at a well known booster just a few years ago and all they could prove were 3 of them were on the take (one laughably being a walkon - right). The other several dozen redacted, blacked out names were clean as a whistle. You $ooners actually believe this stuff. Amazing really.

You people have been doing this and perfecting it since Truman was in office. I'd hope you would be good at it. Loose lips sink ships, right?

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 03:44 PM

Feel free to click on another thread. Wasn't aware this was your site, big guy.

texaspokieokie
5/17/2011, 03:46 PM
It sucks to hate a school, a state and it's people so bad that you would come their house (SF.com) and insult them over and over again. What kind of a man would do that. I know what kind.

if you didn't know better; you'd think he's a dick head.

SoonerofAlabama
5/17/2011, 03:46 PM
Just to stir the drink:

Texas has always been this powerhouse of a school and they have cheated the NCAA (like almost every school) in one form or another. Texas always is supposed to field this great team, but they just can't deliver. You may talk about us getting to four BCS championship games and only winning one, but we went to four championship games this decade. If you have all of this power, money, and respect, why don't you win more games?

silverwheels
5/17/2011, 03:47 PM

My dick is bigger.

MeMyself&Me
Yes, the NCAA with no subpoena power and the inability to form a case on heresay is SOOOOO powerful. You guys were caught red handed with dozens of your football players at no show jobs at a well known booster just a few years ago and all they could prove were 3 of them were on the take (one laughably being a walkon - right). The other several dozen redacted, blacked out names were clean as a whistle. You $ooners actually believe this stuff. Amazing really.

You people have been doing this and perfecting it since Truman was in office. I'd hope you would be good at it. Loose lips sink ships, right?

Wow, I thought you were of the, if you didn't get caught, it didn't happen type. Seems that's what you keep saying about Tejas.

Herr Scholz

I was initially only responding to the moronic claims of your fanbase that UT only has 3 national titles. Then I got into it after being insulted (as per usual). Don't worry, I won't frequent this place, mostly due to people like you. I can definitely carry on civil conversations about football and have tried repeatedly over here for years. It's just not possible with your fanbase.

SoonerofAlabama
5/17/2011, 03:48 PM
This is soonerfans.com, we don't need rival fans on here.

badger
5/17/2011, 03:49 PM
Bomar, Quinn and the walk-on were investigated between the 2005 and 2006 seasons and were ousted immediately upon the discovery of their violations. And once again, like anything involving Marcus Dupree, this has nothing to do with any of our seven national titles.

MeMyself&Me
5/17/2011, 03:49 PM
Hmmm, I have no problem at all talking to Sooners. I think it might be you.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 03:50 PM
we went to four championship games this decade.
And how'd those turn out for you? I remember Dan Cody openly quitting on the field against USC, asking Leinart to run the ball and get it over with.

texaspokieokie
I was initially only responding to the moronic claims of your fanbase that UT only has 3 national titles. Then I got into it after being insulted (as per usual). Don't worry, I won't frequent this place, mostly due to people like you. I can definitely carry on civil conversations about football and have tried repeatedly over here for years. It's just not possible with your fanbase.

it would be if you were less dick headedish.

silverwheels

I feel the same way when I try to have rational conversations with Horn fans outside of this place. Funny how that works, huh?

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 03:52 PM
Wow, I thought you were of the, if you didn't get caught, it didn't happen type. Seems that's what you keep saying about Tejas.

No, you were caught alright. The NCAA is just an ineffectual, worthless organization with no teeth. They weren't able to subpoena records or stop the shredding sessions, err, "lost documents". That's why you got a wrist slap for murder.

SoonerofAlabama
5/17/2011, 03:52 PM
And how'd those turn out for you? I remember Dan Cody openly quitting on the field against USC, asking Leinart to run the ball and get it over with.

Are you just skimming through these replies? Read the whole thing before you make these sarcastic comments.

texaspokieokie
5/17/2011, 03:53 PM
yeah, i got banned from a horn board, just cause i wondered why augie doggie wouldn't pick up his 2nd place trophy in big 12 tournament.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 03:53 PM
it would be if you were less dick headedish.

No. It's not.

prrriiide
5/17/2011, 04:03 PM
Guys, why bother with Herr Trollz? He's a TEXASS fan. That means he's an arrogant a$$. It means that he's deluded into thinking that anyone outside the borders of that God-forsaken cesspool actually wants to hear his crap. He's deluded into thinking that any fans outside of that festering sewer known as asstin think that texass fans have an ounce of class in their entire fanbase. It means that he's all hat and no herd. It means that he thinks that after his team was anally ravaged SEVEN TIMES last season he can come over here and open his bilge-pipe and spew his imbecilic non-sequiters. He has convinced himself that fans that wear colors other than burnt orange don't detest texzass fans and their 10-gallon braggadocio. I have never met a college football fan that likes texass fans: Tennessee, Nebraska, Alabama, Ohio State, USC, Florida State, Notre Dame, they all HATE you. Why? Because they all think your team is an under-achieving rich punk with a big mouth and a little d!ck. Trollz: you are a texass fan. NOBODY IN THE COUNTRY LIKES YOU. Go back to your outhouse and quit cluttering up our board.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 04:09 PM
Eloquent rant. I'm going to need to get my okie to English dictionary for a minute though.

SoonerofAlabama
5/17/2011, 04:10 PM
Means he doesn't understand big words.

badger
5/17/2011, 04:15 PM
I think I have my next token poll idea: "Texas fan's anti-OU argument with least clout"

Option A: "Double digit victory settled on a neutral field"

Why it didn't work: Because the "neutral field" is in the state of Texas and the "double digit" sounds a lot less impressive when you later lose to Tech, a team OU beat by about 40... and when the argument was later "settled on a neutral computer"

Option B: 2008*

Why it didn't work: The list of Big 12 titles at UT's football facilities was laughed off by many and was immediately removed after it was made known to the public. Texas is still sometimes referred to unaffectionately as "texasterisk" after this.

Option C: "You can only win with our players."

Why it doesn't work: Often countered with "YOU only won with a former OU All-American as your coach," all except one of our five Heisman winners are from Oklahoma and it doesn't speak well for Texas recruiting if they choose to cross the Red River. And the thought of UT and other Texas-based schools having custody and ownership of players from the state is kind of silly.

Option D: "Cheater cheater cheater!"

Why it doesn't work: Because nobody in their right mind - OU fan or UT fan - can say with a clean conscience that UT isn't as guilty of cheating, caught by the NCAA or not, as OU.

Option E: "We lead in the head-to-head!"

Why it doesn't work: As much as OU fans would have loved to have possessed the golden hat more often, OU has more national titles, more Big 12 titles, more Heismans, more All-Americans... and more Red River victories in the modern era. A UT fan's "head to head" is a single season game, where as OU's "head to head" is 7 national titles to 4, 7 Big 12 titles to 2...

Look forward to Thursday :D in the meantime, choose your favorite of our five Heisman statues in the Monday version of the poll

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 04:15 PM
derp derp

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 04:17 PM
NOBODY IN THE COUNTRY LIKES YOU.
Yeah, that's why we've led the country in apparel sales for the past 4 years in a row. Stellar logic.

MeMyself&Me
5/17/2011, 04:17 PM
Guys, why bother with Herr Trollz? He's a TEXASS fan. That means he's an arrogant a$$. It means that he's deluded into thinking that anyone outside the borders of that God-forsaken cesspool actually wants to hear his crap. He's deluded into thinking that any fans outside of that festering sewer known as asstin think that texass fans have an ounce of class in their entire fanbase. It means that he's all hat and no herd. It means that he thinks that after his team was anally ravaged SEVEN TIMES last season he can come over here and open his bilge-pipe and spew his imbecilic non-sequiters. He has convinced himself that fans that wear colors other than burnt orange don't detest texzass fans and their 10-gallon braggadocio. I have never met a college football fan that likes texass fans: Tennessee, Nebraska, Alabama, Ohio State, USC, Florida State, Notre Dame, they all HATE you. Why? Because they all think your team is an under-achieving rich punk with a big mouth and a little d!ck. Trollz: you are a texass fan. NOBODY IN THE COUNTRY LIKES YOU. Go back to your outhouse and quit cluttering up our board.

That about sums up a Whoren right there.

SoonerofAlabama
5/17/2011, 04:21 PM
Shirts with Hook 'em on them don't count.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 04:22 PM
2008*

Yes, 2008. The year that the vast majority of the country admitted the wrong team went to KC out of the South (including this very conference that subsequently changed the tiebreaker rule). The 2nd undeserved BCS title game berth that ou received following the molestation that KSU gave you in the 2003 Big XII game.

BTW, what's so bad about claiming we beat you by double digits that year? Didn't we? And didn't Florida also? It means you can't win with a single score at the end.

badger
5/17/2011, 04:24 PM
derp derp

The feral cow doesn't seem to be coping well with human interaction after hours of attempts to be cordial. Perhaps we should drop by OP.com to see if any veterinarians have any advice on how to deal with un-adoptable animals.

MeMyself&Me
5/17/2011, 04:26 PM
Yeah, that's why we've led the country in apparel sales for the past 4 years in a row. Stellar logic.

I know this may be hard for you to understand but for the the rest of us, it's fairly obvious that he means people that are NOT whoren fans don't like you.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 04:26 PM
Gotta run, circus animals. It's been fun as usual.

SoonerofAlabama
5/17/2011, 04:27 PM

Go away idiot.

MeMyself&Me
5/17/2011, 04:28 PM
Yes, 2008. The year that the vast majority of the country admitted the wrong team went to KC out of the South (including this very conference that subsequently changed the tiebreaker rule). The 2nd undeserved BCS title game berth that ou received following the molestation that KSU gave you in the 2003 Big XII game.

BTW, what's so bad about claiming we beat you by double digits that year? Didn't we? And didn't Florida also? It means you can't win with a single score at the end.

How do you define "vast majority"?

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 04:29 PM
I know this may be hard for you to understand but for the the rest of us, it's fairly obvious that he means people that are NOT whoren fans don't like you.

We have a ton of bandwagon jumpers all over the country. You can see burnt orange wherever you travel. That's how you lead the country in apparel sales 4 years in a row. The statement that everyone hates us is simply ignorant.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 04:30 PM
Go away idiot.

No thanks, dip****. Think I'll stay now.

SoonerofAlabama
5/17/2011, 04:30 PM
Good. I would love to hear more of your witty banter.

oudavid1
5/17/2011, 04:31 PM
Why cant people be nice to Herr.

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 04:33 PM
How do you define "vast majority"?

Let's see:

3 out of 4 human polls had us ahead that week the tiebreaker was being decided (behind 1 point in the coaches' poll only due to deliberate sabatoge votes from stoops' cronies).

80% of an online ESPN poll said UT should go.

Every single sportscaster/talking head/analyst/journalist/editorial writer save $witzer and that old grandma Holtz said we should go. It was a huge issue in the press that week because everyone knew it was a travesty

The Big XII admitted the wrong result was reached when they later changed the tiebreaker rule.

Everyone knows the wrong team went. We would've beaten Florida that year too.

badger
5/17/2011, 04:36 PM
Hey, look! They put our old school "O" logo on their "O Who" shirts now!
http://blog.quickdfw.com/archives/2009/10/16/texas%20fans.jpg

I somehow don't think we get any royalties for this POSes:
http://www.sportscrack.com/images/oklahomo_txo_large.jpg

Herr Scholz
5/17/2011, 04:36 PM
And on that note, I really have to go. Pick this up later.

SoonerofAlabama
5/17/2011, 04:37 PM
Would've. beautiful, anyone can be a would've. We play OSU every year, there the would've team, but who knows maybe a new contendor for the woulda/shoulda/coulda title here.

fwsooner22
5/17/2011, 04:38 PM
That guy needs a woman REALLY bad.

MeMyself&Me
We have a ton of bandwagon jumpers all over the country. You can see burnt orange wherever you travel. That's how you lead the country in apparel sales 4 years in a row. The statement that everyone hates us is simply ignorant.

Yes, there are a lot of whorens to buy apparel. He was not talking about whorens. He actually even mentioned fans for other schools by naming some of them. There are fans of other programs I get along with pretty well. Nebraska and Alabama come to mind. And there are fans from other schools I tend not to like at all. KSU and Tech come to mind. Regardless of which schools are which, I don't buy their apparel. And neither does anyone else that is not a fan of those schools. So suggesting that apparel sales has something to do with what he said is just... well, ignorant.

Now hear this. Nobody like whorens except other whorens.

prrriiide

You drooling slack-jaw. Of course there are texass fans all over the country: Many have moved away from that rotting dung-heap to make their way in the world. ALL (I mean every single one) of the people I see wearing texass orange outside of texass are either mullett-sporting poor white trash that has never set foot on a college campus, or sideways-hat wearing punkz in their little fart cars with the 8" tailpipes and calf-length baggy pants.

Pretty accurate representation.

Why cant people be nice to Herr.

Because he's an a$$hole.

SoonerofAlabama
Hey David, the most controversial SF.com poster, is back! Care to say anything on the subject while our guest is still present?

MeMyself&Me
5/17/2011, 04:39 PM
3 out of 4 human polls had us ahead that week the tiebreaker was being decided (behind 1 point in the coaches' poll only due to deliberate sabatoge votes from stoops' cronies).

What was the actual vote count on the two human polls that matter?

fwsooner22
5/17/2011, 04:41 PM
** Woulda Coulda Shoulda **
** But Didn't**
** But Boy If We Had **
** WE ARE **

MeMyself&Me
5/17/2011, 04:45 PM

I'm sure that ONLINE poll was an even and reasonable scientific poll.

SoonerofAlabama
5/17/2011, 04:47 PM
It was on the internet... so it has to be true.

MeMyself&Me
5/17/2011, 04:47 PM
Every single sportscaster/talking head/analyst/journalist/editorial writer save $witzer and that old grandma Holtz said we should go. It was a huge issue in the press that week because everyone knew it was a travesty

I don't think that's true. Many of those are voters and I'm pretty sure it wasn't a landslide in the polls.

MeMyself&Me
5/17/2011, 04:51 PM
The Big XII admitted the wrong result was reached when they later changed the tiebreaker rule.

That's not the same as admitting a wrong result. If so, you have to give up the claim to your 1970 championship cause the UPI poll changed how they do things the very next year... and by the way, I've been consistent in being one of the ones that do recognize that one, just that it's a weak claim.

MeMyself&Me
5/17/2011, 04:52 PM
We would've beaten Florida that year too.

No you wouldn't have.

SoonerofAlabama
5/17/2011, 04:53 PM
Shouldn't Scholz have logged off already. Seems he has said it multiple times.

MeMyself&Me
5/17/2011, 04:54 PM
Everyone knows the wrong team went.

You should probably qualify that with "Everyone in Austin..."

Quik Sand
5/17/2011, 05:35 PM
Entertaining

badger
5/17/2011, 05:44 PM
Entertaining

http://www.tovx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/charlie-sheen-winning-197x300.jpg

BoulderSooner79
5/17/2011, 05:49 PM

'08 is the only year that I didn't mind losing to the horns. The game didn't end up counting (to anyone that matters), but it will stick with horn fans *forever*. The one emotion that people just cannot shake is the sense of injustice. Most people can go back to their childhood and recall the first time their parents explained a situation by saying "life's not fair". The explanation was accurate, but did it satisfy the child? No way. Every horn fan from '08 will forever feel screwed and they will tell the story to their children and their children's children extending the pain for generations. For that, it was worth losing an exhibition game.

Eielson
5/17/2011, 05:57 PM
Not in the 50s it wasn't.

But it was certainly jaywalking by the time $witzer came along.

I looked it up, and I guess I underestimated how much it was. It looks like it would be somewhere between $400,000-$500,000. Regardless, there has been worse. I think the main difference here is that I'm not naive enough to think my team would have had the same level of success if they followed the rules. Every successful program has broken the rules.

Sooner_Tuf
5/17/2011, 06:29 PM
Herr's respect for the rules argument kind of goes out the window with Texas should have gone to KC when OU was selected using the rules.

As to whether or not Texas would have beaten Florida we will never know. What we do know is that Texas team with another year under it's belt was beaten like a rented mule by a team with considerably less offensive firepower than Florida.

Texas fans like to forget that Texas and the whole SWC were as dirty as college ball has ever seen. Hart Lee Dykes might have OSU's scandal but Texas was one of the teams bidding on him (as was OU). Yep that is clean.

That's not filth, that is Texas charm.

Texas football hasn't been bad but it hasn't been and will never be considered one of the elites of college football.

Herr and the other Horns will jump up and down about how great Austin is. That only works on the people that haven't been there. There isn't anything great about Austin, no great restaurants, its hot, its muggy, its a freakin mosquito factory. Not a bad place if you are a degenerate as you will have plenty of company.

DKR spent his whole career in Texas trying to pretend he was a good as they are when in reality if he would have shut his mouth he was already better than them before he crossed the red river.

XingTheRubicon
5/17/2011, 06:40 PM
Also-rans will ALWAYS hate their betters. It's the way the world works, always has.

Herr probably hates wealthy people too because, you know, they must have cheated.

What a sad little c*nt of a man.

MeMyself&Me
5/17/2011, 06:49 PM
Also-rans will ALWAYS hate their betters. It's the way the world works, always has.

Herr probably hates wealthy people too because, you know, they must have cheated.

What a sad little c*nt of a man.

When did he become a 'man'? I thought someone said a couple weeks ago that he was a kid.

XingTheRubicon
5/17/2011, 07:04 PM
He's been doing this for 10+ years.

About 8 years ago, pretty much every poster on soonerfans posted their pic so everyone could see everyone else. Herr was online, and he refused. Horns, Huskers, aggies, Sooners, etc all posted a pic. Not Herr. It would be pretty interesting to see his recessive gened face.

Sooner_Tuf
5/17/2011, 07:42 PM
I don't think Herr is a little kid. I think he is the Texas version of Harvey Updyke. The only thing saving our trees is he obviously too stupid to earn gas money up here.

Hook Damn Em!

tfoolry
5/17/2011, 08:11 PM
Ladies & gentleman, I introduce you to Herr:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXxZ6QcrZDw&sns=em

A Sooner in Texas
5/17/2011, 10:44 PM
And we certainly haven't had any openly racist head coaches of a major sport at our school in the 21st century.

Well, that's certainly something to be proud of over all of 10 and a half years. 1956 called, Herr. They want their hood back.

picasso
5/17/2011, 10:56 PM

Lights out in the hoosegow. You know what that means for Scholzie?

Party time.

WestAustinSooner
5/18/2011, 11:11 AM
Herr:

Pissing contests are a waste of time. Fact is, OU has the better football program than UT. That's not selective reasoning or revisionist history. Find me a SINGLE college football expert that would not agree with that statement. By the way, I can't blame you for your sensitivity on the subject. Texas has 6X the population of Oklahoma and far more wealth. The fact that OU has done more with less must drive you (Texas) guys nuts. No wonder you always bring up the word "cheating" in these arguments. Notice how we don't in reference to Texas, even though we could. Because it's WEAK. By the way, I'mm looking forward to kicking the living **** out of you guys this year en route to our EIGHTH National Championship.

oudavid1
5/18/2011, 11:14 AM
Herr:

Pissing contests are a waste of time. Fact is, OU has the better football program than UT. That's not selective reasoning or revisionist history. Find me a SINGLE college football expert that would not agree with that statement. By the way, I can't blame you for your sensitivity on the subject. Texas has 6X the population of Oklahoma and far more wealth. The fact that OU has done more with less must drive you (Texas) guys nuts. No wonder you always bring up the word "cheating" in these arguments. Notice how we don't in reference to Texas, even though we could. Because it's WEAK. By the way, I'mm looking forward to kicking the living **** out of you guys this year en route to our EIGHTH National Championship.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

I agree. Right on.

it does drive them nuts, but hey, i cant believe it either.

Its daaaaaaammmm good to be a Sooner.

BoulderSooner79
5/18/2011, 11:40 AM
Let's see:

Everyone knows the wrong team went. We would've beaten Florida that year too.

My guess is that 99% of all horn fans feel this way and will remember '08 as a bitter season for all of time. That's what makes the '08 season so great. The bottom line is that the correct team went by definition - the rules were in place before the first kickoff of the first game including the tie breaking rules. Had UT gone because they had the higher BCS ranking, I would not have bitched about it. But since OU did, I'm not going to apologize either. Life's not fair.

oudavid1
5/18/2011, 12:21 PM
My guess is that 99% of all horn fans feel this way and will remember '08 as a bitter season for all of time. That's what makes the '08 season so great. The bottom line is that the correct team went by definition - the rules were in place before the first kickoff of the first game including the tie breaking rules. Had UT gone because they had the higher BCS ranking, I would not have bitched about it. But since OU did, I'm not going to apologize either. Life's not fair.

This

and we had the biggest win. By far.

70sooner
5/18/2011, 01:09 PM
Never said UT was lily white. Fred Akers dabbled in some recruiting shaninagans in the 80s after DKR left. But it never rose above the level of a pair of boots (Dupree) or some steak dinners and football tickets here and there. Certainly not 6 straight decades of systematic payments to players, bags of money, no show jobs and free cars like other places. It's akin to jaywalking vs. murder. Both are technically crimes but...

so you know for a fact that it was never worse than a bus ticket, a pair of boots, etc? you really aren't that naive, are you?

I seem to remember UT players giving it up in 2000 and 2003 and thought it was funny as hell, LMAO!~

maybe it's just me, but shultzy seemed to be a little on the pissy side. Maybe it's just his time of the month?

Bourbon St Sooner
5/19/2011, 09:29 AM

Here I thought it was 5-7 that caused rival fans not to visit this site, since they all disappeared around last October.

Cornfed
5/19/2011, 10:35 AM
maybe it's just me, but shultzy seemed to be a little on the pissy side. Maybe it's just his time of the month?

Or maybe he realizes the new season is only a few months away and the nightmare will continue.

I absolutely love the fact that The Whorns feel we cheated them couldn't have happened to a better bunch of cows.

sooner518
5/19/2011, 10:56 AM
is Herr really STILL bitching about 2008? it was pathetic then, and its pathetic now. get over it

badger
5/19/2011, 11:04 AM
Welcome to Thursday. Posted the poll I promised :)

BoulderSooner79
5/19/2011, 11:49 AM
is Herr really STILL bitching about 2008? it was pathetic then, and its pathetic now. get over it

Personally, I don't want him (or other horns) to ever get over it. An open, salted wound that never heals.

47straight
5/19/2011, 04:59 PM

Facts like Greg Davis knows how to mold an offense around the talent he has?

Facts like Frank Alexander was arrested.... for getting stabbed?

Facts like Mack has never kept a player with a felony arrest?

47straight
5/19/2011, 05:02 PM
Since he's a piece of **** coward who talks about "facts" but then runs from the recruiting forum and hides like a little bitch when he gets proved, wrong, here is Herr at his finest.

Herr Scholz
Name a kid with a felony arrest that Mack recruited or kept like Stoops. Chaisson?

Brock Edwards.

Brock Edwards decided to punch and stomp a guy at a party. Was charged with aggravated assault, a felony.

http://articles.latimes.com/2002/may...p-newswire12/2

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_ho.../18734512.html

And yet he continued to play.

http://www.texassports.com/sports/m-...s_brock00.html

Looks like he was even named UT's Outstanding Tight End. After he was charged with a felony and was allowed to remain on the team!

But of course, in Herr Scholz logic, the victim of the beating is the one who deserved a felony.

soonerloyal
5/20/2011, 08:56 AM
Puleez...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/SOONERS%20Again/review18.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/SOONERS%20Again/review7.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/SOONERS%20Again/review24.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/SOONERS%20Again/review25.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/SOONERS%20Again/Review6.jpg

STFU, horn.