PDA

View Full Version : Hotel on campus

jkjsooner
5/16/2011, 08:33 PM
Since moving to Chapel Hill I've noticed that there are two nice boutique type hotels on or next to campus - Carolina Inn and The Franklin Hotel. The latter is on Franklin Street which is like a larger version of campus corner.

Anyway, this has me wondering why there isn't something like this on OU's campus. I think a lot of people who stay along the highway would rather stay on campus. Obviously the place would be packed for football games but clearly that wouldn't pay the bill. I know OU has hotel like accomodations but none of the ones I've seen really match up with a nice hotel.

My wife and I were married at the Noble Museum a few years ago and we really wanted guests to be able to stay in a nice hotel on campus but we were forced to stay along the highway - losing much of the OU experience in the process.

Anyway, it's not my thing but one of you guys with money and connections should buy 2 or 3 old houses on Boyd Street and build a Boyd Hotel or Oklahoma Hotel or something.

Boomer.....
5/16/2011, 08:36 PM
No hotels on campus. There are a few within a three mile radius though.

jkjsooner
5/16/2011, 08:38 PM
One caveat is that Franklin Street is considered downtown CH which is the reason it is bigger than Campus Corner and might be a reason we don't have one.

Romulus
5/16/2011, 08:38 PM
when I go to Fayetteville, I stay at Carnall Hall which is a very nice hotel on the Ark U campus

GDC
5/16/2011, 08:41 PM
There's still a sign for the Sooner Suites.

yermom
5/17/2011, 05:00 AM
There are bed and breakfasts pretty close to campus as well

SoonerLVZ
5/17/2011, 08:06 AM
There are bed and breakfasts pretty close to campus as well

I drove by it yesterday it's actually for sale.

Taxman71
5/17/2011, 08:24 AM
I drove by it yesterday it's actually for sale.

This?

http://www.openhouseok.com/showhome.oht?&city=norman&address=917%20West%20Boyd&st=ok

SoonerLVZ
5/17/2011, 08:56 AM
Yup