PDA

View Full Version : Meanwhile in Seattle

AlboSooner
5/15/2011, 06:23 PM
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2011/05/14/2015057713.jpg

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/?from=stnv1

stoopified
5/18/2011, 12:42 PM
Just for grins I looked for Thunder articles in The Seattle Times. After looking through the archives I have reached the conclusion that those people are bitter,petty folks.

There was an article in which Seattle was painted as a guy who had his longtime,beautiful girlfriend stolen by an ugly dude. All his friends are telling him that he was done wrong.

There was another article slamming Sam Presti as being overrated.He apparently made a HUGE mistake by drafting Jeff Green and was lucky to get Durant.Apparently Sam Presti fell in a plie of manure and came up smelling like roses in hiring Scott Brooks.

My favorie was a fan letter who said that the clap of Thunder was in reality a Sonic boom.Then there are the reference to Bennet and his partners as thieves.Another fan said that Seattle fans should grow up and not be better towrd a lesser city like OKC.

Partial Qualifier
5/18/2011, 01:36 PM
Just for grins I looked for Thunder articles in The Seattle Times. After looking through the archives I have reached the conclusion that those people are bitter,petty folks.

There was an article in which Seattle was painted as a guy who had his longtime,beautiful girlfriend stolen by an ugly dude. All his friends are telling him that he was done wrong.

There was another article slamming Sam Presti as being overrated.He apparently made a HUGE mistake by drafting Jeff Green and was lucky to get Durant.Apparently Sam Presti fell in a plie of manure and came up smelling like roses in hiring Scott Brooks.

My favorie was a fan letter who said that the clap of Thunder was in reality a Sonic boom.Then there are the reference to Bennet and his partners as thieves.Another fan said that Seattle fans should grow up and not be better towrd a lesser city like OKC.

I genuinely felt bad for the hardcore Sonics fans up there, but this is 3 years later and it sounds like they still haven't accepted the fact they ****ed up. Facing that fact is key to doing what it takes to get a new team. At this rate, it could be decades.

stoopified
5/18/2011, 03:09 PM
I forgot to mention the sh!tstorm that was stirred up in Seattle after Nate Robinson had the audacity to tweet that THE THUNDER FANS WERE THE BEST HE HAD EVER SEEN. Since Nate is both a native of the Seattle area and a fomer Sonic this was treated as high treason in Sonicville.

Partial Qualifier
5/18/2011, 03:28 PM
Even more reason to love Nate.

Just don't put him in the game to guard anyone ever again. ;)

WA. Sooner
5/20/2011, 02:14 AM
Nate didn't play for the sonics, he went to the UW and drafted by Portland I think

stoopified
5/20/2011, 09:15 AM
Nate didn't play for the sonics, he went to the UW and drafted by Portland I thinkI hsve no idea about wether he was a Sonic personally BUT the article I read referred to him as a former Sonic.In any case it was a major deal because Nate is a local(Seattle) guy.

I would add that those were NOT Sonic booms last nite,it was OKC THUNDER.

stoopified
5/20/2011, 09:22 AM
UW you are right.Apparently my memory is faulty(no big shock). Still the point was that these bitter Seattle fans were all riled up over Nate's tweet. Funny stuff.

GrapevineSooner
5/20/2011, 01:10 PM
The bottom line is the club was in a crappy arena deal and were bleeding massive amounts of money.

I get the emotional connection to the club and the fact that there were hard care Sonics fans who got screwed. But if you can't set aside the emotional aspect and look at the cold hard facts, let along consider that the Thunder have been a success in Oklahoma, you fail at logic.