PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting PRK on Thursday

sappstuf
5/16/2011, 08:03 PM
Any advice?

2121Sooner
5/16/2011, 08:08 PM
Stomp your glasses and contacts in joy

Had the laser surgery and you are going to love it. You will kick yourself for not doing it sooner.

Don't be skurred!!

StoopTroup
5/16/2011, 08:08 PM
Don't blink

sappstuf
5/17/2011, 11:02 AM
Stomp your glasses and contacts in joy

Had the laser surgery and you are going to love it. You will kick yourself for not doing it sooner.

Don't be skurred!!

Thanks. I am really looking forward to it. Have been trying to get it for years, but it finally all came together.

WichitaSooner
5/17/2011, 11:08 AM
It's so great that it won't be long before you are taking your newfound vision for granted... It was one of the best things I ever made the decision to do.

KantoSooner
5/17/2011, 11:12 AM
Okay. I'm nearsighted as a bat and have long thought about this. What about:

1. Rubbing your eyes? I worry about tearing off the fronts of my eyeballs. (let's be honest, that's literally what I worry about).

2. Long term stability. Will this go south on you in 25 years? I'm not young-young, but expect to make the next 30 years pretty easily.

3. Infection risk going forward. Can I swim in natural water (ie Okie lakes) without getting godawful infections?

4. Will I be more prone to dust, grass, general debris getting in my eyes and will I have to take special measures to get it out?

WichitaSooner
5/17/2011, 11:15 AM
Okay. I'm nearsighted as a bat and have long thought about this. What about:

1. Rubbing your eyes? I worry about tearing off the fronts of my eyeballs. (let's be honest, that's literally what I worry about).

2. Long term stability. Will this go south on you in 25 years? I'm not young-young, but expect to make the next 30 years pretty easily.

3. Infection risk going forward. Can I swim in natural water (ie Okie lakes) without getting godawful infections?

4. Will I be more prone to dust, grass, general debris getting in my eyes and will I have to take special measures to get it out?

Lol... after a week or two you can touch your eyeball just as much as you ever did... it's not like the incision stays there forever.

As for long-term, I can't speak for sure since I've only had mine a little over 2 years... but I got the lifetime warranty from TLC so if it does ever change they get to fix it. And I am getting farsided, which is a reality of the surgery... but I'd rather need glasses to read eventually, then need to wear contacts or glasses for EVERYTHING else.

KantoSooner
5/17/2011, 01:28 PM
I've worn glasses since I was 8 and can't see much more than 12" without 'em, so 'going commando' would be a whole new world for me.

And $25 for a pair of sun glasses vs. say $450 would be nice, too.

oumartin
5/17/2011, 01:35 PM
My wife has had it three times. THREE TIMES.

Sooner_Tuf
5/17/2011, 01:44 PM
Any advice?

Yes, don't get the really big ones. They never look natural.

sappstuf
5/25/2011, 10:55 AM
Had the PRK done. Happy with the results. It takes longer than Lasik to heal and the eyesite to get to what it will be, but I can already see much better than I could and every morning I wake up it is a little better.

The bad was, it hurt like a #$##$# two days after. The surgery is not painful, but on Friday night, it felt like I was being skull &*(( for about 18 hours.

Oh, if only Congress had passed that bill..

Obviously NSFW.

a3X2JqkO924

oumartin
5/25/2011, 12:26 PM
Had the PRK done. Happy with the results. It takes longer than Lasik to heal and the eyesite to get to what it will be, but I can already see much better than I could and every morning I wake up it is a little better.

The bad was, it hurt like a #$##$# two days after. The surgery is not painful, but on Friday night, it felt like I was being skull &*(( for about 18 hours.

Oh, if only Congress had passed that bill..

Obviously NSFW.

a3X2JqkO924

Just wait till you go back for your next three touchups... You get to go through that pain all over again.

soonercruiser
5/25/2011, 02:22 PM
Don't drive at night!

C&CDean
5/25/2011, 02:27 PM
Don't know a think about prk. I had lasik done in 2002ish. Best thing I ever did. I can still see great, and haven't spent a penny since on eye doctors/glasses/etc. Well except for the $9 Walmarts reading glasses. I only need them when I'm welding or reading while laying in bed.